Producer goin remove voilence from lakorn.

Leeway

sarNie Egg
Male dominance is common in nature, depending on the species. It's natural. When we're in danger, we look to a big, strong man for help. It's not just the men's fault. A lot of girls go for thugs knowing what they're getting themselves into. Many have a thing for dangerous guys. Rough sex is like a big fantasy in our little minds, so it's no surprise that seeing rape on TV is appealing for some. And TV isn't the only source for bad influence. What about your friends, family, internet, video games, etc? It's inevitable.

Kkrystal

สุภาพบุรุษจุฑาเทพ
And TV isn't the only source for bad influence. What about your friends, family, internet, video games, etc? It's inevitable.
Lolz thank you for that quote. I would like to add "Good girls like bad guys" "Life is a puzzle. Finding the Answer lies another." If anyone understand what I'm getting at lolz good job because I dont. Just kidding, it's related to this topic just that it's very broad. Let's write a uneducated essay. Since it'll be long I'll bold the ones i thought you should if you would like to read. Your choice.

Lolz I don't know which side I'm on. I'm going to say both to a certain extend. Lolz I'm like arguing with myself. It's pretty fun. But it's confusing me at the same time. So if you get confuse I don't blame you. ^_^"

Surprisingly I don't understand why only lakorn is brought up. R scene exist elsewhere beside the screen too you know. For example, some of the storyline came from novel, nee yai, and fanfic. In other words from books. R scene are not the only source for violence. Those killing, mystery, murder, horror books are all violence.
So producers thinks lakorn influence people? I suppose they are probably thinking "We should start it from somewhere instead of leaving it hanging and since lakorn are well known let's start here." I can see what their thinking because there are many weak minds out there that are easily sway by their surrounding(gullible). Alot of people don't lead. A good percentage of human being choose to sit back, relax, and have someone point fingers to which path they walk. I suppose those are the real target they are after and not the ones that can think.

My thoughts on "R scene" lakorn. I would be lying if I say i dislike it. But truth is I just prefer "r scene lakorn" because they tend to have better storyline please don't mistake that for the "r scene" alone. I personally like slap kiss scene hmmm r scene they are okay. I agree with the part about we all knew that the p'ek and nang'ek already develop feelings for one another so in our heart we fantasize to ourself that it's okay. Now if she didn't even know the guy and she was rape of course we'll feel very sad for her.

Don't you ever have the feeling when you are so into something your nerves are shaking, you're heart is pounding so loud that you want to release that tension or emotion that's boiling up your blood. I'm sure we all have had at least experience it once. An example from a lakorn, when the p'ek is so stubborn with his feeling he goes and does the opposite of what his heart desire. Always causing trouble with the nang'ek, viewing her as a bad person, and ticking her off. You get so frustrated with the p'ek so much that when there's a scene she slap him it's so sah jai that knot you've been holding in your chest just loosen. Just like someone mention killing 2 birds with 1 arrow. You get scene between pra'nang and the nang'ek won't loose her pride because she was force.

(off topic: makes me think of pete lakorn. I dont remember the name of the lakorn (3string violin something along that line). The part pete rape his nang'ek. In the beginning they slap each other back and forth in the rain then he rape her. I like how he told his brother. "I wouldn't do it if I didn't know the girl wasn't willing".)

Just like reading some of the post in here 4 example. those post that didn't agree with your train of thoughts. Didn't your nerves started to shake, your temperature started to rise rapidly tension that builds up when reading each and every word they wrote just ticks you off so much. You want to release it out. Then you just keep coming back to read more and more. Again and again even though you knew the outcome? Samething happens when we watch r scene lakorn. Not that we totally agree with it.

Each person express differently. Some express with words while others express with actions. I prefer action than words. Let's say if you're in a crowd and you saw a friend. You scream out his/her name but they didn't hear you. What would you do next. You would move closer and either pat them on the shoulder or touch them some how.

Now I always get confuse when they bring up the gender issue of dominating. Does it really matter on the gender? I always thought in a relationship they'll balance out each other strength and weakness. Where one lacks in something the other will help fill it in.

