Ocean Mist : Kob l Tik

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
^^ lol.. those are the best. Just cause we all know the pa'aek will suffer after that, being head over heels with the nang'aek.
I love those type of storylines too. But when I write it, I keep thinking to myself, pra'ek is so desperate and na'ek is so arrogant. Haha. It's hard to write the parts where pra'ek and na'ek patch things up. Sometimes I think some things that happen between them can't be forgiven and then I want to kill a character off. HAHA. But it's a fanfic anything goes...

I think I will post 'Fallen For You' it's sarn's type, although it doesn't go over 'm' just a little 'r' rated, I think. If I post it up, I'll be managing three stories. This story and 'Fallen For You' is done but 'Ripples In The Water' it's still in progress.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Chapter 7

On the grass in front of the house, Kob was sitting down scuffling with the wrench. She was using a wrench to get the knobs out of the bike so she could take off the puncture tire. Tik brought the new tire and put them aside as he sad opposite Kob.

Tik: “You’ve been turning them the wrong way that’s why they won’t come out.” He use the wrench to bite the knob and turn it clockwise. “The only problem with the bike is that the wheels were flat other than that the bike will be as good as new. He put the new wheel in place and screw the knob back on. He tighten the bolts.

Kob: “Can I try it now…” Tik nods. She quickly got on and paddle around the area. After a few minutes he stop in front of Tik. “Hey mister…You have something on your face.” Tik wipe his chin and Kob laughs. “Not there on your forehead.”

Tik: “Here?” He wipes up there. Kob laughs again. “No…there…” She pointed to his cheek. He put rest his palm on his cheek and rub it. Kob laugh very hard almost falling off her bike. “What’s so funny?” He stick out his hand and saw grease on it. “You…?” He rush to the stain glass to get a mirror image of himself. He got grease all over his face. “You’re going to get it now…” He blocks her way as she try to maneuver around Tik with her bike.

Kob: “Get out of the way…I might crash into you…” Tik holds the handle bars where Kob had her hands on it. Grease print were on her hand. “Ah. You got me dirty…” She got off the bike and lay it on the floor, the more she rub the grease they got more messy.

Tik: “Only a good scrubbing with soap will get it off. You got the better end of the deal.” He approach her and tip her nose with his finger. “Oops…I stain your nose…”

Kob: “Why did you do that for…” She instinctively rub her nose. She realize she got more grease on her face. “Alright. You got back at me. Happy?”

Tik: “Happy…” Tik takes her hand and lead her into the kitchen to clean themselves. Tik roughly scrub his face to get the grease off. After he patted his face dry he notice Kob was massaging her hand with soap, bonding her hand together and creating a gap so she could blow bubbles. She blew little ones out the window before turning to Tik and blowing a huge one at him. Inside the bubble, Tik could see the day Kob saved his life and the moments she chase after trying to get a piggy back ride but always get thrown off. The scenes faded when the bubble pop in his face. Kob wasn’t in the kitchen anymore, when he look out the kitchen window Kob was sitting outside wiping the bike with a cloth. Kob was polishing the handle bar when Tik came to sit beside her. Kob had a feeling Tik was glaring at her so she turns to look at him, he quickly look away. “Your bangs had grew since the day we met.” Kob slid her bangs aside.

Kob: “I don’t have time to cut them so instead of straight bangs, I’ve decided to split it to only one side.”

Tik remember the encounter that morning and takes out the piece of paper that a girl gave him that morning. When Kob reach for it she could see a phone number written in Tik’s palm. She takes a look at the piece of paper and immediately got to her feet. She ran into the house and picks up the phone, dialing the number quickly. She notice there was no tone. The phone cord was plugged in, it must had been some other problem. She check the cabinet and found a cellphone. She quickly dial, but the caller did not pick up. She shut it not too long when the phone started to ring. She answers it, it was of a women who sound very excited. “Son. You finally activated the cellphone. Why haven’t you call? I’ve worried about you.” Kob answer her “You got the wrong phone number.” Thinking the person got the wrong phone number she shuts the cell phone off, when she threw it back into the cabinet the battery slid out. No further call could go through.

Tik: “There’s a message…” He pressed the button.

***Message***
“To Kob. Unfortunately, my mother didn’t make it this afternoon. There will be funeral held late next week for the lost of my mother. It would be much appreciation if you came.” The messenger’s voice was shaken.

Kob: “Why didn’t you give me the phone number earlier. Why…” She grabs the collar of his shirt. “Why! Why!” she repeats a few times before pushing Tik away. “I could had taken a last visit if I gotten this notice.” Tik was speechless. He knew by Kob’s reaction that she was close to the person who died. If he given her the notice earlier, she could have met the decease and have her last words. Kob rush out of the house, Tik follows her outside and tug her toward him.

Tik: “Cool down.”

Kob: “I don’t need you to tell me what to do.” She calmly stated. Kob headed down the stairs but Tik blocks her way.

Tik: “She might be in the morgue by now.” Kob slaps him across the face.

Kob: “How dare you assume such thing.”

Tik: “You’re upset.”

Kob: “Just get out of my way…” When she took a step aside him and was going to walk around him he swung her around and dragged her inside the house.

Tik: “When she invited you to the funeral it means you’ll have to wait till then to see the decease. No one control their time of death.”

Kob: “I’m going to paint.”

Tik: “Why don’t you sought for comfort somewhere else.”

Kob: “Sought comfort in you? You see the shell but not what’s inside. Only see the girl, not the women.”

Just as Kob took a step out the doorway, she felt something tugged on her, then a ripping noise. “Ah…” She gets pulled back. “Stop pulling me Tik, I’m going out and you can’t stop me.” The more she tugged the more her the back of her shirt torn. Tik came to her side.

Tik: “I’m not doing anything.” He raise his hands so she could see. Kob slightly turn her head aside and saw that a loose nail at the door had clung onto her shirt. When Tik helps removed the nail from her shirt, he notice there were no scar on the back of her left shoulder, he wonder if the story Kob told him the other day was true or not and if true who’s story it was from.

About a few weeks later it was coming close to the granny funeral. Kob notice Tik had been getting every Sunday newspaper, but a section would be cut out. Suspicious of him, Kob goes into his room and check his drawers. When she enter his room, the sliding window out to the balcony was fully open, the curtains flutter as papers spread all over the floor. Kob kneel down to gather them, they were notes and drafts of Tik’s story, a batch of newspaper section scatter to her side. They were clip together, a column long each chapter were. She begun to read, although Tik did not name the character, she knew it was partially base on her. But…the heroin that came into the hero’s life was an angel representing a characteristic of his lost sister. Even though at first he neglect the girl, he soon get to know her. The story of the girl which was tormented by her step mother and step sister was that of the angel’s past. That was when she was living, but when you become a spirit, the pain is uplifted and forgotten. The physically and emotional scars vanish as though it never existed, it is so the spirit can live blissfully and peacefully, resembling a innocent child.

When Tik enter his room a blast of wind shot through him, the papers on the floor started to skid all over the room. Kob got up and walk past him.

Tik: “Let me explain.” He follows her downstairs.

Kob: “They’re empty words.” Her eyes were fully watery.

Tik: “Yell me. Scold me all you want.” Kob leans in and place a gently kiss on his lips, he can feel her lips tremble. One tear slid down her cheek and she quickly pulled away.

Kob: “Let me disappear like your character.” She wiped her tear.

Tik chased after Kob out into the street. The road they walked had tree surrounded both side. On the side of the sidewalk Tik called after her. She finally turns around to ask one question.

Kob: “Be honest. You never had any feelings toward me did you?” Tik was hesitant. “I’ve been in pain through out my life. Now…your bringing back those memories. You’re just like them (step-mother and step-sister), you haven’t and never will care.” She backed up into the road. “You seen nothing in me other than the shell of your lost sister. A child, simple minded, easy to cheer up. I have feelings too you know, I’m not a puppet.”

Tik: “Kob!” He push the distraught Kob forward, although another car opposite of the road came forward Kob also. When two car passed each other, Tik was the only one who got striked. He rolls onto the ground in pain. Kob felt her body in shock.

Kob: “The car went through me.” She raised her hand and look at it as it started to become transparent. She stood in the middle of the road chill to the spine. Suddenly something dark jumps out from the thick trees and snap on Kob‘s leg, she falls forward. Tik who was hardly conscious could see a blur of the blank wolf who had red eyes resembling the one from yesterday night. The black wolf tug on Kob trying to drag her into the woods. “Help me…help me…”

Tik remembers Kob’s words “Just agree that you’ll be there for me WHEN you can. I know I cannot ask for much because I am only a person who brings bad memories.” There were many times Kob had hinted him he was treating her like his lost sister. Kob’s hand slids on the road way as she struggle, her finger claw onto the pavement trying to get a grip. Tik reach out for her, while one hand on his rib cage. Kob instead pull back, not wanting his affection for it was too late. Kob quickly in despair turn over and slid her hand into her pocket where she got Tik’s pocket knife, she lean forward and stab the wolf in the face. Tik could hear the black wolf painful whimper, Kob could see a bolt of lightening striking the black wolf, it disappear. The light of lighten turn into a bright light, which stood a golden Buddha.

***At a witch craft place***
The bowl of wolf blood spill. The witch craft men tells Arisa and her mother that it was over. The spirit will be gone from now on. Shortly after the mother and daughter left. The same wolf that attack Kob attack the witch craft person. Because he took advantage of his magic, he was pull to hell.

***Back at the road***
When Kob rush toward Tik, an ambulance that was call for Tik drove through Kob. She again check her transparent body not sure what was going on. She looks back at the Buddha and then at Tik. The Buddha approach Kob and wrapped her with his cloth before they vanish. Tik’s eyes close after seeing the scene and hearing the whisper of the breeze… “I like you a lot…” A cheerful yet lamenting voice of Kob whistle in the air.

***At the hospital***
Tun was distress that he the granny die in his care. He sat outside covering his face with his hand. A nurse quickly tells him of Pen-Chan’s condition. Inside the room Tun could see in the monitor zapping franticly. Her heart beat was rapid. Her hands were now clutched into a fist.

Kob did not know how she got to the hospital but she saw people railing Tik into the hally. Behind the door where Tun was in, Tik could be seen wheel down the hallway, Kob chased after him but stop when she had an eerie feeling. She could see a bright light fading inside the room, walks in to find herself laying in the hospital bed. Tun was shinning a flashlight into Pen-Chan’s eyes, which blinded Kob also.

Kob: “This is what she meant when she told me to go. I’m a lost spirit.” Her voice echo as she turns into mist that sunk into Pen-Chan’s body. Tun puts his light into his pocket and was about to inject some medicine into her but she had slowly open her eyes. She blinks a few times and squint her eyes to the bright lights in the room.

Tun: “Dim the lights, close the curtains.” He orders the nurse. Now Kob was able to see clearly. She turns to Tun.

Kob: “Who are you and why am I here.” Those were her first words. Tun stick his hand in front of her and tells her to tell him the amount of finger he had up. After checking her he knew she was fully conscious and her mind was working.

When Tik woke up it was already in the middle of the night. He sat up on his bed when he remember what happen to Kob. Without permission, he pluck out the ivy needles. His ribs still ache but he tolerate with it. He opens the door and a startle nurse stands in the front desk. “You should be up sir.” At the far end of the hallway he could hear noise someone yelling and see things throw out off the room.

Kob: “I want to go home. The stench of chemical is killing me.” The nurse held her down onto the bed and strap her arms and legs. “Let go of me. I want to go home.”

Nurse: “You’re pretty strong for a person who just woke up from a coma.” Tun walks into the room after checking up on his other patients.

Kob: “I want to go to my beach house!” She scream. Tun brighten the lights in the room. Kob finally stop calms down when she had her eyes on a portrait that hung in the room. The portrait was of a beautiful beach morning with two figure standing watching the waves. The portrait she had painted.

Tun: “If you miss home. You can glance at that while you’re recuperating.” He pulls a chair and set by her bedside. “What is your name miss…”

Kob: “The nurse here said you call me Pen-Chan. That’s not my name. I’m Kob…Kob Suvanant Kongying…”

Her name could be hear echoing in Tik’s ear. He calls for her and walks up and down the hallway opening other room where patients were sleeping. The nurse grabs hold of him and tugged him back to his room. He ask her if there was another patient brought into the hospital with him but there weren’t no one else. He had the nurse give him the papers which had reports of the accident. It stated the driver was talking on his cell phone, he wasn’t paying attention to the road so he accidentally hit a man. Only him alone that he saw on the road, no one else. Tik wouldn’t remain rest, and had a lot of questions. The nurse had to inject a medicine to make him sleep for the night and rest his wounds.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Chapter 8

***As Tun sat on the chair by Kob’s side, he untie her legs and one of her hand. Tun sat quietly before the police came to take a report.***

Police: “Do you remember anything prior before you collapse?” Kob looks away ignoring them. “It’s very crucial in our investigation that you contribute.” Tun asked her instead and she answers him.

Kob: “I…” She rubbed her forehead. “I can’t remember.” The police went out a bit before coming into the room again. He got some paper fax to him on Kob’s profile and her records.

Police: “You weren’t trying to commit suicide were you?” Kob gave the police men a warning glare. “Everything point to it, miss Suvanant. The cut mark on your wrist.” He pointed to it. Kob studied it. “Your wreck boat and you past CRIMINAL record…”

Kob: “Better shut your accusations and wild imagination.” Tun steps in.

Tun: “It’s obvious she was a victim of some sort of crime. A wrecked boat…it that not obvious enough that someone wanted to dump her into the sea and get rid of the evidence. When she first came in she had a cut on her wrist, which in most case would be suspected as a suicide attempt. But in my statement and the villiagers who found her, there was bruise on her arms and legs, doesn’t that mean something was holding her down. Mostly likely her perpetrators where immature, trying to slit a wound on her wrist to make it seem like a suicide” Tun thought for a bit. “Usually people would want to remember the good memories, the bad memories you suffer might be block because you‘re afraid it would bring back pain.”

Kob: “You don’t need to explain to these pig heads. Can’t you see they’re judging me on my past records. If I am able to pull a knife on someone else then might as well pull one on myself. Is that what you’re thinking…” She look fiercely at the police officer. “I’ve seclude myself because I don’t want to face this nonsense, yet again a set of authority has come in to bother me.” She stares off at the painting. The police ask some more question which she refused to answer.
Tun: “Let her rest and think it over, by tomorrow morning she might remember something.”

Kob: “Don’t overdoing yourself.” She stops him. After the police men left Tun came into the room again. “What do you still need? Doctor…?”

Tun: “Tun Pholdee.” His last name gave her a chill. It seemed she heard it somewhere.

Kob: “Well Doctor Tun. Weren’t you taught that an employer should get close to his employee. Therefore a doctor shouldn’t get attach to his patient. It seem your work hours are done why are you still here.”

Tun: “Good night. Sleep well. That is all I want to say.” He shuts turns the main lights off. Kob had a lamp next to her, which she used to read some of the newspaper she found in the cabinet.

Kob: “TJP. The author is trying to demote depression?”

In the morning after the nurse gave Kob a check up she pretended to fall asleep. She waited before the coast was clear before she nibble on the rope. She whines she was loosing time because of it. When she tug on the rope her pillows slid down. It revealed a small pocket knife. She took it and start sawing the rope. She left the pocket knife and heads into the bathroom to find if there was a robe or something she could wear to distinguish herself in the crowd.

The moment she entered the bathroom, someone pushed her inside. She was held tightly and her mouth was covered. She couldn’t see the person because he was in back of her.

Tik: “Shh…” He tells her. She mumbled louder when she heard the nurse call. “I’m not going to harm you, please be quiet.” The women didn’t listen. He scoots her back into the sink and turn on the water to keep it running and make it seem like the women was taking a shower.

