The Long Kiss Goodnight :: Kristen Kreuk/Tom Welling

mandees ecstasy

sarNie Egg
y u stop at da good part too LOME. ee un nee! Oy

i wonder wat gonna happen now edward how is edward gonna explain dat? update soon ee ha moung!

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
ACT 26

Everything happened too sudden. The drizzling rain seemed to have picked up; trees swayed left to right along with the wind, as if they were dancing to the rythmn of her heart. Emily felt hersellf pant in a panic. Even the frigid air didn't have an impact on her, all she could feel was her pulse.

This is the Emmy Rose that Edward's been referring to? The Emmy Rose that he could never forget? The love of his life? Possibly the reason why he acts this way?? Is this all a sick joke? Why does this girl, this dead girl look exactly like me, Emily blinked and re-opened her eyes again, hoping that the spilt image of her---was just all an imagination.

But there it was, very much vivid. She let go of the picture, allowing it to fall to to the ground as if it were a venomous spider. She brought her hands to her mouth to cover any horrific sounds she wanted to make. She staggered back, shaking her head in disbelief, or what to believe for that matter. Could it be possible that this is a twin she never knew about? Or is it someone who happened to look exactly like her?? Whatever the clause, Emily was stunned.

She backed up further, and almost bumped into the cops who were dragging a weak Edwarrd along. The blows in which caused his coughing spells have subsided.

"Please... don't do this, please......." Edward begged as the cops dragged him towards Mr. Connely. Edward still hadn't realize that Emily had just found out the identity of his precious Emmy Rose.

"This is going to be your last warning, Mr. Knight. If you do not get in your car and leave now, we will have to arrest you."

"But you guys don't understand!" Edward said weakly.

"Well sir, that is something you need to take up to the courts. We're here to protect the peace. Now please.."

"You fucking bastards! Let go of me!" Edward shouted and tried to pull away from the cops.

Before the cops could respond with force, Edward paused when he reached Emily. He was almost in crouching position due to the blow to his back. That's when he saw the picture of Emmy Rose in front of Emily's feet. He picked up the picture and rose to his feet to stare Emily right in the face. Emily's face was filled with confusion and horror. Her eyes were bloodshot from trying to hold in her tears. She had already made her own assumptions as to why Edward behaved this way. This was the first time Edward had ever seen her like this. She was always so cheerful and open, even when he was an asshole. The look on her face immediately told him that she was angry. Before he could even open his mouth to speak, he suddenly felt a sharp sting across his face. She slapped him so hard that he had to keep his head still for a moment to regain balance.

"So this is why you act the way you do..." Emily managed to speak through a shaken voice. "This is why you've been treating me like dirt.."

Edward grabbed his burning cheek and shook his head slightly to try and defend his actions, but there was no use, cause she was right.

"I was the replacement that you loathed?! I.. I... don't know how... how we.. we .. your Emmy and I... but, you hate me cause I'm alive and she isn't?!!!!!"

"No!! Emily....It's not like that at all...."

The cops scratched their hands and walked back to Mr. Connely barcading the area.

"Liar!!!!!!!! It's exactly like that." Emily cried.

"I don't know what's going on either.. I don;t know why you two look so much alike.. but all I was trying to do was protect myself..."

"From what??????!!!!!!!!!!! Because you think I'm going to erase your memory of her?! Because you think I will steal you away from her!!!"

Everything else was now a blur. The only people they saw there were themselves. Their voices overpowered the wind and they both ignored the rain falling on their heads.

"Yes!! At first, I was afraid.. I was confused.. I thought... I thought she came back to me..."

"When you found out that I wasn't your reincarnated Emmy, you were disappointed and you took it upon yourself to make sure to hate me!"

"No!!"

"I can't believe all this time you didn't tell me that I look exactly like your dead girlfriend!!!! This is all some sort of a sick joke! And this morning... you... we...you used me..."

"Emily, listen to me.. I didn't use you.."

"Why shhould I? You never wanted to tell me anything, so why start now?"

"You got ot all wrong, cause I was trying to make you hate me!"

"You know what?? You win! Cause I HATE YOU!!!! I hate you Edward!"

Edward walked forward and grabbed her hand, but she yanked it away.

"Don't touch me!" Emily screamed.

"Emily, let me explain!" Edward tried to grab her arm, but she pulled away.

"And all this time, I thought Robert was the bad guy...but stupid me... I' got it all wrong!"

Emily shook her head and staggered back, trying to get away from him. When he called out to her, she turned herself towards the exit and started to run away, covering her mouth not wanting Edward to hear her sob.

"Emily, wait!!! Come back! Wait!" Edward tried to give chase, but he started to cough violently. The fresh blows from the police clubs held him back. Eventhough, he tried to move his feet, he couldn't.

