show hmong pride here

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
i'm already proud about being hmong.
i think one thing positive about being hmong...

uh.... the ghost stories and the shaman rituals.
i think shaman rituals are more traditional,
which my family is still really traditional.
so i like that a lot about being hmong.

next.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
I am absoutely in love with the language......not bragging...but compared to most 16 year old girls these dayz...i tink i speak very well..i can read a bit...but sadly I can't write in Hmong..but hey! i'm learning..but I love the language...it's beautiful...and so powerful if you know how to use it....Hmong Pride

43ll

sarNie Egg
i'm a bit disappointed in some Hmong people and some of the ways, but beside that I love being Hmong! I want the world to know that we HMONG PEOPLE EXIST and WE ARE AS GREAT AS OTHERS! Even though we don't have our own country! I still think we have done a lot. I thought to myself that even when I die and if there is such thing as rebirth I would like to be Hmong again. But that is how I feel now!

danger

sarNie Hatchling
I am absoutely in love with the language......not bragging...but compared to most 16 year old girls these dayz...i tink i speak very well..i can read a bit...but sadly I can't write in Hmong..but hey! i'm learning..but I love the language...it's beautiful...and so powerful if you know how to use it....Hmong Pride
Wow, you're only 16? I thought you were in your 20s. :D Yep, I also think I know Hmong real well too. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in America who still has a Hmong accent and can speak the language fluently. As for the writing part, I say I'm about average or above even though I've never been taught how to read or write in Hmong. My father introduce to me this Hmong writing style the other day and it was pretty interesting. The writing seems as if it's Arabic. Well, does anyone know anything about this writing style?

What I think about Hmong people? I think we're a unique group of people and I am proud to be Hmong. If I were to be another race, I don't think I would be where I am today. I believe that as a group, we should be more open-minded, learn to trust each other, and learn to make our own decisions instead of following others. If we can do this, there may be a bright future for us. :D

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
Wow, you're only 16? I thought you were in your 20s. :D Yep, I also think I know Hmong real well too. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in America who still has a Hmong accent and can speak the language fluently. As for the writing part, I say I'm about average or above even though I've never been taught how to read or write in Hmong. My father introduce to me this Hmong writing style the other day and it was pretty interesting. The writing seems as if it's Arabic. Well, does anyone know anything about this writing style?

What I think about Hmong people? I think we're a unique group of people and I am proud to be Hmong. If I were to be another race, I don't think I would be where I am today. I believe that as a group, we should be more open-minded, learn to trust each other, and learn to make our own decisions instead of following others. If we can do this, there may be a bright future for us. :D
yeah! so you were arguing w/ a 16 year old in the other thread ;) ...true..i only know a few bunch my age esp who can still speak prettie good hmong w/ both young & old ppl

Those Arabic look-a-like writing is called "Ntawv Hmoob Koos Haum" eheehe..i wanted to learn them too...but i'll stick w/ the roman letter for now..still practicing writing in hmong...

danger

sarNie Hatchling
yeah! so you were arguing w/ a 16 year old in the other thread ;) ...true..i only know a few bunch my age esp who can still speak prettie good hmong w/ both young & old ppl

Those Arabic look-a-like writing is called "Ntawv Hmoob Koos Haum" eheehe..i wanted to learn them too...but i'll stick w/ the roman letter for now..still practicing writing in hmong...
Oh ok, thanks for the info. Do you have someone teaching you to write in Hmong or are you just learning it by yourself? One way that helps me is by reading the cover labels from Hmong movies because it really helps a lot. Well, for me it did :D .

theone

sarNie Egg
wow! I am really happy to be a Hmong....haha every Hmong people should know how to speak the hmong language.
In my opinion i feel that the Hmong language and tradition is being forgotten more and more each year. The Hmong people should
try to spend more time speaking Hmong so that the language, and tradition will continue to keep flourishing as does the Hmong population.

hmm....anyway, if there is a next life, i would like to be born as a Hmong again.

danger

sarNie Hatchling
wow! I am really happy to be a Hmong....haha every Hmong people should know how to speak the hmong language.
In my opinion i feel that the Hmong language and tradition is being forgotten more and more each year. The Hmong people should
try to spend more time speaking Hmong so that the language, and tradition will continue to keep flourishing as does the Hmong population.

hmm....anyway, if there is a next life, i would like to be born as a Hmong again.
theone, if you say that then why don't you ever speak Hmong and why don't you understand the language? :lol: You need lessons from me? I will give you a discount.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
Oh ok, thanks for the info. Do you have someone teaching you to write in Hmong or are you just learning it by yourself? One way that helps me is by reading the cover labels from Hmong movies because it really helps a lot. Well, for me it did :D .
u're welcome...yes! actuallie this is the first year that my high school is offering a Hmong class..and it counts as Foreign Language..so tat's a plus for others..but i've alreadie finish my credits..juz wanted to learn it...but we haven't done much...LOL..tat's me too...the movie lables..