Nurse: “Miss. You shouldn’t take a whole bath yet, at most you can do is wet a towel and wipe your arms and legs, don’t get your right side of the face wet nor your left wrist.” She calls through the door but Kob didn’t reply. She can hear something drop. Tik had back up into the sink and the soap tray fell onto the floor. “Is everything okay in there?” She started to become concern.

Tik: “I’m fine.” He makes a little squealing voice so he wouldn’t sound so manly.

Nurse: “If you need anything just hit the buzzer on the bed.” Kob steps on Tik’s feet making him stumble backward hitting the light switch off. She was about to yell for help but once the light was off she was stun at what she begun to see.

Surrounding her was water, it bubbles as she felt a heavy load pulling her down. She couldn’t breathe or say anything.

Tik: “I’m sorry for the inconvenience.” After nurse footsteps faded Tik proceeds for freedom.

A few minutes after Tik leaves Kob was able to pulled herself out of the bathroom. She lays on the bed and gasp heavily, she wanted to know what happen to her before hand but the only scene she remembers is when she was already thrown into the ocean and nothing but darkness surrounds her.

The granny’s daughter found Kob with the help of Tun. She given her a vanilla folder that her mother left Kob., since she couldn’t make it to the funeral. Inside the folder was a few request.

At the beach house, Tik encounters his parents infront of the house accompanied by Arisa and her mother. They were there to have Tik clean up and get the house ready for sale but found the Pholdee waiting at the porch so they gave them an offer. Arisa’s mother announced to him that his rental mouth was over and the house was being sold.

Tik: “I thought Kob settle it with you two?”

Arisa: “Kob? My missing step-sister?” She turns to Tik’s parent. “Since she was missing this house had been given to me, and since then I’ve rented the place. There’s nothing to worry about. I have the paper work” She wanted to assure them so the wouldn’t have any doubt in purchasing it.

Tik: “Coming here to buy this house is more important than coming here to check up on your own son.”

Mr. Pholdee: “You didn’t even give us a location of your whereabouts.”

Tik: “If I did would you had come?”

Mrs. Pholdee: “Alright you two. Stop it already, how long will it be until you two get along?” She goes up to Tik and slaps him. “How dare you tease your mother, making her worry all these years. I gave you a cellphone and you haven’t used it until now.

Tik: “You had a tracking device attach to it.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “You knew and yet you still used it a few weeks ago?”

Tik: “I didn’t use it…”

Mrs. Pholdee: “Then who did? Who am I to think for activating the tracking device and helping me find you?”

Tik rushed into the house and there was no sign of Kob, his room upstairs was a mess, the sliding window wasn’t close so leaves and dust had blown in. His papers were all over the room too. While Arisa’s mother was downstairs trying to convince the Pholdee to purchase the house, Arisa went upstairs to talk to Tik.

Arisa: “I really didn’t want to put this house on sale but my family wasn’t making any profit so I had to sell the place. I hope you understand where I am coming from.”

Tik: “You have a step-sister name Kob? How long had she disappear?” It was a few days after she disappeared that he met Kob.

Arisa: “I…” She begun to fake sob. “I been telling everyone she’s just missing…but her wreck boat already hints the worst to come.” She puts a hand on his shoulder. “Maybe you were just stress out and seen my step-sister ghost. I’ve already made merits, she won’t be hanging around here anymore.”

Tik’s head begun to ache, was the meeting just an imagination. It didn’t take long for the Pholdee to negotiate the price of the beach house with Arisa’s mother. Tik sulks downstairs and raise his head to look at the portrait of Kob and her parents.

***As the days progress, he found no person who witnesses Kob with him although they were present during the time he was with Kob***

After a week past, Tun gives Kob permission to leave. Everything was packed for her. Her ripped and bloody clothing, a knife she found, and a few medicine. One of the nurse who was in charge of her bought her an outfit, the khaki shorts were a perfect fit, but the shirt was oversize so Kob slumps it to the side to reveal her shoulder. She leaves without a goodbye to Tun.

Kob couldn’t understand why, but when she got to the beach area, the sounds of rushing waves made her quiver. She stands near the shore, inviting the water to rush onto her feet. “What really happen that day?” She wondered.

Upon waking up, Tik slid open the certain of his room and savored the morning mist for a few minutes before he realized a women walking half way into the ocean.

Tik: “Is she out of her mind?”

Kob had dropped her things on shore after hearing the squawk of seagulls above her. She goes into a phase where she finally see the details of the day she was attack. She remembers the kettle burning her face, being dragged, having her wrist cut, being wrapped in chains, and dropped into the ocean. All so clear yet the person who attack her was blur. When she gasp for air, she can feel inhaling water instead. As she exhale water bubbles before her as she tries to breath. With a interruption of heat colliding with the coldness she was feeling, she wakes up to reality. She lays on the grains of the beach and breath calmly as a stranger laid above her, he had just lifted his mouth from her after giving her CPR.

Tik: “It’s not my imagination this time is it?” He looks at her in disbelief. When he cups her face he can felt her cheek prickle, she raise her hand to clasp with his and he can see blood dripping from a wound on her wrist. He stares down at her and remember the outfit she worn when he first met her, but now the clothing he seen her wearing this time was torn and fill with bloodstain. A flashback of the news on tv he seen the night he met Kob for the first time also came back to hunt him, he could see the camera zoom into Kob’s lifeless body.

Tik quickly flick his eyes open. His hands could feel grains of sand beneath him and the cool morning breeze. “Hallucinating again.” He lay on the sand, silently and stares at the purple sky above as a gust of wind prickled his skin.

Kob: “Tik” Kob roughly gasps for air. Her voice was like a small whisper, tingling in Tik’s eardrum.

Tik: “Kob…Kob…” He turns and lays ontop of her. “It’s really you…” He cups her face. Kob gaze at him in confusion, she raised her hand and gently poked his face before swaying a hard slap across his face. “Ouch!”

Kob: “Does it hurt?”

Tik: “Of course.”

Kob: “Good. I’m not dreaming.” Tik pinches Kob. “Ow!” She rubs her cheek.

Tik: “I’m not hallucinating either. I saved your life.” Kob puts a finger on her lips. “Yes. That means our lips touch twice.”

Kob: “Twice?”

He thought she was going to approach him but when she inched nearer she sway aside. His heard begun to beat rapidly, when he remembered he transparent body in the streets before they separated. He turns around and hugs her from behind.

Kob: “Hey.” She shriek but was in no strength to pull him away. “Let go of me.” She yells.

Tik: “I’m not going to harm you, please be quiet.”

Kob: “You…Your that man who barge into my hospital room.”

Tik: “This is real.”

Kob: “Of course it’s real.” She elbowed him.

Tik: “I’ve checked. There was no sign of you…only my imagination.”

Kob: “I’m standing here am I? Why would you presume I am dead? Unless…” She comes to conclusion that Tik might be her attacker. “But what did he intend to gain by killing me.” She mumbles. Kob stumbles back. She continue to have flash of the ordeal but it each time a new detail is added in, she was sure there was two attackers.

Tik: “Kob…” He dashed to her side to hold her to her feet.

Kob: “Don’t touch me, stranger.”

Tik: “Stranger? I’m Tik…don’t you remember.”

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Chapter 9

Kob: “Remember what? I never met you before.” She becomes protective of herself. “Be off before I press charges on you for harassment.”

Tik: “Your angry with the fact that I’ve used you as my heroin in my story.”

Kob: “That’s your gain! In order to make your story real enough. If your heroin is killed off you have to kill the actual person too?”

Tik: “Your delusional.” He takes her hand drags her toward the rocky area where he threw flowers for his little sister during the anniversary of her death.

Kob: “Darn it.” She yanks her hand. She puts the bag of clothing under her armpit and gently rubbed her wrist. “You’re going to make my wound split open again.”

Tik: “I was so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that I didn’t take time to enjoy where we are.” There comes a child’s laughter from out of the distance.

At the hospital. Tun had just came by Kob’s room. He noticed Kob left her medicine bag on the bed. He reaches for it and the painting on the wall falls down. When he picks up the painting, some pigment was cracking off so he chipped off the remaining pieces. In the painting where two people were standing, the section where the little girl stood turn out to be a taller women standing next to the men. The essence of Tik’s little sister’s spirit is beginning to fade and letting Kob take over her life.

As the waves hiss behind Kob and a gust of wind blows through her, her heart was suddenly chilled, hearing an echo of herself expressing love to someone, a sentiment of sadness stirred up inside of her, knowing

Upon seeing a huge wave ready to gulp Kob, Tik swivel her aside and tightly clutched her into his embrace. The water above splash into the two, soaking them from head to toe. As the water sink back into the ocean, Tik pulled out from the hug to check on Kob. She was dazed for a moment before he tugs on her.

Kob: “Where are you taking me now?”

Tik: “Home…” He drags her until they reach a few feet infront of the house.

Kob: “This is my home.”

Tik: “My home.”

Kob: “Not yours, mine.” Tik walks backward so he can face her and talk to her as she pace toward the house.

Tik: “You got me all worried, you were just hiding from me weren’t you?”

Kob: “What is it that you don’t get? I don’t have a clue who you are.”

Tik: “You’re lying.” He stops infront of her, as she steps aside he does the same, purposely blocking her path. “I, apologize.”

Kob: “For what?” She sighed in frustration. “The more I look at you the more I hate you.”

As she took a step toward him she trips on a rock and falls into his arms. A similar situation flash before her eyes. Kob drops her concealed bag of clothing as her right side of her face begun to have a burning sensation. When Tik reached down to get the bag he recognized the blood stain clothing.

Tun: “Are you alright.” He rushed to Kob’s side and could see her soak, he patted her face dry with his sleeve before opening her ointment and applying it to her right face. “This should sooth the pain.” After the irritation stops, Kob goes into the house. Tun went to fetch the conceal clothing from Tik but he was observing it and wouldn’t let go. Tun explains his patient’s situation. It was unbelievable to him that the days Kob was in the hospital in coma, was also the days he spent with her at the beach.

When Kob entered the home, Mrs. Pholdee was standing inside the living room and staring at her family portrait. While Kob was busy studying who the women was, Tun had speedily came step into the house, bumping into Kob. She stumbles, so Tun had to hold her to her feet.

Mrs. Pholdee: “That’s the young lady in this portrait.” She exclaimed, pointing to the painting of Kob and her family then Kob herself. “How did Tik get this portrait of you?” She wondered. She see Tun’s hand on Kob’s waist and comes to her own conclusion. “Son, you had been keeping my daughter in law hidden from me.” She goes up to Kob and cups her face. “She’s so skinny, have you not been feeding her?”

Tun: “You got it all wrong.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “Let me make you some soup, don’t go anywhere.”

Kob: “Did a lot happen while I was in coma?”

Tik: “The transaction went smoothly, this is now Pholdee’s property.”

Before anyone could say more, Mrs. Pholdee came running out of the kitchen. The maid from their mansion had called her to let them know Mr. Pholdee was in bed after suffering from a heart burn. Worried, Mrs. Pholdee rushed the three of them to her home.

***In the city. Pholdee’s mansion. Kob, Tun, and Mrs. Pholdee enter Mr. Pholdee’s room. Kob is introduced to Mr. Pholdee as Tun’s girlfriend.***

Mr. Pholdee: “It was nothing, you didn’t need to drag them here.” He was in his pajamas and laying in bed. Tun went to his father’s side and checked his heart rate by pressing his index fingers against the corner of his wrist.

Mrs. Pholdee: “I don’t understand, I’ve been watching you eat your prescription pills, yet you’re still continued to suffer mild heartache.” She taps her chin. “I’ll make you some warm chicken porridge.”

The maid comes in with a tray that had a cup of water and Mr. Pholdee daily pill. Mr. Pholdee insist on eating it later but Tun forces him to eat infront of him. His father holds the pill in his fist, then put it into his mouth and proceed to swallow. Tun’s pager rings and he excuse himself.

Kob: “You didn’t really eat the pill.”

Mr. Pholdee: “How would you know?”

Kob: “When my father doesn’t want to eat a pill, he puts the pill into his palm and wrapped into a tight fist, the moment he pretends to open his mouth to eat, the pill is drop into his sleeve.” She remembers her childhood days.

Mr. Pholdee: “What’s your name?”

Kob: “Kob Suvanant Kongying.”

Mr. Pholdee: “What is your motive, dating a man who is both intelligent and rich. He’s always had a tender heart, unaware people’s intention.”

Kob: “I’m after his wealth.” Mr. Pholdee quickly sits up. “Should I say the inheritance he gather from you.”

Mr. Pholdee: “Exactly what I thought.”

Kob: “You’re on your death bed. You can’t do anything.” She bluntly left. The moment she turn the corner of the door, she back into the wall and peek inside. Mr. Pholdee looked fretful. He takes his pill out of sleeves.

Mr. Pholdee: “It won’t happen as long as I’m still around. I need to start taking my pills from now on.” He gulped the pill and slurp some water along with it. He rested with ease.

Kob: “Why did I lie to encourage him? Someone I hardly know.”

She walks down the hall way when she saw a dash at the corner at her eyes she grew curious. She begun to fill a chill when she entered a room with pink dotted wallpaper. A small bed with a seal toy box at the side. There was a drawing tape to the wall, near the window, which Kob was drawn to immediately. She studies the painting and saw a butterfly. There was an arrow pointing from the butterfly to a “x” mark, an area surrounded by a little circle of dandelion. The drawing flutter and the old dusty tape peels off, the drawing flew out of the window before Kob can reach it.

By the time Kob knew it she was in the kongying’s garden and had dig up a hole in the middle of the dandelions who’s petals were turned into pappus and ready to wither.

Tik: “What are you doing out here?” He had just had a thorough talk with Tun about his patient and learned that the time Kob was in coma was the time he met Kob, which only meant one thing, the story he wrote was a biography of them two. The scar below her shoulder caught his attention as she has her back turned to him.

Kob rubbed the top of a treasure chest to get the dirt off before she got off the ground and stood up. Upon snapping the lid open a gust of wind blew into her face and then the wind wildly swirls around the dandelions, plucking off the seeds from the flower core. The seeds scattered around and twirled as the wind impel them into a barrier surrounding Kob and Tik. Kob turns around and is in shock when she see Tik, behind her a blue moon butterfly is seen flying up along with the dandelion seeds as they impel higher and higher until it disappeared.

Tik: “Ob…in that story was you. That’s why you infatuated when I use you as my heroin?”

The dandelion seeds begun to settle as he put his thoughts aside. Tik could see Kob’s eyes rolled upward before she faints. He rushed to her to catch her before she hits the ground. Kob’s body arched back as Tik’s arms sway over her waist. Her knee has already touched the ground, feeling a large weight over him he slumps onto the soft ground and lets her lay in his arms. He looks over to a dug hole and a tip over chest. It brings him back to a memories of his decease sister who had accidentally squash a butterfly when she proceed to catch it. The scene after he had already told her to stay still and let the butterfly come to her, she didn’t listen. Mournful she puts the dead butterfly into a chest and buries it, she had always had the guilt inside of her. Now as the butterfly was released by Kob, it seemed everyone in the household had some weight lift off of them. The family couldn’t feel guilty no more, instead they felt blissful, a sense of security that their love one was cared for. ***The butterfly was the little girl’s guidance to heaven***

Kob: “What happen here?” Her voice was very frail.

Tik: “It’s not for you to understand.” Kob gets herself up and takes tiny steps forward. “Where do you think you’re going?”

Kob: “To meet some old acquaintance.”

Tik: “Arisa and her mother, I suppose.” He dusts off the remaining dirt from his pants and got up. “You shouldn’t waste time chasing after them, after all the Pholdee are the one who has the official documents.”

Kob: “You want me to remain my focus on you so they can get away with it huh.” She puts a finger and tap her chin. “I should be focus on retrieving my house before going after those two vultures.” Right when Kob was about to speak Tik cuts her off.

