show hmong pride here

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
wat the heck????? i never knew we had an alphabet like this??????? it's kinda like thai..if u catch my drift....i dont kno y we created an alphabet NOW??? its kinda tooooooo late...and even if im hmong, i wouldn't want to use this alphabet.....it looks soooo confusing...i would rather stick to "kuv hlub koj" than "yfb Md yfa(in NAADAS hmong font if u install it)"

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
^ :D hais los soj! kuv xav hnov koj cov me lus qab qab zib ntawm ko heev li os saib seb nwb puas yuav daj dee tau kuv me nplooj siab ntawm no. ;) ;)

i watch too many hmong movies. lol
ey! what the heck are you guys doing? lol...it just funnie...i thought this should be only about hmong thingy and now it's turning into a hmong battle...gay tiagzzz........lol....txaus luag heev dhau lawm os....tsis thas yuav sib tw li os, kuv yeej paub hais tias peb txhua tus puav leej txawj sau thiab hais lus hmoob zoo heev lawm...so yeah....

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
hahahaha i think its funny too.
out of all my friends and cousins, i'm the only one that i can the most hmong. and when i do my cousins will look at me and yell at me. i guess i appreciate the language more than they do. its kinda sad if you think about it.

danger

sarNie Hatchling
^ :D hais los soj! kuv xav hnov koj cov me lus qab qab zib ntawm ko heev li os saib seb nwb puas yuav daj dee tau kuv me nplooj siab ntawm no. ;) ;)

i watch too many hmong movies. lol
Hmm, maybe you do know how to sweet talk in Hmong. I'm a bit scare now. :D

danger

sarNie Hatchling
hahahaha i think its funny too.
out of all my friends and cousins, i'm the only one that i can the most hmong. and when i do my cousins will look at me and yell at me. i guess i appreciate the language more than they do. its kinda sad if you think about it.
Oh yea...I bet I can speak more Hmong than you :p .

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
i'm a native moob leeg speaker, so i can speak both moob leeg and hmoob dawb. my grandma taught me how to ua paj ntaub when i was like 7 so i can also do that too. :D that's a bonus for a hmong girl.

danger

sarNie Hatchling
i'm a native moob leeg speaker, so i can speak both moob leeg and hmoob dawb. my grandma taught me how to ua paj ntaub when i was like 7 so i can also do that too. :D that's a bonus for a hmong girl.
Oh really. Wow, I'm impressed, while at the same time I'm also shocked. Why? Because I was about to lose hope that there isn't anymore traditional Hmong girls these days anymore. :lol: So...koj paub ua paj ntaub thiab lod? Interesting, first girl I've ever heard from in America who mention that they still know how to do them. Great to know we still have our traditional girls out there somewhere... :D

danger

sarNie Hatchling
Danger, don't act like you don't like sweet talk, you sweet talk to your boyfriend all the time :lol:
theone, don't make me start roasting your butt. :lol: Go and do your homework and practice your singing skills, for I will kill you so bad this coming summer. :lol:

theone

sarNie Egg
zoo...kuv zoo siab hais tias kos tseem muaj lub siab ua paj ntaub thiab os. :D

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
wow! you know how to do paj ntaub...great!
all my sisters know how to do paj ntaub too! but my youngest sister she really sucks at it...hehe...
it's nice to hear from you all and i wish to hear mores~~~~

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
believe it or not. i LOVE doing paj ntaub needlework. its so calm and soothing for me. the only time that i do it is during the summer because i dont have homework to do. also i feel that as a hmong girl, i should be able to do it so when i have kids they will have hmong clothes to call their own. now a days we dont have to worry about sewing it because ppl will be selling it all the times but it be nice to have it been made from your mom. in all my 16 years of life, my mom only sew me like 2 hmong outfits. and i was heartbroken because i see other hmong girls will have different hmong clothes each year while i'm wearing the same one every single year. i have ALOT hmong pride in me that sometimes other hmong kids think i'm too cocky.

