"Roy Mai" vs. "Tae Bpang Gaun"

LOL:)

sarNie Juvenile
So, after watching "Roy Mai" with Aum and Aff, I find it similar to Num and Ann's "Tae Bpang Gaun" back from 2006. Anyone else think so?

tinah

sarNie Coma
Yep very similiar to one another but I find tae parng korn much more interesting. The pace for roy mai was so slow and boring that I had to stop.

sarNie Juvenile
Yeah, I find "Tae Bpang Gaun" more interesting too but personally, I think "Roy Mai" isn't so bad. And true, there isn't any horror in "Tae Bpang Gaun" like there is in "Roy Mai". I think the ghost really isn't necessary in "Roy Mai". I mean, how the hell did Bua Ngern "raise" the ghost anyway? LOL

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Similar
- Ghost tells n'ek her past life
- death pulled apart pra'nang in the first lifetime.
- N'Rai is still vengeful even after n'ek dies and attempts to kill n'ek in the 2nd lifetime.
- ManKaew and Maneerin are "Jao Nang Noi"

Different
- p'ek is the ghost
- in TPG. the 1st life, P'ek and n'ek got to have a wedding.
- n'ek dies first in TBG, RM p'ek dies first
- TBG has 3 lifetimes while RM has 2
- n'ek falls in love with the ghost in TPG
- RM had 2 brothers falling for n'ek. TPG in the 1st life, the only one who loved n'ek was p'ek.

sarNie Juvenile
Similar
- Ghost tells n'ek her past life
- death pulled apart pra'nang in the first lifetime.
- N'Rai is still vengeful even after n'ek dies and attempts to kill n'ek in the 2nd lifetime.
- ManKaew and Maneerin are "Jao Nang Noi"

Different
- p'ek is the ghost
- in TPG. the 1st life, P'ek and n'ek got to have a wedding.
- n'ek dies first in TBG, RM p'ek dies first
- TBG has 3 lifetimes while RM has 2
- n'ek falls in love with the ghost in TPG
- RM had 2 brothers falling for n'ek. TPG in the 1st life, the only one who loved n'ek was p'ek.
Wow, good observation! It refreshes my memory of "Tae Bpang Gaun" even more.

fun

Expired Sarnie
As for development wise, TPG takes the cake by a landslide. If it is chemistry RM is the winner. Overall I prefer TPG. They had a solid plotline and even though it dragged, I didn't find it one bit boring. It was innovating and beautifully written. As for RM if it wasn't for Jao Noi and Jao Nang Noi beautiful love story, it would have been a big flop in my book. I didn't care for Rerin and Siriwong story as there wasn't reaaly any and all the unneccessary side characters were put into no use.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I gotta say Anne and Num's version of TPG compared to the old version was pretty bad. I thought it was a little long, in the 2nd lifetime Rachawadee was overly tortured by Aom Sakaojai's character. Nok Chatchai and Nok Jariya's version was much better, it didn't drag and it had a nice pace and length. As much as Anne did a good job with the role i just wish they chose someone more Lao looking.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
I can't compare RM and TPG since I only watched the first episode of the latter. I stopped there because I didn't feel thrilled enough. About RM I loved the acting (best of he year for me), the culture theme which was well executed, the soundtrack (for the first time a thai music interested me), the chemistry between the actors. But I didn't like how the director waste time on unworthy character. In the middle of the drama Rerin and Suriya had no development. However they started well. A lakorn like RM deserves the length of a Sageuk because there too many things to explain. But nevertheless this lalorn made really love Ateam as a couple and appreciate Aff, Chai and Aum acting.

tinah

sarNie Coma
one of the things i liked about TBG was the beautiful ost! it had such good meanings. it made me totally "in" with the lakorn and drawn into the love between the pra'nang.

-AyLove-

sarNie OldFart
the other day i came across the summary of TBG and it is very similar to RM. first thing pop up in my head was Roy Mai.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
goodness, i can't compare since i love them both.. they were both great, but ost-wise.. i give it to tpg .. they had a really good ost that i still even remember to this day and randomly blurt and sing out to lol..

rm's ost was good but i felt like it kept getting repeated.. just like jai rao's ost.. but the ost is still really really good as well.. :)

chemistry-wise on the pra'nangs.. i give it to ATEAM though.. i found it more believable.. (not being ateam-bias here) ..

lakorn-wise.. i aint judging it.. THEY'RE BOTH GREAT!!!

shengvang

sarNie Adult
one of the things i liked about TBG was the beautiful ost! it had such good meanings. it made me totally "in" with the lakorn and drawn into the love between the pra'nang.
yup. That is very true! All of the ost was beautiful!

rakcharm

sarNie Juvenile
oh man what a coincidence i just started roy mai and i'm thinking, ain't this like tae pang korn or what? can't compare since i'm only on epi 2. sad to hear no development on aum and aff during the present time cuz that's what i'd like to see right now! the way aum looked at aff gave me butterflies it's love at first sight!

anyway, i don't know what about TPG (only saw num and ann version) but i just love that lakorn that i didn't want it to end. totally agree with fun. the music was so beautiful, the actors, and everything! i really wanted awards for that show.

Mann

I enjoyed Tae Parng Gorn wayyyy more. Aum and Aff were hot but I quit halfway although I didn't want to. I might catch up again but in the end, TPG takes the cake hehe.

blissfulxoxo

sarNie Oldmaid
I loved TPK! ^__^ My favorite classic. I didn't know ROY MARN is similar to it, now that I know I should give it a try eh?!