Tik: “Not for sale.” He leaves with Kob trailing behind him.

Kob: “What about my things? My painting, clothing, furniture.”

Tik: “In the agreement everything inside the house belongs to the Pholdee.”

Kob: “Those sick bastard have to purposely brought it even though knowing I was being scam. They’re in it together.” She taps her chin and thought quietly to herself. “I’ll just find another way.”

*** Later in the day Kob spent the day learning about Tik’s family and their past feud from Tun. Mrs. Pholdee insisted the kids to stay for a day. So while the maids were preparing the beds, the family was eating dinner***

Mr. Pholdee: “Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.” He thought to himself.

Mrs. Pholdee: “How did you two meet?” She indicated Kob and Tun.

Tun: “She’s a patient of mines. Unlike others, she’s alone.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “Poor child. No relatives?”

Kob: “None. They’re all decease.”

Tik: “There you are.” He looks over her shoulder. The maid had brought in his guest.

Arisa: “Hello.” She greets them in the most charming way.

Mrs. Pholdee: “You didn’t tell me you were inviting someone.”

Tik: “I wanted it to be a surprise.” He wipes his mouth with a napkin and goes to Arisa’s side. “Arisa, this is my mother.” He looks toward Tun. “Meet my brother Tun.”

Tun: “Nice to meet you.” He nods.

Tik: “Arisa, meet my soon to be sister in law.” Kob knew who it was by her voice so when she turn to face Arisa, she gave her a cunning smile. Arisa jolted back a little in surprised.

Kob: “You tremble as though you seen a ghost.”

Arisa: “Ko….ob…” Tik gets rid of the awkwardness by announcing Arisa as his girlfriend whom he recently knew but just started dating for a week.

Kob: “I’m sorry. Please excuse me.” She heads out. Tik stares at the shaken up Arisa who stood next to him and then gawks at Kob who was following a maid upstairs. The maid had shown Kob to her bedroom where she kept some time to herself.

After dinner, Arisa quickly excuse herself, wanting to tell her mother of the news, that Kob was still alive. When Arisa arrived home, her mother was in terror hiding in her room. The phone in the room had fallen onto the floor and a beeping sound can be heard. Arisa picks up the phone and shut it off. All Arisa’s mother can say was “She’s alive…”

***At the Pholdee’s mansion. In the guest room where Kob stayed***

After spooking her step-mother letting her know she still exist. She went near the window where she saw Tik telling a maid to cover up the hole that she had unconsciously dug. She can still feel the dirt under her fingernails. As she rubbed her thigh trying to get the feeling out of her fingers, she felt something rough in her pockets.

Inside Tik’s deceased sister room. Kob did not turn on the light, afraid someone might see her sneaking around. Kob had just finish taping the drawing back onto the wall when she saw a light shinning through the door. Someone was coming in, she looks lift and right and sees an open door, not knowing where it was leading to, she slid inside. She backs up and bumps into a table, a small rumble noise was heard, but Kob quickly held onto the table and kept it stable.

Maid: “Let me just find the key.”

Tik: “I’ll just use this as my entrance and exit for now. I will only be staying for a day.”

He began to pace toward the room Kob was in. She just remembered what Tun had told her earlier about Tik. Since his decease sister was sick during Tik’s childhood years, Tik had part of the wall between their room torn so a door could be built between. It was a quicker way for Tik go check on his sister frequently. The decease sister room was never locked because their parents would sometimes walk inside to dwell on the past.

Kob: “This is Tik’s room…” She shrieked quietly.

As Tik turn on the light switch the metal inside the bulb pops. The lights flash and blacks out. Kob finds herself standing behind Tik. She follows Tik so her footsteps match Tik in the darkness. Tik fumble for a new light bulb in the cabinet then grabs a chair and put it underneath the light bulb. He changes it forgetting that the switch was on, the bulb lights up and surprises him. Tik yanked his hand back knocking Kob down, she whimpers and stumbles onto the bed. She rubs her sore shoulder and quickly sits up, almost colliding with Tik who had leaned in toward her.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Chapter 10

Tik: “You sneak in just to meet me?” He inches closer and she gets up.

Kob: “No. I simply came to put a drawing away.” Kob hears Tun calls her. He stands in the hallway to knock the door but she didn’t come to open, he thinks she’s asleep so he leaves to his room. Tik blocks Kob’s way when she was about to go.

Tik: “You sneaked in here, that means you have something to hide?”

Kob: “I don’t have anything to hide, knowing that a person like you will judge me…” Kob shuffled her feet back when Tik pace at her, she bumps into a dead end wall. “That’s the only reason I hesitate to show myself.”

Tik: “You expect me to believe you?”

Kob: “I expect nothing from you.”

Tik: “What do you want from me then?”

Kob: “You have nothing to offer, therefore stop asking what I want from you. Like I said before Just agree that you’ll be there for me WHEN you can. I know I cannot ask for much because I am only a person who brings bad memories.” Those words slip out of her mouth without her notice. “Why did I just say such thing?” She mumbled. “I’m leaving.” She pouted.

Tik: “Do as you wish.” When Kob goes to the door she couldn’t open the knob.

Kob: “You purposely shut it.” She raised her hand toward the door but Tik holds onto.

Tik: “Don’t bang on it, the noise will be heard throughout the hallway.”

Kob: “That’s the reason why I want to bang it in the first place.” When she was going to hit the door she realized Tik wasn’t going to stop her. “This is your room. Open it.”

Tik: “Fumble with it, it’ll eventually open.” She twists the knob and few time and try pulling on it.

Kob: “Your door is broken.” Tik puts his hand over her and helps her twist the knob, she again pulled on it.

Tik: “It’s not my door, it’s you.” He had lay down on his bed. “Sleep on the sofa.” He closed his eyes.

Kob: “I…”

Tik: “There’s no use arguing. I know you’re tired too.”

Obediently, she went to the little sofa near the balcony window and took off the cloth that was covering it. She sneezed as the dust got into her nostril. Tik didn’t seem to care. She pats the mattress and pillows the best she could. The sofa was half her size, her legs were sticking out and she was in an uncomfortable position. She slid onto the ground and pulled the sheets over her head so she can get rid of the moon light rays that was shinning in her face.

***In the morning***

The aching of Kob’s back awakened her. Sleeping carpet floor was miserable. But the pillow did keep her comfortable enough. She snuggled against. Until she can fell the pillow rising and falling she realized her head was resting on someone’s chest. Under the white cloth, Tik and Kob can been seen shuffling inside, it was like a net trapping them When they finally get the cloth to unveil them they both were sweating.

Kob: “Why did you come sleep down here?”

Tik: “This is my room I can sleep where ever I want.” He gets up. “Call me if you need anything.” He goes into the bathroom leaving the door partially open.

Inside the bathroom Kob avoids looking at the used shower. After quietly cleaning her face. She got a towel and patted her face dry. She puts the towel on the sink counter. And flushed the toilet.

Tik: “Ow..ow…HOT…hot…” Kob giggled. “Why you…” He scream. Kob runs out of the bathroom when she saw Tik fumbling with the shower curtains. After the water cools down, he washes the shampoo out of his in haste. He grabs a robe and comes out of the bathroom.

Kob: “Ah…” In shock she covers her eyes. “Close that robe.”

Tik: “Isn’t this you wanted to see.”

Kob: “It wasn’t my intention to see you naked.”

Tik: “Take all the time you need to look at it. Uncover your eyes.” There comes a click from the door. It opens and the elder maid’s eyes were wide open.

Tik: “Shit…” Tik tied his robe tightly around his body. His face was bright pink from the embarrassment. Having bad reflex the elder maid finally gave a loud shriek and ran out.

Elder maid: “My virgin eyes…” She cries in the hallway. Mrs. Kongying came to see where the noises were coming from.

Kob: “You’re crowding my space.” He put his weight against her while she again twist and turns to the knob. He puts his hand over hers.

Tik: “Don’t pull. Push” He helps her turn the knob. Mrs. Pholdee stood infront of the door when it open. She appeared to be angry.

Mrs. Pholdee: “What do you think you’re doing?”

Tik: “I wasn’t doing anything.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “The maid told me everything.” She slid her slipper from her feet and held it tight. “It may be a long time since you came home, but it doesn’t give you the right to strip in the house and run around naked like when you were a child.” She turns to Kob. “Did you see anything honey?” She asked her nicely.

Kob: “No. I cover my eyes.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “Good…go get change in your room.” Kob walks away. Tik’s mother turns back to Tik and slaps the slipper on his arm.

Tik: “Mom…I didn’t deserve that.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “You flash at the maid.” She continues to beat Tik with the slipper. “She’s freak out because of you.”

Kob can hear Tik trying to defend himself while his “ow” and “ah” disrupt in between. Kob meets Tun in the hallway. From the corner of the hallway from Mr. Pholdee’s view, kept an eye on Kob.

***At the beach*** Tun takes Kob to visit the old granny. He finds out the old granny was one of the patients, he couldn’t save. Tun found it odd that Kob asked to stay with the granny’s daughter although the cremation ceremony was already done.”

Tun: “Wouldn’t you want to go home first.”

Kob: “Home? I use to have a home near the beach, peaceful and quiet. But I’m homeless, now that the Pholdee took hold of it.”

Tun: “The beach house.” He starts the feel like his breath was stuck in his throat, it was tough for him to breathe. He goes outside and calls his mother. After talking with his mother Kob had came home to console him.

Kob: “There’s no need to feel guilty. It’s not your fault that this happen.”

Tun: “Perhaps we can come to an agreement on the usage of the house.”

***At the hospital***

While Tun worked Kob wondered around. She meets a lost child and takes her to the pediatric floor. It’s where she meets the art gallery owner who was there on a volunteer job. He was trying to get his creative cap on. He see’s Kob and pulls her into the playroom. Kob can see the stuff in the room was all moved because a white sheet was covering the carpet floor to keep the painting from staining the floor. The four side of the wall was blank. The sign on the door stated it was the playroom.

Art Gallery Owner: “Help me get an idea out.”

Kob: “If an idea comes up. Who has copyrights over it?”

Art Gallery Owner: “Neh. Neh. Painting comes from the heart, you shouldn’t put a price on everything you make.”

Kob: “Your telling me that when you own a art gallery. That makes you a hypocrite.”

Art Gallery Owner: “Why did I even bother anyway?” He pouted his lips and put his hand on his hips.

Kob: “Yeah. You are a waste of my time.” She takes hold of the little girl hand, having the intention of leaving. But she stops when she saw that the little girl had already gotten paint on her hand, she dragged Kob to one side of the room and pressed her palm against the wall.

Little girl: “My prints on the wall will show that I was here, since I’m leaving tomorrow.” Kob suddenly gets an idea.

It was near the lunch hour when Tun took his break. He found the kids playroom crowded with noise The art gallery manager had the pediatric doctor’s permit to line the kids up inside the room and have them print their palm to the wall (which was painted in blue filled with white clouds). Each clouds were big enough to fill a child’s two palm print and a space to sign their name in.

“Getting the kids involved was a good idea. It’ll make the room lively and for them to know that they’re not alone in this world.” One of the nurse was talking to the art gallery manager. He turns to give credit to Kob but she had already gone.

Tun was memorizing the creativity until he heard Kob’s voice from behind him. He saw that there were droplets of paint on her clothing.

Art Gallery Owner: “Oh there you are…I will be in the shop until seven tonight, come pick your check.”

Kob: “Which one was sold?”

Art Gallery Owner: “The newer one that was brought in by that hottie…‘boy’ friend of yours.”

Kob: “You’re joking.” The art gallery owner gave out a shrill.

Art Gallery Owner: “This is the man who brought the painting. I remember his sexy brush brows.” He begun to hit on Tun. “Purr... I didn’t know you were a doctor too…”

Kob: “Which one did you buy? ‘Ravens of hell’ ‘Clouds of darkness’ ‘Evening of the dead’ hmm…who would have though you like gloomy paintings?”

Tun: and Art Gallery Owner: “The one bought wasn’t gloomy!” They both exclaim.

Art Gallery Owner: “We finish each others line, we must be soul mates.”

Kob: “Enough flirting.”

Tun: “I put that painting in your room. But I took it down already since there was a defect on it.”

Art Gallery Owner: “As stated on the receipt, no refund.” He swirls and goes back into the room to put in final touches. “It appears part of the pigment was peeling off, I was worried the paint might have lead, which can lead to poisoning the atmosphere.

Kob: “I live with those paintings for years now. I never cause any harm to me. Beside I stir the paint well before using it.”

Tun: “It’s in my room, you can take it home.”

Kob: “Are you making a mockery of me?”

Tun: “I didn’t mean to make it sound like I didn’t want the painting…”

Kob: “You brought my painting, put it my hospital bed, and want me to take it home. The painting doesn’t deserved a place in your heart nor do I?” She tempts him. She rushed down the hallway. Tun follows.

When Kob got to the elevator she pressed the button rapidly. The elevator door opens, she could hear Tun calls her when she enters. She waits for a few seconds and a hand quickly holds to sliding door to prevent it from closing. Kob smiles and then keeps on a serious face. The person who appears infront of her was one whom she didn’t expect.

Kob: “Tik…” she utters then rolls her eyes in annoyance. “Does he already know my motive?” A girl voice is heard calling him but he ignores it by quickly taking a step into the elevator. Kob reach for the buttons but Tik gets hold of her wrist. “Hey…”

Tik: “You’re asking my mother for the place?”

Kob: “I didn’t ask no one. It’s what Tun wanted.” She twisted around and uses her other hand to press the button behind her.

Tik: “With you there I can’t get my work done?” He yanked her forward. “You’re making it harder for me as it is.”

Kob: “What work do you have? Surely you can do it somewhere else.”

Tik: “The house is where I have to do it.”

Kob: “Special play eh…” She mocks while taking a finger and poking Tik’s chest. “Special because it is stolen from me. Isn’t it right?”

Tik: “Who?”

Kob: “You and those two witches! Don’t pretend to not know.” She snaps. “You bunch of vultures. Flying around in the sky savaging for any food you can find. Picking on those who are impotent and feeble.”

Tik: “You’re calling my mother a witch.” He’s trying to see if he’s on the right track.

Kob: “Arisa and her mother!” As soon as she shouted the elevator stops and the lights inside flicked. The dim emergency light comes on.

Tik: “There’s bad aura around you.”

Kob: “Oh really? I was wondering how long you would notice.” She jerks her hand away and walks up to the button where she began to banged on them. “Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Open up.”

Tik: “When are you going to purpose to Tun? Let me see…na’ek will making pra’ek fall in love with her and break his heart, just so she can get her house back. When pra’ek finds out…oooo.” Kob turns to face him.

Kob: “Finish your sentence.”

Tik: “Becareful…if pra’ek learns your motive, you’ll get rape.”

Kob: “No I’m not. Simply because you story will not be true.”

Tik: “Let’s turn the table…let a pra’rai (bad guy) come into the picture.” He gently caresses her face, she shoves his hand aside. “Marry me. I’ll give you everything you’ll ever need.”

Kob: “Ridiculous.”

Tik: “Play along.”

Kob: “You’re cheating on na’rai (bad girl)” She means Arisa. “Yesterday you’re with her and today you’re with her step sister. My…that’ll make her flare with anger.”

Tik: “Trust me. She won’t be angry…because…” He looks around. “We’re in a elevator and it’s only you…and…”

Kob: “Me…” She took a hard gulp.

Tik: “Where’s your prince charming now Cinderella?”

Kob: “I don’t need a prince charming to protect me.” She looks up at the ceiling. “The elevator stopped right when it pass this floor, if I can get up on the roof we can find a way out.” She raised her hand upward, her fingers far from the ceiling. She wasn’t tall enough to reach it.

Tik: “We don’t have anywhere to go other than wait here for help.”

Kob: “Hopelessly wait? I won’t waste my time here.”

Tik: “Okay.”

Kob: “What are you doing?” She asked him as he left her up onto his shoulders.

Tik: “You wanted to be the hero. Go ahead and do what you gotta do.” Kob reached for the ceiling to get the hatch open but the elevator tips, Kob wriggled above Tik as she becomes unbalanced. She falls onto the floor and pulls Tik along. The lights begin to flick continuously.

Kob: “You idiot.” She checks out her hand. “Good thing, I didn’t hurt my wrist.” She brushes the dirt off her hands.

Tik: “Ahh…” He gives out a little moan. He lays on the floor in a crouch position, his hand pressed against his rib cage. “The pain is coming back.”

Kob: “Great. Not enough that we’re stuck. I have a sick person to take care of.”

Tik: “Kob…” He crawls toward her.

Kob: “Eh. Stay away.” She scoots into the wall. “I will beat you.” She raised her fist. “Stop…” He gets hold of her feet and made his way up to her where he suddenly faints. His head was now resting on her lap. “Wake up…” she tries wriggling her legs to get him off but his weight was too much.

He looked like he hadn’t a good sleep in days. The lights turns on again and Kob can hear the engine rumbling, the elevator begun to move again, a nature song comes from the speaker. Waves can be heard rushing back and forth, seagulls twittering around. Kob gently slide her finger through his silky short hair gently until something sparked in her that made her suddenly clutched her fingers together, pulling his hair.

Tik: “Ow…” He immediately gets up. “What was that for?”

Kob: “So you won’t blame me for waking up to a crowd of strangers.” Tik can feel the elevator working.

Tik: “You’re worried I might get stampede.”

Kob: “More like you were making my legs sore so I wanted you off” She patted her feet to get the sleepiness out of it.

Tik: “Hey…” When Kob turn to look at him he cups her face and pulled her forward. His nose tips her. And rubs it against hers. She looks into his eyes before he dives in. Tik tips his head aside and rubbed a little paint stain off her cheek. “I can feel the roughness on the right side of your cheek.” Kob swayed his hand aside. She gets up and leaves as the door to the elevator opens. “We just Eskimo kiss.” He calls out with a sly smile.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Chapter 11

***On the beach toward the house*** Tik followed behind bugging Kob.

Tik: “Living inside the house, you’ll have to accept my rules.” He began to give her restriction and limitations. After knowing Kob will be living in the house and he will be force to live with Tun at his little condo.

Kob: “I’ll disregard what you just said.”

Tik: “Then…you won’t be able to live in the house.”

Kob: “I don’t need you to tell me what I can do and can’t. Beside, your parents have not even made the decision yet, whom they want to give the house to…the contract it still within their name, not their children.” She took a step forward to meet up with his face. “You live your way and I live my way. Understand?” She rolled her eyes and left. Before going into the house she saw a vanilla folder in the mailbox. It was from the decease granny.

In the letter there was two request made by the granny. The granny had wanted her to make merits by praying at a mountain temple nearby the beach. The next request, there was a paid for ticket for a cruise trip which she had to take to replenish herself. Since she couldn’t attend the granny’s funeral she decided to accomplish the grannies wishes. Out of no where, she hears Arisa’s scream. She rushed upstairs and saw Arisa soaked in black paint. Tik followed not far and goes to Arisa’s aid.

Tik: “This is just a storage room.” He looks inside. There wasn’t a bed, nothing other than Kob’s paints, brushes and blank paper boards, her own little studio.

Kob didn’t understand how the painting of her and her family was hanged in the living room when this was the first time the door was open. Kob had trapped the door, so if anyone other than her enter they would get inked. Arisa cries in discomfort. Tik lead her into his room and Kob stops him.

Kob: “Go dip her in the ocean.”

Tik: “Why can’t she use the shower here?”

Kob: “Because this is my house.”

Tik: “Used to be your house.” He corrects her.

Kob: “You…” She bite her lips. Tik ignore her and takes Arisa to the shower. “How could you taint this house?” A sharp pain could be felt inside her heart as she heard Arisa yapping and asking Tik to scrub here and there. Kob leaves the residence along with the envelope.

***Tun arrives at the house but doesn’t find Kob***

Tik: “She has her own feet, I can’t control where she goes.” They both stood near the window balcony in Tik’s room.

Tun: “You could at least ask her where she headed off to?”

Tik: “She’s just down at the beach painting somewhere.”

Tun: “Painting this late?”

Tik: “She will come back. She always do. Always come back to hurt Arisa, that’s what she loves doing, hurting her step sister and mother. Leaving this crappy place and all her debts from them to pay off.”

Tun: “She was in coma!”

Tik: “That doesn’t make an excuse for her. Did you know she has a criminal record, having someone like her here creates a bad presence. She might hurt Arisa again.” Arisa comes to Tik’s side and holds on to Tik’s arm.

Tun: “You’re judging her on her past.”

Arisa: “She’s capable of doing again.”

Tik: “You should take the words of someone who knows best.”

Tun: “You’re unsympathetic.”

***The mountain temple*** She was greeted by an elder monk. Who gave her incense to burn.

Monk: “The flame in you need to extinguish.”

Kob: “…” She puts her hand together and prayed quietly.

Monk: “Hmm…flame of betrayal and jealousy. What can you do when you just think about it? Those who are bad will be treated bad, those who are good will awarded.”

Kob: “They’re bad yet they get all the riches they would ever want, they get away with murder.”

Monk: “Retaliating back only makes you as bad as they are.”

Kob: “I can’t find any peace with you here. You’re not suppose to get into people’s business.”

Monk: “Consoling yourself with those dark images of raven and hell. Did they made you any happier?” He refers to her painting, Kob found it odd he mention it because they never knew each other before.

Kob: “Yes.”

Monk: “The truth is pure but never simple, that is why it is easy to lie. While you’re here, release those bad thoughts. Refresh your mind, set free the anger and sadness in the past, don’t cramp your memory space with nonsense.” He hears the bell ringing. He gives her one last advice “For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.” He goes to greet another guest.

At another part of the temple. It was late in the evening when Tik arrived. He questions that needed to be answer, but this time it wasn’t research for his story. He finds out the time he spent with Kob was indeed a spiritual experience.

Monk: “The last time you came there was two strong presence. Now there’s none.”

Tik: “Two?”

Monk: “One the moment you finally let go…she was able to leave. The other you wrote her out of your life, she disappear.”

Tik: “My little sister…and…Kob…” He shakes his head. “But there was a granny who saw her, though she did past away.’

Monk: “It is a close to death experience that’s why she was able to see Kob. It’s a sign that she was fading away in this world.” He began to chant. “The reality of the other person, lies not in what she reveals to you, but what she cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand her, listen not to what she says, but rather to what she does not say.” He looks into the sky and warn Tik it was getting late.

After Kob made her prayer, she starts heading down the stairs. It’s where she met an older lady wearing away leaves that were messing the staircase.

Elder Nun: “Oh. When were you here?”

Kob: “Since the afternoon.”

Elder Nun: “Let me give you some incense so you can make merits.”

Kob: “I’ve already did.”

Elder Nun: “Who gave it to you?”

Kob: “One of the monks.”

Elder Nun: “This place was once packed with monks and nuns. But since it’s been disintegrating, most of them been moved to a newer temple. Only one of the elder monks stayed but he had left long ago. Kob took a hard gulp before she starts to pace down the stairs. “Watch steps dear. Some of the stair case are cracked.” She watched Kob rushed down the stairs until she speed off the corner of the staircase and disappeared. “By saying he left, I meant he moved to the new temple too. But he’ll come here often. I wonder if she took it the other way around.”

Half way down the stairs one of Kob’s sandal slides off. She was going to go back until she heard a male voice. “Who’s shoe is this?” Fearful she had seen a ghost, she continued down, but slips. She hears footsteps come closer, so she closes her eyes and held her breath, hoping it wouldn’t notice her.

Tik: “Hey how so clumsy can you be, are you going to lose this pair of shoe too?” He recognizes her clothing. He sits on the step before her. A tap came on her shoulder. She shrill, her imagination soar, the tap on the shoulder felt like a prick from someone’s long nail that haven’t been chip in years.

Kob: “Get over your fear.” She told herself. “Go away!” She shouted and proceeded to swing arm around. Tik catches her fist, which lets her know that she had hit something solid not transparent. She opens her eyes and is not happy to see Tik. “Release my fist…!” She tugged back but instead gets tugged forward. He release her fist quickly and cups her face. He leans forward and kisses her. She gasps as she pulled away. “You insensible man. This is a sacred place.” She slaps him across the chest. He puts his hand on her shoulder and turns her over. The edges of the steps nudged her back, making her uncomfortable. He cups her face again and pressed his lips against hers. He only lift his lips a couple times when turning from side to side, kissing her harshly and repeatedly until she stops struggling. Her hand was clawed onto his shirt. He lift his lips and places a gentle kiss upon her forehead before trailing back down to place a kiss on her tender lips which was now swelled, he pulls back to stare into her dazzling eyes. She gazed into his eyes for awhile before reacting again. “Crazy!” She slaps him, leaving a pink handprint on his cheek. He takes hold of her envelope as hostage. “Give it back.” She jerks herself upward as Tik waved the envelope above his head. As Kob reached for the envelope she stumbles into Tik’s chest. “Don’t touch me.” She pulls away.

Tik: “You’re the one who rushed into my arms.” He stares at her for a few seconds. “Don’t you feel anything within those kisses?”

Kob: “You mean your tongue?” She makes a disgusted face.

Tik: “I’ll tell you a story. To get hold of na’ek house, pra’rai and na’rai cooperate to kill na’ek, we failed miserly.”

Kob: “You guys were the one who attack me?”

Tik: “Yeah. And you can’t do anything about it because you have no proof or memories of the accident, it’s only according to Doctor Tun’s belief.”

Kob: “That’s the reason I said the more I look at you the more I hate you.”

Tik: “I’m sorry you feel that way.” He sits comfortable next to her. “While sending Arisa home, I saw their residence. Very big house, I had a tour around. One area that I like most is the garage.” Kob didn’t want to hear anymore, she got up to leave. “Your sandal is still here Cinderella.” She continued down without stopping.

Down the stairs she is met up by Tun who was let known of Kob’s location by the granny’s daughter. Kob goes to him and hugs him.

Kob: “If I endure this feeling any longer, I might kill your brother.” She says to relief her anger. “Take me home.” Tun glance at his brother who had slow down his pace on the stairs. He turns Kob around and leads her toward his car.

***When Tik arrived at the house Tun was outside waiting for him***

Tun: “You were wrong. She won’t be coming back here.” He leaves without telling Tik where Kob had stayed. But he knew.

***The next day. Outside the granny’s***

Kob sat outside carving on a wood stick she found laying in the front lawn. She read the carving on the pocket knife again “TJP” it seem like the initials would spark something. She discards the wood and approaches the fence where she noticed her shoe was pair again. “Yesterday when Tun left to his condo he must have given Tik a visit and brought back my shoe this morning before he left for work.” She thought as she walks toward the beach area where she takes out a pencil and piece of paper to sketch.

At a far distance some laughter’s distracts her. Tik and Arisa were goofing in the sand. Tik chase Arisa who bumps into Kob.

Kob: “Watch were you’re going. Don’t you have eyes?” She brushed the sand off her palms. Tik crashes into Arisa, which makes them fall right beside Kob. “Arisa whom laid ontop of Tik begin to kiss him on the jaw line. Tik returns it by gnawing on her ear. Kob prepared to get up but falls down. Arisa was too busy showing Tik her affection toward that she did not notice Tik had clutched Kob’s hand, preventing her from going anywhere “Despicable.” She yanks her hand away. “Do your porn movie somewhere else.” She stands up. “Dogs…” Tik quickly pulls Arisa off stands up to confront Kob.

Tik: “That is an offensive remark?”

Kob: “How is it offensive when it’s true? You two are like animals, they’re not afraid where they do it when their sex hormone soars.” Arisa goes up to Kob and whisper into her ear.

Arisa: “At least an animal can get laid, unlike you.” Kob raised her hand but Tik blocks her from striking. Arisa runs and hides behind Tik.

Tik: “Don’t you dare.” Kob glares at him. Somewhat his actions were very hurtful. Arisa smiled in ridicule. Kob uses the other hand to slap her. Arisa screams. “You can’t hurt her anymore.”

Kob: “I’ve already had a criminal record, I’m not afraid to have another one.” She struggles with him. He twists one of her arm as he turns her around. “Ouch!” She roared in pain.

Tik: “What should I do Arisa? Should I break her arm for you?” He laughs.

Arisa: “If her arm breaks she can’t paint anymore.” She claps in thrill.

Tik: “You love seeing her in pain don’t you.”

Arisa: “Yes…yes…”

Tik: “Excitement is just running through your veins just like always when Kob’s hurt, right?”

Arisa: “Yes…” her happiness grows deeper and Tik can see the evil in her. “Break it! Crack that bone, let the blood flow.”

Tik: “Ow!” He groans loudly before backing up and falling into Arisa. His weight crush Arisa as he falls onto the ground.

Arisa: “What just happen?”

Tik: “She nudge my ribs, it’s just begun to heal.” He lies. He had let Kob go and pretend she elbowed him.

Kob immediately closes her eyes when feeling a burning sensation in them. She can hear Tun calling. He comes to her aid. She holds on tight to him as he carefully open her eyes and blew in it, to get the sand out. Tun blew a few times before Kob purposely leans forward, causing him to kiss her eyelid. She rubs her eyes and smiles at him.

Kob: “Thank you. It’s a lot better now.” She opens his palms and put hers against his. “I’ve thought about it all night. I made my decision…” Her next sentence surprise Arisa and shot an arrow through Tik. “I accept your proposal.”

Tun: “Really!?” He was filled with delight. So relief that he carries Kob back to the granny’s house. On their way to the fence area, Mrs. Pholdee stood outside with her arm cross.

Mrs. Pholdee: “The beach house is in a mess. I thought you would took better care of it.”

Kob: “You mean to tell me the black paint is still there? Tik and Arisa didn’t even clean it up? She was also in shock.

Tun: “Mom. Kob didn’t stay in the beach house.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “What? Was it Tik who wouldn’t give it to you?” She snaps. As Tik see his mother marching down toward him he turns to leave but stops when his mom calls his name. “Tik Jessadaporn Pholdee!”

Kob and Tun who was near the granny’s house could see Tik being poked in the head by each word Mrs. Kongying told him. Tik puts his hand together as an apology, but his mother didn’t care. Tun puts Kob down and caress her hand when he sees a pinkish mark around her wrist.

Tun: “Now that you agree with the proposal. Even anything happen you should tell me and I, will do the same.”

Kob: “Would you believe?”

Tun: “I’m committed.” Kob tells him what happen on the beach. “Poor thing…” He kisses her forehead and pulls her in for a hug. Kob did not mention though that she thinks Tik intentionally let her go when he heard Arisa’s gruesome details. And that it wasn’t sand in her eyes that created a hot sensation in her eyes, but hidden tears. She dug her face into Tun’s chest when Tik and Arisa looked over at them. She didn’t want no one to know the tormenting emotional she felt each time she was near him because it was unexplainable.

Kob: “I feel safe in your arms.” Tik stares from afar and all though her mother was yelling at him he couldn’t hear her. He was focus on Kob, his jaw begin to tighten in bitterness, he was jealous. “Thanks for brining my sandal back, I won’t be walking one side bare foot. Haha.” Tun shakes his head a bit.

Tun: “What sandal?” She looks at Tun then at Tik, both their eyes meet even at a far distance.

