[RTEAM FF] Rak Nai Ngao Glied- CH.3 (1/22/15)

fun said:
I still feel bitter that KKKJ was their only successful lakorn. I enjoyed all their lakorns together even Buang. I need a reunion quick. Rome sort of died down in popularity due to his poor choice in lakorns. I really do miss him.
Yeah, I know... Buang was my second favorite lakorn from them. I started on and loved the few episodes of Sroy Saeng Jun but it got soo boring!!! But, Rome was such a cutie in there!

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Talking about Rteam's previous lakorns together, I thought that KKKJ was one of the best. I also loved Gae Roy Ruk too. Buang was a great one. Their character was so mature in there even though I hated Rome's character when he was under the spell. lol Sroy Saeng Jun was okay. I was a tad bit upset with the ending. :( I really miss Rteam now. Somebody needs to reunite these two. Hopefully it'll be a good lakorn this time around, again. :D

roselovesice said:
Talking about Rteam's previous lakorns together, I thought that KKKJ was one of the best. I also loved Gae Roy Ruk too. Buang was a great one. Their character was so mature in there even though I hated Rome's character when he was under the spell. lol Sroy Saeng Jun was okay. I was a tad bit upset with the ending. :( I really miss Rteam now. Somebody needs to reunite these two. Hopefully it'll be a good lakorn this time around, again. :D
Oh crap! Almost forgot about Gae Roy Rak! I'm gonna admit that I haven't seen it yet... eeks...

Character Introduction
 ​
Nawin Siriwong (Kao Jirayu)- the youngest of the Siriwong family, Nawin is the cool and carefree brother with the most friendliest personality; anyone who meets him will like him and women are attracted to his charming appearance and smile. He could care less about the family business and leaves it up to his two older brothers to manage, much to his mother’s disliking because he is the smartest of his brothers. A versatile individual, he is multi-talented proving to be a successful photographer, a music prodigy, and a great chef.
Nawit Siriwong (Nadech Kugimiya)- the middle of the three Siriwong brothers, Nawit could be described as the workaholic; he rarely or never finds time for himself and has never been in a relationship because of lack of self-confidence; he is also a clean/ neat freak that everything has to be perfect for him; a very handsome young man and the true definition of a hi-so, Nawit captures the heart of many women but because of his pickiness, no one wants to deal with him.
Narong Siriwong (Rome Pachata)- the eldest of the Siriwong brothers who doesn’t believe in love and happy endings because he hates his life; he lives his life day to day and does what he does to make his mother happy; he works just to work and is engaged because his mother had arranged it for him; Narong enjoys outdoors and nature and often escapes his extravagant city-life to have his own time; a handsome gentleman who is the sweetest and most caring a man can be, and also the most supportive of his youngest brother, Nawin
.​

Prologue
 ​
Do not look back. Narong had to repeatedly remind himself that all that has happened would and should remain in the past. What is now broken should remain in this disastrous state because he no longer had the integrity to mend the pieces back into a whole. He had completely fallen apart, his mind, body, and soul were far from unity as he didn't have a mind at the moment, his body was numb, and his soul had wandered off long ago. He had killed himself alive, swallowed into an agonizing state of the worst break-up he never wanted to imagine.
"Narong!"
No, he could not turn around to see that pretty face of hers drenched in tears because the pain that he had inflicted upon her was unbearable for him to witness. No matter how much she cried out his name, the amount of tears that dripped from her eyes to the ground, her begging on both knees, he could not turn back now. He will never turn back because from this point onward, he will not be the same man.
"Narong, don't go!"
The more she cried and pleaded, the more his heart ached and longed for her warm embrace. Oh how he just wanted to turn back around, run towards her and take her whole body into his arms, squeeze her tightly, never let her go, and just freeze time right then and there. If only he was a superhero and she, his love interest, that a happy ending seemed more promising. However, Narong couldn't escape reality. At the end of the day, he was just the bad guy, a powerless being that deserves no praise of being a man. He was the loser.
It was when he reached his car that he broke down. Narong was drenched from head to toe, from his own tears and the seemingly everlasting rain. He pounded his fists into the driver-side window, and after several powerful punches, shattered the glass almost entirely leaving only ragged, uneven pieces intact at the edges. Some of the fragments pierced into his skin cutting into his flesh. The blood that gushed out fused in with the pool of rainwater around him and left several burgundy specks on his car door. Narong collapsed onto the wet ground and cried loudly in the storm, hammering his own chest with his bloodied fists. He was still the loser.

