Shopping malls in Laos

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
hello people..

i'm going to laos this month and i was wondering. Is there any shopping malls in Laos? i mean how many? hehehe.. i love to shop..i do! It's gonna be my first time to go there so i'm really excited. I hope there's going to be great stuff to buy...
welp, if u knoe.. tell me ok. until then.. by3!

Nina

sarNie Egg
i dont think there are malls there yet..but they're being built at the moment..hmm you should try the ITECC it has everything there from bowling to theaters and probably shopping too but yea my first time there was GREAT

Reagan

sarNie Adult
ITECC is not as big as where your probly from, but there is the chinese markets and dahlart soul which is getting rebuilt half of it I think,

missjoy

sarNie Elites
Yeah, there's a place called "talat sow" or morning market and it's the closest thing they have to a shopping mall. Be sure you don't get ripped off b/c if they know you are not from Laos, they tend to jack up the price. So be sure to always bargain with them.. like when you go to a flea market or something.

roodaimai

sarNie Hatchling
I think you would appreciate the costum of bargaining then a shopping mall. Because evene though they might set the price high you can still bargain with them. And if you do get rip off its only like a buck or two its not like you'll be losing hundreds of dollar. I love shopping in lao everything is so cheap. I suggest you bring alot of money. :lol:

Vanida

Save World Save Life
man i wish i been to a Laos mall :) u can shop for pretty laos skirt and fancy jewlery

Reagan

sarNie Adult
There is a mall somewhere i been there but i 4got what its called, its across from a crossing and big car park =)
Yeah they probly put up the price on items but make sure you bargain with them and then ask the next store right next to them if they can beat the price, its a easier way to do things letting the stores bargain rather then yourself lol

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
Cool my brother is going to Lao on October 10 of this year and won't be returning till December... and I'm going to be going next year in June... I can't wait.... Don't forget to go to LuangPraBand my uncle say their waterfall are fabulous and the water are to dive in..... Oh have a great time.....

jaoying

sarNie Egg
I just went Laos about 3-4 months ago and it was so exciting!! My first time in Laos and I love it. I am planning to go back again in the future. About the malls, I don't think there are any malls yet. Anyways, you don't not need a mall when you have "Thalaad Sow" or "Morning Market." This is the place to be!! I went there like 4 times and still wanted to go back!! You can get high fashion merchandise knockoffs from Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior, Rolex, LaCoste etc. to cheap handmade items. I bought a bunch of handmade Lao stuff, and it is so neat and cool and cheap too!! My advice is to bring lots of money to spend..hahaha... Food is very cheap too. Also there are some good places to eat in there too.

When I went, the ITECC just opened and there was a Thai Supplier Fair (meaning Thai companies trying to market their product and find distribution in Laos, which means they are trying to get their products in the Lao market, so they came to introduce it and demonstrate, etc...). It was crowded!!!! The first day it opened, traffic was all over the place...lol...and if you never went to Laos, watch out!! Crazy drivers and motorcycles everywhere!!!!! Anyway, about the ITTEC place, there is a Tang Supermarket in there too. It's the first supermarket in Laos. Also ITTEC has bowling, movie theaters, etc. Wished I had checked it out, but it opened and I was coming back to the USA already.

Also one thing I have noticed in Laos was that the people are really nice. Everybody is really polite and especially when you go to the market. The people are really nice. I know they are trying to sell you stuff, but what I meant were the words and the way they speak. It's really proper. So overall, in Laos it was a great experience!!! If this is your first time in Laos, have fun and bring lots of cash so you can get all kinds of good stuff to come show your friends in America...hahahaha

kitkat

sarNie Elites
wow jaoying! your experience made me wanting to go now! because i think i will go there by this july! :D

ygchix1177

sarNie Egg
i went to laos when i was in first grade haha boutt 6 years old.. all i remember was i wouldnt eat anything except for this chicken from this one store.. lol!

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Thanks again for your help guys... thanks! :)

You guys make me feel very excited now.. i want to go right now..
well, i'm leaving this Saturday.. i'm kinda nervous cause i don't speak lao.. what am i gonna do? i'm learning lao but barely... oh no...

anyways, i'm very excited... about the morning market and the Itecc you guys mention.. i'm lookin' forward to it.. and i'll make sure i go there... :)

AznGirlTha

sarNie Egg
I went to Laos in July and came back in August of this year. It was so cool it was my second time going. You know what is neat though in Savannakhet they are in the process of building a mall; they got the esclator. I am dead serious I forgot to take a picture. I think there are going to be more stuff along the way because Laos just held the ASEAN conference there so I think you will enjoy the many different sites there even if there isn't a mall.

Bou

sarNie Adult
ahh ive never been to laos before..well i was born there and came to canada at hte age of 4 and i cant realli remember anythin...but i wanna go back there and see how it is...jaoying u r so lucky that uve gotten a change to go there...i hope i get to go there soon!!!explore and see how people are livin there...wat kind of lifestyle they have and everythin...

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Keomany.. When i come back.. i'll tell u all about it.. k. :) u'll go there someday.. just save $$$... :)

Keomany

Music.heal.All
YM_gurl said:
Keomany.. When i come back.. i'll tell u all about it.. k. :) u'll go there someday.. just save $$$... :)
[post="26577"][/post]​
ight girl i better see picture and a lot of laos guys on ur camera...or else...but on the bright side have fun and when you are shopping *cough cough* think of me...

same money omg..i cant spend them 24/7 and college is eatin the shit out of me