The Hmong Teens' reputation

moonfaerrie

sarNie Hatchling
I don't think the color of your hair makes you a POJ LAIB. My natural hair is not black, it's kinda light brown. I have dyed it a couple of colors, until two years ago, I dyed it black and loved it so much. It made me look somehow prettier, lol. So I keep mine black now, if it gets a lil lighter, I'd dye it back to black. I don't know, I have dyed it black like three times in those two years, but somehow, it always gets lighter. Now everyone still thinks my hair is hecka black, but someone I keep on seeing my hair not black and wants to dye it again. maybe I will in a month or so. lol.

moonfaerrie

sarNie Hatchling
As, for your parents wanting you to be like others, I just think that is how everyone is, not satisfy with what you got because sometimes you tend to take what you have for granted and wants what you don't have. Like I use to wish my parents were someone elses. But now, I am glad they are my parents. My parents are always saying that my cousins are so much better, they are such good kids and that my brothers and I should be more like them and should go hang out with them because they are always home studying or else joining school clubs or else doing everything good people do. My dad never let us go bowling. One time we went and he found out, he was b*tching the heck out of us saying "Look at your cousins, do they do those things? Do good people do those things?" we're like, yeah, when we went there we saw them with their friends. my dad was like "Well, they are rich and can do what they want." We're like, "You're just making any excuses why we shouldn't. First it's good people don't do it, then when you found out your good people do do it your excuse is that they're rich now?" Yeah, my mom is always saying I should hang out with my cousins because they're such good girls, but all the teens know that my cousins are big clubbers and they drink hecka alot. I am 23 and have only gone clubbing a few times, I can count all of them. I have only drink a few times because I am a weak ass and I hate the taste of it. So, my parents wants me to be like them. I was like, "Don't be telling me to be like them, because if I am like them, you would cry." So, I just be who I am, I mean, they still b*tch about me being more like my cousins, but I just turn a death ear on them. Because I believe I am fine the way I am.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
LOL...u galz are so funnie...**tears**...i luv tose hmong phrases....i dunno wat i'll do wit out 'em....

yeah! but dun even talk about dye-in' my hair...i can't even cut it..but i dun reallie kare 'bout it either...not like if i dun get 2 cut it or dye it i'll die....who am i kiddin'...**awwiiiesss** j/k...but yeah! if u're gonna dye ur hair juz make sure u go 2 shaman parties lotx & help out...tat's how u get the GO's on ur side...eheehee...

neena

sarNie Adult
I guess you can call me a...mama's girl. I have never dyed my hair...dressed super sexy, clubbed, or smoke...I've drank once though... :D <<don't tell anyone j/k...i do have a wild side that I don't usually unleash. At home, I'm the maid....I clean and cook almost every single day. People who know me think that I'm going to be a very good daughter-in-law but I haven't thought that far yet....i don't even have a someone.

Hmong teens are doing it and I really don't care...i only care about myself, really. I don't have time to think about what others want to do and what not to do. :D

ceda_lee said:
I've gone so many colors...I lost count...my mom use to yell at me a lot and my old g relatives use to talk sh*t all the time...but now I'm going to a University and doing everything on my own while their bad kids are getting married and having kids and just going around messing up their lives...now they can't say SH*T to me!!!
[post="154474"][/post]​

Ha ha, it's like, u showed them! Yea, it's a wonder that even if u do dye ur hair, you can still be a good person. When I go to the hmong new years and all that, SO many OG's think i am a gangster, and then they ask who's daughter i am and they know that i am a really good daughter and i do as i am told. I mean, i dress gangster and all that, but then i am wise and really kind.

Penny said:
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL isn't it funny when you really put thoes words together, LOL.. like, ok you guys, i'm trying my best to write in hmong.--->key sweoa<-- LOL trying sounding it out! that's the best i can spell it! so Key sweoa putting the words together mean....i can't think of it right now. it's in my mimd, i just can't get the words out!!! come on you guys! it's easy to sound it out! my mom always calls me that. like --> chaw taw key sweoa
[post="154558"][/post]​

Yea, I know what you mean too. When I go do my hair at the shop, and then i come back home, my mom sees me first thing and she says,"Oh yo, niag tsov tom ntawm koj es, Koj mus nyob qhov twg los koj mus nyob nawb! Ua cas tseem txawj los tsev thiab os!"
ha ha, it means, "You stupid gangster! Wherever you wanna live, go live there! Why do you even bother to come home!"

slee00

sarNie Adult
ha ha, it means, "You stupid gangster! Wherever you wanna live, go live there! Why do you even bother to come home!"
[post="154906"][/post]​
[/quote]

I cant help but laugh! They always said that but when you go party or something and come home a bit late...best be known,,,the mom never go to sleep until her child arrives home safely!

I still call my best friend " Yawg! or Tsov Tom!" It only means we love each other more!

poopympang

sarNie Hatchling
my hair is black... i will never want to change my hair color because i think asians with like brown/yellow strieks or whatever just looks to common... i hate it... ughh.. black is never to old.. its beautiful!!

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
PURPLE!!!!

