Thai celeb that don't know how to read and write in Thai

thai4ever93

sarNie Oldmaid
This might be a weird question, :facepalm: since both you and I know in order to become a singer you need to know how to read and/or write the lyrics, and in order to become an actor/ress you need to know how to read the script, however...

I just came across this thought and realized that there are a lot of Thai celebs that are born and raised in different countries. For example, Amy K (Cee's gf) and Vicky and Ryan Jett, etc. They were born in the States, most likely they probably went to a thai school to learn to read and write :welcome: , or their family taught them while living in the States. Now say they didn't... :scratchchin:

My question is, if someone didn't know how to read and write in thai would they be denied to play lakorns, become singers, etc...? :unsure:

Kudaranai

sarNie Adult
Well, the answer to your question is a no, but there are other circumstances involve too. (looks, opportunity, sheer luck, connections, etc) Stefan Sunthi could not read or write in Thai when he first started. All his lines were fed to him verbally and he memorized all those. That was quite a few years ago, I believe that he has picked up some by now.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Chakrit couldn't read Thai before and he had to get his scripts in karaoke form. I think he can read it now. I guess they were chosen for different reasons like Kuda has stated.