Poj Txooj

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
These stories have been told recently by my elders.

Long ago when my neighbors dad was still a kid, he and his family went mushroom picking. He went off alone into the river with high rocks around and started feeling tired and went to sleep. He later woke up being stuff into the bottom of a hole where bambooms grow. The whols is so small for an adult to get down there and it is really deep about 8 to 10 feet. He then shout for help and luckily his uncle and aunt her going to one of their relatives place and heard his calling and notice that it was his voice. they look around and found the hole and the bamboom tree, they call him and he answer back. They ask him how did he get down there and he said that he dont know. So, his aunt and uncle took off their red and green ''hla shay'' and tied it together and was able to pull him back up. They took him home and ''ua neej'' to him and said that ''Poj txooj'' put him in that hole.

One of my moms relatives was also taken by ''Poj txooj''. One day he and his kid friends went into the woods and play hide and seek. He went and hide behind a old log and someone took his hand and started draging him along. He shook his hand to let go but the person that was dragging him was alot stronger. so the he couldn't get away. Some men was coming back from their farm and heard him shouting for help so they start going after his cry for help. They look and search but couldnt find him and all of a sudden he was sitting next to the side of the road holding a leaf above his head. They found him and took him to his parent. many days after they ''Au neej'' to him, at night he would go outside and go into the bush and cry. His mom would go after him and and it would sound as if he was not the only one crying. So, his mom chipped off some gold dust from her gold bracelet and mix it with a banana and fed it to him. Ever since then, he have stop doing that. But even to this day when he gets mad or sad, he would cry and swear at his mom. He would say that his mom is so mean thats why she made him eat those stuff. He lives in minnesota now, he is one of my relatives.

Theist23

sarNie Egg
These stories have been told recently by my elders.

Long ago when my neighbors dad was still a kid, he and his family went mushroom picking. He went off alone into the river with high rocks around and started feeling tired and went to sleep. He later woke up being stuff into the bottom of a hole where bambooms grow. The whols is so small for an adult to get down there and it is really deep about 8 to 10 feet. He then shout for help and luckily his uncle and aunt her going to one of their relatives place and heard his calling and notice that it was his voice. they look around and found the hole and the bamboom tree, they call him and he answer back. They ask him how did he get down there and he said that he dont know. So, his aunt and uncle took off their red and green ''hla shay'' and tied it together and was able to pull him back up. They took him home and ''ua neej'' to him and said that ''Poj txooj'' put him in that hole.
Nice little story but bad interpretation. How did his aunt and uncle came to the conclusion that it was poj txooj that put him in that hole? You sure he didnt fell down while he was sleeping?

One of my moms relatives was also taken by ''Poj txooj''. One day he and his kid friends went into the woods and play hide and seek. He went and hide behind a old log and someone took his hand and started draging him along. He shook his hand to let go but the person that was dragging him was alot stronger. so the he couldn't get away. Some men was coming back from their farm and heard him shouting for help so they start going after his cry for help. They look and search but couldnt find him and all of a sudden he was sitting next to the side of the road holding a leaf above his head. They found him and took him to his parent. many days after they ''Au neej'' to him, at night he would go outside and go into the bush and cry. His mom would go after him and and it would sound as if he was not the only one crying. So, his mom chipped off some gold dust from her gold bracelet and mix it with a banana and fed it to him. Ever since then, he have stop doing that. But even to this day when he gets mad or sad, he would cry and swear at his mom. He would say that his mom is so mean thats why she made him eat those stuff. He lives in minnesota now, he is one of my relatives.
Ok, first of all he was hiding behind a log. Someone took him and all suddenly he ended up being on the side of the road? LOL! What does the leaf tells you? Was his mom try to kill him by feeding him with gold dust and banana? :lol:

miss_kayomee

sarNie Egg
Nice little story but bad interpretation. How did his aunt and uncle came to the conclusion that it was poj txooj that put him in that hole? You sure he didnt fell down while he was sleeping?

Ok, first of all he was hiding behind a log. Someone took him and all suddenly he ended up being on the side of the road? LOL! What does the leaf tells you? Was his mom try to kill him by feeding him with gold dust and banana? :lol:

all i can say is that the leaf over the head is a symbol of the poj txooj kids, they hide under leaves or something like that. it makes them invisible, because my mom told me that. no idea if it's true it's just a story.

one story i can share with you guys is one about my two aunts when they were still younger and in laos. my mom told me this story because it was when my mom was dating my dad at the time and my aunt told her the story when they came back. anyways, my two aunts were on their way back home from farming and picking some leaves to bring home for dinner. so on their way home they saw this lady in hmong clothes with long black messy hair in the forest. she was sitting on a rock combing her long hair and facing the opposite direction from my aunt them, so they didn't know who it was. one of my aunt was still a little kid and she didn't know, so she went up to the lady and asked her if she was lost. the lady never said anything and she kept combing her hair. my other aunt had a weird vibe from her and she told my other aunt that they had to go back because she knew that the lady wasn't human. so after that they went home. that's the only story i have to share, i know it's not that scary.

if you ask me if i believe in pov txooh; i don't know if i would believe in them, but i don't want to experience it to believe in them. it would scare me.