Share your ghostly experiences here

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I was told that doorways and windows are doors to the other world.
That's why I have to have everything closed before I sleep, just to be on the safe side.
Apparently it's not just limited to Celtic beliefs because when my mom got sick after my uncle died (he was coming to her in dreams and trying to get her to go with him), my aunt finally just called someone from her church and she blessed the house by going to every single door and window (even windows that no longer existed) to smudge some oil above it and say a blessing. It worked because my mom got better instantly.

Kenshin

sarNie Egg
Man, that's the last thing I needed to read. I was just about to go sleep and then I read something about having the closet door open. I sleep with the closet open all the time and its basically one long closet about 6 feet long and I sleep right next to it in a room by myself.

I just had some dream last night where I was sleeping and I opened my eyes and this old guy was looking right back at me. He was standing behind my bed looking down at me. Just staring. Then he started smiling and laughing like the Joker from Batman. -Shudder-

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I'm only scared to keep my feet exposed at night when I sleep; cause one time, I felt someone or something rub up against my feet. So since then, I make sure I cover them up!

Liberty

sarNie Adult
OMG me too!
I've never experienced it but I can't sleep with my feet exposed (even if it's really hot), I'm always scared that somethings going to reach out and touch them.
I can't sleep flat on my back anymore either, you know like with my legs straight and arms to my side. I use to get sleep paralysis when I was younger and I told my friend about it and she told me that her mom (or someone older) told her that it's not good to sleep like that. She said it's the way dead people sleep (or that's how they position the body) so stray spirits will try to take over your body. She said it's because the positioning allows easy access.

I'm only scared to keep my feet exposed at night when I sleep; cause one time, I felt someone or something rub up against my feet. So since then, I make sure I cover them up!

leelee

sarNie Hatchling
ME TOOOOO! i am so scared that when i leave my feet out of the blanket a ghost would tickle my feet!! & im also scared to leave my legs and arms out cus u never know if i ghost can pinch u.

kulyia

RUK
wow..uguys sure do have alot of stories to tell..lol..if u live close around fresno or come down or up to it u should listen to malena.900AM.during the weekends..she would have those nights as ghost story nights..cause ogs would tell about their stories back in LAOS or THAILAND..

i think that ghosts are harmless, usually, but shadow people are the manifestations to be truly afraid of, because i think they're more violent and, for lack of a better term, evil...

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
When I was in Laos .. I heard of 'pee mae mhai' and 'pee bop' around my mom's village. One of my aunt got scare of the 'pee mae mhai' to the extent that she color (ta lep) her son finger nails red. Why she did it .. I don't know but she said that it will keep the 'pee mae mhai' away from her son ...

As for my ghostly experiences ... never had none that I know of ... Just strange feeling that someone is watching or next to me.

dorky_vang

sarNie Adult
yea in hmob i heard that if ya tlakin about ghost or even tellin ghost stoires ghost weill be next to u listenin to ur storie tooh..

exp0

sarNie Juvenile
Weird incident that had happened to me. There's a jackfruit tree right in front of my house and a few feet away where I park my car. Sometimes, it would shake slightly whenever I step outside. I don't usually take notice of it because squirrels are always running up and down that tree anyway. There was one time, at brunch time, my mom and I was eating and watching a TV serie with the front door open and the security door locked. She wanted me to take the trash out and I did, as I walked outside, that tree shook really violently, I literally thought a tropical storm was coming cause it was hurricane season. But I've noticed the other trees around the house did not shake, especially the palm tree next to my car did not shake. I walked inside and my mom was like why is that jackfruit tree shaking so drastically, I said I don't know. She said, someone probably wants to know how you are doing. My answered was wtf and walked into my room and slept. lol. The next morning, my mother said yes, there was someone that wanted to know how you were doing. And that person was my aunt who past away in 03 from liver cancer in California. She said that my aunt went into her dream, and asked how I was doing and my mom replied to her she's doing fine, but it's better for you to ask her yourself. I was like oh hell no. As to this day, that jackfruit tree still does shake in the mornings when I go out and warm up the car, but it doesn't bother me anymore.

Another one was when I was at my grandma's house who is actually my mother's aunt. My uncle, her grandson lives with her and he was in a band, and they had a gig at Virginia for the weekend. This was my first time ever sleeping over there so I was like ok, since it's summer. My grandma suggested for me to go sleep inside with her, I told her I preferred sleeping out on the couch since it's really big and I was really comfy with it since I was there watching TV. I turned the TV off and closed my eyes. I had my face turned up to the ceiling, I could hear someone scuffling out from someone's room walking towards me, I looked over and didn't see anything but I could hear a fainted old man's voice in a distance from the kitchen area. I was like you know what, I'm turning the TV on and sleeping with it. In the morning I had the nerve to ask my grandma if there was anything paranormal about her house, and she said it's probably grandfather. He has never seen you and probably wanted to know who you were and why you are here. I just quickly grabbed the pillow and folded the blanket and place it in the closet and left the house without saying good bye to her. lol Now the only time I go visit her is when they have parties or when my mom needs to speak to her but with my company. Other than that, I would just drop off stuff and leave quickly.

snowflake

sarNie Egg
I see a ghost staring back at me when I look into the morror everyday.
holy crap. that would freak me out so bad! :eek: i'd never look into that mirror or go into that room ever again! in fact, i think i would never set foot back into my house... :blink:

unanalyzed

sarNie Egg
I don't think I can ever look at the mirror again if I see someone looking at me. T__T

I saw a man glaring at me in my godbro's car when he was dropping me off at home. The man was about 2 inches
away from me. Then we both saw someone sitting in the backseat of his car. :(

But nothing creepy happened after that. I'm glad its over. ><

nina07

sarNie Adult
omg. reading your stories, make me so scared! lmao. i havent really encountered those type of things before, just like weird stuff, but i actually dont think their ghost related. haha.

leelee

sarNie Hatchling
LOL... these are scaring me... sometimes in the middle of the night i always have to go to the bathroom and whenever i go to wash my hands, i always think someone is gonna pop up behind me, then when i open the door im scared someone ELSE is gonna pop up AGAIN. i get pretty scared in the dark

ntxhais

sarNie Hatchling
my turn!!!
I usually get things out of my mind if I right it down, and I desperately need to get these thoughts out of my mind so here I go!

