Silamanee (Compordee)

maijune

SarNie Adult
i am so in love with silamanee...each eps always makes me want to see the next ep....still downloading ep 7 can't wait to see it....

Natsume

sarNie Adult
I like this lakorn but... I'm already tired of seeing Mae Leang...she doesn't really do anything exept wearing pretty clothes...
Now I can't watch an episode without fast forwarding or else I'd fall asleep ^^

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Haha. I agree, Mae Liang is just a pretty face, everyone only sees her beautiful quality that's all they think about (referring to Parote and Atisak). It's Ngam who does all the actions w/ Parote, her personality outshine more since she's so feisty as compare to the modest Mae Liang.

I think they should tone down the scenes w/ Parote and his companions (Pipope his brother and Atisak his friend) each time he's w/ them it seem like he's in the shrink's office. Haha. Talking about things that we already know. And the reminiscing scenes drags the lakorn.

runbabyrun

sarNie Hatchling
I just finished watching today's episode on YouTube. So what really happened? Did Parote tell Chalee that Nam spent the night with him? And what's the preview for tomorrow about? :D

I agree with you guys. I'm getting really sick and tired of seeing Mae Liang. I understand that she's a big part of Nam's plan to get the Silamanee back, but I guess I just prefer Nam & Parote's time together on screen versus his time with Mae Liang. And I'd just rather not see her at all at this point.

And thanks nancyvang for the info about the new characters. I hope the girl's a na'rai, but did they really have to add one more guy to the show that is in love with Saengfarng/Nam? Between overly obsessive Chalee and Saibordee, she has enough on her plate not to mention Parote has finally realized that he likes her. :lol:

decoy

sarNie Hatchling
no, he hasn't spill that bag of beans out yet, he just says they're seeing of each other more often lately.... but he hasn't mention that they spent a night in the same house alone by themself as of yet.......!!!!

runbabyrun

sarNie Hatchling
the prince guy is part of the Old lakorn as well....so it isn;t randomly added
I didn't think he was a random addition to the cast. That's the one thing that I love about Silamanee. Every character plays an important role. They aren't just on the show for no reason.

So in the old version what was his role? I know he likes the princess, but did he affect Saengfarng's relationship with Parote or did she actually like him (contrary to her relationship with Saibordee, where she just views him as her brother)?

no, he hasn't spill that bag of beans out yet, he just says they're seeing of each other more often lately.... but he hasn't mention that they spent a night in the same house alone by themself as of yet.......!!!!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Chalee was mad because Parote pretty much indicated that he and Nam were dating or going to start dating?

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
I think they should tone down the scenes w/ Parote and his companions (Pipope his brother and Atisak his friend)
That's funny. Because I actually like those parts o_O. I must be dull. Indeed indeed.

I aslo liked the part when Parote rejected mae liang. =D

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
lol. The part Parote turn down Mae Liang. Now that demolish her confident. It kinda set her to reality too. That her character as Mae Liang won't affect Parote. So she needs to stop her "passion trap."

Prince Gawin, if I'm correct he only showed up almost at the end of the old version. He's just another guy that Princess Saengfarng was willing to give the Silamanee to, just to despite Parote, I don't think it have that much of effect because Princess Saengfarng is not close to him like she's w/ Saibordee or Chalee, it's like her relationship w/ Atisak, normal/casual.

As for the end of episode 9. Parote didn't say straight out that they spent a night together but yes he did indicated that Ngam and he were seeing each other. And Chalee gets the hints too. I love the scene Parote and Ngam were together at his beach house. Even though the night was short, the scene she was applying medicine to him was funny, and the scene they were drinking milk was cute. I only wish there was more to it.

Did anyone notice in episode 9 when Pra'ek mom wore that yellow dress thingy. It's funny how she says she dislike uncivilized people. But right there, she dress like a jungle girl. lmao!

jackielee978

sarNie Adult
So he did fall for Ngam. I wonder what he would do if he realize that Ngam is Mae Liang.. it would be funny..I can't wait to see the next episode in Subbed

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Okay, Ngam Sanluang is beginning to irritate me badly. I mean, she still has this ego trip against Parote when he has been quite a gentleman towards her. Okay, he has lied to her a few times and jokes with her but overall, he's harmless in the end. If he was that untrustworthy, he would have raped her when she slapped him at the beach house. He actually kept a calm composure too.

