"NRAUG LAUS" a MOUA LEE film

pathfinder

sarNie Egg
Hey everyone,

This is Moua Lee, with Golden Path Entertainment. I hope you guys have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR and a great 2007 to look forward to. Well, it’s been two years since I produced and directed my last movie, “NKAUJ HLI TXOJ HMOO.” I missed looking into that camera viewfinder, framing my shots, blocking and directing the actors, and cutting and chopping all the pieces to fit them all together to make a movie out of it. Some of you liked it and I’m pretty sure lots of you hated it….or… well… maybe somewhere in between…hehe. Either way, it’s okay. I enjoyed making Hmong movies so…I’ll continue to do what I love.

I can tell that many of you guys in here are Hmong movie fans and many are not. Either way, I hope you guys will give me and other Hmong movie producers time to improve ourselves and allow Hmong movies to progress accordingly. I am very optimistic that the future is bright because the path has been dugged…even though the road is still just a dirt road with lots of pot holes and opsticles with lots of bumpy rides. But that’s okay. I think it’s still better than having no road to travel at all. I can guarantee you that there will be talented young guys and ladies out there who will come along and help us fill up the pot-holes and straigthen the path.

Well, with that said…I want to let you guys know that I’m heading to Thailand in Mid January, 2007 to shoot my next project called, “NRAUG LAUS.” It’s a ROMANTIC COMEDY about LEM, a guy whose age is catching up with him. He is in his late 30s and he has yet to find a bride. He is the talk of the town and the ridicule of many who knows him. His love interest is NTXAWM, the daughter of the Headsman of the village. However, she dispises him with the look in her eyes that can make a guy go jump off a cliff. Her lover is TSOV NTXHUAV who hate Lem’s gut with a jealous desire to do whatever it takes to bring even more shame and disgrace to Lem’s already ruined reputation. Knowing that only in dreams will he ever get the opportunities to hold Ntxawm’s hands and touch her beautiful face, he sets out to find his soulmate. Along with his side-kick friend, TXAWJ NTA, a divorced guy whom the village think has lost his manhood. As they set out on their journey to find that someone who will acceopt them as they are... you, the audience will get to laugh…lots of laugh…cry…have fun… and enjoy their MISSION to find themselves and that someone who will change their lives.

This movie will be different from what I’ve been doing and I believe many of you guys will enoy it a lot. I hope you guys spread the word for me and look forward to it this JULY 2007.

"NRAUG LAUS"
a MOUA LEE film
Golden Path Entertainment

Release Date: JULY 2007

Thanks for reading. :lol:

ML

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
the storyline is very catchy indeed. and i can tell that there will be lots of humor and comdey going on. i will be anticipating your next film. btw who will be the main leading actor/actress? and in the future, do you plan on producing movies here in america?

lala209

sarNie Hatchling
:yahoo: Woo hoo! hey MOUA... I didn't think you'll visit sarnworld or am i just late? anyway, I went to the new years to look for any of your new movies but then rumors spreads that you didn't have one out. I was disappointed but, it's okay. I've always loved your movies from the very start. I can't remember the first one but I think it was "Koj muaj kuv plaug" or " Lauj mas thiab ntxsum lis" <--- sorry, I can't spell write in hmong. I know... it's shameful but I'm trying. If your movie comes out July 2007, where would it be sale at? hmong store near me? order online? let me know okay. I'm looking forward to buy it and add it to my Golden Path collection. You are absolutely talented. I wish I have the passion for filming but unfortunately I don't that's why we have you and the other rest of them producers. You're doing a great job! Please keep up the good work. Also, please reply back if you have the chance and thank you for your update. Keep us posted. :D

pathfinder

sarNie Egg
If your movie comes out July 2007, where would it be sale at? hmong store near me? order online? let me know okay. I'm looking forward to buy it and add it to my Golden Path collection.
Thanks lala209 for your kind words and your support of my movies and all Hmong movies .

Depending on where you are but you should be able to get it at a local Hmong retail store near you. It will be available online too. For Minnesotans, JULY 4th Festival or most of MN Hmong stores.

I have yet to go and shoot it but if it all goes according to plan, I should have a teaser trailor up by APRILL and a full trailor by MAY 2007. Please go to www.goldenpathentertainment.com for updates.

Thanks.

ML

pathfinder

sarNie Egg
the storyline is very catchy indeed. and i can tell that there will be lots of humor and comdey going on. i will be anticipating your next film. btw who will be the main leading actor/actress? and in the future, do you plan on producing movies here in america?
Hi 'xxmiss_maixx'...

Yes, there will be lots of laughs in the money. But I will try a different approach to Hmong comedy. It won't be the over exagerated body language and walking awkwards here and there type of funny but more of punch line and situation comedy.

Main actor/actress...honestly, I don't know yet. I have some people in mind but no confirmations. I will keep you guys posted.

Making a movie in the US?

