Old Movies

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Azn_LaDy said:
omg...gurl..i call the chinese guy that name too....i didnt put that name down cause i didnt know how to spell it in hmong...but ahhaa....
anywase, i want the original one....and yeah, i think hes cute....oh yeah, and i like that movie "Ua neej tuav plig rawv" too ...its a very old movie...but good..=)
[post="130072"][/post]​
Ok...haha...usually when I talk about this movie, know one knows what I'm talking about...but I absolutely love this movie though...Zaj Tsheej Zoo was super cool...haha...but he was a lot cutier in the movie with Saraphon...as always, Su Thoj did a good job with the dubbing...

So then you should know Nkauj Kab Lia, Foom Tsav Xeeb, Nkauj Ntawm, Sib Fwb Kuab, Nkuaj Ntxhi...etc...haha...I like all their names...especially Zaj Tsheej Zoo's last opponent "yawg choo lis"...which is similar to my name...haha...Oh and the songs too...haha...I'm gonna go burrow this movie from my grandma...haha

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Oh...I know one...I call it "Paj qwj zeeg"...it's dubbed by I think Hmong world productions or something like that...

Storyline...in the beginning, an orphan named Chow Fu dreamt he was walking on the shore and saw a shell...then a girl came out of it and asked him to help her...so he bit his finger and dripped some blood onto the head of the shell...supposely, he saved her life and she wanted to return the favor...so she transformed herself into human...everyday when he went to chop woods, she would come and cook for him...

Does this sound familiar to anyone???

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Azn_LaDy said:
yeah...i sure do know them names....hahaa...and i love the song too...it matches the movies....haha
yeah, i know that movie too...i like it alot....that one dude's hair is soo funny..... :loool: ..it stay in one place... :loool:
[post="130086"][/post]​
LOL...I know...it's like braid in a ponytail and it curls up...haha...

Fearless

sarNie Adult
Anybody remember this old Chinese movie called chu lien nkauj ntsuag? That movie was pretty sad. When I was younger I used to have short hair with bangs and people would say that I looked like chu lien and they would call me chu lien.

Some of my old favorite Indian movies are paru thiab ceeva, tarzan & ruby, ceetha thiab keetha, kiacha thiab kiayana, chundra, montha.

You guys remember those movies?

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
ohhhh....KOBORI!!!! i loved that movie....still love it it fact....he's so cute even though he's all skinny and scrawny....the new one with SORNRAM isn't any good compared to the old one!!!

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Fearless said:
Anybody remember this old Chinese movie called chu lien nkauj ntsuag? That movie was pretty sad. When I was younger I used to have short hair with bangs and people would say that I looked like chu lien and they would call me chu lien.

Some of my old favorite Indian movies are paru thiab ceeva, tarzan & ruby, ceetha thiab keetha, kiacha thiab kiayana, chundra, montha.

You guys remember those movies?
[post="130135"][/post]​
OMG...those are all my favorites too...especially Ceeva and Tarzan...chandra and Montha was good too...these two were hella depressing movies though...Ceetha & Keetha was hilarious...whoever dubbed the mean aunt is hella good...haha...I know all her lines...

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
I wanna CHU LIEN?! she it sad? i saw the preview of it and i want to watch it!

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
The movie with Saraphon and the chinese guy. I like the pair up. The stinky girl got with Saraphon because she reminded him of his dead wife. And the chinese dude got with the villager girl. I love the part he was teaching her how to use the sword and she kept falling so he had to hold her. Haha. The india guy was so jealous. I though the india guy 'Toog Chi' should had gotten with the younger sister. They're funny together.

"Paj Qwj Zeeg" Those acient chinese clothing style back then. I remember the main guy cousin liked his wife and he always try to come and get her. Haha. But each time he fail.

I love Kicha thiab Kiayana the hmong title is "Ob Lub Cev Koob Ib Lub Siab." Dubb by ST Universal.

Paru and Cheeva, the snake movie. lol. The hmong title is "Poj Dab Thiab Ntxhais Ntxawm." Dubb by ST Universal.