***Kind of heart-wrenching and violent for just a prologue but allow me to apologize beforehand to a somewhat R-rated story***

Chapter One

Tsk, tsk. The 21-year old, Nawin Siriwong, stared at the thick black binder placed before him, handed to him by his beloved mother, Khun Ying Lerlaksami Siriwong, who currently wore the expression of a bomb that was ticking away and on the verge of exploding. After all these years of raising him, she should know her youngest son well by now to establish a firm belief that he, Nawin Siriwong, must not be counted on for punctuality, especially when it came to business affairs. It just wasn't his "thing".
It was exactly a week ago that she had given him this same binder to look at, study, and devise a good plan to increase sales of their company's jewelry production. He had also told her then that he should not be held responsible for a satisfactory result since it wasn't any of his business. As a matter of fact, it was his older brothers' jobs, who both are non-present at the moment to save Nawin's skin as he was about to be chewed off...again.
"One week! You had a whole week to do this and yet, you've done nothing!"
Khun Ying Lerlaksami slammed the binder onto her son's desk when he didn't take it from her, only sitting there comfortably in his office chair and twirling his fancy marble pen. He had gotten used to scenes like this since he was first officially introduced to the company. That was the day Nawin realized such professional atmosphere wasn't exactly his cup of tea.
"All you do is go out, every single day! You're not tired of it but I am! I am tired of putting up with your slacking!"
Blah, blah, blah. Nawin allowed his mother to go on and on as for as long as she could go. He could recite the next line as all of her words were embedded in his brain.
"How many times do I have to tell you?! You are an heir to this company; make yourself useful, not just go out every day doing meaningless things!"
That is untrue. It's not like he goes out and involves himself with drugs and alcohol, or anything of that sort. There is no way his mother will understand, though. Nawin had never intended of getting her to understand either because her reactions would not be worth the shot.
"I am tired of telling you the same thing nearly every day!"
Her tone lightened a bit now and Nawin finally put his pen back into the penholder on his desk. He would dismiss himself when she was officially done, and when her tone lightened like this, he knew it was almost time for his freedom.
"If you don't want to work, then get married and settle down."
Nawin finally looked up. This last line was unexpected and came as a total shock to him. His eyes widened and then, there was a short pause. Did he hear clearly?
"After you get married, you will grow up," Khun Ying Lerlaksami added.
Yep, he had indeed interpreted correctly and there was no way he was going to agree to that either.
"No," Nawin said flatly.
"You don't have a say in this!" his mother snapped. "I've already found the perfect girl for you and you will meet her tomorrow."
"Wha...
"And that's final."
That was it. She then stomped out of his office with her three-inch heels, which made a clickety clackety sound as she walked down the corridor to the elevator. Damn it. How could he just let it end like that? Usually, he was the one that got up and left without a single word. Nawin bit his lip and tried to think of a plan to escape his mother's set up tomorrow. There was no way in heaven or hell that he was going to meet this girl. No damn way. Period.

