Smile Again, Jojo

yoopeurtur

sarNie Egg
great fanfic!
it's unique that we are the main person.
i could never imagine myself being the main one.
NOTE TO SELF: MINHO’S CONDITION CONCLUDE AS BIPOLAR!
i totally agree with that line.
he was all to himself and "dark" in the first chapter and then in the second he changes all of a sudden.

jeeja

Miss SMILES :D

I stood constant in my position as he walked over and high-five his buddies. I felt some pats on my shoulder as everyone seemed to be smiling a lot tonight. It is as if they haven’t seen Minho in years. I shook out of my thoughts as someone’s long arm wrapped around my neck, as if that person was giving me a buddy cuddle.

“Ay little buddy, I didn’t know you were interested in these kind competitions too,” he whispered to my ear.

“Don’t worry Minho, there’s a lot more that you don’t know about me,” I smirk back at him.

“Well, I can’t wait to find out.” He chuckled. Ugh, that just since a chill to my spine. Then he turns towards the Seung Ho. “So Seung Ho, please in depth those competitions for us.”

“Sure,” Seung Ho replied. “First Competition is Physical Abilities. Second is Mental Abilities and third is Social Abilities, but for each challenge we will have to compete in three different criteria. Also each challenge is limited to a maximum of five participants.” Seung Ho explained the challenges for each of them as he wondered around for the number of participation. He assigned at least everyone to one of them, for those who didn’t take part he made them cheerleaders, which I thought was pretty darn funny, but also COOL. ^___^ Once thing I forgot to mention, some of these challenges are insane and when I mean insane they are just out of place. I participated in at least one of the three challenges within each competition. Will here’s the finalized list:

~Physical Abilities:
-Strength: Seung Ho ‘MBLAQ’ – Minho ‘SHINee’ – Joon ‘MBLAQ’ – Jojo
-Dancing: Taemin ‘SHINee’ – G.O ‘MBLAQ’ – Hee Chul ‘ZE:A’
-Appearance: Jonghyun ‘SHINee’ – Nichkhun ‘2PM’ – Taecyoen ‘2PM’
~Mental Abilities:
-Knowledge: Seung Ho ‘MBLAQ’ – Onew ‘SHINee’ – Min Woo ‘ZE:A' – Jojo
-Self Control: Minho ‘SHINee’ – Thunder ‘MBLAQ’ – Kwang Hee ‘ZE:A’ – Joon ‘MBLAQ’
-Define a Girl’s Mind: Wooyoung ‘2PM’ – Kevin ‘ZE:A’ – Mir ‘MBLAQ’ – Key ‘SHINee’
~Social Abilities:
-Attitudes/Mood Ticker: Junsu ‘2PM’ – Si Wan ‘ZE:A’ –Dong Joon ‘ZE:A’ – Taceyeon ‘2PM’
-Communication Skills: Seung Ho ‘MBLAQ’ – Minho ‘SHINee’ – Taecyeon ‘2PM’ – Key ‘SHINee’ – Jojo
-Flirting: Junho ‘2PM’ – Chansung ‘2PM’ – Joon ‘MBLAQ’ – Jun Young ‘ZE:A’ – Nichkhun ‘2PM’
~Cheerleaders: Kim Tae Hun ‘ZE:A’ – Park Hyung Shik ‘ZE:A’

“So are all you cool with your challenge?” Seung Ho asked.

“Sure…Yeah…OK…” everyone nodded and shouted.

“It’s late now; you can all head back to your rooms. Thanks for participating and attending the meeting everyone. Good night.” Seung Ho send everyone off to bed as he held me back for a few seconds, “Ay Jojo, can I have a word with you.”

“Sure,” I replied. I walked over to him as Minho was giving me the eye, but I ignored him. “What is it Seung Ho?” I asked.

“How’s everything going for you? Do you like it here?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m slowly learning the place, but everything else is good so far,” I replied.

“Good to hear that and…oh, almost forgot. If you ever need anything you can always come to me, I’ll help you out okay, dongsaeng.” He gave me a slight punch on the shoulder.

“Thanks op…hyung.” I almost mistakenly noted him. Lucky call or else he could have caught me. He smiled and left as I turned around and headed back towards my room. I walked in and headed to my bed ignoring the beast that was already in there. I laid flat on my bed and sighed as I thought to myself. I must be the luckiest person in the world to meet such cool people who are looking out for me. Seung Ho Oppa, he’s a generous guy, Siwon, Taemin and also everyone else excluding Minho. But most of all, the little boy who brought colors back into my life. Him, I’ll never forget and hopefully soon enough I’ll find him again… And before I could remind myself of anything else I started to yawn and slowly closed my eyes.