"Emily!!! Please!!!!!!!!!"

Emily could hear Edward calling her as she ran out of the gate, ignoring her ankle. She just wanted to get away from him, from there as fast as possible. This was all to sudden and strange to her, as if she was in a bad dream. She ran and ran until she couldn't hear his voice anymore. Tears falling down her face, but she ignored it, not stopping to wipe her face.

Finally, her ankle throbbed badly, so she stopped running, and looked around. She realized that she ran pretty far away, because she could no longer see the cemetary sign. She stood there trying to catch a breath, still crying from what she saw and heard. And as she started to pick up herself to keep moving, she heard a honk from an on coming car.

She tried to ignore it and kept walking, but the car caught up with her. It then came into a stop.

"Emily??!" A familiar voice called out.

Emily turn to look, and it was Robert behind the wheel of a mercedes benz.

"Emily, what in the world are you doing out here?" Robert questioned and looked around. "It's about to rain, and... hey.. what happened to you!? Are you okay? You look like you're running away from a monster or something."

Funny he should say that, cause she was running away from a monster she thought.

"I...I was just ...."

"No need to explain! Get in, let me get you home!" Robert exclaimed.

Without hesitation, Emily got in. After what she felt and endured, she figured Robert couldn't hurt her as much as Edward just did.

[Listen to this song as it plays in the background for this scene. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R9rw3sOs2Y]

Back at the cemetary, the furthest Edward got was to the entrance. Emily was already out of sight. He thought about jumping into the car to follow her, but he knew he couldn't drive yet. He had to take a moment to regain his strength. The blow was so brutal, that his arms felt numb. But that wasn't the thing that was bothering him right now. What was bothering him right now was his aching head and heart. He should be happy that Emily finally hated him, that was his goal afterall right? But somehow, he felt worst than ever. He covered his face and ran fingers throgh his hair, hoping that she didn't go too far, that she's okay, and that she'd forgive him.

His train of thoughts were interrupted when he heard the gravediggers call out.

"She's above ground, Mr. Connely!"

An oldsmobile that holds coffins backed up closer to the gravesight. Edward staggered forward and stood by. His heart beat faster than his pulsating veins as he saw Emmy Rose's coffin for the very first time in 2 years. He stood there as tears formed in his eyes. He was kinda glad the rain was coming down. It was perfect so that he can hide the tears that started to fall down his face. The love of his life has been plucked from her resting ground and was about to be taken away from him again, while the girl of his dreams ran away and detested him.

Edward stood there, defeated and tired while the rain beat down on him.

ACT 27 COMING UP!

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
oh god... now edward is being misunderstood by emily... his life is so miserable already... now emily follow robert!!! surely she'll realize soon.. hope it'll be very soon... can't bear to see edward so suffering...

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
oohh nooo.... :eek: that was sad... poor emily! I feel her pain... & poor edward... I feel his pain...! Nice choice of song Lome, I like that song.

lady0fdarkness

AWww poor Edward and Emily. that's sooo sad :(
OMG Lome, I love the song. It's just sooooooo beautiful <3

oohh nooo.... :eek: that was sad... poor emily! I feel her pain... & poor edward... I feel his pain...! Nice choice of song Lome, I like that song.

thanks guys... I thought the`song really matches how edward feels.

Spoiler Mode:

Robert asks Emily out to the masquerade ball
Edward lets go of the past-----and the dead
Fireworks happen at the ball!

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
thanks guys... I thought the`song really matches how edward feels.

Spoiler Mode:

Robert asks Emily out to the masquerade ball
Edward lets go of the past-----and the dead
Fireworks happen at the ball!
Gasps.... fireworks?! Are we talking about it in the literal sense or metaphorically speaking?
LOL either way I hope some magic between them happens! :D

lady0fdarkness

i'm going to update this today!! I'm not experiencing writer's block, but I dunno what to call it... it's like I know what I'm going to write, I just don't know how to start it.

lady0fdarkness

ACT 27

Emily could feel Robert's gaze on her. She knew that she could be opening unwanted doors by getting into his car, but she didn't have a choice. Besides, everything's been turned upside down lately, so how bad can a car ride be? She tried her best to keep the tears in. Somehow, even after what happened between her and Edward, deep down, she felt awful that she slapped him and ran away like that. But how can she face him after learning that she was just a punching bag for him to let oout his frustrations over his dead girlfriend? A girlfriend that is her mirror image. She couldn't help, but wonder why? This couldn't be happening, she thought. It only happens in the movies! Emily was determined to find out exactly who Emmy Rose was.

Emily sighed deeply as she thought of him. Her heart literally ached, but she couldn't let herself be in that position. Robert cleared his throat to speak.

