THE CRIP THAT KILLED 4 PEOPLE!

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
what's your oppinion about it.. you think he deserves the death penalty..

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/26/williams.execution.ap/

i just realized this is happening 3 mins from my workplace... i just realized it on the way back home today mad traffic and there were alot of news vans in line haha.. but yea.. he did give it back but did you know he rapped inmates while he was inside? i dont know but i believe that if someone took a life no matter what he did to turn in 360 he still took a life that could've given alot more.. he took more than a life .. so therefore, i think he deserves it .. everyone makes mistakes but killing 4 people is NOT a mistake it's cold blooded.. although i do think he should be in prison for life WITHOUT parole is better than taking his life..

dee

sarNie Egg
I don't believe in death penalty..even tho..yes he deserves it....why let him die so easily?? Shoot make him suffer in prison for the rest of his life....but then maybe his not suffering in prison...cause his is making someone else suffer...by raping them and all...i thought you're suppose to be in there to suffer..hmmm....lol...maybe they should isolate him...it would make him go iinsane...thats true suffering....and what he did is not a mistake..or an accident...or he wasn't thinking right...his just one cruel murderers....my opinion...^_^

lola

sarNie Egg
i agree with many of you that he has committed a horrible crime, and there's not much that could justify for that. however, i am FIRMLY against the death penalty, not only is it costly to process it (than the cost of imprisoning him for life). he has attempted moral redemption, and in many ways, that should count for something. as far as the idea of him raping inmates, i'm not quite sure about how true that is, but i wouldn't know. if you do have the sources on that, i'd like to take a look. considering the severity of his crime and the fact that he is a death row inmate (since he was first sentenced), he has been in isolation and does not share cell with other inmate. death row inmates are made a priority for isolation under maximum security. this is from my personal knowledge of working with ppl within the prison system, but there may be exceptions, so i'm open to find out.

all in all, clemency should be granted to tookie on the basis of his remorse and the work to which he has committed himself. in most death row cases, inmates may not even bother wasting their time, since they know they will die anyhow. as we know everything comes with a consequence, good or bad (as cliche has it). if the reward of attempting rehabilitation and changing oneself is freedom, it is one decent drive for those within the system to change. we all need a drive and motivation to accomplish anything, it's called will. and without that, change could never happen. so if freedom/clemency can be the motivation for human/societal change, it's more than worth it.

natty

Chubs
not only that but some people believe that death is freedom.. freedom from a life that is cruel and harsh..

lola.. i've also heard that death row inmates are securly protected too..

juicee

sarNie Elites
yeah i also don't agree with the death penalty. personally, i think a life sentence is enough and is worse than the death penalty.

i also haven't heard anything about the inmate rapes.

darvil

sarNie Adult
lola said:
i agree with many of you that he has committed a horrible crime, and there's not much that could justify for that. however, i am FIRMLY against the death penalty, not only is it costly to process it (than the cost of imprisoning him for life). he has attempted moral redemption, and in many ways, that should count for something. as far as the idea of him raping inmates, i'm not quite sure about how true that is, but i wouldn't know. if you do have the sources on that, i'd like to take a look. considering the severity of his crime and the fact that he is a death row inmate (since he was first sentenced), he has been in isolation and does not share cell with other inmate. death row inmates are made a priority for isolation under maximum security. this is from my personal knowledge of working with ppl within the prison system, but there may be exceptions, so i'm open to find out.

all in all, clemency should be granted to tookie on the basis of his remorse and the work to which he has committed himself. in most death row cases, inmates may not even bother wasting their time, since they know they will die anyhow. as we know everything comes with a consequence, good or bad (as cliche has it). if the reward of attempting rehabilitation and changing oneself is freedom, it is one decent drive for those within the system to change. we all need a drive and motivation to accomplish anything, it's called will. and without that, change could never happen. so if freedom/clemency can be the motivation for human/societal change, it's more than worth it.
[post="55744"][/post]​
I would agree with you but for one fact. He hasn't admitted doing the crime that he's in for so I think the remorse thing is still in the bag. According to Arnold, Tookie would have been off if he admitted to doing the crime. Anyway that should be the 1st requirement before he is given clemency, admitting to doing the crime and begging forgiveness from the lives of the families he has ruined.

lola

sarNie Egg
Darvil said:
I would agree with you but for one fact. He hasn't admitted doing the crime that he's in for so I think the remorse thing is still in the bag. According to Arnold, Tookie would have been off if he admitted to doing the crime. Anyway that should be the 1st requirement before he is given clemency, admitting to doing the crime and begging forgiveness from the lives of the families he has ruined.
[post="55756"][/post]​
you are right, i have overlooked that in my reading. it is the one thing that now throws me off, why he would toss his chance at clemency with the righteous belief that he is innocent, if he wasn't. :unsure: i guess that will remain a bewilderment for me. because i don't have enough facts/sources to judge whether he is actually guilty or innocent. but that is very outstretching to declare innocence at the chance of a possible clemency. whatta world! -_-

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
Darvil said:
I would agree with you but for one fact.  He hasn't admitted doing the crime that he's in for so I think the remorse thing is still in the bag.  According to Arnold, Tookie would have been off if he admitted to doing the crime.  Anyway that should be the 1st requirement before he is given clemency, admitting to doing the crime and begging forgiveness from the lives of the families he has ruined.
[post="55756"][/post]​
that's so true.. i dont think taking a life would be "justifing it", him taking 4 lives would never be justified but it will give the family a closure and satisfaction for all the pain they go through.. and it's easier for him.. besides i dont think you can never "redeem" for taking that many lives.. cuz he only did the counseling because he GOT CAUGHT i bet if he never did he would still be doing it .. im not for the death penalty.. but if one life take soo many lives away i dont think they deserve that life.. it's only taking up air for us

juicee

sarNie Elites
are the families of the victim for his execution? i don't know, i'm not following the issue in detail.

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
juicee said:
are the families of the victim for his execution? i don't know, i'm not following the issue in detail.
[post="55789"][/post]​
huh?? yea they are gonna be there.. if that's what you meant heehee

darvil

sarNie Adult
lola said:
you are right, i have overlooked that in my reading. it is the one thing that now throws me off, why he would toss his chance at clemency with the righteous belief that he is innocent, if he wasn't.  :unsure:  i guess that will remain a bewilderment for me. because i don't have enough facts/sources to judge whether he is actually guilty or innocent. but that is very outstretching to declare innocence at the chance of a possible clemency. whatta world!  -_-
[post="55762"][/post]​
Well the man is one of the founder of crips gang which has terrorized thousands of people and so his hand is on the blood of many. Anyway thats not the real point. The fact is.. with this much attention on him and with a ton of hollywood people backing him, I would think they would try to find ANY tiny loophole or errors in the trial in itself in order to free him. Not to mention the 9th circuit court isn't helping him. With it probably being the most liberal court in the whole of US, I would think they would say something if the trial was rigged or something.

Anyway thats just my take.

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
From what I heard on t.v., he got the death penalty for killing 4 people, 3 were Asians, and on the Nancy Grace show, they said that there are no one from the family of the Asian people to support them, the victims.

lola

sarNie Egg
Darvil said:
Well the man is one of the founder of crips gang which has terrorized thousands of people and so his hand is on the blood of many. Anyway thats not the real point. The fact is.. with this much attention on him and with a ton of hollywood people backing him, I would think they would try to find ANY tiny loophole or errors in the trial in itself in order to free him. Not to mention the 9th circuit court isn't helping him. With it probably being the most liberal court in the whole of US, I would think they would say something if the trial was rigged or something.

Anyway thats just my take.
[post="55803"][/post]​
yes, i do know that he was among the founder of the crip gang. but i wouldn't isolate his case of terrorism from any of the other ppl out there. it may be veering off topic, but i just have an issue with the double standard application of the law. for example, a man like George Bush as well as Nixon has more blood on their hands than a crip gang leader like Tookie. of course, this does not justify tookie's prior acts in anyway, but the law should be consistently applied, if it is going to be applied at all, is all that i am saying. and i must absolutely disagree with your statment about the supreme court being the most liberal in the US at this point, it is definitely NOT! but...the iron fate continues cage the world.