Yes. I've got a Jerome Foundation Grant and I'm waiting for the reply of another Grant from the Bush Foundation here in Minnesota to a produce a feature film that contains three short stories. I should know by March of 2007 and from there I will begin production of the feature film titled, "DAB NEEG" which contains, "POJ RUAM", "THE FOREST KEEPER", and "UNFORGETTABLE SMILE". I really hope I get the Bush Foundation Artist Fellowship Grant so I'll have enough "bigger" budget to produce this one. Either way, it will be produced and you guys will get to see it.

I hope you guys are patient enough to forgive the short comings and weaknesses of my movies. BETTER FILMS ARE YET TO COME.

Fearless

sarNie Adult
Interesting.. it seems like something different.. I'll be looking forward to it.. have you ever thought about making a romance movie here in the US?

cecilia

Staff member
one thing i admire about Moua Lee film is that your the way you capture the view are just breath taking..i love it..make it look very professionally done and a big threat to go against ..LOL..and another thing is..i'm picky about Hmong film..there's a certain one that i like and certain one that i dont....for the time being, the plot sound super cute..and for sure..it'll be a good one..just to add on that side note..will the lead actor be someone we know or is he just some random ppl..which i'm sure..can definitely act..but i thought since he's in his mid 30 can we at least make him a bit good looking..so that we wont' have to feel pity for him..but not totally hot too..cuz that will ruin the whole concept..but nvm..excuse my taste..i just hope it came out awesome..from the look of it..the prologue is totally gREAT..!..keep up the awesome work..hope to see more success from Hmong Fellow Artist ^^

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
It wouldn't be a surprised, Comedy/Romance has been popular among the hmong people for a long time, finally Moua Lee changing genre a bit. This one sounds interesting, definitly will take a peek at it when it's out on premier. I like how the main character will not be "love at first sight" like usual hmong movie. Good Luck on your filming, and have a safe trip to Thailand. BTW. Have you consider who will be in your cast listing for this movie?

Mae

sarNie Adult
Cool. I'm excited. I've always been a fan of Moua Lee films and I'm estatic to hear a new movie is in the making. The storyline is quite different from others so I'll be looking forward to it....I really enjoy the tense dramatic/romantic lakorns, and only hope for more of those movies. Yet, a change in genre is also a new phase. Either way, I'm hoping for more movies from Moua Lee and his crew. No doubt, your production has come out to be the best for Hmong movies, such as taping, the views/angles, picture quality, effects, etc.....

lala209

sarNie Hatchling
Cool. I'm excited. I've always been a fan of Moua Lee films and I'm estatic to hear a new movie is in the making. The storyline is quite different from others so I'll be looking forward to it....I really enjoy the tense dramatic/romantic lakorns, and only hope for more of those movies. Yet, a change in genre is also a new phase. Either way, I'm hoping for more movies from Moua Lee and his crew. No doubt, your production has come out to be the best for Hmong movies, such as taping, the views/angles, picture quality, effects, etc.....

YOU'RE RIGHT! MOUA LEE DOES HAVE GREAT QUALITY IN ALL HIS MOVIES. ESPECIALLY WHEN HE SHOOTS FROM DIFFERENT ANGLES. THE WAY HE DIRECT HIS ACTRESSES AND ACTORS TO POST IN CERTAIN WAYS TO GET THAT PERFECT SHOT ARE JUST SUPERB. AGAIN, GREAT JOB MOUA LEE. KEEP IT COMING!

mayo

sarNie Egg
awsome... i love your movie... cant wait... i was wondering when you'll have a new movie out...

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
Hey everyone,

This is Moua Lee, with Golden Path Entertainment. I hope you guys have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR and a great 2007 to look forward to. Well, it’s been two years since I produced and directed my last movie, “NKAUJ HLI TXOJ HMOO.” I missed looking into that camera viewfinder, framing my shots, blocking and directing the actors, and cutting and chopping all the pieces to fit them all together to make a movie out of it. Some of you liked it and I’m pretty sure lots of you hated it….or… well… maybe somewhere in between…hehe. Either way, it’s okay. I enjoyed making Hmong movies so…I’ll continue to do what I love.

I can tell that many of you guys in here are Hmong movie fans and many are not. Either way, I hope you guys will give me and other Hmong movie producers time to improve ourselves and allow Hmong movies to progress accordingly. I am very optimistic that the future is bright because the path has been dugged…even though the road is still just a dirt road with lots of pot holes and opsticles with lots of bumpy rides. But that’s okay. I think it’s still better than having no road to travel at all. I can guarantee you that there will be talented young guys and ladies out there who will come along and help us fill up the pot-holes and straigthen the path.