Male rape female makes them dominate. So then you'll give it the okay if the female rape the male? That way female will be dominate right? Oh wait then it wouldn't be equal huh? How about they take turn raping each other? Hmm no that wouldn't be romantic either hmm? Well you know what? I work with alot of adults and they tell me. Words don't mean anything to them anymore. Youngerhood, yes but after marriage they speak their mind though touching one another. Maybe age will change your mind? Who knows until we get older I suppose.

rape1 Pronunciation noun, verb, raped, rap·ing.
–noun.the unlawful compelling of a woman through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
2. any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.

but if she secretly/silently or through body language agrees is that still consider rape?

Lakorn aka
dra·ma
–noun 1. a composition in prose or verse presenting in dialogue or pantomime a story involving conflict or contrast of character, esp. one intended to be acted on the stage; a play.

So it's a play involving conflict of character. So basically it's real life story with sugar and spice. Meaning they let you see everyone point of view through the play and there's some added details in there to make it more interesting.

Okay i'm yapping nonsense at you...I'll stop ja.

IHeartFendi

sarNie Egg
I have desperately tried to refrain from posting my thoughts on this subject for DAYS. I don’t want to add fire to the fire. But there are a couple of things that I want to add. First of all, I have to absolutely agree with Lynda and Lamour01 in that, rape is horrid and should never be deemed acceptable by any means of society. At the same time though, we are having this (pretty heated) debate for a reason, and that is because it addresses a social viewpoint that is based on other levels of what is considered to be “socially acceptable.�

Number one, Thai culture values purity and innocence. Behaving what would be considered “normal� in America would be considered slutty in Thailand. A prime example in: America’s Sweetheart or America’s “Girl-Next-Door� Jennifer Aniston has done a girl-girl kissing scene with Courtney Cox, and has shot a nude scene in her last movie The Break Up (although the film didn’t show any nudity, my point is, she was NUDE filming that scene). This hasn’t hindered her reputation at all because after all, Americans don’t think of this as a big deal. I assure you that Thailand’s Sweetheart would NOT be doing anything like this. I have to admire that. This is one of the biggest reasons why I LOVE Asian films and dramas versus Western films and dramas. It’s not all about sex, you know? It’s love not lust. There is a certain way girls are taught to carry themselves. They are taught to value themselves as human beings and that includes treating their bodies as though it is absolutely priceless. I love this idea. I personally live by this in my own life.

Number two, however there is a dilemma when it comes to dramas. How do they show a love scene between the p’ek and n’ek, if the n’ek is supposed to be a proper lady? Now I understand this predicament. What they do to insure an “acceptable� rape scene is this: they have developed DIFFERENT kinds of rape.

Rape #1: The BAD rape. This is the one that is violent, that scars somebody for the rest of their life. Think of the bad guy when he rapes the nang rai for example. Or the bad guy attempting to rape the sister of the p’ek but is unsuccessful.

Rape #2: The GOOD rape. To me, that’s an oxymoron (because rape can never be good), but let me explain further. I say it’s good not because I think it’s good. But because this is what everyone wants to see in the film. The N’ek is not really in PROTEST of the physical interaction between herself and the p’ek. In fact, it’s more like she’s torn between doing what she REALLY wants (everybody knows that deep down she wants it LOL), and doing what is PROPER. It’s not proper to WANT to do it, I guess.

So what I want to say is this: I understand this idea that Thai lakorns project. They want to make that distinction. They still want a proper n’ek, but they need to have that love scene to make it romantic. So the R scene has been their means of addressing this issue.

I have my own views on rape. To me, whether she wants it or not, she said no. No is no. This is just my own personal view on this. I don’t mean to impose my beliefs on others. But the whole reason why I’m posting this is because I wanted to add to what has already been said so far on both sides.

To be honest, I’m excited that they’re going for the less-typical plot lines. What this mean or what it SHOULD mean is that the story will be developed more so, the characters will (hopefully) become more complexed, not just your typical cookie-cutter “nice� n’ek, bitchy nang rai, etc. The key to holding an audience for that long is not only entertainment, but also the complexity of characters—which I’m excited for Thai lakorns to move into this direction. If anybody here watches the Chinese series, Condor Heroes, you know what I mean.

