Proposition 8

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
gosh you're just like my sis monstaness.. lolss

anyways i see it both ways.. like i said, as long as they dont bother me.. its all good... :D
lol..srry. i dont want to be an ass about this topic...lol its the college environment that's affectin me...lol lets just end it at this and keep it cool.

Alhambra1

sarNie Juvenile
Watching the count right now and it look like it might pass, up by 2% so far, but there are still over a million votes not count yet, anything is possible.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Although, i believe everyone has the right to love anyone they want but if you vote NO. there will be less people on this earth.. lol..
haha you guys are funny. no matter if you guys vote YES or NO it won't really matter. if they want to get married then they'll still get marry no matter what. PROP 8 is if we want to give them the title that they're married only. Why vote YES when amendment 1 apply to everyone. Why would you want to take away their love? If I could vote, i would pick neither cuz i say yes and no to PROP 8. i say no cuz they have their rights and i say yes cuz i don't want my kids in the future to be learning about gay/lesbian in school.
For Californian peeps, I voted no on prop 8, but I am sadden to see that it was passed. Co-habitating isn’t such a bad option. And on the other hand, I am not a believer in marriage certification anyways. Ahahaha I am a believer that a couple doesn’t need their names to be written on some sort of special paper to specify that they are married.

YM_gurl, I have to disagree on that. Isn’t it a good thing that there will be less people. By the way we have too many people on this earth anyways. Now I think that you are referring to war. Now that is… just killing off too many people.

And plus there will be other options: consider adopting, boy we got so many children in need of a home that it’s not even funny. And of course they’re sperm bank. It’s not like if Prop 8 didn’t pass, half the world wouldn’t turn gay.

azngirl90, sooner or later your children will know and they possibly could be gay… you may never know. By not teaching our children to accept gay people they learn to discriminate those who are gay/lesbians. And aren’t we pass discrimination in our history. It still exist today why would we want to promote it unconciously.

About the high divorce rate in the US, it isn’t accurate because a large amount of population are not registered as a couple. Co-habitation is popular and it is not counted in the divorce rate.

Alhambra1

sarNie Juvenile
I can't believed that it passed. Just another way for government to control the people. First it was the so call "Patriot Act" and now they're telling us who we can and can't marry with Prop. 8.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
I hope it does. Seriously...no one should have the right to determine who you can and can't marry other than yourself. Are we not America anymore? Supposely, the land of the free??? That's just not right.

And all these BS about mandated teachings in schools...wtf??? I mean, we ALL were exposed to gay/lesbians when we were young, both in and out of school. We knew they exist when we were younger. No one really had to teach us anything. Well...at least that holds true for me and people I know.

Say whatever...I still think it's wrong.

4y0u1lL

sarNie Egg
I hope it does. Seriously...no one should have the right to determine who you can and can't marry other than yourself. Are we not America anymore? Supposely, the land of the free??? That's just not right.

And all these BS about mandated teachings in schools...wtf??? I mean, we ALL were exposed to gay/lesbians when we were young, both in and out of school. We knew they exist when we were younger. No one really had to teach us anything. Well...at least that holds true for me and people I know.

Say whatever...I still think it's wrong.
hi-5!!!

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
prop 8 is going to the supreme court
tat's great...but here's my view...

gosh! some ppl and there old mindset..anyways i honestly tink they should leave it up to the states to decide if they allow same sex marriage..if ur state allow same sex marriage and u're are THAT disgusted with the whole idea then move away to a different state that doesn't allow it...or the other way around..like come to California so u can get ur marriage license :lol:

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
For Californian peeps, I voted no on prop 8, but I am sadden to see that it was passed. Co-habitating isn’t such a bad option. And on the other hand, I am not a believer in marriage certification anyways. Ahahaha I am a believer that a couple doesn’t need their names to be written on some sort of special paper to specify that they are married.

YM_gurl, I have to disagree on that. Isn’t it a good thing that there will be less people. By the way we have too many people on this earth anyways. Now I think that you are referring to war. Now that is… just killing off too many people.

And plus there will be other options: consider adopting, boy we got so many children in need of a home that it’s not even funny. And of course they’re sperm bank. It’s not like if Prop 8 didn’t pass, half the world wouldn’t turn gay.

azngirl90, sooner or later your children will know and they possibly could be gay… you may never know. By not teaching our children to accept gay people they learn to discriminate those who are gay/lesbians. And aren’t we pass discrimination in our history. It still exist today why would we want to promote it unconciously.

About the high divorce rate in the US, it isn’t accurate because a large amount of population are not registered as a couple. Co-habitation is popular and it is not counted in the divorce rate.
Fun4Fun did u like read my post and then post urs cuz OMG! our posts are so much alike :blink:

:lol: did some researching..tat was a whole hoax..the education system has no right to teach those kind of things in school without parental approval for ex. family life or sex life education we had in like 6 grade...we had to have parent approval...so if one day ur kids start learning these tings than it meant u didn't read wat ur kids brought home well enough...and anyways...i'm not trying to be mean..but if u want to protect them from learning about homosexuals...good luck..if u don't alreadi realize...kids pay a whole lot more attention to the entertainment than they do to school...homosexuality is everywhere now a days..movies / t.v. / music / net / outdoors sometimes...good luck....

lol there is not enough gays in this world to lessen the population dramatically....but if there is...look to the positive side..for one our earth is alreadie overcrowded..if there were less ppl...it's actuallie better...and for another..a lot of homosexual couples do want kids...so like for lesbians they would go get sperms inplanted in them...otherwise they will adopt...better for the children of the world..goodness the orphanages are way over crowded

and yes they can move in together..but don't you want the title of "marriage" wen u get together with the person u love? everyone wants recognition and we can't deny that...and marriage comes along with a number of benefits...such as owning property together...there are so many benefits...good example "Chuck & Larry" why did u tink they pretend to be GAY? the benefits of marriage

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Shoot...my computer's been dead for the longest and I'm missing out on all these debates. Haven't been able to spam in the Thai forum either. I have so much to express about Prop 8, but it's a bit late now that it's almost over. Think they still half a million votes to count.

Don't know if the passing Prop 8 affects anyone, but it does affect me. One of my best friends is a lesbian. She is currently dating a Chinese girl. They both were very upset. They cried. It's not fair.

max

sarNie Elites
This is so upsetting, but I am not that surprised, considering how many people are against same-sex marriages. (Sighs). *SAD FACE TO ALL OF THOSE AGAINST SAME-SEX MARRIAGES*