Places I miss

PimpStress

sarNie Juvenile
As summer approaches, I'm missing Scottie's Place very much, remembering my summer there. Though it's been a few years since my visit to Scottie's Place, the time spent there remains vivid in my memory--the luscious green trees, the clear blue sky, the fresh mountain air, the gentle breeze as I ate lunch with Matt, the tobacco barn I slept in, the nightly bonfire, eating home-cooked meals, gazing at the beautiful stars, hiking through the rain, watching the sunset. I remember that time of life when I was in the midst of changing my major, not quite sure what my future holds. I went to Scottie's Place wanting to get away from college life, uncertain that a city girl like me would survive in the wilderness, yet I did not fear the uncertainty of Scottie's Place. In fact, I longed for the adventure, to be far from home, from the normality of life, from the pressure of college. Not only did I survive at Scottie's Place, but I loved it! I loved the peace, the people, the beautiful surroundings, and the purpose of Scottie's Place. I was truly inspired by the Winter family for starting such a camp and having a heart for homeless children. It was that inspiration that gave me a new sense of hope as I left Scottie's Place and returned to college with memories to cherish.

Here are some pictures of Scottie's Place:

UC Berkeley--I went there for a conference during my undergrad years and thought about going there for grad school. I'm still thinking...

Sather Gate

My fave path

Serene spot

dfemc

sarNie Adult
berkeley's got a nice campus huh :D doode that's one of my fav paths too, i use to toss rocks out there.

PimpStress

sarNie Juvenile
Recent trip to Sedona, AZ. It was a beautiful day!

The mountains of Denver, CO. taken from atop the mountain before skiing down.

The west coast

klarissa

sarNie Hatchling
wait till she sees new york...damn d, you make me feel like saying THE EAST COAST IS ..um yeah no idea.

PimpStress

sarNie Juvenile
View from Avalon Riverview apt. on Long Island City, NY

Fire Island, NY

NY at Night

View from the ferry to Staten Island

dfemc

sarNie Adult
niiiiiiiiiiiice....NYCing! wow, i'm sure i can sit at that ferry dock for good while of the day... so what's the best part of NYC for ya? do share. :D