Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny

Ntxhais Vaj

20 years old
Sacramento, CA

MoonSun Memorial Service

Platform: Lub peev xwm thiab lub zog ntawm ib tug ntxhais Hmoob.

Rose Vue

19 years old
Sacramento, CA
Sacramento State University of CA

Western Southern Life Insurance

Platform: "Los hais txog diabetes uas yog ntshav qab zib."

My Tzer Lao

18 years old
Sacramento, CA
Sacramento City College

State Farm Insurance

Platform: "Niam txiv txog kev hlub."

Vab Vwj

18 years old
Sacramento, CA
University of California, Davis

Sacramento Community Clinic

Platform: "My platform is about uniting all the hmong people to live together in harmony."

Cathy Thao

25 years old
Sacramento, CA
University of California, Davis - BA 2005
Lincoln Law School of Sacramento-present

Hmoob Koom Tes Xov Tooj Cua, Vue and Thao Deli, Lawfirm of Dreyer, Babich, Buccola & Callaham, Nha Thai Youa Lee Property & Investment

Platform: "My platform will be about promoting higher education among the Hmong community."

Pahoua Chue

21 years old
Orocille, CA
Chico State University, 3rd yr

Koom Haum Tub Qub Rog

Platform: "Represent Hmoob"
1. Higher Education
2. Preserve Hmong Values
"Kuv xav txhawb ib tsoom tub ntxhais hluas hais txoj kev kawm ntaub kawm ntawd, thiab kom peb nco qab ntsoov tias peb yog "HMOOB"."

Teng Thao

20 years old
Merced, CA
Merced College, Law Enforcement

Platform: "Tus thiab ntxhais hluas tsis mloog niam thiab txiv lus. Teenagers disrespecting their parents and being a bad influence."

Elise Vue

20 years old
Lincoln, CA
Sierra College

D&B Meat Market/Market Basket

Platform:
Kev noj qab hauv hu rau yus lub ces. Eating nutritious food for your body.

credit to: http://www.sacramentohmongnewyear.com/gallery_pageant08.htm

--------------------------

i think the peeps who have higher chance r Rose Vue and Pa Houa Chue.....
some pageant's plateforms r hecka stupid...i dunno its my opinion...:D

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i'll probably watch the pageant and take pictures.. lol.
as far as i know.. this is how the schedule of how the pageant is going to run:

Thursday (Nov.
27th, 2008): Opening Sacramento Hmong New Year, Ribbon cutting

Friday (Nov.
28th, 2008): starts at 11:00, Introduction, Hmong green poise, and Miss Personality Interview

Saturday (Nov.
29th, 2008): starts at 11:00, Evening gown, Talent, and Platform

Sunday (Nov.
30th, 2008): starts at 11:00, questions and elimination

i'll be there. =D

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
This year the girls are way more better but it sucks that only 8 girls this year.

My top 5 is Cathy Thao, Teng Thao, Pahoua Chue, My Tzer Lao, & Rose Vue

& My top 3 is Teng Thao, Pahoua Chue, & Cathy Thao or My Tzer Lao

can't wait to see the pageant

also here is the video clip of them introducing themselves. I thought that the pageant going to be easy this year but I don't think so because after hearing them introducing themselves it gives me a big surprise! I don't know who going to win because they are all good.

Miss Hmong California Clip

stephanie

sarNie Adult
i think i use to go to church with rose, she was my buddy... idk... it's been like 8 yrs! is there any background info? anyways, best of luck to them

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
This year the girls are way more better but it sucks that only 8 girls this year.

also here is the video clip of them introducing themselves. I thought that the pageant going to be easy this year but I don't think so because after hearing them introducing themselves it gives me a big surprise! I don't know who going to win because they are all good.

omg! the beginning was sooo cheesy and fake! the way they said it does not want to make me join them at sac new year at all..