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
Isn't he suppose to be sentence of lithel tomorrow.. Well we just have to wait and see.. because I haven't really follow the news.. Wow he's the Crip co-founder. That's something.. But to be caught.. Wouldn't he be smarter then that.. To have someone else commit the crime for him instead of him doing it himself. Come on where talking about the person who co-start this a gang that's well known.. Maybe there's a sit up..

So he didn't admit he commited the crime..Why would he wait this long to appeal or did he appeal before and got rejected.

But I think with his name.. Their won't be any appealing... He would die.. Sad.. but if he did commit the crime then the family of his victim will finially rest in peace.. i mean if their dead.. but if not at least they'll see justice...

dfemc

sarNie Adult
R.I.P. tookie... life is valued differently. yes, ms.lola, i agree with u on this one, sadly enuf, there will be many questions unanswered. i have to say the dramatize version of his life in "redemption" played by jaimie fox was well-done (i've seen a couple years ago). i couldn't say how much of it was glorified and martyrs him and how much of it is just the plain simple truth. (lola: u know we're watchin' this film again this friday) to honor our understanding of life from both ends (that of the victim and that of the perpetrator).

damn. can't believe it all went down already, 2.5 hrs ago. time is everything. -_-

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
dfemc said:
R.I.P. tookie... life is valued differently. yes, ms.lola, i agree with u on this one, sadly enuf, there will be many questions unanswered. i have to say the dramatize version of his life in "redemption" played by jaimie fox was well-done (i've seen a couple years ago). i couldn't say how much of it was glorified and martyrs him and how much of it is just the plain simple truth. (lola: u know we're watchin' this film again this friday) to honor our understanding of life from both ends (that of the victim and that of the perpetrator).

damn. can't believe it all went down already, 2.5 hrs ago. time is everything. -_-
[post="55879"][/post]​
go to bed dfemc hahaha =P you were still awake?! for that?

rukmos

sarNie Adult
I think that by giving him the death penalty, it's giving him an easy way out for all the crimes that he did. I would rather keep him in prison and torture him until he takes his own last breath

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
vilasaeng said:
Isn't he suppose to be sentence of lithel tomorrow.. Well we just have to wait and see.. because I haven't really follow the news.. Wow he's the Crip co-founder. That's something.. But to be caught.. Wouldn't he be smarter then that.. To have someone else commit the crime for him instead of him doing it himself. Come on where talking about the person who co-start this a gang that's well known.. Maybe there's a sit up..

So he didn't admit he commited the crime..Why would he wait this long to appeal or did he appeal before and got rejected.

But I think with his name.. Their won't be any appealing... He would die.. Sad.. but if he did commit the crime then the family of his victim will finially rest in peace.. i mean if their dead.. but if not at least they'll see justice...
[post="55864"][/post]​
no sweetie the injection was done last nigt at 12 am hehe .. he killed 4 people for the total of 240 dollars.. now that's dumb!!

Bou

sarNie Adult
wth...he killed 4 ppl for 240 dollars!?....now thats beyond dumb..aww but poor those 4 ppl...i dunno how ppl can be this cruel....

darvil

sarNie Adult
lola said:
yes, i do know that he was among the founder of the crip gang. but i wouldn't isolate his case of terrorism from any of the other ppl out there. it may be veering off topic, but i just have an issue with the double standard application of the law. for example, a man like George Bush as well as Nixon has more blood on their hands than a crip gang leader like Tookie. of course, this does not justify tookie's prior acts in anyway, but the law should be consistently applied, if it is going to be applied at all, is all that i am saying. and i must absolutely disagree with your statment about the supreme court being the most liberal in the US at this point, it is definitely NOT! but...the iron fate continues cage the world.
[post="55843"][/post]​
You shouldn't go into complex situations about things like that. You know if you get into politics it doesn't become black and white issue anymore but rather grey. Lets not get into things like that.

Umm I didn't say the supreme court was the most liberal court.. where did you get that? I said the 9th circuit court.. thats not the surpreme court. The surpreme court has overturned MOST of the rulings of the 9th circuit court which is why I said they're probably the most liberal court otherwise why would surpreme court do that?