One Missed Call (Chakushin Ari)

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Okie anyone seen this movie? I saw it and I thought it was pretty good and even both sequels were pretty good, but the disappointing thing is I saw the preview for the american version thats coming out in January 2008 and it looks very very gay and disappointing...if anyone has seen the movie the game plan then I think they have the previews for it in there =x ok thats all haha I just had to vent that ... I didn't like the idea that they are remaking it but what can I do eh? and what sucks more is no asians in the movie lol ... but the ringtone is the exact same ringtone =x

Tahmnong

sarNie Hatchling
The original is one of my favorite Japanese horror movies :D

@Mann - she doesn't really see people's deaths before they happen, people get a call on their cellphones from themselves in the future and it leaves them a voice mail with the sound of them dying and the date and time

The second one was okay, I haven't seen the third one yet

But yeah, the American remake looks pretty stupid compared to the original :( But then again, aren't they always.

2008 is going to be the year of Asian-Hollywood remakes...with this, the Eye, and a Tale of Two Sisters all coming out around the same time too na..

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
yeah the original was awesome.. and in the original she doesn't see people's death does she? I think people just get calls, but in the american versions she will see things =/

Mann

Lol i meant hear their deaths on the phone kekek. my bad. yeah, i've seen it, but i wanna see the sequel, wait i think i saw it. haha don't remember, but yeah lol. i like japanese horrors. their really scary and good.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
^___^ yeah the sequel was pretty good and the final 3 was pretty good too I think I'm gonna ul the movie 1 2 and 3 unsure yet hahahah, but I don't like the american version it ruins the whole purpose of the movie being about the calls ... cause if they can see things and theres like weird symbols throughout the movie then how is it about the call?

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
you guys if this happen can you please erase me from your phone? hahah jp.. there's gonna be an american remake of this movie damnit!!!

Mann

I hate how America remakes Japanese movies, they just kill it, like The Grudge, and Now they're Making The Eye! With Jessica Alba, It Better be good like the japanese/thai! or I'ma be so dissappointed lol.

Tahmnong

sarNie Hatchling
@Mann - The Eye was CHinese lol..
But I actually want to see the American Eye, it looks pretty accurate to the original~
Unlike One Missed Call. That I still haven't seen but have heard nothing but crap reviews about.

Later this year the American remake of the Korean movie Tale of Two Sisters is scheduled to come out too.
And the rip of THai's Shutter is scheduled for early 2009...

So many dumbed-down remakeds -_-

lilo

sarNie Juvenile
I just saw this movie this weeken. I didn't like it was wrack. The beginning of the movie I was going to fall asleep. It was pretty stupid to me.