Mrs. Pholdee wouldn’t allow Kob to stay with the granny daughter after learning she’ll be moving her husband and child into the house. She didn’t want her daughter in law to rely on other’s charity. Even though Kob suggest she can use the money she got for painting to get a little apartment nearby.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Chapter 12

***At Tun’s condo***

Kob: “You really want to go through with it?” She throws herself on the bed. “From the looks of it, seeing your mother talk on the phone with your father, he doesn’t like me.” Mrs. Pholdee put on the speaker when she was talking to her husband so Kob heard everything.

Tun: “He’ll learn.”

Kob: “If he could learn to like me then he could learn to love who you are.”

Tun: “Don’t pressure me.” Kob gets up and helps him take off his tie. “With his sudden illness, I don’t want to make him weaker.”

Kob: “He was never weaker. He didn’t take his pill so he didn’t get better.” She laughs. “I’m just afraid he might take too much pill worrying that I’m with you…a person who admit to him she’s a gold digger.” She goes to his coffee table and uncovered the bowl of candies.

Tun: “I knew it! I had a feeling he didn’t eat his pills, but I just couldn’t find how he got away with it.” Kob shows him using a skittle candy.

The few days that had pass, Kob had been going forth and back with Tun to work. While he worked Kob tour around the little town and paint near the café where she wait for Tun at lunch. After lunch, Tun goes to his second shift and Kob goes into the artwork shop to put her work on display as well as working as the accountant for the artwork manager. Mr. Pholdee spy kept an eye on them tightly and they knew it.

***Day of the royal cruise trip***

Kob: “We’re leaving now…” She puts a few of her clothing into a bag.

Tun: “I should had brought you clothing so you can have a baggage to carry instead of that little bag.” He sat down a suitcase next to the couch.

Kob: “Smile a little will you.” She had asked for Tun for vacation, which he didn’t want to take. “Who will take over your position for the time being?”

Tun: “Doctor Pichat…” he says with a sigh.

Kob: “Stop being regretful.” He pulls on him. “I promise it will be worth your while.”

***On the dock***

Kob: “You can’t be that clumsy.”

Tun: “I swear it was here a few minutes ago.” Kob began to pat his chest and pockets.

Kob: “Here it is.” Kob reached inside pocket of his Hawaii shirt and pulls out his ticket. Right when the captain gave Kob and Tun an okay, they hear Mrs. Pholdee’s voice. Kob quickly put her hand on Tun’s arm. “You look happy today.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “Of course… I finally got your father to come.” She pulled on Mr. Pholdee who was reluctant to move.

Kob: “Getting out to smell the fresh air is good for you system.”

Tun: “That is true father.”

Mr. Pholdee: “Mmm…smells good…I’m glad I’m here. Let’s go honey.” He could spy on them, perhaps warn Tun about Kob’s intention.

Mrs. Pholdee: “Wow. All of a sudden you’re energetic. Keep that attitude and something might happen to night.” She winks.

Kob and Tun chuckled knowing what he meant. They hurried up the steps while Kob and Tun slowly followed behind. Kob grabs Tun’s shirt.

Kob: “What are they doing here? Did you tell them about the trip?”

Tun: “Why would I tell them when I intend to get my own room?”

Kob: “There’s going to be problems then.”

Tun: “What was that?”

Kob: “Uh. Nothing. We just have to leave my room empty.”

That day, Tun and Kob had lunched with the Pholdees. It was a joyful day, Kob spends quality time with Mrs. Pholdee. She talks about her independence after her parents passed away. Being a freelance painter. The mysterious incident and how she and Tun met.

Mrs. Pholdee: “Poor thing.” She pats Kob’s head. “To know you lead such a tragic life just sadden my heart.” She cups her face. “You’re beautiful in my eyes, no matter what because the beauty lies here” She puts a hand on her left chest where her heart was.

The first line that the monk said “For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it.”

Kob: “You should know, meeting your son and your family….” She whispered on the next batch of words “excluding Tik.” Then went louder to finish the sentence “Had brighten my life. Not by your richness but your kindness to accept a person such of bad omen.”

A voice behind her makes her tense. “Such bad omen indeed.” Tik intrudes as he turn himself around from the table behind them. He greets his mother. Soon enough those who he was waiting for came for him, Arisa and her mother. He had invited them on the trip and paid for both their tickets.

Tik: “What a coincidence…mom…this is Kob’s step sister and step mother.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “Oh. I see. You three will be joining us in the evening party will you? The more the merrier.” Kob held her breath when Mrs. Pholdee invited them. “Kob and I was going to get a view of the mountains and hill so we’re leaving now.” Kob helps the elder lady. They excuse themselves and walked down the hallway. It was an awkward silence but she elder lady breaks it. “Ha…” she giggles. “It seem Tik purposely wanted you and your steps to reunite. The tenseness in Arisa’s mother body was bizarre, she didn’t look at you once.” She pats Kob’s hand. “It’s a vacation. Don’t think about them.” She can tell Kob was uncomfortable.

***Preparing for Evening party***

Tun: “You’re not going to wear this thing to the evening dinner party. It’s black. Dark…we’re not going to a funeral.” He was observing her dress that was on the bed.

Kob: “It’s my choice.” She twist her hair into a bun and stuck a yellow champa into her hair.

Tun: “You’re not going to wear this. I forbid.”

Kob: “The dress will be on me not you…so…” They both grab the dress.

Tun: “No…”

Kob: “Yes…” They argued back and forth until the dress rips in half.

Tun: “See the dress was bad, the fabric was so weak.” He goes into his suitcase. “I have the perfect thing…”

Kob: “I’m not going to where man clothing.” It wasn’t what she thought. It was a pink greekish dress, with crystal white straps.

Tun: “Try on.” Kob goes into the bathroom to put it on then comes out. Tun jumps in joy. “Beautiful. Just perfect.” He put his hand on his hips but Kob quickly removed them.

Kob: “You’re showing it.” Tun deeper his voice and straighten his back.

Tun: “You’ll be the most genuine women in the room…”

Kob: “That’s excluding your mother…I second her.”

Tun: “You’re growing to love her. I worried.” He takes out a secure box from his suit case and knee before her. He takes out a sexy pink strap sandal.

Kob: “Why are you pulling these stuff all of sudden?”

Tun: “I don’t know. Maybe because you are the sibling I never had (girl) and I can tell things I can’t tell my parents.” Kob can see his sincerity, he slide the shoe onto her feet.

On the way down to the main hall the two stop at the Pholdee’s dorm. They can hear Mrs. Kongying whining, she soon comes out.

Mrs. Pholdee: “Wonderful. Tun…you and your father go first, we ladies will comes after.” She pushed Mr. Pholdee out and pulled in Kob. The women was irritated because which dress or make up color she asked would fit her, her husband will just shrug, so Kob helped her find an outfit and put her make up on for her. Almost like mother and daughter, the warm feeling of a family makes Kob content.

***At the evening dinner party*** Kob made an entrance that stun Arisa and her mother.

Arisa: “We tried to kill her and she comes back richer than ever.” She whispered angrily to her mother.

Arisa mother: “Why didn’t you go for him instead of Tik?” This was the first time Arisa didn’t think money. Tik made her forget her motive.

Arisa: “I stay with Tik.”

Arisa mother: “Tun is a doctor he makes more than Tik, even without the inheritance he get from his parents, he’ll be ten times richer than him.”

Arisa: “Fine. Fine.” She just agreed to get her mother off her back.

***At dinning table. A round table set for six, since Tik didn’t come. Kob, Tun, Mr. And Mrs. Pholdee, Arsia and her mother***

Kob: “Mister and miss Pholdee.” She grasped their attention and finally acknowledged them to be her step mother and step sister. Only related through the father’s marriage, so after he passed there was no connections between them. She turns over to Arisa’s mom who choked on her saliva. Her daughter gives her a cup of water.

Arisa: “Let’s play truth.” She turns the attention to Kob. “You could had stay with us but you left to get your independence because you hate us. Right.”

Kob: “True. I hate you two.” All the people sitting at the table stares at Kob who sat across Arisa. “Hate you two because my father and I was never given a chance to be part of your family. It wasn’t family that you two wanted but valuable resources (money).” Arisa and her mother tense.

Arisa mother: “You have a criminal record don’t you?”

Kob: “True.” She did not flinch a bit. “My turn…” She looks directly at her step mother. “The criminal record became official with you as the witness right?” She had a relaxed tone.

Arisa mother: “Know your manner child.”

Kob: “This is a game nah. In a game there’s winner and loser. Beside Arisa suggested it.” She grabs her cup, swirled the wine and took a sip. “Mother and daughter didn’t attend father’s funeral, rather than spent their day shopping…true or not?”

Arisa: “You’re disrespectful.” Kob looks over to her.

Kob: “I’ve been saying true to both your question, why don’t you answer me. If answer true it’s easy but you’ll have to loose face, if answer false you’ll have to defend your self, is that why you won’t answer my questions? The beach house that was sold to the Pholdee, the one you claim was a inheritance given by father to his first daughter, true or not?”

Arisa mother: “We’re family our property belongs to each other.” Kob wanted to laugh.

Kob: “Yes. We’re family but family is able to accuse one another?”

Arisa: “Kob!” She raised her voice. “You expect mother to protect you when you wrong?”

Kob: “I didn’t expect her to protect me, but you did.” Arisa couldn’t take it so she took her cup and fling the wine out toward her rival. Kob could see an immediate towel infront of her face. The violet wine soaked the towel. She looks up and saw Tik who was dripping as though he just gotten out of the indoor pool. Kob was relief the wine didn’t stain her.

He went to Arisa side and scoots her out of the chair. He whispered into her ear. “She only want to anger you.” Arisa was making a scene “You treacherous witch.” Arisa continue to louder her voice, she wouldn’t leave with Tik. “You give in to her, you loose. Look around,” he tells her. When she stops her takes her outside so she can calm down.

Mr. Pholdee: “Kob…” He was curious. “What kind of criminal record did you get?”

Tun: “Attempted murder...” Mrs. Pholdee was in shock, she almost knock her drink over.

Kob: “On…Arisa…” she finish Tun’s sentence.

Mrs. Pholdee: “My Kob?”

Mr. Pholdee: “I told you she was bad news.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “On your own step sister?” It was still unbelievable to her.

Step mother: “Yes. Oh her own sister and she is here accusing us.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “If the accusation wasn’t true why didn’t you defend yourself, you have nothing to hide don’t you? Arisa’s mother pretend to have a stomach ache and leaves the table. “Well…she took her purse along with her, usually that means she won’t be coming back.” She gave out a little chuckle. Everyone looked at her, wondering how she could laugh at such situation. She slaps her husband arm. “Honey…in such a small incident, Arisa acted out, Kob was calm throughout the situation. Who would most likely commit a crime? Good thing Arisa didn’t her hand on anything else. Kob placed her hand on the side of her right face.

Tun: “Is it burning again?”

Kob: “No.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “Have it look into. No one hurt my Kob and gets away with it. I want to find those responsible, such a pity that you don’t remember who attacked you.” She shakes her head and caress Kob’s cheek again. “Husband. When we get back home. We need to check the ownership paper carefully.”

Mr. Pholdee: “Even if it’s done. Where is Kob’s ownership paper then?” His sentence gets overthrown when the food they order finally came in.

***On the floor of the evening party. Kob danced with Tun. Tik who came in later was at the drink stand all dress up, drinking fine expensive wine, Arisa wasn’t in sight nor her mother.***

Kob: “Let’s just stay her for half of the time.”

Tun: “There is nothing to do back in the room.” He pulls her arm upward and she twirled. Her back against his now as they rock right and left to the soft violinist song.

Kob: “We’ll go look at the full moon.”

Tun: “I see it every night, Pen-Chan.”

Kob: “Don’t say that name, it makes me feel like your pet.”

Tun: “Close up to me.” He tells her when he noticed his parent’s stares.

Kob: “Let’s go after this song…” The two smiled back at the Pholdee’s and wave at them.

Mrs. Pholdee: “Look how lovely they are. You never want to do anything as romantic as that.” She pouted.

Mr. Pholdee: “The next song.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “Wonderful.” She leaned her husband shoulder. “Ah…reminds me when we were young…” They continue to stare at the two.

When the next song comes up, the Pholdees went onto the floor. Kob looks around and when hearing the announcer telling them to pair up for their special guest singer she hesitates, wanting to leave. But Mr. Pholdee had asked for her hand, Tun gladly gave her father a turn, while he dance with his mother.

Kob: “It’s good to see you out of bed.”

Mr. Pholdee: “It was an intense scene you created back there.”

The instruments began to play. The violin twitter, the cello holler, the flute whistle. The couples began moving. As Tik sway Kob back and forth, she was worried about Tun rather than herself. Because when the piano keys were played and the voice of the singer was heard, Tun was shock as though struck by a lightening bolt. The vocalist messed a key when he spots Tun. But quickly recovers, unknown to others of his mistaken.

Kob: “This is horrible.” She thought quietly.

Mr. Pholdee: “If you want to marry my son just for the house. I’ll give it to you, under one condition, leave my family alone.”

Kob: “That would be impossible. Because you see…the house legally belong to me. I truly know the ownership paper they gave you were counterfeit.”

Mr. Pholdee: “Assuming it’s true what you said. Can you proof to me you’re the true owner?”

Kob: “I can’t prove it. But your son can.”

Mr. Pholdee: “Tun?”

Kob: “T….” She had a sly smile on her face as the song ended. She didn’t finish the name. “Continue to eat your pills and keep fit in order to stop me from swindling Tun’s money.” She whisper softly before Mr. Pholdee went to dance with Mrs. Pholdee. She thinks to herself. “I’m making myself out to be bad to encourage Mr. Pholdee. No…” She shakes her head. “I’m always been bad.” She wouldn’t allow herself to be weak.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
yay i finally got caught up...wonderful updates :D kob is so strong and brave....so tun and tik are brothers wow ^^ mrs. pholdee is so funny....i can't wait to see what kob does next.... :)

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Sorry about the updates. I miss two days w/o posting cause I've been busy. I'll update either tonight or tomorrow.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Chapter 13

When Kob approach Tun, he rudely walks pass her. He moment she turned to follow Tun was when she bumps into Tik’s chest. She rubs her forehead and looks up. The lights dim and the next song begun to play, those around them danced. While Tik has his eyes enchanted on her. He knows she doesn’t have any intention in dancing with him so he approaches her first.

Tik: “My parents are watching. You can’t resist.” Kob puts her hand ontop of Tik’s palm and dances with him. When she finally gaze at him she couldn’t take her eyes off as though wanted to cherish the moment. “Those eyes…they’re the ones I’m used to seeing.” He thinks quietly. The melody of the song becomes more mellow Kob couldn’t control the weird feelings stirring up inside of her. She leans in and rest her head on his chest, embracing him closely as they sway back and forth. Once the song was over Kob’s mood changes, she backs away like a Cinderella running from the prince at the stroke of midnight.

Outside of the men’s restroom, Kob can hear the water rushing, she knocks to let Tun know she was there. She knows he was angry with her because he made him see his old flame, a guy whom made him accept his gender orientation (that he’s gay). Tun wouldn’t reveal to his parents about their love so the singer left him.

Outside the hallway Kob sneaked up on the singer dude. His bodyguard immediately blocks her way. But after many pleading and mention of Tun she got alone time with the man.

Singer: “What are you? Like a cupid…”

Kob: “I’m not asking you to get back with him. But think deeply, how you let go of a strong bond just because that idiot Tun isn’t courageous enough to stand up for himself. I can tell now, you’re living a life of regrets, the lyrics in your song can be uplifting and blissful, but the sorrow emotion in your tone can’t be deny.”

Singer: “I don’t care.”

Kob: “Okay. If I kiss Tun, you wouldn’t mind right? We share a room together too, I’m pretty sure he’ll be satisfy with a hot women like me.” She fans herself. “This dress and these shoes he brought for me. He’s clearly over you.”

