Resumes

noungning

Heartless
i've been updating my resume, so i can get better jobs & maybe rack in some more cash lol

is anyone a new grad, an old grad, or simply working on their resume? i need a good resume template, i've had the same one for some time and it's just annoying so i guess starting a thread will get me somewhere... because i know there are a lot of high school grads or college grads... the usual microsoft resumes are blah!!! hehe so if ne one wants to talk about resumes...post please!!! :p :D :rolleyes:

noungning

Heartless
No, it depends on what kind of jobs...if it is required then yes, but usually in the states we don't because this a highly risky requirement due to discrimination. :D

LDi

sarNie Hatchling
There are some great sites out there that even cater to what kind of major you have. Ex: engineering resume template, cover letters ect. vs a social work resume.

noungning

Heartless
yeah microsoft has the templates that does that too on microsoft. just a little boring... no not a little, but a whole lot...

dfemc

sarNie Adult
i'll try to drop one by...is this for a technical position or a management type position?

slee00

sarNie Adult
I update mine every year. I like mine alot! I have it done professionally before and just keep adding stuff to it each year. I also have a copy of the cover letter too. Let me know if you like to use see mine as a sample. I can email it to you...

noungning

Heartless
this would be for any positions, i'm looking for a new job and need a good template because mine is a bit lame at the moment... thanks slee00 email me

AF4aZns

sarNie Egg
Hi! I'm a recent graduate. I also need help with my resume too. I suck when it comes to these kind of things lol. Will someone please send me a sample professional template or give me examples? Thank you in advance!

noungning

Heartless
sabrina you're so helpful!!

tips though from my hr life experience... people skims the things in 15 secs. u want to put lots of numbers in the sections... like GPA 3.5 or worked with over
$40000 per day. it's a great attention grabber... NUMBERS