Should I get involved?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Ok, the thing is I have this friend who is kind of young she's 18. Well she is graduating from high school this year and her future looks really bright! The thing is she met this guy -___- and like he's older than her he's like 27. Now they wanna get married! She told me that she likes how my marriage is going and she wants to have something like that, but I don't feel this guy is good enough for her. He still lives with his momma and all he does is play video games all day or play basketball with his boys. He doesn't even work. Well anyways so I was trying to tell her that she shouldn't cause she's so young and she has so much going for her, but then again I thought to myself well I can't really say that because I got married at that young age... not exactly at 18, but not much older than 18. I also feel that if things mess up for her it's my fault because she literally said "You're my role model and you seem to be doing fine with your marriage so I should have faith in me and Anthony." But then again I was thinking maybe I should tell her how I feel about her bf, but then again it's not my fault. I'm stuck at the point where this is really non of my business so I shouldn't get involved at the same time I feel like she's using me as an example to follow so its gonna be my fault -___- what should I do?

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
^^^ when a person is in love, they block out eveyone in life...so no matter what you have to say, its gonna go through one ear and out the other and you know happiness is often
the result of taking a misstep in the right direction

i say you should get involved and when it back fired tell her "its all your fault . your the one that want me to get involved with your stupid relationship and its your fault that you want to get marry like me. not every marriage relationships is perfect so get a freaken life and move on." hehe. ^_^

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
NOPE.... your life's already crazy so why try helping other's out when all u'll be getting in return is headaches.....

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
^^^ when a person is in love, they block out eveyone in life...so no matter what you have to say, its gonna go through one ear and out the other and you know happiness is often
the result of taking a misstep in the right direction
Yeah I was thinking the same thing; but I've been trying to show her the bad in him so hopefullly she opens her eyes before it's to late and the thing that pisses me off is isn't that guy thinking at all before he proposed to her kinda sad

i say you should get involved and when it back fired tell her "its all your fault . your the one that want me to get involved with your stupid relationship and its your fault that you want to get marry like me. not every marriage relationships is perfect so get a freaken life and move on." hehe. ^_^
ty sarath :p LOL so I guess I'll try to cautiously get involved? Only to clarify on my part like at least I warned her?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
NOPE.... your life's already crazy so why try helping other's out when all u'll be getting in return is headaches.....
hahaha p'lekkkiie :p but then I feel kinda bad yahnnno? because I guess I made her feell like it was ok to marry at her age i mean nothing wrong with it, but I guess it really depends on the person u pick?

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
think about yourself tina, when someone tried telling you, did you listen?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
think about yourself tina, when someone tried telling you, did you listen?
haha maybe once or twice I didn't but most of the times I do.. I tend to listen to only the opinions of the people I care about. Sometimes yah gotta look at things from more than one side yanno

haha. LOVE IS BLIND!
how can love be blind sarath? It has no Eyes! LOL

^^^love is not blind, it 's the people who are blind....
yes the people

teeRuk

^^YuMMy^^
i dont think you should get involved n'tina..i mean come on now..its not like you told her to look at your relationship and follow through..every relationship is different..and if she's that stupid enough to think that her relationship is gonna be just like yours...then let her go through it..and its not your fault cos she's old enough to think for herself without having anyone to tell her how to run her life.if she thinks this guy is so great for her..let her experience it herself and see how it goes...and im sure she'll learn from it on her own.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
i dont think you should get involved n'tina..i mean come on now..its not like you told her to look at your relationship and follow through..every relationship is different..and if she's that stupid enough to think that her relationship is gonna be just like yours...then let her go through it..and its not your fault cos she's old enough to think for herself without having anyone to tell her how to run her life.if she thinks this guy is so great for her..let her experience it herself and see how it goes...and im sure she'll learn from it on her own.
^___^ yeah i was thinking about that to, but sometimes you can't help it you know? because it's like if she asks for advice I can't tell her no don't do it....

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
blah I think I'm just going to tell her to do what she thinks is right -_____- thinking about it I'm tired of my friends and their issues...

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
how come no guys gave their advice yet .. lol .. guess i'm the 1st one .. anyways here is my 5cent on it ..

depending on the relationship you have with her (i.e. best friends, just friends, or just friend of friends) .. decide on that and give her ADVICES .. people tend to listen to ADVICES rather than you telling them what to do. She can choose to listen or not but you know inside that you did you're best to lead her to a good life .. whatever happens .. THAT LIFE .. LIVE WITH IT AND MOVE ON

Kina

Dubsteppin'
She might think she is really ready because she thinks she has found THE Mr. Right but I don't know how logical she is in this situation and let's say she is not logically thinking things through, then that means she's only using your marriage as a method of validating her right to marry young.

God...really, everything is different for everyone. Things happen differently for all. Your marriage happens to work for you, but I think your friend is "blind" with the "passion of love". I hate this kind of perspective because to me, it is very juvenile, unthinking, and irrational. She's only thinking of NOW, but not the future. Like you mentioned, he lives with his parents and doesn't have a job. And the guy's twenty effing seven, for pete's sake! For me, that's a HUGE turn off that a guy still living with his parents and still depending on them. I don't know why he is still living with them, but he is a grown man, nearly 30 and he's got to get up on his ass and mature up to his level! And your friend's got to have a much better and brighter perspective on marriage and life itself.

And that's all I gotta say!

^^ wah?? your getting marry ice? wow! i didn't know thailand let people marry so young. lmao
the guy must be hot huh?? jk k. ^-^

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Damn Ice you are marrying at 16? WHOA. What a pimp lol. Congrats. I was married too to ice cream though lol but every winter we get a divorce and then in the spring we remarry and last only till the summer hahahahaha.

P'Tina like everyone else stated if she wants advice then just give it to her but don't tell her that its wrong or right to marry at her age because that she will realize when its her time to. If she has faith in the man even though he does not work and plays video games and still lives with his momma then let her believe in him. I honestly think if it fails its not your fault because you didn't ask her to look up to you she wanted to herself. The fault lies within her to think that every relationship is as beautiful as another person's relationship.

Besides you are too sweet P'Tina thats why Tim can't resist you. :D (I just had to add that in)