Singer: “No, he’s not over me.” Out of jealousy he breaks out. The bodyguard runs toward them asking if Kob had done anything to upset him. He yelled at them to leave. “You listen to me missy. He’s still in love with me and I toward him, you can see it in our eyes at the evening party.”

Kob: “Want to meet him?” Since he already admits she suggest they talk and come into an understanding.

***Bathroom***

Singer: “Sulking in the bathroom as always Tun. You need to get rid of that habit, you’re a doctor you know yourself that bathrooms have billions of bacteria.”

Kob: “Say something bad to him, usually when someone hear bad response they take action quicker.” She whispered.

Singer: “Stop staying in the bathroom, you’ll become disgusting like it.” The door quickly flew open and a fist came at the singer. Another punch comes and he blocks. “I have a beautiful face. If you want to hit, I let you, but hit elsewhere.” Tears build up in Tun’s eyes. Kob takes a cloth from her purse and gives it to Tun.

Tun: “When I was at a powerless position you were suppose to be by my side, encourage me. You didn’t believe me enough to stay and cheer me. I couldn’t face my parents.”

Singer: “I know. I was wrong. I should had given you more time.” Kob immediately pushed them inside the bathroom and closed it when she saw a shadow appear in the corner.

Kob: “Um. The janitor is cleaning the bathroom.”

Tik: “I came here for you.” Kob is pushed into the men’s room. It had two stalls, he was going to check it but Kob stops him.

Kob: “What do you want to talk about say it right now, don’t waste time checking. There is no one.”

Tik: “Then why were you waiting outside? I thought you had agreed with Tun’s proposal, you’re seeing another man behind his back.” He takes a step aside her which force her to tug on his arm.

Kob: “I miss you.” She says bluntly. Tik stares at her.

Tik: “You’re bluffing.” He takes another step toward the first stall and kicks it. When they get to the second one, Kob pulled Tik toward him. She pecked his cheek and slowly back away. She lifted her dress for easy movement, she rush out, just like she thought he would chase after her.

Tun: “She might need help.”

Singer: “I’ll go with you. But…separate.” He respects Tun’s decision and will wait till he’s ready to tell let out to the world of his real self. Tun got down from the singer’s back since they were standing on the toilet seat and the singer was carrying Tun.

Outside in the hall way. Kob got to her and Tun’s room, a turn on the knob and she gets in. But Tik grabs hold of Kob and pins her to the wall.

Kob: “You’re hurting me.”

Tik: “What you said was false.”

Kob: “Alright. I lied. I read partial of your story since Tun had the collection and he was saying you were imaginary things.”

Tik: “Don’t act accordingly when you don’t mean it.”

Kob: “First time I seen a person get mad because a women kiss him without liking him.” She was going to leave but Tik slams a hand into the wall to block her.

Tik: “A women once came into my life and help me realized my reason for living. When she left, she turned me inside out, from good to bad, in order to help her solve the problems she’s been running from. With all this she doesn’t even know what I am doing for her. You dislike me.”

Kob: “You’re the one who dislike me. Not just dislike, you team up with my steps and learn to hate me. You hate me. You hate me!” Tik cups her face with both his hand and roughly smack his lips against hers. Kob pulls away causing a pop noise. She turns around to open the door but Tik slams it shut, he pulls her into a hug, her back against his roaring chest. Her champa flower falls onto the floor.

Tik: “If you ever say that again I’ll kiss you.” Kob shriek when hearing his sentence. Tik had held her arms tightly when he crossed his against hers. “Dance with me, this time alone.”

Kob “No.” She refused. “Release me…”

Tik: “If you’re not willing, I’ll make you…” Kob can feel his moist lips graze against the tip of her ear, she shudders.

Kob: “Okay.” She pulls out of his hold, he leads her to an open secluded area at the end of the boat.

He politely bends forward and then stick out his hand, but she didn’t response to him. He wraps his arm around her waist and yanked her forward. They danced to the rhythm of the ocean. Kob rested her hand on his shoulders and his hand rested along her spine. Their other hand clasp together as they slowly rock back and forth under the glowing moonlight and sparkly stars.

Kob: “What is so enchanting about this women who came into your life once then left you?”

Tik: “She’s everything to me and still will be. Not because she was part of my story, but because she is part of my life.” Kob’s eyes began to sparkle along with the stars above. “Many days with her gone, I continue to hear a whisper of confession, her voice echoing as the wind blow through me…and each day that voice comes louder and louder. ‘I like you.’ The voice grew more distress because I wouldn’t answer back.” He cups her face and turns him to face him since she was looking away from him. “I don’t want to answer back to thin air. I want to tell her face to face…that I’ve finally see the women who’s hidden inside of her. To tell her that…I love her…no matter who she was.”

Kob: “The words you speak are different from your actions. You’re with Arisa, my step-sister.”

Tik: “And you are with my Tun, my adopted brother.”

Kob: “I’m not with him.”

Tik: “You’re with that singer?” He had seen them from afar together.

Kob: “When will you be satisfy. My legs are aching. You should try walk in my shoes.”

Tik: “Who are you to ignored my question.”

Kob: “Who are you!?”

Tik: “I’m Tik Jessadaporn Pholdee!”

Kob: “I’m Kob Suvanant Kongying!” He aggressively cups her face with both his hand and pulled her upward. She had to tip toe so her neck wouldn’t hurt.

Tik: “Kob.” He says in almost in a pleading voice. “You have to remember something about me.”

Kob: “Stop it.”

Tik: “Not even my name trigger a memory.”

Kob: “I don’t know…You said you would let me go if I danced with you.”

Tik: “Your favorite snack is somemores, crackers with toasted marsh mellow and partially melted chocolate herseys. Along with snacks you love making jokes and riddles.”

Kob: “How did you know?” She mumbled. Those were things she used to love doing when her parents were still together alive, every late evening they would gather wood and build a fire together. Eat her favorite snacks, and play games (riddles/jokes) with each other. “Arisa told you…”

Tik: “You were the one who told me.” He shakes his head in frustration.

Kob: “Clearly you have mental issue. I warn you. Take your hands off me.”

Tik instead pulls her in and trail his lips alongside her neck, moving from one side to the other as Kob arms were stuck in between his chest and unable to fight him off. They fall onto the ground where Tik insanely continue his uncontrolled assault. He didn’t stop until a slight jab was felt. Kob’s purse aside them was open, her mascara and lipsticks rolled out, she had taken something out from there. Kob turns Tik over and quickly got up. He also jolted up. His hand was resting in his abdomen area as he stares at Kob, horrify to see what she had in hand. The moonlight reflects on the object Kob had in hand.

Tik: “This is my divine punishment, to get stab by my own knife.” Although the wound hurt, he laughs. “Ha…you put it to good use, did exactly what I asked you. To use it and protect yourself.” He limps away. Kob’s heart was racing watching him leave and toward what she had done.

Tun finally finds Kob. When he calls her name she tremble and turn the pocket knife toward Tun’s direction. Tun raised his hand into the air.

Tun: “Calm down.” Kob lowered the knife. “What happen here? You’re hair is all mess up.” He released the ribbon band and her hair ruffle down to her side.

Kob: “I just stab your brother.” Tun could see the stream of bloodstain on the blade of the pocketknife.

Tun: “TJP.” He bends down to read the upside down initial. “That’s Tik’s pocket knife isn’t it? Tik Jessadaporn Pholdee, his initials. How did you get your hand on it.”

***In Tun and Kob’s room***

Kob threw the pocket knife in the sink and washed her hand, rubbing them with force, no matter how hard she scrub her hand, the blood stain wouldn’t come out.

Singer: “Enough.” He pulls out of the room, she didn’t go out without having one last glance at the pocket knife. “Rest.” He takes her shoe off and lay her out on the bed. Kob was asleep when Tun came back.

Tun: “She’s asleep?”

Singer: “Yeah.” He answers him. “How was it?”

Tun: “Like I thought, he wouldn’t let me treat him. But he did take my first aid kit. So he’ll be alright, the knife just grazed him a bit.”

Singer: “Did he say anything about the incident?”

Tun: “No. Either one wants to tell me what really happen. What struck me the most is…when she asked me to check up on Tik…it wasn’t out of fear but concern…she doesn’t like Tik.”

***In Tik’s room***

He pours some ethanol into a towel and damp it. While he placed the cloth on his wound he forgets the pain. After bandaging it he leans the head of the bed and fumble with the champa flower that came off Kob’s hair when they were struggling earlier.

***Second day of cruise ship. The ships stop at a nearby beach so the passengers can shop at a nearby beach, Diamond beach, Ko Samet, it would be resting at the port for the night. Tun and Kob left first, the singer left after and they meet at a plan area.***

Kob: “This is the place.” She read the address, she removed the paper from her view and sees the little fishing village, which was the residence of those who had saved her. The kids ran up to them and dragged Kob into the village while Tun and his lover carried some heavy fruit basket inside.

They meet with the head villager. Tun and his lover pass fruit basket to the people around there, while Kob had gone to the shoreline. There were people patching their nets, some getting the boats ready, and some who had just came in from getting their load of fish. She follows the kids until they came to shallow area. They point at it, Kob can see the metals sticking underneath a bunch of sea waste and broken branches. She began to remove it, what was revealed to her made her paralyzed. The boat she was on when her steps threw her into the water, it was in wreck. She could feel the pain all once more, she see what really happen that day.

Kob: “Barbarians. Blood thirsty. You’re not human.” She covers her face. “Aag!” She screams to relief her frustration.

One blink and Kob finds herself being carried off by a person with strong upper strength. When she fully recovers from the dizziness, she was resting in one of the small hut. The kids came in and gave her a coconut to drink so she could re-energize herself. “You fainted.” One of the kids tells her. “You all brought me here?” She asked. They shake their head from side to side. The man walks into the hut, he was mute by the way he used his hand to signal the kids to get out. He began to tell Kob a story with his hands, he didn’t need to speak, Kob understand every by every moment he made. From saying how many days ago was story, to explaining two women (long hair), threw Kob (he points at her), into the water, (he points at her again) your hands were tied, (he points to himself) I, was fishing (he was doing a netting motion), from afar. And he was doing the motion of pulling her out of the water. He shows her the medicine he had mold onto her face to sooth the burnt skin. After he finished the story, Kob follows him outside.

The mute man grabs a handful of herb and puts it in a stone bowl where he starts grinding it using a stone rock. He molds it and sits on a straw mat next to Tik. The kids lets her know Tik was the person who brought her there. Kob watches as Tik lift his shirt up so the man place the medicine on the wound. The man signal Kob over, he wraps once around Tik’s waist and tells Kob to press on the pouch where the medicine was so it wouldn’t fall apart as he continue to wrap the reminder of the strip of cloth. The situation was nerve wrecking for her because she was the one who wounded him. The men was a busy body so he leaves to do more chores.

Tik: “The ruins must had startled you. Are you feeling any better.”

Kob: “Fairly okay. Thanks for not leaving me there.” Tik chuckles a little.

Tik: “You’re afraid of being alone.”

Kob: “I’ve been alone throughout my life. I’m not afraid. I just didn’t want to wake up next to the wreckage, it would had been traumatic.” They both look into the horizon. “I have much respect toward your parents and I don’t want what happen yesterday to happen again, especially at a time you’re family is beginning to reunite…therefore…”

Tik: “What is it?”

Kob: “Please…” She takes a cloth out of her pocket. “take it back…” She hands him something. “I don’t know how it got into my possession. But it has your initials on it.”

Tun: “You already found your way here.” One of the kid told him she fainted so he came immediately. Kob took the pocketknife back and put it in her pocket. “Oh Tik you’re here too.” He turns his attention to Kob, they both speak softly to each other. “This is the house of the men who found you. A native fisher men and villager medical specialist.” He gives the men’s kids a fruit basket. “Did he say anything to you?”

Kob: “He’s a witness.”

Tun: “Should we convince him to testify?” He whispered.

Kob: “He’s mute. Beside…I’ll just put him and his family in danger, them two are capable of anything.”

Tun: “You’re going to let it go.”

Kob: “Have you heard the saying ‘Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present’ I won’t waste my time looking back, I will cherish today, and prepare for what’s to come in the future.”

Tun: “What are you going to do next?” Kob looks into the sky for answers.

Tik: “If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.” They didn’t mean for Tik to overhear their conversation.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Chapter 14

The head villager invites them to an evening festival, celebrating the god of the sea. Tun stays behind to help them set up while Kob went into town to acknowledge the singer of their changes in plan, but Tik tailing her. She pretends to walk casually checking stands. She stops by a necklace shop and fumble with accessory.

Tik stands by her side and purposely reached over to her side, he picks up an item and observed it. The owner asked if they were interested because they were one of a kind. Kob dug through the pile until she found something enchanting. “Oh…that’s a good piece…it’s call memories of the sea, the glass is a rare find it was found deep within the sea when usually sea glass appear on land. It has been said…because the glass comes from deep down the earth it correspondent to a person’s heart, the person who possess it, when find true love it will glow. “It’s speculation…it’s just a piece of trash which people throws into the water, it’s man-made litter” ***sea glass are created from glass broken from bottles that has been beating by the water and sand, smoothing them out*** Kob tells him. “But once used to be trash becomes something valuable in the end.” Tik takes the necklace from her. It was a soft blue smooth cobalt resting on a long, sterling button cup, on a snake chain.

Kob: “Give it back. I saw it first.”

Tik: “Weren’t you the one who was bad mouthing it?”

Kob: “It doesn’t matter, I got hold of it first.”

He clutch his hand into a fist, the pendant dangled down as Kob tries to twist his fingers open. His suddenly opens his palm but only to clasp it with Kob’s hand. As they tugged against each other, Arisa finds them. When she called out Tik’s name, Kob can feel him loosen his grip, she pulls away. Tik turns back in search of something, Arisa could only wonder. Tik turn his hand over and looks at the restless necklace in his palm.

Kob rushes around the corner and spots the singer looking at rings. They tour around the open door shop until evening.

As the even progresses more tourist came to see the event, including Tik and Arisa. There was a fire built in the middle of the village, many people danced around the fire. Kob, Tun, and the singer had already had their fun so they head to the beach area. Tun and the singer sat on a wooden log while Kob was in the distance poking a stick into the sand and drawing, they discuss their future. Arisa didn’t like being at the place at all, she dislike tradition and by her dress appeal it was obvious. After discussing, the three head back to the main village to say their good byes. The villager man insists they drink a cup of wine as respect. In the middle of the fire place, they all stood with their cups. Kob looks over the head chief shoulder and saw something that spark jealously. She quickly drink down her cup, as Tun tip his cup forward, Kob grabs it and gulps it down as well as the singer’s cup. She apologizes and walks off, all the chief did was nod in understanding as he turns around to see Arisa making out with Tik.

***Back in the ship. Tun learns of the memories she regained. Tun and the singer is the second person who fits a phrase The second line that the monk said “For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it.”***

Kob stood in a secluded area, looking into the hazy evening horizon. The board infront of her was blank. She closed her eyes and began to paint, the night she danced with Tik. She finally got her bright colors back, unlike before where the only colors she used where dark and black. When she finish her painting, sine scribbled other colors on it ruining the piece she just created. She went to sit down on the bench. She rests her head on the railing and watched the sparkly water. “The optimist already sees the scar over the wound; the pessimist still sees the wound underneath the scar.” She gently caresses her wrist, which was slit by Arisa in the past.

***The next day. When snorkeling and attending many events, Kob always have to look out and be in the middle of Tun and the singer. Near the late evening, Tun was resting. So Kob spent time with the singer.***

Singer: “Do you mind joining me?” He asked her to go with him to his room.

Kob: “You want time with Tun? I’ll get him…” She said in a tired voice.

Singer: “I would like to discuss something with you.” She didn’t seem like she was interested. “My room is first class.”