*sigh* OK. I think I said all that I have wanted to say, and hopefully I didn’t step on anyone’s toes. I really don’t want anyone to leave this post feeling angered or disappointed. But with an issue such as rape in lakorns, I know it might have to be that way.

Athena

sarNie Juvenile
The Thai :r-scene-pop-corn: is not bad at all.
Its nothing compared to the American :r-scene-pop-corn:
Hope they don't remove :slapandkissse3: that's the fun part of the
lakorn.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
It's not gender discrimination, it's just fact. In the US and European, there isn't a lot of discrimination against woman. However in countries such as thailand, turkey, and India, you can see male chauvinism at its best.
Actually, if you do a sociology study of countries that find r-scenes acceptable in the mainstream, women are oppressed in those countries. Seriously!
I don't hold too much pride. Rape for me is a very intense issue, I think rape for a lot of girls is a very strong issue. I don't think we should sugar coat it like in the lakorn.
Personally, why can't the n'ek and the pr'ek have nice consensual sex? Gosh, what is so wrong with consensual passionate sex? They should bricker and then the writers should find someway to get them to have sex. The n'ek can get pregnant and the pr'ek can do something stupid to piss the n'ek off. Thus, she tries to concede her pregnancy. It could work.
We should look at removing violence as a good thing, writers can create better PLOTS to attract viewers.
totally agree :clap: so good, they're taking out these retarded rape scenes and unncessary slapping, now they can create smarter characters and a more reasonable and entertaining story line, and i can actually consider going back to watching lakorns as i did when i was younger.

Male rape female makes them dominate. So then you'll give it the okay if the female rape the male? That way female will be dominate right? Oh wait then it wouldn't be equal huh? How about they take turn raping each other? Hmm no that wouldn't be romantic either hmm? Well you know what? I work with alot of adults and they tell me. Words don't mean anything to them anymore.
rape is rape, despite who commits it, males or female, so long as it's forced against another's will. RAPE IS NOT ROMANTIC, that's why i have an issue with the message that thai lakorns send out. and if "words don't mean anything anymore," why should ppl continue to speak, if not to communicate their thoughts. when someone says NO, it's a NO, despite how u want to justify that by your own interpretations. in every psychotic rapist minds, he thinks they're asking for it, even when it comes to the little 5 year old that they rape.

but if she secretly/silently or through body language agrees is that still consider rape?
SILENTLY?! ppl can be complicit out of fear. if verbal resistance isn't enuf, now body language will put up an AUTOMATIC YES to rape the girl??. if i recall correctly, in most of those lakorns, the womyn PHYSICALLY and VERBALLY resisted. there is no such thing as a "SECRET CONSENT" in the eyes of the law, and what anyone would deem morally acceptable. otherwise, this would be a lawless land with no negotiations necessary and everyone can imply whatever they want from one person's body language to the next.

*EDIT: gosh, i dunno why i sounded so angry here, now that i reread. please take out the emotions here, and don't consider this a personal attack.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Rape #2: The GOOD rape. To me, that’s an oxymoron (because rape can never be good), but let me explain further. I say it’s good not because I think it’s good. But because this is what everyone wants to see in the film. The N’ek is not really in PROTEST of the physical interaction between herself and the p’ek. In fact, it’s more like she’s torn between doing what she REALLY wants (everybody knows that deep down she wants it LOL), and doing what is PROPER. It’s not proper to WANT to do it, I guess.

So what I want to say is this: I understand this idea that Thai lakorns project. They want to make that distinction. They still want a proper n’ek, but they need to have that love scene to make it romantic. So the R scene has been their means of addressing this issue.
O' my ! Girl , im soo agreed w/ you in dat theory cuz dat exactly how i view it tooo LOLz!! But not everyone going see "R" scene as dat kind of fantasy cuz it still is an intense topic if they use it in reality so i guess those dat enjoy slap & kisses , "willing" scene and "R" scene in lakorn is for the romantic and fanatic ! I admit i do like to watch lakorn w/ "R" scene cuz it usually the most interesting plot to follow along w/out FF but dat doesn't mean lakorn dat doesn't have any "R" scene is boring but i bet ya' if all the member was to ask wat their favoite lakorn is amough their list will be an "R" scene lakorn :lol: . Im not saying R" in real life is ok but from a fanatic & romantic view i think it just a plus for their imagination and shouldn't take it to the heart but for other dat addresss it as a serious matter will think this kind of stuff in a lakorn is outrageous .

