Reason why the old forum wasn't restored

darvil

sarNie Adult
Well there is only reason why it wasn't restored.

Basically I messed up! :angry: I was suppose to backup which I did. The problem was that the backups I did were corrupted.. all of them! I didn't double check which was a big mistake. The major reasons why they were bad was because I was using phpmyadmin which I found out glitch out if the database was big. Sarn's forum is quite a big file :lol: Only after this I noticed that some of the older backups were actually bigger then the newer backups. I should have noticed that. Basically the newer backups should be bigger size since more info has been entered.

Anyway I kinda like this new forum. Its much more powerful and there are some nice mods for it. :D

Also even if the backup was a complete restore, I couldn't find a way to convert the phpbb database to the Invision board. Basically I think the only way to convert was to pay invision to do it for a fee. We're cheap! No way I want to pay for it. :rolleyes: sarN would probably pay for it though :lol: We would have been stuck with the old forum.

The only thing that really hurts is the fact that 10 megs of text was lost. And by that I mean the forum posts and replies. Thats enough text for a few books. Actually quite a few books. Also people have to reregister and that sucks.. It sucks but I guess this is like a fresh start for us! :lol:

As for backups.. Now something like what happened to the old forum will never happen again. I've installed MySQL adminstrator. Basically it automatically backups every 2 days (which I think is good enuff). No more silly corruption anymore.

So lets posts like crazy again! This time the info will be safe. :lol:

LaLa23x23

sarNie Elites
im confused lol...haha sorry im so illiterate about comps..well sorta. but i like this new forum, its actually faster than the old one too..

Bou

sarNie Adult
wow i was juss reading what you wrote...and i have no idea what chu said!hahha im so confused like lala23x23 said im soo illiterate wen it comes to computers and technology!but i am glad the forum is up and it is a lot faster than the old forum!thanks for the interesting information which i didnt realli understand lolz

sunisa

thxs for the info Darvil...i understand sum and confused sum.i'm not very literate when it comes to comps.

Kkrystal

สุภาพบุรุษจุฑาเทพ
lolz its okay tim...I understand you...

My poor stuff...aigOo...

LuvLakorns

sarNie Elites
It' s probaly a lot better starting fresh again... even though it might take a little longer...

Kkrystal

สุภาพบุรุษจุฑาเทพ
invision board are always better than phbb..plus they have more features.

darvil

sarNie Adult
dylan183 said:
I think that the new forum is faster than old forum. The server might be better. ($$$Money?)
[post="942"][/post]​
I think its alot faster then the old forum. But some people been telling me its really slow for them so I'm lil confused.

Either case the server is definately better. Its a fast machine (so I was told). We're being hosted by someone who is registered on this forum. Its a secret who that person is. :p

That person is too cool!

K

KawaiiTennyo

it's okay .. it's better now.. a new start for us .. post whores.. except when people steal yer thread because they signed up first!!! *humph hahahaha im never gonna let this go huh? hahah ^_^

darvil

sarNie Adult
KawaiiTennyo said:
it's okay .. it's better now.. a new start for us .. post whores.. except when people steal yer thread because they signed up first!!! *humph hahahaha im never gonna let this go huh? hahah ^_^
[post="1006"][/post]​
Man I'm still laughing over this. :lol:

K

KawaiiTennyo

Darvil said:
Man I'm still laughing over this. :lol:
[post="1010"][/post]​
NOT FUNNY! hahah im just very posessive >.< or just a strange case of my OCD hahahh jp.. stop laughing :( cuz im serious about it .. imma DELETE!! DELETE I TELL YA!!! DELETE!! hahah okay back on topic .. hopefully you guys can like change the colors and stuff and put pictures on here and give us mods cool color sns hahahah ^_^ but for now good job!!! im very happy!! :lol:

darvil

sarNie Adult
KawaiiTennyo said:
NOT FUNNY! hahah im just very posessive >.< or just a strange case of my OCD hahahh jp.. stop laughing :( cuz im serious about it .. imma DELETE!! DELETE I TELL YA!!! DELETE!! hahah okay back on topic .. hopefully you guys can like change the colors and stuff and put pictures on here and give us mods cool color sns hahahah ^_^ but for now good job!!! im very happy!! :lol:
[post="1013"][/post]​
Yea these cool stuff will depend on muddie.. She propose and sarN must approve.. I will object if things become TOO pink. ;)

darvil

sarNie Adult
Muddie MuRda said:
omg pink totally rocks!

Darvie...waht's ur fav color? i will base it on that then!
[post="1095"][/post]​
Don't put that stress on me! :p

watever that looks nice. B)