"Looks like it's coming down pretty hard. Good thing I found you when I did, or you'd be soaked by now."

"Yes, thank you." Emily answered without looking at him.

"No problem... it's the least I could do." Robert tried to his best to sound genuine as he referred to that night he tried to rape her. Robert softened his eyes and gazed at her. "So how've you been? I haven't seen you lately. Are you okay?"

Emily couldn't help, but think of Edward again. She sighed deeply, forgetting about Robert's questions.

"Emily? Are you alright?" Robert asked concernly.

"Ohh uh... yeah, I'm okay." Emily answered him wishing that this ride was over.

"You sure? you don't look too happy."

"Uhh... I was just visiting with a relative and uhmm.. I heard that a friend of mine isn't feeling too well," She lied.

"I see, well I hope your friend feels better."

"Thanks." She replied quickly.

"Anyway.. thank you for forgiving me, Emily. I promise I'll never do that again. It's just... well...I just thought..."

Forgive? She hasn't really forgiven him, she thought.

"I-I don't really want to talk about it right now." Emily replied remembering what he said about his family that died.

"Okay, but I just want to let you know again that I am really sorry."

"I'm sorry about your family..."

Robert forgot all about his sorry excuse that he gave her and imediately was confused.

"Family?" Robert said questioning. And then suddenly he remembered. "Ohh!! uhh... that.. uhh... well err.. yeah, they were my 2nd family. My aunt and uncle. They were practically my second parents."

Emily raised her eye brows.

"I thought you meant your immediate family?" Emily said suspiciously.

Shit, Robert thought to himself.

"Well, uhh.. I'm not that close to my parents. They're too busy counting their money. So uhhh.. my aunt and uncle, to me are my parents."

"I see.... well.. I'm sorry to hear.." Emily said, still not sure what to believe.

"I'm just trying to heal little by little... I'll be okay." Robert said pathetically pretending to wipe away a tear.

Emily just nodded and looked the other way. Robert took a breather, relieved that Emily seemed to believe his lies. Now, on with it, Robert grinned evily.

"My parents own this country club, and well.. you can basically say they're rich. But me.. I don't really care about the superficial and materials. I just try to live, you know."

"You have no choice, but... to live," Emily replied somberly thinking of Edward and how he dwells amongst the dead.

"That's what I try to do, but sometimes I cannot escape it. I've got to do what my parents want me to do."
Robert said trying to sound saddened. "Like football.. sometimes I just want to be a guy who goes to school and just be myself, but I got to live up to my father's standards, you know."

Emily hears Robert talking, but she wasn't listening. All she could think about was Edward and their morning together. Her heart felt heavily as she thought of the face she stared at on the picture frame. Could she be wrong about him?

"... and so I try to do my best, to be a good son... a good role model for the kids that look up to me.. and this entire town, they look up to me..." Robert continued on not realizing that Emily isn't even listening to a word he says.

"Do you agree, Emily?" Robert glanced at her waiting for an answer, but Emily was busy thinking of him. "Emily??" Robert questioned.

"Huh...?" Emily answered not knowing what he just asked.

"That I should just listen to my heart?" Robert repeated his question.

"Yeah... if what you want makes you happy, then you should." Emily replied, still a little lost.

Robert smiled widely.

"Well my heart tells me to ask you this...."

Emily blinked widely, wondering what he meant and what he said earlier.

"What do you mean?" Emily tried to hide the worry in her voice.

"As you know, my parents own pretty much this whole town, and the university is holding a masquerade ball next Saturday. My parents are funding it and they want me to represent them. And.. uh... I need a date; a beautiful lady to be in my arms."

"Ohh... no...no... I..I..."

"Please.. please... I'm begging you."

"I-I--I--can't!"
Emily protested, remembering the first time she accepted one of his dates.

"I know what you're thinking, Emily. I promise, I'll be nothing, but a gentleman. It is nothing like that! We won't be alone there. I promise, my hands will be to myself, and I won;t even touch any alcohol, I swear it. I swear on my dead aunt and uncle, Emily!" "You told me to follow my heart! And that's what my heart wants. Please, let me prove to you that I'm not an asshole." Robert begged like a little boy.

Before Emily was forced to say anything else, she was relieved when her dorm came into sight. Robert parked in front of the building, but before unlocking the mercedes for Emily, he looked at her with puppy dog eyes.

"Will you at least think about it then?" Robert begged, sounding overly exxagerated.

"Okay.. I-I..I'll think about it." Emily quickly undo her seat belt, signalling that she wants to get out of the car. Robert unlocks it and allowed her to open the door. Emily covered her head with her hand as the rain threatened to soak her. She runs up the steps, but heard Robert shout out.

"Emily, if you say yes, then June will take you shopping for a beautiful dress. It's on me!" Robert yelled poking his head through the window.