I think the winner in this debate will be the people dat agreed R" scene should be taken out of lakorn cuz no matter how much explanation the fanatic well give teh issue itself is a losing agrument already haha. Let see how it goin turn out if all the violence is taken out of lakorn cuz we know how it is when :slapandkissse3: :baby-scene-pop-corn: :w-scene-pop-corn: :r-scene-pop-corn: was in lakorn let give the non volience lakorn in the furtune a chance den we can go back to dis topic and debate again :dude:

sarN

sarNie Granny
Lolz thank you for that quote. I would like to add "Good girls like bad guys" "Life is a puzzle. Finding the Answer lies another." If anyone understand what I'm getting at lolz good job because I dont. Just kidding, it's related to this topic just that it's very broad. Let's write a uneducated essay. Since it'll be long I'll bold the ones i thought you should if you would like to read. Your choice.

Lolz I don't know which side I'm on. I'm going to say both to a certain extend. Lolz I'm like arguing with myself. It's pretty fun. But it's confusing me at the same time. So if you get confuse I don't blame you. ^_^"

Surprisingly I don't understand why only lakorn is brought up. R scene exist elsewhere beside the screen too you know. For example, some of the storyline came from novel, nee yai, and fanfic. In other words from books. R scene are not the only source for violence. Those killing, mystery, murder, horror books are all violence.
So producers thinks lakorn influence people? I suppose they are probably thinking "We should start it from somewhere instead of leaving it hanging and since lakorn are well known let's start here." I can see what their thinking because there are many weak minds out there that are easily sway by their surrounding(gullible). Alot of people don't lead. A good percentage of human being choose to sit back, relax, and have someone point fingers to which path they walk. I suppose those are the real target they are after and not the ones that can think.

My thoughts on "R scene" lakorn. I would be lying if I say i dislike it. But truth is I just prefer "r scene lakorn" because they tend to have better storyline please don't mistake that for the "r scene" alone. I personally like slap kiss scene hmmm r scene they are okay. I agree with the part about we all knew that the p'ek and nang'ek already develop feelings for one another so in our heart we fantasize to ourself that it's okay. Now if she didn't even know the guy and she was rape of course we'll feel very sad for her.

Don't you ever have the feeling when you are so into something your nerves are shaking, you're heart is pounding so loud that you want to release that tension or emotion that's boiling up your blood. I'm sure we all have had at least experience it once. An example from a lakorn, when the p'ek is so stubborn with his feeling he goes and does the opposite of what his heart desire. Always causing trouble with the nang'ek, viewing her as a bad person, and ticking her off. You get so frustrated with the p'ek so much that when there's a scene she slap him it's so sah jai that knot you've been holding in your chest just loosen. Just like someone mention killing 2 birds with 1 arrow. You get scene between pra'nang and the nang'ek won't loose her pride because she was force.

(off topic: makes me think of pete lakorn. I dont remember the name of the lakorn (3string violin something along that line). The part pete rape his nang'ek. In the beginning they slap each other back and forth in the rain then he rape her. I like how he told his brother. "I wouldn't do it if I didn't know the girl wasn't willing".)

Just like reading some of the post in here 4 example. those post that didn't agree with your train of thoughts. Didn't your nerves started to shake, your temperature started to rise rapidly tension that builds up when reading each and every word they wrote just ticks you off so much. You want to release it out. Then you just keep coming back to read more and more. Again and again even though you knew the outcome? Samething happens when we watch r scene lakorn. Not that we totally agree with it.

Each person express differently. Some express with words while others express with actions. I prefer action than words. Let's say if you're in a crowd and you saw a friend. You scream out his/her name but they didn't hear you. What would you do next. You would move closer and either pat them on the shoulder or touch them some how.

