Thai people's strange eating habit.

onahc

sarNie Elites
Does anyone else think it's weird that thai people (in lakon anyways) "thuck" food for people they eat with, using the same spoon/fork they just put in their mouth.

natty

Chubs
well you have laos people who eat soup and other stuff from the same bowl too right? then you have chinese who sometime use the chopstick they eat with to grab food from sharing plates.. so not too strange lol..

onahc

sarNie Elites
i know a laos family and they do not eat soup from the same bowl, they either have their own soup bowl or use communal spoon. eating from the same bowl of soup is gross and "ban nok". and using your chopsticks to grab food from the same plate is fine as long as you don't grab it for someone else.

natty

Chubs
well why dont we let the laos people answer then.... cus the one i see does that too.. not because they are baan nok but because that is their ways...

donna

sarNie Adult
umm we do that in my family! i don't think that we're ban nok. we are family so it don't matter. we have a soup bowl and we all eat out of it. just as long as you don't hover over the bowl as you are sipping your soup. now that's gross! when i eat with chopsticks i pick up food with it for ppl too. again, they're my family so i don't see nothing wrong with it. also that is kinda rude to say that eating like that is ban nok. wat gives you the right to judge how ppl eat?

Karen

Donghae and Siwon
umm we do that in my family! i don't think that we're ban nok. we are family so it don't matter. we have a soup bowl and we all eat out of it. just as long as you don't hover over the bowl as you are sipping your soup. now that's gross! when i eat with chopsticks i pick up food with it for ppl too. again, they're my family so i don't see nothing wrong with it. also that is kinda rude to say that eating like that is ban nok. wat gives you the right to judge how ppl eat?
Agree! how can you judge somebody like that!! everybody is different!! I'm Laos and we eat out of the same soup bowl!! It's family!! they have the same germs!! To you it might be gross but to laos people it's not! What's wrong with eating out the same soup bowl? You have the same germs!! I bet when your mom or somebody in your family is eating something you'll eat out of their bowl right?

natty

Chubs
hmm i guess poo dee or city people dont do that? we're all baan nok... it's ok

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
i eat out of tha same bowl as ma family lol im thai chinese loool not only laos do it i even use tha same spoon as ma mom or chop sticks depends whats we are eating lol ur family ur not meant to be put of by their germs lol unless they eating funny but i still eat what ma baby cousin eats and its all mushed up looool

darvil

sarNie Adult
Family germs is ok in my book..

Although I must say.. I wouldn't want to eat with like other people.. cuz you know I might develop these weird habits like.. When someone pisses me off, I might just say "Whatever girlfriend" with my hand all twirling with an attitude.

The only bacteria I trust are MY own and my family's.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Family germs is ok in my book..

Although I must say.. I wouldn't want to eat with like other people.. cuz you know I might develop these weird habits like.. When someone pisses me off, I might just say "Whatever girlfriend" with my hand all twirling with an attitude.

The only bacteria I trust are MY own and my family's.
o' u swing dat way too :spin: LOL>>>

my family eat in the same bowl and at time when my sister coudlnt finsh her rice i eat her plate :lol:

samtly

Xtreme sarNie
i think this is common with asian coutry. i m half thai, half chinese. we are brought up this way, so we dont think anything of it. same bowl same pair of chopstick. i think it create a its the family bond thing

lil_beckie

sarNie Adult
i think this is common with asian coutry. i m half thai, half chinese. we are brought up this way, so we dont think anything of it. same bowl same pair of chopstick. i think it create a its the family bond thing
yea its the same with my family too.. i'm chinese/thai/laos an we eat like this too...i guess its different for every family..

Phew

sarNie Fansubber
lol we eat from same bowl and plates too ... sometimes if my sister doesnt finish her food I'll eat it after her or steal some from her plate or bowl with the same spoon/folk or shopsticks

I only do that with my family ... I never do that with my in-laws or outsiders though

noungning

Heartless
lol this is just silly, well i'm lao and my family eats from the same soup bowl. we do this all the time in the family and when we eat at gatherings they also do this, although i avoid the soups. but that's like the same thing with scooping some stir fry with your spoon/fork.

i was in thailand earlier this year and they did ask me, "are you okay with us using our own utensils or would you like a community spoon?" and i told them that i'd be just fine with using my own.

again there are some people/groups with their own beliefs of doing things. but we shouldn't bring about our own perceptions and refer others as being "barn nok" or old fashion/abnormal from the rest, when you as a minority might be the outcast because you want to be "pooh dee"

sindy

sarNie Egg
I don't think it's a strange eating habit.. I actually think it's very normal. Not only do I share plates with my family, I also share the same plates with my friends. For one of my close friends, we eat out of the same plate using the same fork and spoon.

fan

sarNie Juvenile
just because you don't do it doesnt mean its weird and that its baan nok

i dont see the big deal about it if your with family or close friends....

it jus depends on the people your with... some people dont care and others do it doesnt make it weird

jus a question... have you never shared a drink with a friend or anything like that because it essentially the same thing

germs are everywhere, you dont get them just by using your spoon to pick up food for someone else

Babyt

sarNie Elites
u must be really high class to not eat from the same bowl as your family and friends...its not even wrong to do that...it's common with asians and americans also..you see it everywhere...

juicyfruit

sarNie Elites
We do that to and I even drink from the same bottle with close my friend. I mean we're close and all so we don't think that's gross or ban nok. Really that's the first time I heard the act it's ban nok...for me it's just in my culture!