Yesterday night, after we went swiming and ate and everything I was super tired and ready to go to sleep. There were seven of us sleeping in the same room, my two nieces and I were initially sleeping on the ground while my sister slept alone on the bed and then my other sister and her son and daughter slept on the otherside. So, we got all settled in and all of a sudden she, my sister that was sleeping on the other side of the bed with her two kids were talking about that guy that killed his wife with the hammer. My sister, the one sleeping on the bed starting saying how they found the husband who killed his wife with the hammer in the woods (he hung himself) and how he was all decayed. My sister sleeping on the ground said that his head had already fell off when they found him so they had to use his teeth to I.D him. Then the conversation carried onto his wife. My sister who was sleeping on the ground said that he had apparently beat the sh*t of his wife because when they were dressing her up for the funeral they could feel her bones all broken up, she said that (again this could just be gossip, but is pretty gruesome, scary gossip) he didn't only beat her up with the hammer but he slammed the door on her a couple of times too. [I imagined it to be like that scene from the movie Colic, where the best friend is killed because the door kept on slamming up against her] Since I was sleeping on the edge by the closet door ( there closet was a walk in closet) I freaked out when she said that he had used the door to slam on her, so I jumped up and joined my sister who was sleeping on the bed. Of course, my two nieces followed too, so we were a big mess on the bed (it wasn't a really big bed either).

My sister who was sleeping on the ground didn't stop telling her ghostly experiences too here are some other ones she told us:

This one was about her son. Her son and some friends had gone swiming at a stream/beach/water of some sort and they were playing hide-n-go-seek underwater (don't ask me how they did it). Well anyway, they were playing tag I guess, it sounded like that. Her son dived under and thought that he had grabbed onto one of his friend and came up and yelled " I got you! I got you!" [Oh yeah, my sister gave a great detail on how his son felt the heavy body, suggesting that the body had been down there for quite a while because it was already decaying] Only when he came up he saw all his friends looking at him with a puzzled look saying "where all here. What are you talking about 'I got you'" That's when he turned around and realized that he was grasping a dead girls body. So they called the cops and everything. But then the story doesn't end there, when he got home, for several days after the incident, he keeps of seeing that girl. He explained is to his mother (my sister) that the girl would come and touch his legs and work her way up his body on to the back of his neck ( this really part really freaked me out). Then my sister said that we should be careful because of what happen to her son. I don't know if he still have these experiences but my sister said that her son is afraid of bodies of water ever since so he doesn't go out anymore.

My sister (the one sleeping on the ground) goes on to say that whenever we go walking in the woods or just sitting around the house (pretty much anywhere) that if we smell smoke, and not only smoke but the smell of burnt hair, and if we get the goosebumps or our hair starts to stand out on its end then that means that there are some ghosts nearby. And if we experience this out in the parks or patches of woods then we should say out loud, "Don't follow me, it's not embarassing. You go your own way and I go my own way." She said this in Hmong and that if we didn't say this then that thing could follow us home.
The she informed us about the time of the day when ghost activites are most common. She said that when it's really early 4 and 5 in the morning is when the ghosts are most active, she said that its a transition of some sort, from the reality and the spiritual world I guess. That if we are not careful around those hours and bump into them we will become sick. What's interesting is that if we bump into them then we will get sick but they will die. Which confuses me a little because aren't they dead already?

She also told us this one about a little kid, who is a distant realtive of us that died. He had the chicken pox and his brother/sisters were cooking some grilled meat and gave him some. My sister said that it was because of the grilled me, because he had already but sick and wasn't suppose to be eating the grilled meat in the first place. Well the little boy had a really bad reaction to it and when they got to the hospital the doctors said that he had cancer in his heart/lungs (i'm not sure) so they treated him but then they said it had been too late so the little boy died. My sister said that when they took the boy out for the funeral we smelled really bad and was very 'puffy'. She said that it was because of the drugs that they doctor gave me that made him decaying so fast, smelled so much, and looked so bad. So they only kept the funeral going for one day and night, usually hmong funerals would go on to 2-3 days. Well they buried the little boy and the day after the burial they brought some food to the grave only to find out that the boy wasn't there. He had been dugged out. My sister said that they didn't know what happen, she said that maybe it could be the american people or it could've been the ghosts spirits from the little boy's side of the family that came and took him away.

After this I could not sleep at all. My sister that was sleeping on the bed kept on saying, "just imagine what it wouldbe like to stumble upon that man that hung himself. He would be all decayed his tongue sticking out" I was pissed off at her because she kept on forcing these images in my mind. But thankfully I got through the night, barely. I didn't fall asleep until 3 in the morning and I had to go shit really bad too because we had some spicy pho and papapya salad. so I got up every hour after that. I keept thinking about wat my sisiter said about the mysterious 4-5 in the morning times in the day. Shit, they were snoring so loud and it was soo hot because there were so many of us in that room....

Well that's all I have for now, it was scary but then again it gives me a high to listen to this kind of things...
Gotta go back to work now :)