Anyway, it just gets even more annoying ever since she broke it off with Charlie/Chalee. She acts as if Chalee's love for her is so gracious, important, and deep, then why not return the feelings? :rolleyes: Parote was right when he said, she won't take repsonsibility for Chalee's love and pain. Ngam knows she doesn't love Chalee, then just say so and act so too. Geesh, don't be acting like you're going through a heartbreak when you supposedly don't love the guy. And please, just tell the guy that you're truly not interested. Saying "I don't love you" once to these psychos won't do the trick especially how Ngam tries to run after him everytime too, it just further misleads the poor psycho. :rolleyes: And stop with the whole hate thing against Parote. She's blaming Parote for being the jerk here but in retrospect, she's the jerk for misleading Chalee all this time. If Ngam had been clear from the beginning, no one would be cleaning up the trash. Okay, maybe not in the beginning since Ngam was planning on using Chalee but she should have stopped misleading the guy like episodes ago when she realized that she wasn't going to use him as a route anymore but Parote instead.:rolleyes: Talk about double standards, Ngam is a hypocrite. UGH. I just had to vent out my anger. Gosh, Ngam is quite unreasonable sometimes. I would do the same thing if I were Parote. Parote is Chalee's older brother, how can he stand seeing Chalee invest everything, his life, his career for a woman who doesn't even love him nor plans to stay with him. -_- It's Ngam who should stop being so hardheaded and just go with the white lie of being Parote's girlfriend. In the end, it's Parote who is doing a good deed, saving Chalee and freeing Ngam from Chalee YET receiving hate from both sides, that's so sad.

So far, I like this version way more than the previous, it's a lot more thorough, the dialogue is pretty good, and there's a lot of scenes between the leads, showing us how they fall for each other and stuff but Ngam needs to loosen that attitude of hers, it's too rigid. And I like it how Parote realizes his love for Ngam and ends things with Mae Liang. And finally, a sweet scene, the scarf scene in Episode 10, that was sweet. I want to see more of that between Parote and Ngam.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
^^ Wow. That's a lot of eye rolling up there. But I find nothing to disagree with. I like this version better than the old one, I guess I can say that. I'll have to add that the princess version in this one has more pride than composure. An imbalance because of the lack thereof in the latter cheapens the ideal princess image when said princess lets her her emotions get the best of her. But hey, who are we to judge if we've never met a real princess! Maybe they all have formidable, untempered vulnerabilities! But by and large, this IS the only serie I've my eyes on recently, during this beautiful season of the Earth o_O.

rakcharm

sarNie Juvenile
lol she is a hyprocrite. all saying that he look down at her cuz she's poor yaddy..when he never even said anything. and she's the one who thinks she's better than anyone else just cuz she's a princess. so much pride more like she's stuck up.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
^Dang, you just brought up a good point I missed up there that really bothered me. Here Ngam is hating on Parote for pre-judging her and not accepting her as a human being but if you ask me, she's the one pre-juding him, about how the wealthy always step all over the poor. That notion may be true but if she's so against stereotypes then she shouldn't believe and act upon one herself. She's a Princess, next in line to govern the kingdom. I'm not sure if I would trust in her judgment to be Queen, she's already acting upon bad impulse and mood tantrums, against a guy who saved her life. :rolleyes:

cecilia

Staff member
^mood tantrums :loool: .. Ngam bugged me the last two episodes --- giving Chalee mis-signals :(

and Paul's acting is back to annoying me .. gosh, i want him just to be normal --- not overly protected like that, now he looks obsess.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I can't disagree with you guys, you brought up a good points. Ngam is stubborn and a hypocrite. I think her hatred for those who are keeping the Silamanee makes her blind sided. She may claim her actions is just for the sake of the Silamanee, but really her motive is because of spite. She's so proud of her country that she's unable to comprehend another person's culture. No wonder people keep calling her country barbaric and uncivilized. She had gone for education in the country, she should at least have some condolence toward outsiders. For Parote, even if he doesn't agree with Chiangrath's tradition, he doesn't need to talk down on the country and make assumptions about their princess, it's insulting. The only character that is understanding and lovable is...Pipope, the older adoptive brother of the Rachasena household, I love this guy. He just lightens the mood.

As for Ngam and Chalee, she wants to stop the relationship between her and Chalee yet she continue to give him false hopes. And just because you said "I don't love you" Uh-uh it will not make that psycho go away, you just make him worst. Ah. And Chalee throwing tantrums just annoys me, he's a little naive child, it seem he understands a situation but he choose to ignore it, in other words in denial. And Ngam, keeps taking him back...she needs to stop feeling sorry for him. It's over then it's over.

I love the white lie though. Parote is being loose w/ Ngam, he's a gentlemen even though he has such a razor sharp tongue. I'm surprise, Parote didn't have any ill desires when he was alone w/ Ngam. Haha. In most Thai dramas we would assume pra'ek takes the opportunity to uh...you know... :p And the scarf scene is sweet, the way Parote looked at Ngam, he was very sincere and caring. As oppose to the way he looked at Mae Liang, it was all just desire and lust.

Saengfarng need to tone down her pride, she wants to be Ngam Saenluang the normal citizen but her high and might characteristic as the Princess of Chiangrath is still intact. I think the Princess's only weak point is when she meets her mother, it's the only time she drops her tears.

I wonder how Parote is going to love Ngam to the fullest when he promise his mother already that he won't bring in an uncivilized daughter-in-law or a Chiangrath daughter-in-law. Hmm....between his lover and his mother.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Random. :lol: I'm very curious why Parote was able to just enter Gnam's lecture in eps 8, was it. Thailand don't have strict university norms? I mean *thinks* that's just quite odd. I guess we can assume they're more friendly and less formal there? blurdge it. -laughs- That scene brought a smile to my face though when the ai jahn mentioned max weber. Ngam's either taking philosophy or sociology.