Sabaidee Luang Prabang

saobomp

sarNie Adult
i just received an email from ethaicd.com that the movie could be purchase. it's only 8.00. i just ordered a copy whooo been waiting for this movie.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
It's out already?

Hm...hey, does the DVD play on American players?
I wanna watch it but I don't wanna order it and not be able to watch it.

nina07

sarNie Adult
ahh! its out already? omg. I gotta go tell my parentals! lol

EDIT: ooh yeahh. we just placed our order. :yahoo:

Athena

sarNie Juvenile
It's out already?

Hm...hey, does the DVD play on American players?
I wanna watch it but I don't wanna order it and not be able to watch it.

Yes it does.
I've bought many DVD's from ethaicd.com.

My friend just called me and said its a good movie.

nina07

sarNie Adult
ooh wow. I just watched this movie on thaitv.tv and it was the best :wub: Laos is soo pretty! and Ananda and Khamly are cute in here. lol. I wanted to see something more at the end but i guess the both went back to luang prabang so they could both meet each other again because they like each other. ;) lol.

but, this movie was AWESOMEE!! :yahoo:

maybe a sabaidee luang prabang 2 :loool:

saobomp

sarNie Adult
yes i saw the movie yesterday from thaitv too; it was cute. gosh, i love noy's lil sister lol she's funny. kept teasing, harrassing him if he was trying to get with noy lol...

love the culture displays so neat. i know was hopeing they would actually be reunited but only clips of each walking to that spot of theirs with a smile...
guess for us to imagine. it would be great for a part two...

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
i'm gonna order it soon.

is it that movies go on dvds before they're aired over in Thailand? I know when I went to laos, I got to see Irobot on vcd already when it's barely coming out in theaters in the U.S.

tinav101805

sarNie Hatchling
overall i thought the movie was ok.. they should of shown when they met at the end.. and the girl kinda looks like hmong

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Thanks Tina for the link!
I couldn't help by laugh at what was suppose to be his mother's voice on the phone.
The voice acting was horrible and the accent didn't even sound Aussie, other than that, it's pretty good so far.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I've yet to watch this.. I'm more interested in watching the ariel views of Laos! The plot seems kind of boring for me..

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Overall, not too bad. At least they focused on Laos and the culture.
The storyline was so so, very basic, a classic boy meets girl, boy falls for girl situation.
The editing could've been done much better, the music selection could've been better too.
Some of the camera shots and angles, definitely could've been much better.

But not too bad, I'd give it a C -. I've seen much worse.

anan

sarNie Adult
Thank u Tina for sharing,

i found personally the story kinda "flat", mixing documentary with love story style seems not produce a good result... (probably lack of creativity ?).
At the beginning, the camera-man got problem to shoot smoothly... kinda amateur style shooting, but they tried to improve later on...

*The story: D
*Acting: B
*Visuals: C

the movie could have been better...

Similar to Liberty, my personal appreciation would be a C+ ^_^

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I'm watching it right now.. and so far, I really like it.. it brought tears to my eyes seeing the mother land, seeing what my mother left behind, and seeing what my father died for.

And I love the little comedy relief too. It just makes me smile a bit.. especially the twin boys that tricked the pa'aek.

nina07

sarNie Adult
Well, i think its just because that it isnt lao tradition, to show affection in public -_- Which i dont get in this movie, because it is about two people falling in love with each other, but i guess its just about Lao's beauty and culture. Which im fine with haha ^_^ i do wanna see a part 2 as welll :lol: