[News October 21st] Hmong Garden Controversy

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
she works for a council member..
it's her job to go out and speak to the hmong gardeners..
the only issue i see about this was her unprofessional style of compromising
her vulgar language that she used.. in front of cameras..
damn.. that's bad... lol.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Dude...I still can't get over this. Maybe it's bothering me cause I might have seen that Monica Yang before. If anyone can just confirm. BTW...What's going on now?

Kayleen

sarNie Egg
Dam, how old is she? There is ALOT of Hmong professional out there that could of handled this way better than her..I think it's time for her employer to let her go..due to the lack of education/grammer/poor attitude that she has. They need to higher somebody who know how to talk, respect, and resolve issues in a professional manner.

I'm so glad that the hmong farmers are not backing down on this though. If I live in Cali I would so be there to cheer to them on. FIGHT ON MY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I'm sure she was aware of the camera men when she spoke those words, maybe it's a publicity stunt, to get herself famous (turn into the talk of the town). Maybe...it was her day of the month, that can turn a women's world upside down and cranky. Whatever caused those words to slip, she should learn to bite her tongue when being in the eye of the media. From what I saw on the news clip she seems like an amatuer, her attitude is that of a teenager. If you're a professional no matter how much a person talks in your face you will not give in, let alone use those kind of words.

kelly_yang

sarNie Egg
WOW...Monica Yang was so unprofessional...that was so shameful...she not only hurted her image but she also hurted Council member Paul Caprioglio image

VENOM559

sarNie Egg
yea this got over the news, my dad was depressed after the first city hall meeting about our farm at clovis and belmont, my family and I have been farming there for the last 13 years, growing crops is what we do to feed our families, I heard my dad told me that, when the news guy was interviewing my father, there was a woman hmong interpreter there too, when ever my dad said something in hmong, she would describe it differently, now my dad understands little english so he just let the woman say whatever she wants. For an update now our situation, we are still farming, we don't know for how long we have until the city decides to build a park there, an maybe we have to go through this MEETING again, well iono, after my parents harvest all there crops, they are probably stopping farming...Oh yea my dad's name is Joua Lue Lo.

(venom559)

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
What was she thinking? Oh wait, she wasn't thinking that's why.
LOLs. True.

I think this chick is power hungry. Like, WTF is she thinking? LMFAO.
Crazy little chick. Just cause she's all highly-educated and she works
for the city doesn't mean she has to cause her own people to suffer.
With no education, like her rich ass, some of our people have to worry
about gardening in order to support their families.

Stupidest of all, she did not help her own people to fully understand
the situation at hand, but she says "Get your facts straight, fuck you
bitch." Like WTF back to your damn face, bitch. What the crap.

=_=^^

This reminds me of our local dentist here. Power hungry. And they think
they're all better than everyone else because they're highly-educated
and they have a good job? WTFreak. Without your Hmong people to
support your lame ass, you'd be no where.

Whatever, Hmong people nowadays are becoming a disgrace. WTF, are
Hmongs really going to end up just backstabbing each other until we no
longer exist? Lame-o. If it was me, I would make help them to fully
understand the situation. She turned her back.

Apologizing isn't even meaningful or helpful no more. People already see
the real you. You're willing to step on your own people just cause you
think you're better. Even if you apologize, people already are wary that
you are capable of doing the same thing again. Forget even thinking about
achieving any Hmong support. She's so rude. I wonder how her family feels
about this. Seriously, I would love to see her reaction when her parents
get treated the same way. How disappointing.

*Is she a YANG or a VANG? The third clip of the article said Vang but then it
started out as YANG. I personally disown her as a YANG so she better not be
a YANG. I'm sure this chick must not know much about her cultural background.
Either that, or the chick was raised as a spoiled child who never had to witness
seeing her people suffer at all.

4y0u1lL

sarNie Egg
she only said "f*** you b****" unless there was much more to it that just those words. i can't really say she is a bad person or a disgrace to the hmong people, she is only doing her job and she snapped. of course it was wrong of her but i wouldnt say she was a bad person or a disgrace.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
yea this got over the news, my dad was depressed after the first city hall meeting about our farm at clovis and belmont, my family and I have been farming there for the last 13 years, growing crops is what we do to feed our families, I heard my dad told me that, when the news guy was interviewing my father, there was a woman hmong interpreter there too, when ever my dad said something in hmong, she would describe it differently, now my dad understands little english so he just let the woman say whatever she wants. For an update now our situation, we are still farming, we don't know for how long we have until the city decides to build a park there, an maybe we have to go through this MEETING again, well iono, after my parents harvest all there crops, they are probably stopping farming...Oh yea my dad's name is Joua Lue Lo.

(venom559)
Venom559!!! I miss your videos!

*sigh* I'm sorry you guys are one of the many Hmong families that are affected by this controversy. My parents love farming too and I would be very upset if this was to happen to them.

genn04

sarNie Hatchling
Mai Summer Vue (Hmong Lady Activist), came on to the KBIF 900 Hmong Radio expecting that the parents of Monica Yang contact her right away and get this problem solved, at least to apology face to face or else she's gonna get this problem down to city hall to get her fired. I supported Summer Vue...this lady...they're always helping our parents when they're being mistreated...i have to like her because what if one day something unfairly happened to my parents...i'm gonna need her help.

Those of u who don't know Summer Vue we have to recognized her...she'a a elementary teacher and a hmong lady activist. Early she help the hmong parents go through difficult situation how hmong parents were ticket by police officer by neither discrimination or race, and a few of them were being accused or arrested by accident. She help most of them out and i'm really proud of her.

miss_rice

sarNie Egg
Mai Summer Vue (Hmong Lady Activist), came on to the KBIF 900 Hmong Radio expecting that the parents of Monica Yang contact her right away and get this problem solved, at least to apology face to face or else she's gonna get this problem down to city hall to get her fired. I supported Summer Vue...this lady...they're always helping our parents when they're being mistreated...i have to like her because what if one day something unfairly happened to my parents...i'm gonna need her help.

Those of u who don't know Summer Vue we have to recognized her...she'a a elementary teacher and a hmong lady activist. Early she help the hmong parents go through difficult situation how hmong parents were ticket by police officer by neither discrimination or race, and a few of them were being accused or arrested by accident. She help most of them out and i'm really proud of her.

wow she seems like a really tough woman... good for her...i like her already...give her all the props in the world...