Kob: “Why did you say it earlier?” She walked side by side with him down the hall. Arisa see and went to tattletale to the Pholdees, Tik was also there because he was patching things up with his parents.

Inside the singer’s room, Kob was eating desserts. The singer took a little black case out of the cabinet and took out the ring to look at.

Singer: “A year ago, I plan to purpose to him but pass down the opportunity because it was too much pressure for him.”

Kob: “As a singer, it’s also pressure for you isn’t it? You’re fame gets in the way…while in Tun’s case his pride gets in the way. You’re unable to tell your fans and he unable to tell his parents.”

Singer: “I’ve decided, I would sacrifice anything for him, but how am I suppose to allow him to be my priority while allowing myself to be his option.

Kob: “Many have said people in love, love each other equally, but I believe one puts more devotion into the relationship.” Her head began to ache when she see herself smiling at Tik and he ignores her. The singer knees infront of her. “What are you doing?”

Singer: “Practicing proposing.” The door opens and Tun walks in on them. He thinks the opposite and runs out. The singer was going to follow but Kob stops him, fearing they’ll create commotion. “Singer, I don’t want to loose him.” Tun walks to the corner where he hides.

Kob: “At a time like this, he wouldn’t want to talk. Let him cool down.” She pats his arm. As they were heading back into the room, Kob hears Arisa’s voice.

Arisa: “See I told you. Now you see it with your own eyes.” The didn’t see when Tun ran off.

Kob: You’re all here.” She looks at Mr. Pholdee, Mrs. Pholdee, Arisa and her mother. Her step mother saw the ring in the singer’s hand.

Step mother: “You’re cheating?”

Arisa: “That’s what it looks like.”

Singer: “You got it all wrong.” Kob grabs his arm and tugged him back. She looks pass the bunch of people infront of her and toward the corner where she could see Tun peeking. She gave him time to confront his parents about the situation but he lets her down. He walked away.

Mr. Pholdee: “I told you she was no good.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “Shut up.” She looks at Kob. “Tell me. What is going on here?”

Kob: “I’ll take the offer.” She looks over to Mr. Pholdee for an answer.

Mr. Pholdee: “I’ll be yours at the end of this trip.” In Mr. Pholdee’s interaction with Kob, Mrs. Pholdee can tell it was her husband usual tone when in a business transaction.

Mrs. Pholdee: “You haven’t answer my question.”

Kob: “It’s not for me to answer you.” Mrs. Pholdee stumble a bit, her husband holds her to keep her from fainting. She looks back at Mr. Pholdee. “I’ll honor your words on that day.” She refer to the transaction. “Doesn’t matter what shape or form, I believe it wouldn’t be a big factor when accepting the person who you son picks. It seem you just want a person that would show real affection and love toward him. Unlike me…who has mutual feelings for him.”

Step mother: “This girl is vile. Taking money from Tun then saying your just friends…” She apologized to the Pholdee’s for Kob’s senselessness actions.

Mrs. Pholdee: “You disappoint me. So heartless, I regret treating you like daughter.” She was breaking down, Mr. Pholdee takes her away. Arisa childly sticks her tongue out before walking away with her mother, both satisfy.

Singer: “Why didn’t you let me tell them? You made them out to be fools.”

Kob: “I didn’t mean to. However…the secret Tun holds is not mine or yours to be told. It’s not our voice that should be heard.”

Singer: “Your really putting all your bet on Tun aren’t you?”

Kob: “He’s already fire up. Just waiting for him to explode.” She gives a slight punch to his shoulder. “With this out of my control…you and Tun can patch up without using me as your shield. A famous politician, Winston Churchill once said ‘Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts’ keep that in mind and have faith in yourself.”

Singer: “Why do you speak like your giving me your last words?”

Kob: “Because…I won’t be allow to have any contact with you, consider you part of the Pholdee family today.” She kept a straight blissful face infront of him, but when she turns and walk away she was soaked in tears. It had been so long since she had a family, the feeling of being complete, she trades it in for her house. In the mess, it was all she could do for the Pholdee, especially Mrs. Pholdee who had taken her in without question or discrimination.

***It was late when Mr. Pholdee opened his doors to a sulken Kob. He steps out to avoid waking Mrs.Pholdee.***

Mr.Pholdee: “You’ve said you had proof of ownership.”

Kob: “It doesn’t matter now. I struck a deal with you. I’m here to get written agreement.” She gives him a pin and paper. “Even without me around, you should continue eating your daily pills. Getting better isn’t just so you can protect Tun, but get better for yourself, so you can see the future of your children…grandchildren…the joy they’ll bring to your life, it is an opportunity you don’t want to miss out on.” A butterfly flies into the hallway where they were talking. “It is only you in the family who still feel that strain of guilt. It’s time to let it go…” She knows it was the mental pain of loosing his daughter that was suffering Mr. Pholdee.

There was a party inside the main hall, so the majority were enjoying the feast. Kob wanted peace and quiet so she sneaks to the top of the boat where the pool was to get a closer glimpse of the stars. The day was a hot so there weren’t many stars out that night. She leisurely walked down the pathway of the poolside. The lights were on because it was prohibit for swimmers to use the pool at night, so the moonlight was the only shine she had to see her way through the night. She had only been there for thirty seconds and she heard a splash. She could see the water in the pool ripple.

Kob: “Who’s there? Anyone?” There wasn’t an answer. But as soon as she saw someone floating her first instinct was to save the person. She jumps into the pool and swim toward the person. When her hand touch his shoulder, he lift himself upward. “Tik?”

He cups her face and lip locks her. Tik slowly lift his lips off. Kob stares at Tik, overcome with emotions. A tear stream down, Tik can see it glaze down her cheek and hear it as it drops into the water.

Tik: “What’s wrong?”

Kob lays on the folding chairs near the pool, her hand clutches to the edges as she tries to keep her tears inside. But they started bursting out as gasp for air. Tik can see her shudder. He remembers a scene in the streets of Ko Samet when coming back from his trip.

***Flash Back***

Fortune teller: “What you experience with that women was a spiritual phenomenon. Her mind and energy that was with you, not her physical being, that’s why each the time she does a chore, if it wasn’t you by her side those chores wouldn’t be done (watering the plants, washing the clothing, etc). You have treated her like she’s keeping something from you…she is but she herself doesn’t know it yet.” She shakes her head.

Tik: “Then the painting. The one she drew and I took to the art gallery, it wasn’t real?”

Fortune teller: “Of course that was real, she posses you to draw what she wanted. In other words, you two drew it together, your hands, her mind.”

***Flash Ends***

Everything finally sank in for Kob, what she had just done. She spoiled her chance of happiness for a piece of property. She hears the continuous voice of Mrs. Pholdee breaking her heart wasn’t intended, which sadden her even more. She was devastated in herself that she couldn’t find concrete evidence to pin point Arisa and her mother on the assault and forgery case she secretly has against them. She finally put herself together when Tik kneels before her. He put a hand behind Kob’s back and pulled her in. Her forehead rested on his shoulder. Overwhelmed, she slumps onto the ground and hugged him tightly. He can feel she was beginning to relax because she wasn’t as tense.

Kob: “Forgive me.” She pulls out of his embrace.

Tik: “No. It was right to seek comfort in me. I owe it to you.” Kob gazed into is eyes

***In the morning***

Tun woke up and couldn’t find Kob only saw a letter push underneath the door telling Tun that she had slept with the singer. He quickly went to see the singer. “What did you two do last night?” He grabs the singer shirt right when the door flung open. “We did nothing.” “Kob told me everything.” He shoves the note into the singer’s chest. He reads it and unbelievable about the explicit details Kob wrote. “She’s lying? Why would she?” “You two are cruel.” The singer clutches his shoulder. “I don’t know what got up with Kob to write such things.” “You slept with her…” “You’re jealous…” He smiles. Tears were building in Tun’s eyes. The singer pulled him in for a comfort hug, even though at first he resisted. “I love you and I swear I would not touch any women nor men.”

Tun: “I love you too…”

Mrs. Pholdee: “Tun?”

His parents were both shocked. With the door wide open they saw everything. In their hands was a large note, it changes color according to mood so when Mrs. Pholdee became confuse/shock the hidden word that Kob wrote appear in back of the board. “SURPISE! In the color blue. The front of the board, was original paper, which she wrote a note asking the Pholdee to take the weird board to the singer, one last favor of hers, but they didn’t know Kob intentionally wanted them to catch Tun and his lover red handed. Soon the word surprise fades and a small sentence underneath says “If you see this agua blue green sentence…your mother calmed down. “Take a deep breath.”

At first the news to the Pholdee was a bit rocky. But they couldn’t deny the truth. Tun tells them how he plans to marry the singer, keep their marriage low profile and adopt a child. Because there were needy children in the world. Mentioning ‘needy’ it reminded Tun of Kob. He also doesn’t want Tik to know until the marriage plans are settle.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
wow i didn't see that coming YAY tun is getting married :D poor kob....her step sister and mother still are getting off free.... >< great update ^^

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
wow... at last tun can get married.. now i hope for kob happiness.. pity her very much... whole life suffer because of the step mother and sister... hope them 2 can get what they deserved..

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Chapter 15

***Tik’s room***

Kob rubbed her head trying to recollect yesterday night. She skims her finger through her hair as she sat up. She realized her clothing weren’t on. She clutches the blanket, in panic she falls onto the floor slamming into Tik who was sleeping down there. She rolled around until she could get up, her hair was mess up when she leaned against the bedside. Tik puts his palm against the bedside and incline inward.

Tik: “What are startle about?” He slid her aside. “I didn’t want you to have a cold so I took our cloth off and drop it off at the laundry last night. The maid should bring them in this morning.” Kob clutches the blanket tighter when it was loosening off her body. “If something happen I wouldn’t be sleeping down here.”

Kob: “What were you doing down at the pool anyway?”

Tik: “Facing reality.” He sneaked a kiss on her forehead.

Kob: “Facing reality by drowning yourself.”

Tik: “I was floating. At least not until you came splashing near me that caused me to swallow water.”

Kob: “How am I suppose to know you were floating. Beside the pool side was close you shouldn’t had been there.”

Tik: “You shouldn’t had been there also.” Kob looses the argument, she pouts and turns away. “You’re cute.” He kisses her forehead. There comes a knock on the door. “It must be the maid.” Kob secured the blanket as she gets up.

***When Tik opens the door it wasn’t just the maid but Arisa too.***

Arisa: “What the heck?” She rushed at them. “Are you trying to take away my boyfriend?” Kob walk pass her and toward the maid to get her clothing.

Kob: “Which one are you referring to?” She knows Arisa has many other intimate relationships before Tik.

Arisa: “I meant my husband.”

Kob: “I don’t see a ring to claim your relationship.” Got went inside the bathroom to get herself changed. She takes something out of her pocket. A crumbled dollar bill. She slaps it into Tik’s palm. “Thanks for the time you used to relieve my pain.” She winks at him as though hinting they had done something which annoyed Arisa.

Tik: “Kob…” He couldn’t believe what she just did.

Kob: “You have to remember you are from a family of businesses. Everything comes with a price…”

Arisa: “Oh…so what was the singers price that made you move over from Tun to him?” Tik stares at the two girls in confusion.

Kob: “He didn’t have a price. It was pure devotion from him that caught my attention.”

Tik: “You broke up with Tun?”

Kob: “Arisa knows best…ask her…” She looks at Tik and Arisa agonizing before she left.

Kob goes back to her room, the one she was actually supposed to be in. Yesterday night she had the captain open the doors for her claiming she locked herself out and had put the agreement paper inside before taking her walk. She takes a look at it before hearing a honk.

***Kob returns earlier than expected hitching a hike on a smaller boat cruise who headed back home. She walks down the shore and is greeted by a cop name Arnus***

Kob: “Are you here about business or personal issues? You found the crooked cops?”

Arnus: “They’ve been expelled from the academy.” He pointed to the sand infront of her. “There was a kettle hidden under there, but it appear the wind had swept the sand away revealing it. I took it in for evidence.”

Kob: “A month ago…when I heard there were previous ones before me who had been hurt by them and that I was the only who survived their assaults. My first thought was to prevent it from happening to others. So I decided to contact a police officer…”

Arnus: “It turns out to be me.”

Kob: “Someone I don’t want to see.”

Arnus: “You’ll have to see me sooner or later, we’ve been engaged since we were children.”

Kob: “That arrangement was made by my father, he’s dead, the promise is dead. I would give you the ring back but my father kept it and everything was thrown down to my steps. Who knows my steps could had sold the engagement ring already. Who ever has it you marry them.”

Arnus: “I’ll ask them.”

Kob: “I forbid you.”

Arnus: “It’s our property, I have every right to ask for it back. Don’t worry, I won’t make known of my career.”

Kob: “How far are you on the investigation.”

Arnus: “I would like to think you for entrusting us again…especially when we had fail you before. I will find justice for you and the many others, so your suffering won’t be in vain.”

Kob: “Do I have to testify…”

Arnus: “There is decisive evidence for the first case. You don’t need to worry about it. For your second case, you told me before Arisa was left handed. And the scar you posses are all on the right. It makes sense. Step mother is a con-artist while her daughter is a criminal, they have a strong motive in wanting to get rid of you. There’s no need for your testimony.” He stands beside Kob. “There will be a case against you, if the Pholdee decides to pursue forgery. If the mother daughter can’t pay, you might be the one to suffer.” He knows the Pholdee as strict business people.

Kob: “I’m already suffering from the Pholdee. They should know not to ask for more than what I’ve already given them.” She sighs. Mr. Pholdee already give me his signature in approving me inside in the house. “Am I free to go now?” He nods and leaves.

Kob went to the kitchen side and flip the doormat open where her spare key laid flat on the cement ground. She uses it to open the door. As she gradually walk inside she has butterflies in her stomach when having the feeling that there once was another presence there with her. She went throughout section of the house. Inside the green house was what amazed her. She had purposely let the plants whither because she hated seeing the bright color. But now they were alive. The fruit tree were bearing fruits and the herb plants were aromatic. She drops herself to the ground when she saw the fixed bike. She traced the bike with her finger and leaned on it with sorrow feelings. “Father promise me he’ll come back with me here to fix my bike one day…” She says almost tearing up. She missed her father. She then thinks to herself “Who repair it?”

***Those three days. Tun try contacting Kob but she wouldn’t answer her phone. On the dock when they arrived.*** Arisa her and her mother walked side by side with the Pholdee, their hands were full with shopping bags but Arisa rubbed herself against Tik which made the Pholdee uncomfortable with their public display of affection.

Mrs. Pholdee: “Let the butler take them home first.”

Step mother: “It’s too much to ask of you.” She pretends. “Why don’t we go together.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “It’s alright, there’s something I order at a nearby store, I will pick it up.”

Arisa: “Then we’re leaving.” She was going to kiss him on the cheek but he turns away. “What’s wrong?”

Tik: “I’m feeling a little sick.”

Arisa: “I’ll take care of you then.”

She takes Tik into the limo. As the limo leaves with the three, Mrs. Pholdee immediately turn to Tun.

Mrs. Pholdee: “Could you get hold of her.”

Mr. Pholdee: “Worried about her when we get home.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “Ah. Tik I’m tired…let us rest at the beach house okay?”

Mr. Pholdee: “Hey…hey…” He blocks her way. “Let’s get a hotel.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “Hotel we have to pay.” She studies her husband. “You seem nervous. What is it you do?”

Mr. Pholdee: “A struck a business deal with someone. The house is no longer ours.”

Mrs. Pholdee and Tun: “What!”

Mr. Pholdee: “Let’s go home.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “I will not tolerate this any longer.” She steps her foot down. “You all are keeping something from it…and I feel it has something to do with Kob?”

Mr. Pholdee: “…” He twitched which made his wife suspicious.

Mrs. Pholdee: “I saw that…”

Mr. Pholdee: “I didn’t twitch.”