Well, with that said…I want to let you guys know that I’m heading to Thailand in Mid January, 2007 to shoot my next project called, “NRAUG LAUS.” It’s a ROMANTIC COMEDY about LEM, a guy whose age is catching up with him. He is in his late 30s and he has yet to find a bride. He is the talk of the town and the ridicule of many who knows him. His love interest is NTXAWM, the daughter of the Headsman of the village. However, she dispises him with the look in her eyes that can make a guy go jump off a cliff. Her lover is TSOV NTXHUAV who hate Lem’s gut with a jealous desire to do whatever it takes to bring even more shame and disgrace to Lem’s already ruined reputation. Knowing that only in dreams will he ever get the opportunities to hold Ntxawm’s hands and touch her beautiful face, he sets out to find his soulmate. Along with his side-kick friend, TXAWJ NTA, a divorced guy whom the village think has lost his manhood. As they set out on their journey to find that someone who will acceopt them as they are... you, the audience will get to laugh…lots of laugh…cry…have fun… and enjoy their MISSION to find themselves and that someone who will change their lives.

This movie will be different from what I’ve been doing and I believe many of you guys will enoy it a lot. I hope you guys spread the word for me and look forward to it this JULY 2007.

"NRAUG LAUS"
a MOUA LEE film
Golden Path Entertainment

Release Date: JULY 2007
Thanks for reading. :lol:

ML
Great to hear that Moua! I have always been a fan of yours. I hope that our films will be nearly half as good as yours. You are such an inspiration to us and I can't wait to see your next completed projects!

PC Vaj
SEG

mokka

sarNie Adult
sounds very interesting... I hope that your movie won't have stupid stuff that makes it funny like, bee monkey pulling a girl's skirt.

otherwise i'm looking forward to it.

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
wow...i can't believe i'm actually going to be talking to Moua Lee through a forum like this...hahah....it's kinda amazing in my eyes.....yes, i'm the type to go crazy for all famous people....it amuses me....hahah.....

anyways, i'm excited about this new movie of yours!! i like the concept of it being a comedy.....but on the other hand, i would much rather prefer your romantic/drama movies....i'm a sucker for romance films....anyways, about the casting, it doesn't matter to me...i think you are superb at letting your actors/actresses communicate to each other in the way that they will be able to have good on-screen chemistry with each other......(unlike some other directors...)

i also support the idea of you making a movie here in the U.S.....i think after you get done with "DAB NEEG" you should do one in the U.S.....or, if you wanted to make it more interesting....have it be in the U.S as well as in Thailand/Laos......i always think a movie like that would be cool.....

one more thing.....i know this is a huge thing to ask....but i don't want you to take it as a command or anything.....just take it as a suggestion from a HUGE fan of your movies...hahaha......anyway, i would really like to see Paj Zaub Vwj and Tub Yaj in a movie together again...i loved your movie you had em in together..."Mam Hlub Lwm Tiam" ....i really wish to see em on-screen again!!!

good luck and hope everything goes well for you on your upcoming movie!!!!

pathfinder

sarNie Egg
Great to hear that Moua! I have always been a fan of yours. I hope that our films will be nearly half as good as yours. You are such an inspiration to us and I can't wait to see your next completed projects!

PC Vaj
SEG

Hey PC, thank you very much for your kind words. I have no doubt that you guys are talented and filled with lots of dreams and passion for film making. I know you will do just as well or even better than my films. One thing is for sure...I'm not the best. I just simply tried my best to put out as good a movie as I can. I'm still learning and I appreciate you liking my films and I'm happy to hear that what I do have inspired you in one small way or another. I look forward to seeing your project soon. Do not hesitate to let me know IF I CAN BE OF ANY ASSISTANCE.

AND...THANKS EVERYONE...FOR YOUR COMMENTS, COMPLIMENTS, AND SUGGESTIONS. I WILL TAKE ALL OF YOUR WORDS INTO CONSIDERATION AND TRY TO BE A BETTER HMONG FILM MAKER. I APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT OF MY MOVIES. I ENCOURAGE YOU GUYS TO SUPPORT ALL OTHER HMONG MOVIE PRODUCERS AND THEIR MOVIES AS WELL. ALL OF US ARE TRYING OUR BEST AND IN DUE TIME, I KNOW THAT HMONG MOVIES WILL BE OF HIGHER QUALITY WITH DEEPER MEANING OF SUBJECT MATTERS. IT WILL TAKE AWHILE BUT THE TIME WILL COME. I HOPE YOU ALL "SHOW SOME LOVE" AND PATIENCE INSTEAD OF HATE. THAT'S THE ONLY WAY WE CAN GO FAR.

Many of you have asked if I will make a film here in the U.S. I would much rather shoot my movies here than over there in Thailand or Laos...and that is my goal within the next couple of years. But for now it makes much more sense ECONOMICALLY to shoot a movie over there, so I hope you guys are patient and give me a bit of time to garner a bigger budget and produce an AWESOME movie over here IN THE UNITED STATES.

THANKS FOR READING.... "THE BEST IS YET TO COME"

MOUA LEE
GOLDEN PATH ENTERTAINMENT