Emily gestured a nod, waved, and quickly went inside.

You better accept it, you bitch. Or else! Robert thought evily and drove off.

Inside the building. it was quiet and empty as usial. Emily sighed and knew what she needed to do. Instead of going straight to her room, she walked down the hall to the phone booth. She needed to call her Mother, and asked the questions that she has been trying to ignore ever since they told her she was adopted. When she got to the phone, she took a deep breath and picked up the receiver.

Edward stumbled into his apartment, drenched from the rain. After watching his beloved being loaded into that car, he stood there powerless. He had to wait a few minutes after everything was done with before he could drive home. Right about now, he wasn't sure what he was feeling. Was he more saddened that Emmy was taken away, or when Emily slapped him, and ran away? Everything just seems to have worsened. He's never felt alone and insecure as he felt right now. He walked slowly into his room and took off the wet clothes.

When he was nice and dry, he staggered to the bed and had to lay himself down. And theree it was, the shirt that Emily wore. He reached for it and brought to his nose. Oh how it smelled so sweet, as if she was here with him. And suddenly, Edward felt his arms ached. He wished she was in his arms right now. Oh how he wished to hold her like he did this morning. The more he thought about her, the more he longed and the more his heart hurts. And then, in a flash, he threw the shirt down, remembering his promises to Emmy. Eventhough she was taken away, that doesn't mean she left his heart he thought. But he felt so confused, like a lost soul. What was he to do?? Even though he tried to erase Emily from his head and keep Emmy there insread, the images of Emily keeps on popping back in.

God Damn it!!!!!!!!!! What's happening to me! I have to keep my promise to you, Emmy!!! Edward shouted and punched the table, causing all the drawers to fall out.

Everything fell out of the drawers. Edward held his aching head, and then when he was about to lay down again, he caught a glimpse of Emmy's diary that he kept.

He reached for it and held it in his hands and tried hard to erase Emily. I'm so sorry Emmy... I can never do anything right, Edward sobbed and allowed the diary to fall out of his hands. The diary fell, but opened to a page that he hadb't seen before. It was almost till the end, but not so much that it was obvious. He sees writing in red ink and realized that he hadn't read that passage before. He sat up, wiped the tears, and grabbed the diary and started to read.

Dear Diary,

Hi... it's me again, Emmy Rose. You know, I'm such a lucky girl. Not many girls my age find a love so true like Edward. He's my knight in shining armor, he's.... my everything. I know..... I said death will not do us part, and that I want to be buried near him forever... wishful thinking huh? Forget death; I' want to marry him, have a house full of children with, and grow old with him. I know that when you love someone, sometimes loving them is about giving and letting go. I know Edward loves me very much, and oh diary... I love him dearly just as much. But.... God forbids, if he takes me one day, then.. I do hope that Edward will go on living a full healthy life; that he will marry someone who will love him the way I do, because.... he's worth it... and that's what I would want for him. That's all for now. I've got to call Edward to bid him a goodnight.

Sincerely,

Emmy Rose

Edward closed the book, and felt a load lifted up from his shoulders. He couldn't believe that all this time, Emmy wanted him to go on and not dwell on death. But he was blinded by grief.

"Thank you, Emmy... "

He kissed the book, and fixed the drawers, and placed the book neatly back in. He had to see Emily right away. He has to tell her how he really feels; he wanted to apologized and beg for forgiveness.

Edward jolted up from the bed and dodged for the door, wanting more than ever to hold Emily in his arms.

ACT 28 COMING UP.

lady0fdarkness

a few more chapters and I'll be done with this fiction. I'm going to start another fiction that I already have in mind. this time I will stick to a lakornish plot like my very first fic, "love, unconditionally."

chinkywinky

sarNie Adult
yes edward! go to emily and ask her to the ball too!!!! Even if she say no, beg like a dog... pleeeassseee... hehehe can't wait for the next update.

awww.. maybe you and me both will finish our stories around the same time. ^_^

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
thank you sooo much. I hope Emily doesn't believe in Robert's lies. GRRRRRR. YAY Edward found Emmy's diary entry about letting him move on with his life with someone he loves ^^

lady0fdarkness

yes edward! go to emily and ask her to the ball too!!!! Even if she say no, beg like a dog... pleeeassseee... hehehe can't wait for the next update.

awww.. maybe you and me both will finish our stories around the same time. ^_^
edward doesn't realized that there is a ball.. at least not yet.

thank you sooo much. I hope Emily doesn't believe in Robert's lies. GRRRRRR. YAY Edward found Emmy's diary entry about letting him move on with his life with someone he loves ^^
She doesn't know what to believe, but.... she has her own hidden agendas for going along with robert... stay tuned!