"No!"
Thidararath reassured her response, this time louder and serious, "NO! There is no way I am marrying a guy I don't know!"
She knew she didn't have the right to speak when it came to discussions like this. No matter what she said or did, her parents will never understand, or even try to. She had just returned home from completing her studies after seven years in America, where she should've stayed to continue for a master's degree instead of coming home to pre-arranged wedding bells by her so-called beloved parents. She is only 20-years old, too young to be married and have a family. There is so much that she wants to do and haven't done yet.
"Da, we would never let you marry someone you don't know," said her mother in the most soothing, calm tone.
Khun Ying Pojjanee put one arm around her daughter's shoulders and patted the side of her head, hoping that this stubborn daughter of hers will listen and calm down a bit.
"I don't care if I know him or not," Thidararath argued. "I am not ready to get married!"
"But you must!" Khun Chai Tarntong exclaimed at the top of his lungs. "Before Khun Chai Naradon Siriwong passed away, we had an agreement! He is my best friend and I don't want to break that promise!"
This seems to make no sense at all now. Thidararath glared at her father while her mother tried to cool her down. She didn't have a say in this anyways so why even waste her energy to argue back and forth? It was a total waste of time.
"You will meet him tomorrow," Khun Chai Naradon added. 
"Whatever," Thidararath muttered.
She will be gone before sunrise the next day. Might as well save her energy for her escape then. It was her cleverness and high IQ that earned Thidararath her college degree early. At only 20-years old, she definitely isn't the average young woman. Thidararath Wongwilas is much more than that.
Sunrise couldn't come early enough for Thidararath. It was a good idea that she had skipped dinner because she was able to squeeze in more sleep before quietly and carefully opening her balcony window to escape her fate. Right now was a good time to chase after her freedom. Once she opens that window and jumps down the five-feet balcony, her life will be in her own hands. No one could tell her what to do, who to marry, and when to marry. Thidararath shuddered at the nuptial thought, exchanging vows with a man that she didn't even know, and...oh, forget it. She shouldn't be thinking about that right now. Her whole life depended on this escape and she should focus more on how to break free from this nonsense and where to go afterwards. After getting herself together, Thidararath opened the windows of her balcony, looked below at the dark ground, and took a deep breath, then exhaled. The digital LED clock on her nightstand read 3:43 am; if she waited until sunrise, she would never be able to escape because by then, the servants would be up to do their early morning chores and cook breakfast, followed by preparing the meal for merit. Thidararath did not want to take her chances, but it was still pitch black outside. She then made up her mind that she had to go now and will figure out where to settle later. 
"Alright," she said quietly to herself, looking below at the dark ground again.
She grabbed her large duffel bag and tossed it over the balcony. Then, she climbed over the marble rail, gripping it tightly as she swung one foot over at a time, finally jumping down to a soft landing on her duffel bag.
"Good job, Da," she panted. "Pretty good accuracy."
After praising herself, she swung the large, heavy bag over her shoulders and broke into a light run. Quietly and carefully, she crept through the metal door of their gated residence, closing it cautiously so that it would not make a sound. Thidararath took one look at her home and waved goodbye from the street. She glanced at her watch and read 4:00 am. In exactly an hour, the servants would be up and it would not take long before they find out that she is gone and report it to her parents. She had an hour to mysteriously disappear as far as possible from home.