Cheeta and Keetha. The hmong title is "Poj Niam Muaj Nqis." Their friendship was almost torn apart by a women. :wavecry: So sad at the end when the friend gave all his blood to his friend.

Chu Lien Nkauj Ntsuag. Gosh the new dad was such a pervert. It was kinda like cinderella. I love the song when they went to get water by the water fall and they were answering each other. Also tearful when they both jumped down the watefall together.

Did anyone see "Me Nyuam Yog Niam Nplooj Siab" (india movie) where the mother dies because the aunt and uncle of her husband hired this oen dude to kill her. She found out the aunt and uncle had been spending alot of money on gambling and she was going to tell her husband, but they killed her before she could tell, and they lied that she ran away. Since her mother was a whore they accuse her of being one too. But really she was murder, she was wearing a yellow sari when the guy stab her. And her spirit come back to take care of her son. Also she had the help of her black dog (Davi). Later she went to pray to the statue godnness and she could touch her child, but people still couldn't see her. This movie was so sad.

Did anyone also see Layu thiab Sulasavadee (india movie), the hmong title is "Nrhiav Niam Txog Quam Ntuj." This movie was when the kid did know about telephone and he thought he could call to his mom who was in heaven. On his birthday his dad brought him a new wife which he love the mother as if she was his bilogical mother. And later as he grew up he grew attach to her and does everything she says and believe her. Basically she was being nice to him so when he grew up he could give his belonging/inheritance to her since his father was rich. She also had a son with his dad, but that son wouldn't get anything. Later she tried to poison her daughter in law and the baby inside her. Luckily the daughter in law didn't drink it because one of the servant inform her. When the daughter in law told Layu he didn't believe, so he drink the poison milk, as he was talking to the mother and Sulasavadee when to get the doctor he threw out blood and he realized what his wife was saying was true, that the mother wasn't who he though she was. But he still said "Mother, if you wanted anything you could had just asked and I would give it to you. You didn't have to go through this much. All I want from you is if when I go to heaven as long as you tell them I am your son then I'm happy." At the end she realized her wrongs and she rips the sign paper and told him she doesn't want it anymore, she just wants her son and her daughter in law to live with her, happily and forever.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Nancyvang...I thought ceetha and keetha was the one about these two twin girls...they were separated at birth, then ended up switching places by accident...which one are you talking about?

Paru and Ceeva...I know all the songs by heart too...haha...and I don't even know what they're saying...but I absolutely love this movie...good storyline...man, I know everyone's line too...especially Poj Nab's...haha...these lines are the best...it's just the way she said it...

Poj Nab: "kev chim kev lwj siab ntawm kuv twb yog vim niag caus dis ntawm kov, nws tua kuv tus tub kuv thiaj tom nws tus pauj, vim koj cawm tus me nyuam ntawv dim thiaj cob nws tsheej ib tug kwv nab, kuv tsis muaj peev xwb tom nws, yog li ntawv kuv thiaj li tom kom tau nws poj niam, tom nws poj niam cuag li tom tau nws lawm"...haha

The one with the lady that has a dog named Davi...Fearless and I call it Montha...haha...yeah, that was a good movie...very very sad though...

Nrhiav niam txog qaum ntuj...too depressing for me...I never finish it...

chakrit_Y

sarNie Juvenile
nancyvang said:
The movie with Saraphon and the chinese dude. The poster will bring back memories. lol.

Picture credit: fivestarent
[post="130030"][/post]​
QUESTION ABOUT THIS ONE... IS THIS THE ONE WITH THE PAJ YEEB GIRL??? SEEMS FIMILAR???

AND.. DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER AN OLD INDIA MOVIE ABOUT A DOG AND BABY... IT'S LIKE THE BABY'S MOM DIED AND THE DOG TOOK CARE OF IT AND FEED IT MILK AND EVERYTHING.. AND THERE WAS SOMETHING ABOUT THE BABY GETTING A SUNBURN BECAUSE IT WAS IN THE SUN TO LONG AND THE MOM WAS TRYING TO PROTECT THE BABY BUT SHE COULDN'T BECAUSE SHE WAS ONLY A GHOST?? SOUNDS FIMILAR?? THIS IS ALL I REMEMEBER...

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
One of the girl from that poster is name "Paj Yeeb" in there. It's the stinky one that the chinese guy caught. lol. :loool:

The dog and the baby. It's the one I was talking about earlier, my post is up there. I'll try to find the cover of that one.

LMAO. I remember those lines from Paru and Cheeva. Haha. It's at the very end when they question the snake lady why she bit Paru when Paru did nothing to her.

The movie is call "Tum Mere Ho" it was made in 1990.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0173369/

About Cheeta and Keeta. I'm not sure. Because in the one I saw there's two friends and one is call Cheeta and the other one is call Keeta. They're best friend since they were children and the older one is richer so he'll always give up everything to the poorer one. He even gave up his girlfriend for his friend.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Oh that one...I know which one you're talking about then...didn't he give him his blood at the end too...and he gave up the girl too...

Fearless

sarNie Adult
I think Nancyvang got ceetha and keetha mixed up with another movie.

OMG ceda, I remember all the songs to paru and ceeva by heart to.. I'll always be singing along with it.. they're like stuck in my mind... I can't believe you remember poj nab's line just exactly how she said it in the movie.haha..

nrhiav niam txog gaum ntuj.. that movie was really sad.. it's sad how the stepmother locked the dad in this dirty place for so many years until the daughter in law actually went and took the dad to come live inside the house and stood up to the stepmom. I thought the daughter in law was really smart how she challenges with the stepmom.

Hey anybody remember the Thai movie tou lee thiab maiv vaj “hlub yuav kev” starring pol. He plays as twins. Anyways, I love that movie a lot! I was wondering if anybody has the hmong song that was in that movie. I want that song really bad.

And I also love that movie with kat English where she is a ghost. p'ek studies about ghost and he hears about this motel place that was haunted so he goes there and meets kat. Their names were pong and kalia. Anybody seen those movies?

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Fearless...I know those two movies too...haha...I really liked "hlub yuam kev" but gosh, those hmong people cut out so many parts...I kinda remember the song but not in detail...

The one where Kat plays a ghost...I seriously thought it was lame...not cause of the movie...I guess cause the people cut out so many parts...and the voices were horrible...I think I went to rent the Thai version and I liked it so much better...

Haha...I'm singing in Hindi...LMAO

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Hlub Yuav Kev. What part of the movie the hmong song played? I only remember that one thai song na'ek sing at the party.

I seen the one with Kat English and this one dude. It's was for channel 3. I remember she died in a hotel. She wanted to leave but they cast a charm onto it so she couldn't leave. I didn't get the ending of the movie though. But the movie interesting.

Kishen Kanhaiya

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099943/

I love the flute and the hermonica.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101437/

Like fearless said. The daughter in law was very smart, she picks challenges with the mother in law. And at one point she even told the mother in law that she learns her tatics because the mother teaches her...haha. I love when she and the servants and the dad got back at the mother and the uncle.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
In Kishen Kanhaiya...that girl that paired up with the clumsy twin is so pretty...she's such a sweet girl in this movie!! The sound of the fluke sounds hella nice too...

Nancy...did you download the Taowha songs from the download section? Someone in here has to have them...cause yingerbug's computer is down so she can't upload them...

Did anyone download them? If you did, please be curteous and upload them for me too...

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I only have the intro and ending song. The intro was when the movie started and she singed and was going to help her father row the boat. And the ending when she died and he was carrying her into the peach flower fields.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
nancyvang said:
I only have the intro and ending song. The intro was when the movie started and she singed and was going to help her father row the boat. And the ending when she died and he was carrying her into the peach flower fields.
[post="130450"][/post]​
OOO...that's two of them already...that's good enough for me!!! Please upload them when you have time...