SUBBING HMONG MOVIES

caromaxline

sarNie Egg
Okay, I noticed, we might have 'hi-tech' hmong movies now a days but we never have subs on it. So even though we have these movies and want other cultures to accept us, we can't do anything if they can't understand.

So I was wondering if anyone might want to help me sub or have any video they want subbed?
Basically, what is the point of have DVDS if there are no subs or anything.
We always dub movies but I want to sub HMONG MOVIES. Actual movies. There are some that I would really want to sub, such as Kuv Leeg Niam. Sorry if i spelled it wrong.

anyone??
(sorry if I posted this in the wrong place? it was related to movies so yeah?)

sorry, i am no longer doing this subteam anymore.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Kuv Leeg Niam = My Dear (Dearest) Mother

Hmong words are complicated to sub because sometimes it goes in riddles. And one word can mean two-three things. Good lucks on finding someone to help you. I still have some Thai lakorns to sub.

caromaxline

sarNie Egg
true, i hate the riddles.
sometimes i can't even find the right words to explain them nor my sister. lol.x i will try.
first i have to find videos of that movie.

rainie_vang

sarNie Juvenile
oh man! i saw a couple that
have subs but the subs were so
bad i think it's better if
we don't have it on there...LOL!
(or if we do, they should be
edited and edited... and edited
AGAIN!!! by different SCHOLARS!)

caromaxline

sarNie Egg
i really hope i cna pull it off, well if anyone is interested, here is the forum i created for subbing team.
http://dyuse.b1.jcink.com/index.php

Wulusa

sarNie Juvenile
oh man! i saw a couple that
have subs but the subs were so
bad i think it's better if
we don't have it on there...LOL!
(or if we do, they should be
edited and edited... and edited
AGAIN!!! by different SCHOLARS!)
not true...i guess the ones you saw are only those videos who have no skills in translation, or probably their english skills aren't the best. Besides like nancy said, hmong words are complicate to translate. so the way you put it, i don't know if you would think that your translation would be better than those that put up in yt that's why you would be laughing at them, but if so, why not you teach them how to translate it in the right words, or put it in a better sentences for them. therefore instead of putting them down, why not give props to them for trying.

caromaxline, if you're gonna subbed hmong movies, i suggest you sub something that related to hmong culture. I'm sure that will attract people's attention. so good luck to anyone who joins. it's time to show the world what is hmong! :pervie:

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I think the ones by sweetfansubs or so account did a decent job. Compare to the ones officially sub they really need help.

It's hard to Eng. Sub for Hmong movies because our language are riddles and one word can mean many things.