"Thank you."
Nawin took his room key from the leasing manager and thanked her again for such a speedy assistance amid his personal emergency. From the moment he entered Amari Residence, he knew he was going to love living there. He more than looked forward to it. Anything was better than living at home right now. He needed to escape his own life for once, the life of Nawin Siriwong, the youngest heir of Siriwong wealth and family businesses, but most of all, to escape his pre-arranged and surprise marriage to some woman he didn't even know the name of. Forget it. He wasn't going to think about it anymore.
After putting away all of his clothes, he went to bed right away. Nawin didn't even bother to shower or change; he was so tired, drained of all of his energy from devising an escape plan last night. It was a good thing that he left before sunrise because if anybody rose before him, he was sure that he would not be able to escape. 
Nawin's sleep was interrupted several hours later by loud voices outside of his new condo. Angry but curious, he went out to see what the commotion was all about.
"...I'm not paying!"
"Well, good luck finding a new luxury condo!"
"30% off!"
"I'm sorry!"
"HEY!" Nawin bellowed at the pair of quarreling women.
He recognized the one on the right was the leasing manager, the same woman who had assisted him earlier when he bought his condo. She nodded apologetically at Nawin, who watched as she turned around and continued exchanging words with the other woman but in a lower tone.
"Nee khun ka, this is not an apartment or a hotel room that you can get at any rate," said the leasing manager.
"I told you that I only have card right now! I will give you cash and pay in full later! Just lower the price 30% right now; how hard can that be?!"
Nawin scratched the back of his head and gritted his teeth. This woman's voice seemed to get louder and louder each time she opened her mouth to speak. 
"Nee khun! Can you lower your voice a little?! I am sleeping here! This is not a marketplace where you can bargain for low prices at the top of your lungs!"
"I'm sorry," said the woman.
She sighed.
"Look, I've been on the run all morning; I am very tired and running out of patience."
Nawin stared at her and thought that she sounded a lot like him.
"How about this? Khun Thidararath ka, why don't you fill out the lease contract first and we can talk about payments later?" the leasing manager suggested.
This sounded more like it. Thidararath thanked the woman and apologized for causing a scene. It wasn't in her nature to get offended easily and spark arguments but she was too exhausted and definitely running on her last drop of patience. Besides, 7 am was definitely too early to having a bad day already. She wasn't looking forward to a bad day. 
"I'm sorry."
Thidararath apologized to Nawin for interrupting his sleep. Though he wasn't expecting an apology, he kindly nodded and eyed her as she walked by. Some woman, he thought.

As it usually is every single day, the Siriwong household was peaceful in the mornings, except for the minor clattering from the dining room where the servants set up the breakfast table. They had just finished placing the last plate down when their young jao nai walked in at the front door. He was a dapper and elegant young man. Nawit came in carrying his suit jacket and was undoing his tie when Bpa Duan walked up to greet him. She also informed him that his younger brother, Nawin, was not home.
"How about Khun Mae?" Nawit asked, afraid to imagine his mother's reaction that her youngest son wasn't home.
Bpa Duan replied that she hasn't awoken yet. Nawit nodded and told the nanny to tell her that he had sent Nawin out early this morning for a business meeting. Bpa Duan seemed unsure but Nawit insisted and reassured that everything will be alright. A good lie was the only way to retain his mother's normal state this morning and Nawit was sure a natural at acting.
"Why didn't you come home last night?" Khun Ying Lerlaksami asked her second son over the breakast table about half an hour later. "Did you know that I was worried?"
Nawit replied that he had spent the night at his personal assistant, Wattana's house. Due to the heavy workload placed upon them this past week, they stayed up late nights to get as much done as possible, and last night was no exception. Nawit added that he didn't want to drive home in the dark so Wattana asked him to sleepover, much to Nawit's disapproval. He initially resisted because he wasn't the type of person that could just sleep anywhere, but he couldn't blame Wattana's kindness either so he gave in and made himself comfortable the guest room.
"You don't have to work so hard," Khun Ying Lerlaksami told her son. "All you ever do is work, work, work."
Nawit smiled and told his mother not to worry. It is in a mother's nature to worry about their children but it is a different case with Nawit. Since he was an adolescent, his mother never had to worry about him because she knew that this second son would never bring her trouble or cause her disappointment. Out of her three sons, Nawit was the one she worried least about. Yet, she still cared for him as if he were a precious diamond.
Nawit wiped his mouth and stood up from the table.
"Where are you going?" Khun Ying Lerlaksami asked him.
"I'm going to pick up P'Rong from the airport," Nawit replied.
"I thought his plane doesn't land until 12 pm," said Khun Ying Lerlaksami, confused as to why the time was changed from afternoon to morning.
"It has been changed to 10 am," Nawit told her. "Bye Mom."
Khun Ying Lerlaksami was left to finish breakfast all by herself, only surrounded by kon-chais, waiting to please her and fulfill her requests.