---Minho’s POV---
I saw Jojo walking up to her bed ignoring my presences in the room. I heard her lying down on her bed and slowly let out a sighed, then after about ten minutes I heard some soft breathing. She must be asleep. I walked over and flick off the lights, but still Jojo’s lamp was on. I walked closer to the staircase and heard some soft snoring. I chuckle out of nowhere and started my way up to her bed. She was asleep facing down on her bed and with her head turn towards the lamp. I reached over and was about to turn off the lamp as she whispered something.

“Ki-young Umma…I miss you…”

I listened carefully to what she was whispering.

“Ki-Young Umma’s Sunshine Home…Umma…Umma…where are you?”

She whispered Ki-Young’s name numerous times and also Sunshine Home. I quickly noticed a drop of tear slightly sliding down from her eye. Why is she crying?

“Umma…” she quivered a little now. “Where are you Umma…?” she started to cry a little louder. “Umma…”

I couldn’t think of anything to do, but quickly I shook her and called out her name, “Jojo…Jojo…” She calmed down a bit and then smiled a little.

“I promise I’ll always smile…” she let out a sighed then quickly lowered back into her quiet sleep.

I rose up and dimmed her lamp a little then headed down the stair back to my bed. No matter how much I tried to sleep, I kept twisting and turning. What is wrong with me? After some long quietness, I was able to rest.
---End of Minho’s POV---

It was six-thirty in the morning when I woke up. I grabbed my uniform and headed to the bathroom to change. I washed my face and noticed my eyes were a bit swollen. Did I not get enough sleep or something? I washed up and brushed my teeth and made sure there was no extra toothpaste on the side of my lips. I got dressed and walked out of the bathroom as Minho got up from his bed.

“Morning,” I said. He ignored me and headed straight to the bathroom. I’m in a pretty good mood right now, so I’m just gonna ignored whatever just happened. I walked back to my bed and wore my shocks and grabbed my bag as something dropped. I reached for it and found the emblem. I smiled because last night I had a special dream about him again, but somehow it sounded so real. That dream was just too clear to even be a dream. I remember seeing Ki-young Umma and Sunshine Home; I even remember seeing my own Umma too. She was there with me by the bus stop, then suddenly she disappeared, and as much as I screamed and cried she wouldn’t come back. Then I felt two arms reached out for me and grabbed me from that darkness…the smile that formed along his lips was still him…the boy I’ve been looking for. But somehow in my dream he seems taller now. He’s all grown up and he stood like a gentleman before me. “Aw…if only it was true.” I let out a sighed.

I heard Minho walking out of the bathroom as I hid the emblem under my pillow. He looked at me as if I was hiding a secret from him, but what else can I hide, he already knows my biggest secret. I marched down and told him I was heading to class and left.

In class the teacher went over everything we did yesterday and added a new lesson. Finally class ended as we all left out to begin our practice or as Key calls it ‘OUR STUDIES.’ We headed to the track field where Minho, Seung Ho and the rest of the other guys were already jogging and testing there time. Still I don’t get why running has to do with strength, but I guess I’ll just have to play along with the challenges.

“Ay Jojo,” someone called me as I spun around and saw Shindong along with Siwon and another guy walking by. “We heard you were joining this year’s competition and since our Senior College Committee will be this year’s judges, we wanted to come by and see how everyone’s doing so far.” Shindong smiled.

“We’re doing great,” Seung Ho replied as he walked up behind me. “All thanks to my dongsaeng right here, we have our happy feet on the tracks again.”

“Really?” the other guy who came with Shindong and Siwon exclaimed.

“Just look down there, I’m sure not lying to you all.” Seung Ho pointed to the tracks as me and the rest of the other guys looked down there. We noticed Minho sprinting.

“How did you get Minho to join this year Seung Ho? That guy asked again.

“Like I said, it wasn’t me. It all goes to my dongsaeng right here.”

“Ah…” that guy turns towards me, “let me introduce myself. I think this is probably the first time we actually met. I’m Leeteuk, nice to meet you.”

“Jung Jojo,” I introduced myself.

“So how did you get Minho to join this year?” he asked. The others stared at me as if I’d killed someone.

“Nothing, all I said was ‘ah we’re having a meeting in the lobby, would you like to join and that was it.” I replied. They looked at me as if there was something else to it too. “What are you guys wondering about?”

“Thanks Jojo,” I felt a pat from Siwon. “I haven’t seen Minho out here in years. I’m glad you got him into doing something he loves again. I knew I could count on you.”

Really, so it is my fault for inviting Minho to the group discussion. Now everyone’s making a big deal out of it. I looked at all of them then down to the field and saw Minho staring right back up at me. How UNFORTUNATE can I GET!

We headed down to the track field and walked up to Minho and Joon. Joon greeted his sunbaes kindly, but Minho ignored their presences and jogged off. Who does he think he is anyway?

“Jojo, you’re up for timing,” Jonghyun shouted out.