Now I always get confuse when they bring up the gender issue of dominating. Does it really matter on the gender? I always thought in a relationship they'll balance out each other strength and weakness. Where one lacks in something the other will help fill it in.

Male rape female makes them dominate. So then you'll give it the okay if the female rape the male? That way female will be dominate right? Oh wait then it wouldn't be equal huh? How about they take turn raping each other? Hmm no that wouldn't be romantic either hmm? Well you know what? I work with alot of adults and they tell me. Words don't mean anything to them anymore. Youngerhood, yes but after marriage they speak their mind though touching one another. Maybe age will change your mind? Who knows until we get older I suppose.

rape1 Pronunciation noun, verb, raped, rap·ing.
–noun.the unlawful compelling of a woman through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
2. any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.

Lakorn aka
dra·ma
–noun 1. a composition in prose or verse presenting in dialogue or pantomime a story involving conflict or contrast of character, esp. one intended to be acted on the stage; a play.

So it's a play involving conflict of character. So basically it's real life story with sugar and spice. Meaning they let you see everyone point of view through the play and there's some added details in there to make it more interesting.

Okay i'm yapping nonsense at you...I'll stop ja.

hey girl ! i admit , i was a bit lost there LOL prolly it just me. You sure u know wat u saying right ? LOL j/k !!

---but if she secretly/silently or through body language agrees is that still consider rape?

:lol: it call the art of seduction ! she is given in to his seducing . I think dat is consider "R" ? She doesn't want it but her body is draw in to lust . Is im saying dat right ? cuz im new to dis LOL . See wat u make me do girl !! :lol: *hide behind a pillow*

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
soooo....is the r and kiss slap gonna be removed? have they concluded this et?
R scenes...not that I enjoy them...it doesn't bother me much [varies in the lakorn]...not daying that I dont' think anything's wrong with rape in real life cause IT'S VERY WRONG! but come one...it's a LAKORN!!!sheesh...
but the kiss slap thing...I enjoy watching that...n'ek yelling at pr'ek or something, he kisses her and she smacks! him...and I most of the time am not bothered and actually like watching the screetching n'rais...they're hialrious!

tikklles

sarNie Adult
well, i guess they can take all those n'rai out and create more better and new plot without the violent n'rais being the one messing everything up.....that takes care of the violence as for the "R" scence, thai lakorn are famous for that....i admit sometimes it's ramantic in a way because we know the n'ek is willing but she is mad because of something, but most of the time it's really unnessary.....the slap/kiss is okay too, sometimes it's cute sometimes it is not...

Muddie Murda

smile...
WAIT! OMFG

"R-Scene" stand for Rape Scenes for you guys?!

LOL omfg I never knew that! o_O And I've been promoting it in our logo and stuff!

I just thought "R-Scene" meant sex scene. Oh lord........................!!!

I gotz to roll under a rock yo!

sarN

sarNie Granny
WAIT! OMFG

LOL omfg I never knew that! o_O And I've been promoting it in our logo and stuff!

LOLz . Girl , u remember Kobfanfiction right ? "R" scene was use for saying this part is rated r :lol: so member know wat they reading into . Dat how it branch out :loool:

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
WAIT! OMFG

gurl you so funny

Muddie Murda

smile...
Man! But you know in films, it's like "Rated R" for movies w/ sex scenes, and a lot of violence! I THOUGHT IT WAS THE SAME...

WAHHHH life changing new knowledge. lol I'll stop promoting the "R-Scene" stuff and making stuff for that word. :p

YOU NEVER TOLD ME SARN!

onahc

sarNie Elites
I have desperately tried to refrain from posting my thoughts on this subject for DAYS. I don’t want to add fire to the fire. But there are a couple of things that I want to add. First of all, I have to absolutely agree with Lynda and Lamour01 in that, rape is horrid and should never be deemed acceptable by any means of society. At the same time though, we are having this (pretty heated) debate for a reason, and that is because it addresses a social viewpoint that is based on other levels of what is considered to be “socially acceptable.�

