The Eye

fun

Expired Sarnie
Hey ya! I hate to admit but is Western writers all out of ideas with horror and thriller films.

I saw the previews and I don't think it can beat the original Asian version.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Hey ya! I hate to admit but is Western writers all out of ideas with horror and thriller films.

I saw the previews and I don't think it can beat the original Asian version.
:lol: I don't think they're out of ideas. Like I said in another thread, usually someone decides to re-make an Asian horror film so that it goes over well in the Western part of the world. People have different taste and different standards of what's good and what's bad. I would take it as a compliment because if Hollywood thinks it's good enough to be re-made for Western viewers it must really be good because they're noting going to remake a crappy Asian flick. What's the point?

They do it so that Western viewers can enjoy it, believe it or not, not everyone can speak or even understand Japanese, Korean or Chinese. Not everyone likes to read subtitles.
Plus it tends to sell better at the box office when they remake it and use well known actors/actresses. Not many people from the Western part of the world are going to know who any of the Asian actors/actresses are but American actors/actress as well as some Europeans are more internationally known. Come on, who here doesn't know who Jessica Alba is?

I could be wrong but I'm guessing who ever came up with the original version gets a piece of the remake cut. I'm almost positive you need permission to remake things, much the same way artists need permission to record someone else's music.

lilo

sarNie Juvenile
got a question do you guys know who i can get 2 part to this movie. I only get to watch have way.

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
it seems like the story line is like the original but i do prefer the original. did you guys hear that they are also remaking "shutters" but totally different storyline?!

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
yeah i heard about shutter; LOL it's kind of weird hahaha "we're remaking this movie, but we're changing the storyline" so what if the storyline sucks? then the asian's get blamed for it! LOL

lilo

sarNie Juvenile
yeah i heard about shutter; LOL it's kind of weird hahaha "we're remaking this movie, but we're changing the storyline" so what if the storyline sucks? then the asian's get blamed for it! LOL

I totally agree. Why are they even remaking it. I liked the asian verison of shutter.

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
yea gosh...all these damn remakes. they're going to remake "Alone"- marsha's movie arghhh! I just read some reviews on it. That's totally crazy. Remaking all the good Thai ghost movies now. >_<

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I have to admit some of the remakes are ok like The Ring that remake wasn't tooo bad... but they could have done better with one missed call; and oh man if they remake Alone it's gonna be like duhh... dude I read somewhere that they might remake "Buppah Rahtree" like wth for? i mean if the title of the movie is "Buppah Rahtree" and they use american actors and actresse's wouldn't that peculiar? Lol

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I have to admit some of the remakes are ok like The Ring that remake wasn't tooo bad... but they could have done better with one missed call; and oh man if they remake Alone it's gonna be like duhh... dude I read somewhere that they might remake "Buppah Rahtree" like wth for? i mean if the title of the movie is "Buppah Rahtree" and they use american actors and actresse's wouldn't that peculiar? Lol
If they remake it, they'll probably change the name.

fun

Expired Sarnie
:lol: I don't think they're out of ideas. Like I said in another thread, usually someone decides to re-make an Asian horror film so that it goes over well in the Western part of the world. People have different taste and different standards of what's good and what's bad. I would take it as a compliment because if Hollywood thinks it's good enough to be re-made for Western viewers it must really be good because they're noting going to remake a crappy Asian flick. What's the point?

They do it so that Western viewers can enjoy it, believe it or not, not everyone can speak or even understand Japanese, Korean or Chinese. Not everyone likes to read subtitles.
Plus it tends to sell better at the box office when they remake it and use well known actors/actresses. Not many people from the Western part of the world are going to know who any of the Asian actors/actresses are but American actors/actress as well as some Europeans are more internationally known. Come on, who here doesn't know who Jessica Alba is?
I could be wrong but I'm guessing who ever came up with the original version gets a piece of the remake cut. I'm almost positive you need permission to remake things, much the same way artists need permission to record someone else's music.
No you are not wrong in any way. Everyone has opinion and I highly respected your point of view. I* like people who voice their opinion-those are people who makes differences. On the other hand there are those who complains about all these crap but dare not say anything about it.

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
i still wanna go see this next friday. i can't believe that jessica alba was nominated for worst actress for those movies she was in. i sort of liked awake if my aunt wouldn't have spoiled the ending for me lol. ^_^

fun

Expired Sarnie
can't wait til friday...

i really want to see it..
i dont know if i want to watch it... i havent gone to see 27 dresses either... i am going to watch it this weekend for sure...

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
I wanna watch it tooo except i know i will be scared...then i won't be able to sleep by myself...i remember when i watched the grudge the first time i slept with my parents that night...lolz

lilo

sarNie Juvenile
i just went and saw "the eye" this saturday and wasn't as scary. the storyline was changeda bit. and omg people nowaday are so rude. i swear it was hard to pay attention on the movie when people don't turn off their cell phone and they just keep on talk so rude, make me want to slapped them..grr..hehe

lilo

sarNie Juvenile
Yes, it was a disappointment. I still consider the asian verison to be better. i thought the asian version more entertaining the this american remake.