"Just park here."
Nawit pointed to an empty spot adjacent to the doors of the gate where his older brother, Narong, should be walking out soon. Wattana pulled in and parked and the pair then entered the airport, just in time to see Narong walking out of through the gate. Narong smiled at his younger brother and Wattana and patted the two on the back, then thanking them for picking up him up. Afterwards came an explanation that Nawit and Wattana should've left the task to their driver, Cham.
"We've much to talk about anyway," Nawit told his brother. "It's not a big deal."
Narong joked that Nawit was too into work that it scares him sometimes. He worries that Nawit will unexpectedly fall ill due to his workaholic nature.
"Good thing we have you, Wat," said Narong. "Without you, we would have a lot to worry about."
Wattana smiled and said it was no big deal because it was his job. They were all like brothers anyway so too much gratitude was unnecessary.
"How's Nawin doing?" Narong asked the two after they had all gotten into the black Mercedes-Benz sedan.
Nawit replied and went into detail of Nawin's running away from home. They all agreed that he was no longer a child so there was nothing to worry about. Narong was even slightly jealous of his rebellious younger brother because more than anything, he wished that he could've done the same thing when his mother pre-arranged an engagement for him several years ago. Narong wished that he had the courage to run away back then so that he wouldn't have to live the life now, which was made up of nothing but pain from the past that still haunts him. He felt like a total loser.

Reactions: fun

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
I just realized...the first chapter is up. Lol. Silly me. :lol2: I loved it!!!! :heart: :heart: Kao and Mo are both running away from their marriage. :lol2: Their story is going to be the most exciting I can tell. :coverlaf: I wanna learn more about Rome's past. :yes: Update when you can, Thatsouthernasianchick!! :clap2:

Anonymous95 said:
I just realized...the first chapter is up. Lol. Silly me. :lol2: I loved it!!!! :heart: :heart: Kao and Mo are both running away from their marriage. :lol2: Their story is going to be the most exciting I can tell. :coverlaf: I wanna learn more about Rome's past. :yes: Update when you can, Thatsouthernasianchick!! :clap2:
Will do soon!

Chapter Two

After almost five hours of falling back to sleep, Nawin was once again awoken by loud voices in the hall right outside his bedroom door. He glanced at his wristwatched and yawned. There was no way he could fall back to sleep now this late in the afternoon. Besides, he had much to do. The first thing on his list was a blind date with his supposed fiance, a random hi-so girl that his mother had picked out for him. Okay, that's on his mother's to-do list, not his'.
"Sorry, Mom," Nawin muttered.
He assumed that his mother would take care of things accordingly just as she had done with his older brother Narong's relationship years ago after she had found out that Narong was dating a woman that she didn't approve. Apparently, Khun Ying Lerlaksami took action and solved the problem accordingly as she had initially planned after threatening Narong that if he didn't break up with the girl then she would sort things out herself. And, she did. She even bethrothed Narong to a woman that she had picked out, claiming that the woman was far better for her son.
Nawin shook his head, suddenly pitying his eldest brother. Then, he remembered that Narong was returning home today, which meant that he, Nawin, was free! He was free from all of the office responsibilities. Even though his older brother, Nawit, had done nearly all of the work during Narong's absence, Nawin was never more glad that Narong had returned. He felt a sudden load of relief for both himself and Nawit.
Nawin stretched and yawned again before grabbing his pants off of the floor. He had tossed them aside last night before going to bed, too lazy to put them away. He reached into his left pocket for his phone, which he used to call Narong right away to remind his older brother that there was a sales plan waiting for him to take care of, the same plan that his mother, Khun Ying Lerlaksami, had given him in a binder to test his abilities. However, Nawin was no match to his older brothers.
"Hello, Nawin, where are you?" Nawin was glad to hear his brother's voice after a few days.
The last time they talked was when Narong called to check on some business.
"I'm at Amari Residence," Nawin replied, knowing that his older brothers would never in a million years give away his location to their mother.
"I heard that you ran away from home," Narong went on.
"Who told you that?" Nawin asked. "P'Wit, huh? P'Wit and P'Wat told you that?"
"I'm kidding," Narong replied. "It doesn't even matter because you're all grown up now so you're entitled to your own decisions and responsible for your own actions."
"Khob khun na krub, phee." Nawin thanked his older brothers for understanding him.
He was very thankful to be blessed with them.
"Oh, I was going to tell you that I left some things undone on your desk," Nawin told him. "Please tell Khun Mae that I am very sorry that I couldn't fulfill her requests. It's just not my thing."
"Okay, no problem," said Narong. "If you need anything, let me know."
"Krub, thank you again," said Nawin.
Their conversation ended promptly and Nawin let out a sigh of relief.