Number one, Thai culture values purity and innocence. Behaving what would be considered “normal� in America would be considered slutty in Thailand. A prime example in: America’s Sweetheart or America’s “Girl-Next-Door� Jennifer Aniston has done a girl-girl kissing scene with Courtney Cox, and has shot a nude scene in her last movie The Break Up (although the film didn’t show any nudity, my point is, she was NUDE filming that scene). This hasn’t hindered her reputation at all because after all, Americans don’t think of this as a big deal. I assure you that Thailand’s Sweetheart would NOT be doing anything like this. I have to admire that. This is one of the biggest reasons why I LOVE Asian films and dramas versus Western films and dramas. It’s not all about sex, you know? It’s love not lust. There is a certain way girls are taught to carry themselves. They are taught to value themselves as human beings and that includes treating their bodies as though it is absolutely priceless. I love this idea. I personally live by this in my own life.

Number two, however there is a dilemma when it comes to dramas. How do they show a love scene between the p’ek and n’ek, if the n’ek is supposed to be a proper lady? Now I understand this predicament. What they do to insure an “acceptable� rape scene is this: they have developed DIFFERENT kinds of rape.

Rape #1: The BAD rape. This is the one that is violent, that scars somebody for the rest of their life. Think of the bad guy when he rapes the nang rai for example. Or the bad guy attempting to rape the sister of the p’ek but is unsuccessful.

I have my own views on rape. To me, whether she wants it or not, she said no. No is no. This is just my own personal view on this. I don’t mean to impose my beliefs on others. But the whole reason why I’m posting this is because I wanted to add to what has already been said so far on both sides.

To be honest, I’m excited that they’re going for the less-typical plot lines. What this mean or what it SHOULD mean is that the story will be developed more so, the characters will (hopefully) become more complexed, not just your typical cookie-cutter “nice� n’ek, bitchy nang rai, etc. The key to holding an audience for that long is not only entertainment, but also the complexity of characters—which I’m excited for Thai lakorns to move into this direction. If anybody here watches the Chinese series, Condor Heroes, you know what I mean.

*sigh* OK. I think I said all that I have wanted to say, and hopefully I didn’t step on anyone’s toes. I really don’t want anyone to leave this post feeling angered or disappointed. But with an issue such as rape in lakorns, I know it might have to be that way.

Kudos to you, very well said.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
Interesting topic and debate here. Xtina well said. I personally think censorship sucks and not sure exactly what this banning of rape scenes and other stuff will accomplish. I think it all stems from Thailand becoming more and more influenced by Western ideals and yet wanting to keep their own tradition alive and kicking.

Did you know that a whole lot of Thai lakorns are ripped off from American romance novels? I don't read them but anytime a lakorn comes out my sister always says that and that is so and so book. I was rewatching Willy/Mew's Tam Hua Jai, the one in the desert on Youtube and my sister comes in and says did you know that's a book called Daughter of Hassan written in like 1980? She dug out the book for me in her collection and I sat down to read it since I liked the lakorn. Its exactly the same thing, right down to the names. And I think therein comes the whole rape dilemma. In these books its seduction and in lakorns its outright rape. Its either people don't know the line between seduction and rape or like Xtina said, there's no way to reconcile sex before marriage with the Thai ideal of women so they solve it by making it rape.

In real life rape in any way, shape or form is wrong and if a girl says no then its no. But I don't mind it in lakorns because I've gotten used to it growing up watching it and it does add spice. Most lakorns, the rape seems to be the climax of the series so without it, it'd be somewhat boring. Weird thing is if I saw rape romanticized in American serials or movies I'd have a cow over it and would start writing letters to bash some people.

sarN

sarNie Granny
i know dat "Ruk diew kong Jenjira" willy/joy was from a novel by Charlote Bronte " Jane Eyre " after i found out ii check out the book and read it but it was kind of hard to understand cuz it was written in 18th century haha but i know the book is better den the lakorn and there was some similarity and difference . If i remember correctly in the Novle Willy's character is way older den Jane . He was in his 40s and wasn't good looking like Willy is in the lakorn .Also , in the novle he goes blind and den Jane marry him and they have a baby together it wasn't for a couple year later his sight was staring to come back .

max

sarNie Elites
WAIT! OMFG

LOL, SAME WITH ME! Until I read some stuff in here, lol. KEKE!