[ONE31] The Giver (The One Enterprise): Tor Thanapob / Plengkwan Nattaya

sarNie Adult
I was gonna skip this until I saw Bright on screen lol. Hiran is such an asshole in typical rich entitled person fashion. Instead of feeling sorry for the family he killed, he's upset that their death caused his dad to beat him. Like bruh.

Looks like he's gonna mess up Ben real bad in the next episode and yet, it seems like she's gonna believe that he didn't do it. This girl so gullible. It's gonna be frustration to watch her constantly believe Hiran's lies instead of her own brother throughout this drama.

Tor's character is ok so far. The typical good guy character who will get framed and go to jail. Hopefully, he comes out edgier.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I'm not sold on the story yet but Tor and Bright are good in their roles so far. I also hope Tailah gets some edge to him too even though he is the good guy standing up for all things right and just. At the same time I hope they don't take Hiran too far to cartoony villain territory either. I get that he's been abused by his dad but that's no excuse.

Not interested in the toxic relationship of Hiran and Fah. I cannot believe she will still fall for him after her brother is in jail. And Tailah and Akat seem boring.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
This drama trailer is boring to me

Tor is a great actor

I can't get in Nk...I seen a few of her lakorn and she's not a good actor to me

sarNie Adult
Fah best not end up with Hiran in the end. Redeem her character by making her backstab him.

Hiran isn't really a interesting adversary. Guy is too emotionally weak. It was 5 against 1, and the dude still lost. His only strengths are taking advantage of women (mostly Fah) and his daddy having his back.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Fah best not end up with Hiran in the end. Redeem her character by making her backstab him.

Hiran isn't really a interesting adversary. Guy is too emotionally weak. It was 5 against 1, and the dude still lost. His only strengths are taking advantage of women (mostly Fah) and his daddy having his back.
Yep, if Hiran is supposed to be Tailah's adversary but I don't know if he is. They're trying too hard to make him seem like a victim and I can't tell if it's intentional because the writer sees him as a victim, or if this is their idea of "complex" villain. I think Hiran's dad and rich people's privilege in general is more of a "Joker" to Tailah's Batman. But Bright is doing a good job.

I do like Tailah's character more with these episodes. Partly because Tor is so good. Plengkwan is watchable and her character has potential. Fah is the most annoying of the bunch. I'm interested to see where this thing goes with Tailah's buddies in jail and if they team up to take down Hiran's dad.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
The middle dragged and was boring but the last 2 episodes finally got some action and moving the plot forward. I'm so glad Fah didn't stay dumb forever or wait till the last epi. Once she cut it off with Hiran, she's pretty entertaining. And I like Akat too.

One thing I have a hard time wrapping my head around is that the actors and writer/director etc., keep saying this is a story about hope for justice prevailing. But the only reason Lah can beat the bad guys is because he has a pretty rich and powerful supporter. So what it's really saying is that the only way to beat money and power is with more money and more power??? That's not hopeful!! What are the chances the poor hits the jackpot like Lah meeting a powerful ally in jail?

sarNie Adult
lol that is exactly what I thought. I was eye rolling when Lah got the money.

So I tried to look at the story differently. I rationalized with myself that Tayyang represents "opportunity" He says it often that if the right person gets an opportunity, they'll be able to make something of it like Lah.

Tayyang gives Lah just enough money to start a business. He tests him to see if he has what it takes to become a partner of his. For Lah, it was never guaranteed. But as viewers, we never really saw a threat to him not getting the spot. So I know what you mean.

Like if you were Hiran with basically no skills, he wouldn't be able to make anything of any opportunity he gets. He grew up with a silver spoon and has every opportunity in the world but isn't able to make anything of himself like Lah with less. Or someone who is greedy but isn't willing to work, they'd just squander the money. For Lah, he already has that work ethic and being able to get along with people and motivate them to work towards a common goal. With Fah, same and she's smart.

That opportunity could be anything. Getting a better job, getting the right connections (i.e. Tayyang), entering a contest (that's prevalent in Thailand), etc. Not everyone is going to get life-changing opportunities of course, but you do need to have that foundation to make something of it if it does come knocking. I think that is what the story is aiming at or at least, I hope so.

Overall, I agree though. The writers could have gone at it differently with something more realistic like Lah working for the money to open the business himself and Tayyang appearing later on maybe.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
That is a good point about the opportunity and especially since the story is comparing Hiran and Lah.

I liked the ending. I wasn't sure if they were going to try to redeem Hiran or kill him off. And if they were going the redemption route how they were going to do it. Him confessing and turning in his dad and serving his jail time kinda worked. At least it's not the usual going crazy (this one drives me crazy lol), die, or become a monk endings. The good guys didn't automatically forgive the bad guys. No one was trying to get some melodramatic revenge, just plain ol justice.

The character I felt suffered the most was Santi. I get why he had to go back to jail but didn't like that his sentence was longer than Hiran. Yes he intentionally ran over someone but it was extenuating circumstances. They should've at least said how long his sentence was. And whatever happened to Hiran's dad? Did he end up in jail or what?

Overall, not the best but it had some good points and was watchable.