Poll

Lub Yaj and Tub Yaj

• Lub Yaj and Tub Yaj

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

frog

sarNie Egg
Well, I saw a Tub Yaj vs. Xab Thoj poll in one of the trend in here. I just thought I add another poll to that. This one consists of Lub Yaj, Tub Yaj, Xab Thoj, and Pov Thoj. This is only for fun you guys okay!

So which pair do you think is better in terms of singing, acting, looks, etc...the yangs or the Thaos

***Honestly, I've never finish watching a Hmong movie since elementary school and just this year alone, I actually finished watching part 3 and 4 of Xab Thoj's Blahm series. It was quite a discovery in my part. I'm serious.

My vote goes to Xab Thoj and Pov Thoj, so which is yours?

VOTE AWAY!

danger

sarNie Hatchling
Not sure why, but the poll for Pov Thoj and Xab Thoj isn't working. Anyways, I would pick the second choice because Pov Thoj's there. It would've been better if you put the Pov Thoj brothers against Tub Yaj and his brothers. We all know who's going to win. :D

Mae

sarNie Adult
Ummm... well, I don't think I can choose either the Yaj pair or the Thoj pair, and here's my reasons:

Luj Yaj: He's a classic Hmong singer and one, if not the best of Hmong times, and Pov Thoj is right behind him.
Tub Yaj: The only thing he has going for him is his look, but his acting can't compare to Xab Thoj

Pov Thoj: He was a great singer, and it's a tragedy that he died so unexpectedly--but can't completely be compared to Luj Yaj's talent.
Xab Thoj: He's a great actor and versatile in so many ways, he can appeal to both Hmongs in SE Asia, as well as those here in the U.S., however, he doesn't have the look like Tub Yaj.

Therefore, it's difficult to put them both (Yaj vs. Thoj) up against each other, because they each have their own flaws, yet also have their own flattering points too. So, I'm not voting.

PajHavZoov

sarNie Hatchling
Individually...Tub Yaj is better looking. His singing is good, probably better now than Luj Yaj, but not as great as Luj Yaj was at his best. Plus, Tub (in the NPlooj siab khaub lig cua music video) came across as a stuck up conceited jerk. Do you think either Xab or Luj or Pov would ever be like "nkauj hmoob asmeslivkas hu xov tooj rau kuv nawb! cov hluas nkauj tim no tsis haib..."? Please, gimme a break. *roll eyes*

Pov Thoj had the sweetest voice ever, and his death was a huge blow to the Hmong community because he had so much promise. He was cute, too, and a humble person.

Xab Thoj is not (IMO) that good-looking (I don't really like his looks) but he's a GREAT actor, and this is from me, someone who doesn't watch a lot of Hmong movies. I liked him in Khib Ciaj Khib Tuag and Nyias Muaj Nyias Pheem. His singing is OK.

So I gotta go with the THaos. But I think a better question is, Coob Thoj or Tub Yaj? I still say Coob is a better singer/actor. Tub is a handsome face with a decent voice/music but it doesn't get to you the way the Thao brothers' voices can.