some of them sounded so fake when they were introducing themselves. all they should do is just talk normal instead of talkin like they've practiced and memorized their intros for thousands of times...

mai92

sarNie Adult
i chOOSe pA hUA cHUe aND maI tzEr LaO
thEy sEEms lIkE tHeY wILL ImpROvE the HmONG cOmmuNITy.
:) i'M lOOkING fORwarD tO tHIs pAgEnT cOmpeTTiON.

mai92

sarNie Adult

thAnkS fOr tHE cLiP!
I eNJoY waTChINg iT!
:)

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
WOW! :eek: ...they all speak reallie well..i'm reallie surprise...who do i want to win..i would say one of my choice is Pa Houa Chue..becuz one...she's prettie..two she speaks reallie well...three i've seen her in action 2 new years ago wen she was running for Miss International New Year...then there's Teng Thao cuz i agree with wat she said about Hmong ppl not integrating other ppl culture/views...and then Cathy Thao..cuz she went to DAVIS yeah baby!!! :lol: ...tat but also she speak extremely well..and she's for supporting us hmong student for higher education..esp. for us girls...please let us go outta the city for school :lol: ...goodness i wanna watch tis...

but i have to say Rose has a cute voice..she should dubb...lol

Fearless

sarNie Adult
WOW! :eek: ...they all speak reallie well..i'm reallie surprise...who do i want to win..i would say one of my choice is Pa Houa Chue..becuz one...she's prettie..two she speaks reallie well...three i've seen her in action 2 new years ago wen she was running for Miss International New Year...then there's Teng Thao cuz i agree with wat she said about Hmong ppl not integrating other ppl culture/views...and then Cathy Thao..cuz she went to DAVIS yeah baby!!! :lol: ...tat but also she speak extremely well..and she's for supporting us hmong student for higher education..esp. for us girls...please let us go outta the city for school :lol: ...goodness i wanna watch tis...

but i have to say Rose has a cute voice..she should dubb...lol

I agree with you. Pahoua Chue speaks really well and she's pretty.. probably the prettiest out of them all.. the way she speaks seems very confident and natural.. she doesn't talk too slow or pause like some other girls.. I just wished my hmong was that good and could talk like that.

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
lol..the clip seems so fake..the film maker can cut the mistake part and glue the good part in..so fake!
but umm yeah we'll see how's it going in cal-expo...i bet some of them is going to studder/shaky..ahah!!
aniwase wish them luck!

****this year suck BIG TIME....*********

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
they were introduced on the stage today
nothing was done yet..
but i'm not going tomorrow
so i'm going to miss out on a lot.. but i'm going on saturday.
i'll try to get some pictures. =D

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
they were introduced on the stage today
nothing was done yet..
but i'm not going tomorrow
so i'm going to miss out on a lot.. but i'm going on saturday.
i'll try to get some pictures. =D
Are there alot of people over there? i hope it's fun for you ..
i dont have time for Cal-Expo..so if anyone is going please share those picture with us.
To see if they're really tough like they've had said it on the clip youtube..lol Laterz..

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
Are there alot of people over there? i hope it's fun for you ..
i dont have time for Cal-Expo..so if anyone is going please share those picture with us.
To see if they're really tough like they've had said it on the clip youtube..lol Laterz..
i just got a new SD card from the black friday sale!
that means.. i can record longer clips.. lol.
if i get some clips.. then i'll post it up on youtube. =D
i'll do pictures too if i'm at the stage while they do their platforms and showcase their talents...

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
lol..the clip seems so fake..the film maker can cut the mistake part and glue the good part in..so fake!
but umm yeah we'll see how's it going in cal-expo...i bet some of them is going to studder/shaky..ahah!!
aniwase wish them luck!

****this year suck BIG TIME....*********
you can tell wen they cut it :rolleyes: ...it's not hard to tell wen it's cut...most of the girls they were prettie consistent...they all speak prettie well

on camera and on stage is different...let's see how they preform