"It's my fault that I didn't answer his call."
Nawit scrolled through his missed calls list and saw that Nawin had called him twice. He had turned off his phone last night while he and Wattana were buried in their workload last night. Nawin was probably looking forward to seeking assistance with Nawit, which he mostly did if he couldn't get in touch with Narong.
"Mai bpen rai," said Narong. "I'll take care of it."
"He could've called me," said Wattana. "My phone is never off."
"Nawin is a smart kid," said Nawit. "If I don't answer, he knows that I'm busy and if I'm busy, he'll assume that Wattana is busy too so he won't bother."
Narong snorted and let out a small laugh. They were about halfway into their lunch when Narong announced that he was finished.
"Don't tell me you're in a hurry to get back to work," said Nawit.
"Well, I am thinking about going to the office afterwards," Narong replied. "Plus, I had breakfast on the plane."
"You're not going home first?" Nawit asked. "Khun Mae is looking forward to seeing you."
"I know," said Narong. "But I have to take care of business first."
And that was the last thing that Narong was looking forward to, his mother. As much as he loves her, he wasn't ready to answer all of her questions about the trip and her exciting assumption of how delighted Ying-Orn would be to see him. It was more than likely that his mother would probably be preparing a grand dinner upon his return and Ying Orn, his fiance would be her guest of honor. It wasn't as if Narong had been gone for years. It was probably weird but safe to say that he knows her too well but he just doesn't understand her.

By the time Nawin had left his room, the noise had ceased and the halls were absolutely empty. He figured the girl next door probably had all of her belongings moved in by now. Thank goodness, he thought, shaking his head with a half smile. She was definitely clumsy-looking. Bless her, he thought.
Nawin casually walked down the hall to the elevators and found that there was already one person waiting. It was the same girl that had moved in next door to him. She looked at him, rolled her eyes, and turned back to focus on the doors of the elevator.
"You were talking so loud last night," Nawin began. "Why are you silent now?"
He knew that was the wrong foot to start off with but he usually made friends that way.
"I'm not your friend," she snapped.
Oh, so she's fierce too, he thought. Nawin smiled and pressed the elevator button again. There was a ding sound followed by two sliding doors opening behind them.
"After you, my lady," he said.
"And I am not your lady," she snapped again. This time, her voice was a little bit louder and Nawin could tell that she was pretty annoyed by him already.
They were both silent as the lift descended to the first floor and when the door opened, they went their separate ways. She made her way to the front desk and he went out through the automatic, sliding glass doors.
It was a beautiful day and as much as he wished to jump in a pool and relax all day after a week of torture in the office, Nawin had to go out and buy things for his new home. It felt really good to be free. It felt even better to be able to spend his own money for his own freedom than just depending on his family's. It was true that he was a rich kid but he definitely wasn't spoiled. A few years ago, Nawin had invested in a Japanese restaurant business with a friend and he was proud to say that he was the owner of a successful business.