I wish...mine is black...black from when I was three or four (I was bold when I was born and three or four of my first years being alive) to this very second...BUT MY MOM EVEN DYED IT BLACK TOO!!! WHA THE HECK1 IT'S BLACK ENOUGH, NO NEED OT DYE IT BLACK WHEN IT'S ALREADY BLACK!
my parents won't let me do ANYTHING I mean ANYTHING with my hair except have it long and tie it up in a bun whenever we go to like new years or big events...even if a dumb bun doesn't match the outfit I'm wearing...we always get into huge arguements about my hair whenever we go anywhere...even now when it's cut I can't leave it down...my dad says it's too messy and makes me look really bad and embarrassing...I cried, yes CRIED in front of strangers at eh barber shop to get my hair TRIMMED!!! when I got bangs, my parents were putting os much pressure on me and they were telling the lady to not cut so much hair so she couldn't make my bangs match my hair cause it was too long and the bang style I wanted doesn't match long hair but I can't have short hair so now my hair style is crazy and doesn't look good...I look even more disgusting now then before I cutted my hair and my parents say it was casue of the hair cut...i say yes it's cause of the hair cut that was cut like this because they wouldn't let me choose my hair stye and wouldn't let teh lady cut my hair short!!!!!!!!!
arg! this is making me mad all over again...wait till I'm 18, I'mma chop this shit off and dye it blue and LAUGH IN MY PARENT'S FACES AND DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THEM!!!
yes, I have a lot of hatred towards my parents about certain things... ^_^

daisy_changstah

sarNie Egg
ntxais_hmoob_thoj said:
It means U stupid Gangsta!
[post="154057"][/post]​
haha... NIAG TSOV TOM POJ LAIB actually means 'tigerbite girl gangster'.... :loool:

I couldn't help but to translate that... my siblings and i love that to say that in english. 'You Tigerbite!!!'

Anyways... my parents let me chose my hairstay. They prefer me to have my hair long, but rather let me make the choice. I can dye my hair to what ever color I want, but I prefer black...

LUCKY ME!!!!

L

lalalek

Wah...i think that this is dumb.....man i never knew that they think like that, i mean my parents are cool with any color i have on my head as long as i got hair!!!! maybe i'll go X-tream on my hair and see if my parents or anyone would say anything..lmfao!!! :lmao:

Fearless

sarNie Adult
beamsgirl said:
PURPLE!!!!

I wish...mine is black...black from when I was three or four (I was bold when I was born and three or four of my first years being alive) to this very second...BUT MY MOM EVEN DYED IT BLACK TOO!!! WHA THE HECK1 IT'S BLACK ENOUGH, NO NEED OT DYE IT BLACK WHEN IT'S ALREADY BLACK!
my parents won't let me do ANYTHING I mean ANYTHING with my hair except have it long and tie it up in a bun whenever we go to like new years or big events...even if a dumb bun doesn't match the outfit I'm wearing...we always get into huge arguements about my hair whenever we go anywhere...even now when it's cut I can't leave it down...my dad says it's too messy and makes me look really bad and embarrassing...I cried, yes CRIED in front of strangers at eh barber shop to get my hair TRIMMED!!! when I got bangs, my parents were putting os much pressure on me and they were telling the lady to not cut so much hair so she couldn't make my bangs match my hair cause it was too long and the bang style I wanted doesn't match long hair but I can't have short hair so now my hair style is crazy and doesn't look good...I look even more disgusting now then before I cutted my hair and my parents say it was casue of the hair cut...i say yes it's cause of the hair cut that was cut like this because they wouldn't let me choose my hair stye and wouldn't let teh lady cut my hair short!!!!!!!!!
arg! this is making me mad all over again...wait till I'm 18, I'mma chop this shit off and dye it blue and LAUGH IN MY PARENT'S FACES AND DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THEM!!!
[post="155103"][/post]​

poor girl... I feel sorry for you... buns are so old ladyish..

Kelly

I jus dyed mines black recently ehe! But it's goin bak soon aha!

beamsgirl said:
PURPLE!!!!

[post="155103"][/post]​

OOooooOooh, Purple! That seems really kyoote! Yea, i always wanted to dye my hair ''Hot Pink!'' Yea...sound hot?

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
my hair is black I never dyed it before...too scared of my mom she said she kill me if i ever did...and I think she would :unsure:

ryuuseius

sarNie Egg
I dyed my hair light brown..many time...and im a good girl by the way..i just wanted to prove that not all girls with different hair color are bad girls..because honestly i have seen those with black hair color..and some are not what they seem..Well then recently i dyed my hair black...because i guess im getting ready to be the good daugther-in-law..ehehe...you guys know how old people are...they expected their daughter-ni-law to be good..

ms_gaosong_vang

sarNie Egg
the color of your hair doesn't make you who you are. Hmong parents are afraid because then other hmong people will think they have a bad daughter, which makes them look bad for not rasing a good daughter.

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
I've gone so many colors...I lost count...my mom use to yell at me a lot and my old g relatives use to talk sh*t all the time...but now I'm going to a University and doing everything on my own while their bad kids are getting married and having kids and just going around messing up their lives...now they can't say SH*T to me!!!

You mean their "good kids"..(notice the pun??)..lol I just had to comment.... Been there done that and the relatives now do feel embarrased that the bad girl actually did better than their sweet angels... People always have crap to say about others, but if you prove them wrong then they'll have nothing to say about you!!! Now thats sweet revenge indeed!

samkob

sarNie Elites
true but i still honor my parents.. i pierced 3 holes on each ear and my parents were so mad at me.. but after a while and seeing that im still the same person.. they were ok with it.. i love them no matter wat.. sooner or later theyll understand.. :kiss: