The Hmong Teens' reputation

rukmos

sarNie Adult
A lot of you say that long hair is freaky or scary, whatever word it is, I think that it can be very pretty and seductive if you know how to make it look like it.

My parents do a lot of lecturing also because my gfather was in the military and all the Hmong Community in my city looks up to him. My parents don't want any of us to do anything out of line in case their clean reputation is ruined. I really don't care because I'm not going to subject myself to that and then later in life regret it. I plan on living my life with as little regret as possible. I don't do over the top things just to piss them off, but it's to let me define myself.

When I had decided to move to Chicago to go to school, everyone in our community was like "Oh, she's going away from home and she's a slut!" "A young unmarried woman can't move out of her parent's home unless she marries, it's the proper way." All these comments made me mad, but then I thought about it and wasn't concern about it much. I'm going to get many experiences in life that they're going to miss out on.

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
I use to have realy long hair but i just cut it in the begining of the school year becuase it was too long and i dont know what to do with it ahah. so right now its acutally grown longer my parents want me to keep it long but its soo in the way when i icut my hair and especially when i got bangs too my mom was trippen!!

my hair colour...well acutally i just also dyed it recently too it's like a burgandy colour i think a reddish blackish you cant really tell unless the sun is shining on my hair ahah but yeah

I think its so dumb that if you have short and dyed hair you're a bad girl. I have short & dyed hair but im not like those girls who go out ahd party or nothing like that. so if i have short hair im automatically "considered" as a bad girl. If i wear a skirt I will be a slut? I just dont get it. People these days you know. -__-

stephanie

sarNie Adult
i just colored my hair golden brown with caramel color strikes... it makes me look half white cuz i have light skin color... my parents dont care what i do with my hair... but yea, golden brown!!! woot woot!