"Arai na?!"
Disappointed that her eldest son, Narong, had gone directly to the company without seeing her first, Khun Ying Lerlaksami stormed out to the marble porch to the driveway and commanded that Tum, the driver, transport her there at once.
"Khob jai na, Wat," she thanked her sons' assistant, Wattana for the news.
Both Narong and Nawit were in a meeting and Wattana was out and about taking care of errands. Even though that was the case, she still expected her sons to answer her calls. She should be their top priority regardless, another thing that they didn't like and all disagreed on.
On the way to the company, Khun Ying had called to inform Ying Orn, her to-be daughter-in-law, to join her for dinner later in the evening after Narong had returned home from work. She already planned a grand dinner for him for his return and successfully sealing a deal with a Chinese investor. Ying Orn gladly accepted and promised to be present later, much to Khun Ying's delight.

"Ta Rong!"
After arriving at the company, Khun Ying had stormed into Narong's office without warning. She slammed the door shut behind her and stared at her two eldest sons.
"Mae," said Narong, getting up from his chair to pay his respects.
"Why didn't you come home first?!" she exclaimed.
"I had to come clear up some things at work," Narong replied, sitting back down.
"You too, Ta Wit!" Khun Ying moved on to harass a speechless Nawit.
He didn't think that the whole thing was a big deal but as usual, his mother made a big deal out of probably everything.
"Why didn't you answer your phone when I called you?" she asked him. "I had to call Wattana. Didn't I mention before that I would appreciate it if you all answered my calls every time?"
Narong and Nawit looked at each other and nodded at their mother.
"Krub," they both replied.
"And have you heard from your little brother?" she continued. "If Nawin took care of things accordingly, you two wouldn't have to clean up his mess."
"Oh, Mom, don't say that," said Narong. "Nawin didn't make a mess at all."
He held up some papers and handed them to his mother, who hastily looked through them.
"Nawin's work," Nawit replied. "Those were his ideas and plans to take care of the assignment you gave him. He didn't do it but those are brilliant ideas and plans to boost our company's sales."
"I don't believe it," said Khun Ying, handing the papers back to Narong. "I don't believe Nawin did all of this. If he did, then why didn't he take action and put these ideas into practice?"
"Mae krub," Narong began. "Nong Win is a smart kid. It doesn't take long for him to figure things out and solve problems. He just doesn't like office settings and putting up a front all the time."
"Chai krub," Nawit agreed. "You should know by now that Nong Win is capable of a lot of things but you should also already know that if he doesn't want to do something, you can't force him to."
"But no matter what, he must marry Noo Thidararath," said Khun Ying. "I've already spoken to her parents and they've agreed to an engagement."
"Mae, you can't force him to marry someone he doesn't even know," said Nawit.
Narong looked away from his mother and remembered the time that she had betrothed him to a woman she had picked out. Oh how he wished he could've done the same thing Nawin did. If he ran away from the oncoming problems, it would've solved everything and saved him from this fate. She couldn't be mad at him forever anyway. Why hadn't he thought of that before?

Chapter Three

Just as Narong had assumed, his mother had indeed prepared a grand dinner for him. Of course, nothing is wrong with having dinner with family but there was one thing that Narong had always found out of place...Ying Orn, Narong's fiance, the woman that his mother had hand-picked especially for him. Sometimes, Narong felt sorry for himself that he didn't have the right to make his own decisions. However, Ying Orn is a sweet young woman who smiled often and was always nice to everyone. The servants and maids of the Siriwong household always speaks highly of her and at the same time highly respected her. Regardless of her good heart and beauty, Narong's feelings for her were nothing more than sibling love. That is what always seemed to be out of place. It just didn't feel right.