Mrs. Pholdee: “You didn’t eh? Can you swear to the gods you didn’t.” Her husband couldn’t do it.

Tun: “Who did you sell it to father? The house is of great importance to Kob. It’s her family’s house, the only thing her father left for her, while giving everything to her steps.”

Mr. Pholdee: “That was the only thing she has left?” He snaps. He takes his phone out and dial to his lawyer, he had him observe the paper works again, this time closely. “We’ll go to Tun’s condo.”

Tik’s mother was trying to get a clue to what was really going on. “So your proposal to Kob isn’t a marriage but an offer for her to be your fake girlfriend to distract your father and I from finding out your gay.” She looks over to Mr. Pholdee. “You offer her the house so she can stay away from Tun, but she’s isn’t with Tun at all…” Tun had just came out from his spare room finding out Kob had taken all her things, including the painting he gave her.

Mr. Pholdee: “She won’t just away from Tun…she would stay away from the whole Pholdee family, she want to be left alone like when she haven’t met our son…” He gets a call and is alerted that the paper Arisa and her mother gave them was counterfeit. The lawyer could see a professional did it because everything was perfect except for one little tiny mistake.

Half way back to the city. Tik open the window and looked outside. Somehow it didn’t feel right. He gets a call from Tun, telling him their father had given the house to Kob in exchange for her to get out of their life. Tik didn’t seem to care, but Arisa can see his body tense up after shutting off his cellphone. The red lights infront of them turns green.

***At Tun’s place***
There was a bunch of crumbled paper in the paper recycle bin. When he unfolded them one by one, they reveal facial features. When putting them together it was an artwork puzzle, Kob drew of Tik. He tries calling Tik again, wanting him to confirm what he knows.

When Kob got home from grocery shopping, Arnus was outside waiting for her. He’s been giving her frequent visits, checking up on her. Arnus was undercover, so he wore casual clothing to blend in with the crowd.

Arnus: “Good morning.”

Kob: “How long are you going to stay?” She tossed her bike aside.

Arnus: “Half an hour.” He studies her.

Kob: “Why longer?” He usually just checks up on her for ten minutes.

Arnus: “My superior informed me, they are back from their vacation. I’ll have to keep a watchful look out even though my other colleague are keeping an eye on your steps.”

Kob: “You’re trailing off their every move. There’s isn’t a need to be here.”

Arnus: “My superior wanted to catch the forger, so they won’t take action just yet, if we moved in on your steps it will spark his attention.” It’s one of the criminal they been wanted to catch for a long time.

Kob: “So…let me get this straight….you’re willing to sacrifice me in order to hit two doves with one stone?” She didn’t want to hear Arnus excuse for his superior. “I don’t want to hear…” She puts her things into the house and took out some flippers.

Arnus: “You’re not going where I think you’re going are you?”

Kob: “I’m going someplace where I can be in serenity.”

She heads down to the beach got her things set up and went into the ocean. Arnus couldn’t stop her. Kob kept herself calm in the depths of the water and waited tell her breath was out. When seeing Arnus leave, she swims toward the shore. She threw herself on the beach exhausted and looks into the sky. As she rested on the moist soil she reminisce the night on the cruise when she and Tik kissed in the pool.

***Kob goes back home where the singer was waiting for her at her doorsteps***

Singer: “Tun is mad, I am mad.”

Kob: “My assumption didn’t go wrong did it? You’re here to slap me or am I going to get a hug?” The singer raised his hand but opens his arms and slight hugs Kob, he didn’t want to stain her clothing with his wet clothing.

Singer: “You pulled a risky stunt. Have you thought what would happen if it gone wrong?” He pulls away.

Kob: “Truthfully, I didn’t have much of a choice.”

Singer: “You’re always running away, always looking around your surrounding, secure of yourself.”

Kob: “Like an animal without it’s parents, it’ll have to survive on it’s own, watch it’s own back. It’s a habit of mines.”

Singer: “So helping Tun and I?”

Kob: “I wanted to know how it feel, to be part of something, to be alive again. Blinded by excitement, I have forgotten that to be human again doesn’t just consist on happiness alone, but pain and anguish came along with it.”

The singer took a little pouch out of his pocket and shook it upside down, revealing a ring. A shimmering blue topaz and a pair of radiant pearl with sterling bands.

Singer: “I brought it while in Ko Samet...” In the back carved Kob’s name. “It’s a friendship ring.”

Kob: “We’re not little kids you know. It’s been what? About three days since we met.”

Singer: “There will be many days ahead.”

Kob: “I made a promise to Tun’s father to not interfere in his family. I’m stand by my words. Hopefully you understand my situation.”

Singer. “Even when an animal is left by it’s parent, if she finds her own species, that pack will not hesitate to take her in.” He takes Kob’s hand and slid the ring on her index finger. “We want you to be our maid of honor. If you can’t come to us…we can always come to you.”

Kob: “You don’t understand…I…”

Singer: “You’re making things more confuse than it is, little lady.” He puts an arm around her shoulder joggled her beside him. “It’ll be alright.” He pats her shoulder.

The weeks proceed, Tun and the singer were having their wedding preparation done. Kob was in the art gallery working and worrying what to do when the wedding day came. The bells from the entrance door jingle and she greeted the guest, to her surprise it was Mr. Pholdee.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Chapter 16

***Afterwork, Pholdee and Kob sat in an outdoor tea store.***

Mr. Pholdee: “I had my lawyer overlook the ownership paper. Indeed they were counterfeit.” He takes a sip of his tea. “I have no power to withhold it, therefore the agreement we had, can’t be used against you or me.” He sighs. “There is good news and bad news. The good news is you can be Tun’s bridesmaid like he wants you too.”

Kob: “The bad news?”

Mr. Pholdee: “I’m deciding if I should sue Arisa and her mother. Unfortunately, Tik seem to infatuate with Arisa, which makes it hard.” He crossed his arms together.

Kob: “When the matter is settle…that means I’ll have to move out of the house…”

Mr. Pholdee: “If you can’t proof your ownership, than the house will fall in the hands of the government. Good luck.”

When the conversation was over, it left a tight knot in her stomach. She headed back home, riding down the street on her bicycle.

Kob pressed on her brakes. And stomps on the ground. “Tik…Tik…Stupid…I want to punch you so…” She clutches her hand into a fist. She stuff her hand into her pockets and took out her booklet. “Can I buy it back?” She shuffled through the pages and sum how much she has left. “Not enough.” She shuts her eyes and tries to go back in time and remember but her mind was blank. “I didn’t secure it in the bank, knowing they will get to it there, so I kept it. It was in the safe box, in the storage room, I took out, gave it to Tik…? She mumbled so fast she thinks she’s going crazy. Frustrated, she pulled on her hair. A rumble from a car engine can be heard as it stops next to her. Tik rolled his window down.

Tik: “I suggest you stop, unless you want to become bald.”

Kob: “Your things. I have them packed in boxes already.”

Tik: “I don’t plan on leaving.”

Kob: “What do you want from me?”

Tik: “I don’t want anything from you, it’s Arisa I’m aiming for.”

Kob: “Then you have no reason to be here do you?”

Tik: “This is a public place, there’s no restriction for me being here.”

Kob: “Go ahead and drive here, but don’t tail so closely. You might run me over.”

Tik: “You’re really getting marry to Tun aren’t you?”

Kob: “Don’t worry, I’ll make sure Tun gives you an invitation. You have to be at the wedding congratulating him.” She saw his jaw clutched. “Bring, Arisa along too will you?” She speed up ahead. Tik felt paralyzed by Kob’s words for a moment until his phone rings. Tik drives forward and curved his car infront of Kob. “Are you out of your mind?” She yells as she put her feet down for more brake support.

Tik pops the trunk open and goes out. Kob stares at the street which began to make her dizzy and the fuel fume that came from Tik’s car, made her head spin. Kob gives a little shriek as she felt Tik’s cold hand on her shoulder. She scoots the bike backward.

Tik: “You doze off again.”

Kob: “The place we separated…” She looks over Tik’s shoulder. “No…what am I saying.” She shakes her head because there was a blurry image infront of her. (The scene when she reached for Tik and she goes into the light).

Tik: “Go with me.”

Kob: “Where?”

Tik: “Less talking, more action.” He pops his trunk open and gets out. “Get in.”

Kob: “Is that an order?”

Tik: “Please get in.”

Kob: “I have an appointment with an important person, I can’t go.” As she grips the handles of her bike, Tik placed his hands on top of hers.

Tik: “Who’s more important than my mother?” Arnus parks behind Tik’s car and notify him his car was blocking traffic.

Arnus: “Is there a problem here.” Kob yanks her hand out causing Tik to hold onto her bike.

Tik: “Why do you speak swiftly when concern about the law?” He thinks.

Kob: “This is the important person I was going to meet.”

Tik: “Is that so…you would rather be with him than by the side of my sick mother, remember you brought her to this situation.”

Kob: “You’re pinning the fault on me?”

Tik: “How am I pinning it on you when you know yourself it was you.”

Kob: “Why have Tun left you clueless.”

Tik: “So you ain’t going? You’re going to be her daughter in law soon.”

Arnus: “Who’s getting marry?”

Tik: “Kob”

Kob: “Tun.” They both said different answer at the same time. Her cellphone rings and it’s Tun on the other line, confirming her of his mother sudden collapse. “Arnus…wouldn’t you mind taking me somewhere.”

Tik: “My mother isn’t at the Pholdee’s estate. She’s in our vocational mansion in the country side.”

Kob: “It wouldn’t be a hassle if you tell me the address.”

Tik: “Why don’t you go with me?”

Kob: “I need to take my bike home, can’t you see.”

Tik: “It’s alright, we can take it with us.” He lift the bike off the ground and puts it in the trunk of his car, he left the hood half way open since it didn’t fit all the way.

Arnus: “If there’s something you’re afraid to tell me, just nod and I’ll understand, signal to me.”

Tik: “Am I to be fear, Kob?” He wiggles his key showing he was inpatient.

Kob: “There is nothing to worry about. I’ll be fine.” She patted Arnus arm. “I’ll give you call when I get there.” She sweetly.

***On the ride to Pholdee’s vocational country mansion. Ranch.***

Tik: “He’s a police officer isn’t he?”

Kob: “Why do you have to observe people so much?”

Tik: “Cause I’m a writer I sometimes depict my characters upon those people I see around.”

Kob: “That including your character in the newspaper story.”

Tik: “Partially…have you even read all of it?”

Kob: “I can careless, after reading the first chapter.”

Tik: “It’s good you didn’t read it. It might be déjà vu to you.”

Kob: “It seems you’re afraid. I might read it.”

Tik: “Don’t…”

Kob: “Have Arisa read it?”

Tik: “Many times.” He lies.

Kob: “Then I should read it too. You know, writers get better when others reveal their mistake. If someone tells you positives things, how do you know what to improve on?”

Tik: “I’ve understood, that’s why I’m fixing my faults.”

Kob: “He’s talking to himself…” She looks out the window and watches the beautiful open fields go by.

Tik: “You told me you didn’t need a prince in shinning armor, why do you marry one.” She get a call from Tun.

Kob: “Why don’t you tell your brother the truth?”

Tun: “Is he with you?”

Kob: “Of course, he’s driving me to your vocational house.”

Tun: “Speak lower…”

Kob: “Fine…”

Tun: “I’m doing an experiment, so bite your tongue. Don’t let it out.” Kob shuts the phone off on him.

Kob: “You’re brother is annoying, I wouldn’t do this if I could afford paying off my hospital debts.” She blinks her eyes and suddenly wanted to tease Tik. She huddles near him. “Tik…I want to call off the wedding.” Tik brakes hard, the tires squeal as it grazed with the cement.

Tik: “The men earlier is the one you’re going to leave him for?”

Kob: “Whoever the person is, as long as you know…it’s not your brother.”

Tik: “Tell me who is it?”

Kob: “No. You’ll send him to hell if you knew.”

Tik: “What do you mean send him to hell?”

Kob: “You’ll beat him up into a pulp.”

Tik: “I said…tell me who the person is…”

Kob: “Alright…” She looks him straight in the eyes. “That person is…”

Tik: “Is…is…”

Kob: “You already know.” She leans back. “Do you really want me be marry miserably to a person I don’t love. That is cruel, Tik…very cruel indeed when you have a opportunity to stop something but doesn’t.” She closed her eyes then opens it. She leans forward arching her back like it ached. “Why haven’t we reach there?” She looks around. “You’re brother is annoying.” She repeats herself, confusing Tik. “But it’s a good experience, I’ve been cope up in the beach house for so long.” She waves her hand at Tik’s face. “We don’t have all day, mister.” She sways it again and this time Tik yanks her forward, hugging her so tight she could hardly breath.

Tik: “I can’t really let you go.”

Kob: “What are you talking about?” She pushes him away. “You have a sick mother at home, we need to go.” She fixed her seat belt.

Tik: “You…what was the last thing you just did?”

Kob: “Talk to your brother, then I shut the phone off.” She brushes dust off her shoulders. “Next time don’t hug me like that, if someone see their imagination will soar and I will get in trouble, being call a cheater.”

Tik: “You’re really…”

Kob: “Yes…really…bonding with Tun. Get going.”

Tik: “Why god…why do you torment me.” He thought to himself. Tik clutches the shift and pulled on it.

***When Kob gets to the ranch. It wasn’t illness that sparked Mrs. Pholdee to collapse but the sense of boredom. The workers were setting the area and getting it ready for the wedding***

Mrs. Kongying: “Thank god you’re here.” She happily hugged Kob. “You thought you can get away huh…”

Kob: “I didn’t want to hurt you guys further down the road.”

Mrs. Kongying: “If we talk it out, everything will be fine. Don’t keep things hidden to yourself. Treat me like a god mother.” Kob didn’t give a genuine nod so she made her pinky swear.

Kob: “Why do you treat me so nice?”

Mrs. Kongying: “Because you’re family. You had shatter an imaginary wall between Tik and his family, reuniting them.”

Kob: “Sorry, but what are you talking about.”

Mrs. Kongying: “When Tik’s cellphone was activated, I remember the location was at your beach house, and if I think very hard, I swear, it was your voice on the other line telling me that I got the wrong phone number. What is odd is when I told Tun about it he says it can’t be because you were just awaken from a coma.”

Kob: “I feel like I’m messing something…” She confusedly shakes her head.

Mrs. Kongying: “Oh the monks are here. Help me make merits and wish this wedding to go well.” She takes Kob. “You go too Tik…”

At the entrance. There was a table set up with packages of food and lotus flowers. Mrs. Pholdee stood first in line giving out the snacks (rice in banana leave packages), Kob was second in line, giving out the lotus flowers. While Tik just wai in respect after each monk left. On the last monk, Tik and Kob both grabbed for the lotus flower.

Kob: “I got it.”

Tik: “It’ll be disrespectful if I didn’t help at least a little.” They both put the lotus flower ontop of the monk’s golden bowl. Right then Kob felt as though she got a brain freezes, she cringe backward into Tik’s chest.

Kob: “What…?”

Mrs. Pholdee: “Are you alright?” She fans Kob. “You should go inside. Tik, take her inside.”

Kob: “No. It’s alright.” She could see the monk waiting. “I want to listen to the monk’s prayer.” They kneel down, put their hands together as the monk’s bless them. Tik went to his mother’s side to help her up as well as Kob who was on the other side.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I want to apologize for my grammer, I know there's alot of them, I haven't had the time to go back and correct. Haha. So when reading you will 'huh' at times, but I'm sure you all can figure it out.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
oh i hope kob remembers that even though she was in a coma..and that her steps pay for everything...poor tik..having to be arisa and see kob with other guys like arnus...at least tun and the singer are getting married :D lol mrs. pholdee is funny...fainted because of boredom...