“Coming,” I replied. I sat on the track and ran the distance required.

“Wow, you did a great job Jojo,” Jonghyun complimented, “now it’s your turn Seung Ho.” Seung Ho left to test his runtime as I walked over to the other guys.

“Minho-ah,” even Siwon stumbled upon saying his name. Siwon walked over as I walked behind him along with the other guys too. “How have you been doing? Appa misses you, you know. If you’re free sometimes, please visit him and Umma…”

“Umma died, I have no Umma and I don’t consider you a relative. In fact I don’t even consider you a friend,” Minho protested. He tired to walk off as Siwon placed his hand on his shoulder.

“Minho, I know you’re still angry, but you have to face the reality that’s in front of you,” Siwon said.

“Reality, huh? Reality is the existence of my resistance.” He pushed away Siwon’s hand as the other guys tried to cool him down, but he ignored them and pushed them all aside and walked off.

I could see the look in Minho’s face that he was pissed, but why, does he really hate Siwon that much? I think that is something that I can never understand about Minho, him and his issues. Somehow I had the urged to follow him into the locker. He was washing his face as I walked up behind him and stated, “What is your problem?” He turns around looking at me with the back-away-or-I’ll-hurt-you stare. “Since the day I stepped foot onto this school, I’ve never heard a good word coming from your mouth. You better stop with that attitude of yours or else....”

“What are you going to do about it?” he interrupted me, “Do you think you even have the right to barge into my privacy like that?”

“No!” I shouted at him. “Why can’t you be like your brother?”

“Don’t you dare ever to compare that traitor to me!” he glared back at me coldly and with that he walked out of the locker leaving me clueless with his words. I shook myself out of that boldness and walked out towards the field and came across Siwon along the way there. We walked to a bench and sat down like buddies and chatted about Minho.

Siwon began, “After our Umma’s death, our Appa remarried to another woman. I agreed for him too, but Minho couldn’t agree to it. I don’t blame him; he is still young and has a lot more to learn. But because of that he moved out and stayed in the dorms instead.”

“Oh…” I let out a whispered, so that’s why Minho is always so pissed. “So why did you tell me all this?” I asked, confusingly.

“Because you’re Minho’s roommate I believe you deserve to know a little more about him too,” Siwon uttered. I just nodded to whatever he was trying to say about Minho. “How about you? Do you have any secrets you want to share with me too?”

I swallowed hard and laughed, “What is else is there that I haven’t said already?”

“Nothing, you’re very bold though. That’s something I like about you,” he compliment me.

“Thanks, you’re a great hyung to me too,” I replied and did a friendly hand shake with him. If only Minho can be understandable like you then it wouldn’t be so hard to live in the same room with him. Then Siwon and I headed back to the track field.

After practice I headed back to my room and found Minho already asleep. I dropped my belongings off on my bed and headed for the showers. After I got out I flicked off the lights and headed up towards my bed. I dimmed my lamp and took out the emblem under my pillow. He could be anybody here, I’ll have to nail down my search or it may take forever to find him. I was about ready to sleep as I heard a low mumbled…

With my flashlight I marched down the stairs and walked over to Minho. Wait, why the heck am I worried about him for? But still my feet urged me over to his bed. “Minho-ah, are you okay?” I asked. He didn’t reply or even let out a whisper. I poked his shoulder a little and tired to wake him, but he didn’t budge at all. “Minho…Minho...”

I reached for his forehand as he grabbed my hand, and the next thing I knew, I was right beside him on his bed. “Minho-ah…let go of me. I don’t like playing games.”

“Please…don’t go,” he whispered, as I felt his arm wrapped over me. Why I wonder, even to a cold man like Minho, his voice still quivers in a tragic tone. His gripped on my shoulder shook me as it tightens.

“Minho, you’re hurting me,” I tried to push his arm off me, but it weighed like a gazillion tons.

“Umma…don’t go…” he whispered.

“Umma,” I said as I turned towards his face which was just inches away from mine. He has no Umma like me too. I’ve never realized this, but who would ever think this devil and I had so much in common. Sometimes we are still babies for cry for their ummas. I don’t blame Minho for his issues; I too, still have a lot to learn. So, I guess I’m gonna be stuck here for the night. I looked around and tired to sleep, but Minho’s arm was making it uncomfortable for me to even close my eyes.

Finally morning arrived. What morning already? I rose up from Minho’s bed. When did I doze off? I couldn’t have…no it can’t be. Ugh…I kicked the blanket. Wait…blanket? I don’t remember covering myself with any blankets. Could Minho have…wait, where is Minho? I looked around as Minho was out of sight – even his school bag was gone too. He must have left to class already.

I yawned and starched then got out of his bed. After I finished dressing and washed up I headed out. I walked to class and noticed Minho seated in his seat with his head down. I sighed then walked over to my seat and sat down as someone slipped then arms under my mines and pinned me to the wall. Darn, where’s the teacher when you need him.