"I'm really sorry," Nawit said to Narong as they walked out of the building. "I really didn't know Khun Mae would set things up like that."
"It's fine," said Narong. "You don't have to apologize. It's not like we don't know our mother any better."
Nawit sighed.
"If she knew that Nawin left home to escape his arranged marriage, she would definitely flip."
Narong agreed with Nawit but he was glad that Nawin had learned to follow his own heart. They remembered when Nawin was only in high school and had his first heartbreak, which of course, was all thanks to their dear mother. If she hadn't criticized the poor girl in public then she wouldn't have dumped Nawin afterwards, leaving Nawin to cry his heart out. From then on, Nawin became strong and exceled in everything he set his mind on. He transformed from a fragile boy to a strong young man inside and out. His brothers couldn't be more proud of him.
"I hope Nawin doesn't come home," Narong blurted suddenly.
Nawit stared at him.
"If he does, he'd have to go through the same thing I had to go through," said Narong. "I don't want any of you to make the same mistake I did."
He put one hand on Nawit's shoulder and Nawit could suddenly feel his brother's pain and sadness. He remembered when Narong had shut himself in his room every single day, starving and torturing himself. When his engagement day finally came, Narong had dark circles and crinkles under his eyes due to lack of sleep. Nawit was glad that Narong was no longer in that phase.
"Oh, Wit," said Narong after they had gotten into the car. "Next week is the grand opening of Extravaganz. Can you attend that event for me? I have to go to Hua Hin to meet with the sales representative to buy pearls."
Nawit nodded, "krub."
Finally, Narong could feel relieved because he had no intentions of going to that grand opening party in the first place. Besides, Nawit was better at those events anyways as he was more professional and sociable. Narong thanked his younger brother and steered the car out of the parking lot.

"ID please?"
A notebook was the only thing left on the list that Nawin had to get. He had already bought all of the furniture and interior decorations he needed for his room and even requested to have them delivered to his door. Nawin handed his ID and credit card to the salesman and thanked him. After a few minutes, the guy reappeared with Nawin's new Apple notebook and handed Nawin his ID and credit card back, to which Nawin hastily stuffed into his back pocket where his wallet was. Nawin took the bag and thanked the salesman again before leaving the store, failing to notice that his ID did not go into his pocket but fell quietly onto the floor.
A woman picked it up and read the name, "Nawin Narudom Siriwong". She gasped and looked wildly around the store. The last name had rung a bell and she was anxious to find the owner.
"He just left and went that way," the salesman pointed.
The woman thanked him and dashed out the store. She spotted a tall guy carrying an Apple bag and called after him, "Khun! Khun ka! Khun...Khun Nawin!"
Nawin froze and turned around to see a beautiful woman running towards him. He noticed his ID at once.
"Hey, that's my...
"Your...your ID," she gasped, handing it to him.
He reached for it but she flinched it back out of his reach.
"What are you doing?" Nawin asked her. "That's mine."
"I know," she said, flatly. "I...uh...I was just curious...your name seems familiar. See, I'm from America and...
"You can't read Thai?" Nawin interrupted. "My name is Nawin Siriwong and yes, it's the same Siriwong that owns Siriwong Jewelry and you've probably seen my last name in flashly jewelry catalogues or magazines while in America. Now please, my ID."
When she finally gave it back to him, he thanked her and stuffed it back into his wallet, this time making sure it was snugly in its slot. Feeling slightly annoyed, Nawin shook his head and turned around to continue the opposite direction.
"Wait," she caught up with him. "I didn't mean to approach you in a rude manner...I just...uh...I...
"Forget it," said Nawin. "I don't mind, Auntie."
"Auntie?!" she gasped. "Do I look that old to you?! I think I'm only a three or four years older than you!"
"Well, what do you want me to call you then, pretty lady?" Nawin leaned in closer.
He was about four inches taller than her. She smiled and blinked a rapidly a few times making her long beautiful lashes flutter.
"My name is Laura," she said. "You can call me Laura."