TABBOO?? yang+yang. etc...

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
lol... i've never taboo before so i wouldn't know how it feels... ha!ha!ha!
i've never tabooed either
and i never will..
just thinking of it is disgusting already..
because i've grown up with people saying it's not okay..
so uhm.. after living for 20 year.. it's in your head. lol

Eegagromic

sarNie Egg
Attention Hmong people. It's 2009. Pull your heads out of the ground. This and other moronic rules in your culture is why Lao people look down on you so much. sheez.

Raindrops

sarNie Hatchling
Attention Hmong people. It's 2009. Pull your heads out of the ground. This and other moronic rules in your culture is why Lao people look down on you so much. sheez.

No need for rudeness or disrespecting another culture's belief. That was totally uncalled for.

macli

sarNie Hatchling
Korean people don't marry the same last name too. There was a Korean guy who liked me at work but later he found out that my last name is Lee and he is also a Lee. He accepted me as his sister and I was more than willing to accept him as my brother instead.

I've heard of this taboo every now and then. Yeah I've had friends who've liked or had crushes on someone with the same last name but they never dated.

Well you know when someone is born with a certain last name but their mother marries someone different so therefore they change their last name to the step father's last name. From what happened to someone I know this is also considered taboo. The parents were against it even though really they don't have the same last name, she just had to adopt the new last name as hers.

stephanie

sarNie Adult
isnt there like 20 hmong last name? someone gotta end up with another one with the same last name. haha. kiddin. but i heard tht thao's cant marry hang... (or something with a "h," i'm not quite sure) cuz they use to be thao's toom correct?

kulyia

RUK
well, this is not as worst as ur daughter in law SLEEPING with ur FATHER.iread this on this hmong sit.Thread about ghost.and the son caught them together and shot them..they were still IN IT too.and after that he killed himself and when the mommy moved out the house was haunted..anyhow..it was always the boy that would get hurt in those families that would move into that house.

angelness

sarNie Egg
That Hmong story about the brother and sister... is just a story just like the bible (sorry if I might have offended anyone) It's just my opinion. It's a story to fill up and explain the origins, but it's also a moral story as well.. just like the bible.. marrying your bro or sis is a taboo and therefore some Hmong people believe that everyone with the same last name is like brothers and sisters because it's from the father's side of the family. Hey, if you really wanted to date someone with the same last name as you then just change your's to your mom's. But, personally, I have a huge huge huge huge yang family with a zillion <--- okay, I'm exagerating there..hehe.. But I have hundreds of cousins I've never even met from all over the world! And I wouldn't ever even try dating another yang in my life. You never know who you might run into. Especially after the war separated so many families who are still trying to find each other, I think we should try not to cross this boundry. And especially, since some men--not all--spill their seeds like crazy everywhere, I don't think you would want to actually run into your blood sibling by accident and really cross the line.

If that story about the brother and sister was really true then we're all from the same baby so we're all related then..lol... there's like millions of Hmong people out there you can't possibly be related to every person with the same last name.... some people are just afraid to do the unexpected... I know in some cultures they prefer to have marriages in between the families... I don't know.. I just did a lot of thinking after talking to some of my Vietnamese friends and Korean friends... and they said there's nothing wrong with marrying a person with the same last name just as long as they're not blood related... I know some people who are married with the same last name and they have kids and nothing is wrong with their kids so I just wonder is it really wrong and is it really a sin? I don't know.. when I think about it I don't think it's wrong.. I just think some people think it's wrong in their minds because it's been a tradition for so long and we've all been told never to date or marry our own last name... but don't you guys ever open up your minds and wonder about it? Okay don't bash me alright and say that I'm gross... I'm just wondering why our culture thinks like that and have that tradition when other cultures don't have a problem with it... I'm not trying to tell you guys what's right or what's wrong... but just what I wonder and feel.. you don't have to agree with me. Everyone has their own opinions and how they feel.

iamhmong

sarNie Egg
well for dating that would be really werid. BUT if two people are married, don't you think that maybe the woman change her last name to his? For example: My sister change her last name to her husband's.

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
well, if you're chinese in my country, it won't be weird! coz there lots of ang, sy, tee, uy and other chinese family names here. but for me, i wouldn't marry someone with the same family name as me coz i'll probably be marrying a relative. esp coz my family name is not common here. for us, marrying a relative up to the 3rd degree is a taboo.