danger

sarNie Hatchling
believe it or not. i LOVE doing paj ntaub needlework. its so calm and soothing for me. the only time that i do it is during the summer because i dont have homework to do. also i feel that as a hmong girl, i should be able to do it so when i have kids they will have hmong clothes to call their own. now a days we dont have to worry about sewing it because ppl will be selling it all the times but it be nice to have it been made from your mom. in all my 16 years of life, my mom only sew me like 2 hmong outfits. and i was heartbroken because i see other hmong girls will have different hmong clothes each year while i'm wearing the same one every single year. i have ALOT hmong pride in me that sometimes other hmong kids think i'm too cocky.
Great to hear that. B) It's ok, they can wear as many new outfits as they want, but they still can't compare with our traditional ones. You have a right to be cocky, they should feel ashamed of themselves. :lol: Also, you're only 16 and have already accomplished more than an average Hmong girl has. Good for you!!! :D

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
Great to hear that. B) It's ok, they can wear as many new outfits as they want, but they still can't compare with our traditional ones. You have a right to be cocky, they should feel ashamed of themselves. :lol: Also, you're only 16 and have already accomplished more than an average Hmong girl has. Good for you!!! :D
wow! danger...im sure you're very clever...you should be a judgement or whatever it is as for your future career....hehe....

danger

sarNie Hatchling
wow! danger...im sure you're very clever...you should be a judgement or whatever it is as for your future career....hehe....

You just now notice that I'm clever? haha j/k I was thinking about being a lawyer, but changed my mind. I just want to live in the wild and roam around with animals. :D That would be so much fun.

cecilia

Staff member
wow, i'm impressed at what you gals have done in this thread. lots of hmong pride. i think the advantage of being hmong is being able to know and communicate in so many languages. from experience, it's much easier for us to learn other languages more than any other nationalities out there just b/c the way our dialects work. as a matter of fact, i'm happy that alot of the young hmong teens are coming back to their roots and starting everything over. i just learn to rediscover the life of hmong all over again since becoming an intepreter. zoo siab tias tseem muaj cov neeg hluas qhuas txog peb cov hmoob nyob rau hauv lub teb chaws mika ntawm no vim hais tias feem ntau kuv tau pom cov me nyuam tub hluas thiab ntxhais hluas mus nriav kev phem ua xwb. this definitely gives lots of hope for the community. let's keep the good pride coming and also, let's learn to evolve around each other changes.

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
You just now notice that I'm clever? haha j/k I was thinking about being a lawyer, but changed my mind. I just want to live in the wild and roam around with animals. :D That would be so much fun.
omg! ok...sure if that's what you really wanted then go for what you wish...lol...
but i hope it wont last long....hehe.....the next thing i knew, you're already a magazine man or movie actor or docter or teacher or sponser or whatever you're on.... i would be like...whoa!!! is that danger!!! hehe...i dont know how you look like but that was just my example....lol...

danger

sarNie Hatchling
omg! ok...sure if that's what you really wanted then go for what you wish...lol...
but i hope it wont last long....hehe.....the next thing i knew, you're already a magazine man or movie actor or docter or teacher or sponser or whatever you're on.... i would be like...whoa!!! is that danger!!! hehe...i dont know how you look like but that was just my example....lol...
Haha, seriously I would rather live in the wild if I have a choice. I would rather live a carefree life with no one to bother and no problems to worry about. That would be like heaven, wouldn't it? B)

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
ey! what the heck are you guys doing? lol...it just funnie...i thought this should be only about hmong thingy and now it's turning into a hmong battle...gay tiagzzz........lol....txaus luag heev dhau lawm os....tsis thas yuav sib tw li os, kuv yeej paub hais tias peb txhua tus puav leej txawj sau thiab hais lus hmoob zoo heev lawm...so yeah....
ey! what the heck are you guys doing?lol...i thought this should be only about hmong thingy too and not it's turning into a.....
just kidding! just kidding! :lol:

to make my post useful. I LOVE hmong food. those boiled pork with vegetables. dipped that pork in hmong hot sauce. and those stuffed chicken wings. what we need is our own kind of noodles. CHinese got Chow mein, japanese got Udon, Vietnamese got pho, and Thai got those curry kaphon noodles. we need some of our own kind of noodles.