“What is it Jinwoo ‘2AM’?” I asked, apparently I found out his name since he loves to talk so much in class. “What do you want from me today?” I looked at Minho who didn’t even care if anyone was going to hurt me.

“Tell me who you’re looking for?” he asked me aggressively.

“Ay man, what are you trying to say?” I protested.

He laughs, “Stop trying to deny it. Everyone here knows who you are and why you came to the academy for?”

Huh, how…how does…is it true? Am I that easily found out? Or…is it…that...

“You’re here because you want a chance with the wealthy ladies,” Jinwoo blurted, “don’t worry man, we got your back. Not all women here dig guys with money only. They mostly go for the looks.” He lets go of me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. “I hope we can be good friends Jojo and maybe sometimes even go hang out with the girls at the girls’ academy too.”

“Yo, that’s a great idea. You gotta hook me up on those girls too,” I lied in order to cover up my identity.

Jinwoo took out his hand as I did mine and we did a hand shake as he pulled me and we did that guy bumping shoulder thingy. Ow…that almost broke my shoulder, but I have to act cool.

We sat down as the teacher walked in and straighten up the class. I kept rubbing my shoulder from that rough tug as Minho turned around and glanced at me then turned back. Man, this will be a long school year.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! :D

a little spoiler for the next few chapters, just something to keep you thinking about my fic lol XD
You're in such a big mess (Yeah, it's BIG) and eventually couldn't stand up against what was in front of you (mentally, not physically), but instead two hands reached out for you, which one will you chose? The warm grip that no matter how much you fall, he'll pull you back up or the tight grip that will never let you go even though you're just barely hanging on? (lol, i'm not gonna tell who those two are)

jeeja

Miss SMILES :D
Great chapter.
So much cuties xD
Bipolar, ehh? ;)
Waiting for next chapter ^^...
Yes, there are a lot of cuties and there are more to come too :wub: Minho and his mood swings XP

eeeee.
i LOVE this chapter.
Again,i enjoyed every part.
wahh,i'm so COOL,i'm meeting all these AWESOME hotties.
tehe.can't wait for the next chapter!suree,i wanna kiss min ho again!
Of course u'r COOL! U'R totally full of AWESOMENESS, that's why you stand out in the whole group of guys :D
glad u like this chapter and don't worry, I'll make sure you getta kiss Minho again :fanfic:

OMG...Seung Ho is dorm leader hehehehehe...
not much scenes between me and Minho, but still it's a super cute chapter.
i met a whole bunch of hotties like Siwon, Shindong, Nick and some other cool guys too.
Competition huh? can't wait for what u have in-stored for me :spin:
i can predict some cute scenes coming my way haha!!!!
Seung Ho is a COOL dorm leader.
don't worry, i'll make sure u and Minho have more scenes in the later chapters. lol the HOTTIES XD
no competition yet in this chap, but i'll make sure there's some cute scenes =D

hehe, Bipolar :p & Yes! So excited for havin' an awesome dorm leader like SeungHo :wub: Gotta make MinHo jealous w/all these guys around :p
Sure, I'll make him jealous. Well, he gotta be since he's the only one who knows your a girl...well, he's the only so far who knows XD there b more to come when he starts being more human kekekek....

OMG, it's so interesting. I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing.
ur welcome. i love new readers <3

great fanfic!
it's unique that we are the main person.
i could never imagine myself being the main one.
NOTE TO SELF: MINHO’S CONDITION CONCLUDE AS BIPOLAR!
i totally agree with that line.
he was all to himself and "dark" in the first chapter and then in the second he changes all of a sudden.
Yes, U'R the PROTAGONIST. U'R the center of attention in this Fic. Ur super awesome, incredible and at the top of the world. Cuz it's you that matter :D U'R someone special. (i'm getting too excited lol) hehe, bipolar.

Thank you all for reading so far!!! <3 Alwayz Smile!

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Yes! Buddies with JinWoo. He seems like fun to hang out with and it'll be funny trying to act like a guy with him because he seems like a big flirt. :lmao3: Oh, and I love the list for the challenges. Can't wait until the competition. I was next to Min Ho all night :p and he even covered me with a blanket. I wouldn't mind sitting behind him all year :coverlaf:

kab hnub

sarNie Hatchling
HAHA, i agreed with Phone.
i LOVE the challenges lol and can't wait till it STARTS!
Wat i'm so excited about is 'I SLEPT ALONGSIDE MINHO FOR ONE WHOLE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' :eyetwitch:
Update soon, the spoilers are just killing me.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
I wish you were back on jeeja!! I think the producers or somebody from SM must've read your story because Minho is confirmed to be the lead role for Hana Kimi Korea (To the Beautiful You)!! I think it's airing this year too!!!