No Reservations goes to Laos

Kenshin

sarNie Egg
The Travel Channel Show Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations went to Laos. The episode premiered today and I'm watching it right now. It showed him going around the country and eating the local cuisine. I'm liking it a lot. I'm learning a bunch of new stuff I never knew (such as people still being killed by undetonated bombs dropped by America during the Vietnam War) and I'm glad Laos is getting more and more recognition.

Well anyway, does anyone else watch this show? I think its really interesting.

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
my sister also recorded that espisode because we missed it and it played again at 2 a.m. and it's too late to watch at that time, although i couldn't fall asleep until 3:30 a.m. we were trying to watch it earlier with my parents in the living room but my nephew wanted to watch his darn cartoons so i will watch it later. i want to see how my dad's country looks like because i've visited my mom's home country of thailand twice and never laos, but i'm assuming that they are similar.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I just finish watching this...

I feel so blessed and proud to be part of this heritage. Laos is so enchanting, magical, mystical, mysterious, and beautiful. Watching this has brought tears to my eyes. I wish the kingdom was still alive, but nevertheless, Laos is my country forever.

I am very pleased with Anthony Bourdain for showing the world my beautiful and peaceful country.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I just finish watching this...

I feel so blessed and proud to be part of this heritage. Laos is so enchanting, magical, mystical, mysterious, and beautiful. Watching this has brought tears to my eyes. I wish the kingdom was still alive, but nevertheless, Laos is my country forever.

I am very pleased with Anthony Bourdain for showing the world my beautiful and peaceful country.
That's how I feel. I hope over the coming centuries Laos doesn't change to much and lose it's magicalness.

lady0fdarkness

It saddens me that till this day, hundreds of innocent people are still being killed by the millions of unexploded bombs and mines that the Americans left behind.

I was also apalled to hear that the Americans also dumped their left over bombs for Vietnam on Laos. You know... I don't think there would be so many bombs left by the millions if the Americans would have just mind their own God damn business and let the North and South Vietnam have their war.

nina07

sarNie Adult
OOh! i watched it last night, and i thought it was hilarious. My dad was watching it with me and he'd laugh because it'll make him think back when he was little. keke. They were giving him whisky and shizz lmao! and it was hilarious when he tried to speak lao, and hes like "sap lai" when he was eating Kao peak. HAHA. It liked talked about the vietnam war, and how bombs are still underground and havent gone off 30 years later. Its so weird because like I could understand everything in there, including the lao. haha.i wanna see it again, keke. let me check :p

lady0fdarkness

^^ Indeed. I think they did a great job at conveying how Laos is. I cried the part where Anthony Bourdain ate a meal with the man with missing limbs and his family. It was hard to watch, because that man is innocent, but is still destroyed from the bombs left behind by the Americans. Many of us have been scarred by the war. I paid a huge price when it killed my dad.

annea

sarNie Adult
awww...sorry to hear that na ka ladyofdarkness....travel channel huh? I should watch that channel more often...I would love to travel and explore the world....anything about Laos/Thailand on TV gets me excited...haha..LOL

nina07

sarNie Adult
Yeah, and then Anthony was like "As you can see, Im not myself in here. What you say to a man that has lost his limbs for being so innocent?"
That was sad. Sorry to hear that Lome my grampa died in the war too. :(

dfemc

sarNie Adult
interesting...wow, thnx for the info. i need to find this show. cuz i don't have tv. if anyone cares to upload or share, that'd be awesome!

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
Sorry I don't know that either. But hopefully someone would be able to help you out, so you can upload for us. :)
But if is too much trouble for you, then it's alright don't worried about it. I'll see if anyone upload at youtube. Still greatly appreciated if you can do it. :lol: Thank you. ;)