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid

hey! even though u dun know how to speak it fluently..or know the customs very well...at least you're supporting it and want to learn correct? unlike some other ppl...

dorky_vang

sarNie Adult
IM SO GLAD TO BE BORN HMONG ;)
HMONG IS TIGHT N WE HAWT... :lol:
PEEJ HMOOB ARE SPECIAL IN THERE OWN WAY N I LOVE
THAT ABOUT US... ^_^
I TRYING TO LEARN HMONG ..
I KNOE TO READ HMOOB BUT NOT WRITE..
MY DAD WELL TEACH MEH SUMDAY...

I KEEP HEARING FROM OLDER ONES TAT ONE DAY US HMOOB
WON'T BE ABLE TO SPEACK HMONG NOMORE OR
BE HMOOB..
I DON'T WANT US TO BE LIKE THOSE
PEEPS ARITE..
I SO HAPPY US HMOOB ARE HAPPY WAT WE ARE..
N I HOPE ONE DAY EVEN AFTER I DIED,..
I HOPE OUR CHILDRENS CHILDRENS STILL TALK HMOOB..
LOL.. :yahoo: :loool:

danger

sarNie Hatchling
u're welcome...yes! actuallie this is the first year that my high school is offering a Hmong class..and it counts as Foreign Language..so tat's a plus for others..but i've alreadie finish my credits..juz wanted to learn it...but we haven't done much...LOL..tat's me too...the movie lables..
Oh really, I wished my school would have a Hmong class back when I was in high school. :lol: So how was it? Is the class any hard?

mai92

sarNie Adult
i like hmong..i love hmong..
i like and love everything that is hmong!!!

mly

sarNie Hatchling

It must be Pahawh Hmong Alphabet.
http://www.omniglot.com/writing/hmong.htm

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
IM SO GLAD TO BE BORN HMONG ;)
HMONG IS TIGHT N WE HAWT... :lol:
PEEJ HMOOB ARE SPECIAL IN THERE OWN WAY N I LOVE
THAT ABOUT US... ^_^
I TRYING TO LEARN HMONG ..
I KNOE TO READ HMOOB BUT NOT WRITE..
MY DAD WELL TEACH MEH SUMDAY...

I KEEP HEARING FROM OLDER ONES TAT ONE DAY US HMOOB
WON'T BE ABLE TO SPEACK HMONG NOMORE OR
BE HMOOB..
I DON'T WANT US TO BE LIKE THOSE
PEEPS ARITE..
I SO HAPPY US HMOOB ARE HAPPY WAT WE ARE..
N I HOPE ONE DAY EVEN AFTER I DIED,..
I HOPE OUR CHILDRENS CHILDRENS STILL TALK HMOOB..
LOL.. :yahoo: :loool:

And you know what??? i've read all of the responded messeges and i doubt that you got the best attention notes that catches my thoughts....lol....
wanna know why????
because i've been thinking about that in many times...that in the future....our hmong traits are going to forget about the cultures and languages....im so worried about that......i predicted that we're gonna have hmonglish old people in the future....that is sad....especially, our hmong jingle bells and hmong society or hmong manners and so on....whatever it is...as of right now im just stressing about how are we "hmong" gonna move on without those things.....you know.....we're gonna have huge issues....so one way to keep the hmong language alive was to practice write and read....and to enjoy listening to our hmong songs or movies than other racist.....

im alwase on task....lol....me got no issues on hmong language at all...i know how to speak hmong and write in hmong.....and now im converting my lanuage into english....that just funnie....laterz...oh yeah..
im planning to be a hmong teacher in the future career....if i cant then i might just do a movie and make it all about hmong life.....lol....

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
^ :D hais los soj! kuv xav hnov koj cov me lus qab qab zib ntawm ko heev li os saib seb nwb puas yuav daj dee tau kuv me nplooj siab ntawm no. ;) ;)

i watch too many hmong movies. lol