The Long Kiss Goodnight :: Kristen Kreuk/Tom Welling

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
now he realize emmy let him go and find new love.. haha... hope emily won't believe robert.. if believe also, edward will surely rescue her again.. hahaha...

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
aweee... thank you hunn! :D I thought I was gonna have to die first before I get my revenge on her. :lol:
hehehe.... you so silly. Okay since i'm done capping two lakorns already, I'm going to vigurously update this and get it done so I can get start on a new one! I've been stuck on this one since october!

update soon LOME i want to kno wat happen next
I will update before I sleep tonight.

lady0fdarkness

ACT 28

The wind howled as it beat against the building. The storm that gave rain is finally making it's way right over the town, as if it knew what was going on inside Emily's heart.

After the phone conversation with her mother, Emily needed to gasps for air. How the hell did her life come to this? She felt so tired, so weak, and so defeated. Was she cursed, even as a baby? Emily staggered to the wall and had to lean on it for support. Suddenly, everything in her room seemed to be caving in on her. She slipped down to the floor and hugged her knees. The words that came out from her mother's mouth was still fresh in her mind.

[Start flashback]

"Mom?" Emily asked nervously as she cradled the phone in her hand.

"Emily? Thank God! How are you sweetie?? Why havn't you called sooner? Your father and I are sick with worry! We even tried to call your school, but could never get a hold of you." Mrs. Hickens said concernly.

There was a pause on Emily's side. She was busy wiping away tears, eager to find out about herself, but scared as hell.

"Emily, you okay sweetheart? Maybe your father and I should pay you a visit this weekend."

"No, Mom, please don't. I'm... I'm okay... " Emily said trying to hide her shaken voice.

"Are you sure? Is something the matter?"

"Mom... I.. I need to ask you some questions."

"Ohh..."
Mrs. Hickens sighed. This was the moment she feared the most, is when her daughter is ready to ask questions. Mrs. Hickens knew exactly what kinds of questions Emily wanted to ask. She braced herself, only hoping that her precious Emily will continue to love her, even if....

"Mom.. you and dad told me before that.. that.. I was adopted." Emily swallowed the lump in her throat. not really wanting to utter those words.

"Yes dear, we never keep anything from you. You are our baby, no matter what. And we love you very much, even if you're not ours biologically."

"I love you too, Mom. And I appreciate everything you've done for me. But now.... I need to know the truth about me."

"Sweetheart, but we told you everything you need to know. You were 6 months old and needed a loving family to care and love you. And here we are."

"Mom! I know okay! What I want to know is who? And where did you adopt me from!" Emily raised her voice, feeling frustrated than ever. And she realized she was yelling at her mother for no reason, so she lowered her voice. "Mom, I'm sorry. It's just been very weird lately, and... I just need to know okay. Could you please tell me?"

Mrs. Hickens hesitated, she was sworned into confidentiality back then, but it's been so long ago that she thought it wouldn't hurt to tell her the truth already.

[End of flashback]

Emily's head was pulsating and ached badly. She hugged her knees and buried her face in them, not wanting to accept the truth, but she must. She just couldn't believe that fate would be this cruel. If it's true then why do they keep silent like that? Am I that dreadful? Do they not want me? Why was I given away like a an item on sale! Emily thought sadly.

My twin? His precious Emmy Rose is my twin? Emily murmured to herself in disbelief.

By the time Edward arrived in front of the building, all the lights were out. He sat in his car as it poured rain. He looked over to Emily's window on the upper floors, but it was pitch black. There was no sign of anyone awake at all. He sighed and ran fingers through his hair.

Wait.. I can't let her see me like this, he thought. He was disheveled and worned. He wanted her to see him differently. He is not the darkned Edward anymore. He is not the death dwelling asshole she knew anymore, he thought and decided to go home and rest.

Tomorrow, yes.. I will explain everything to her tomorrow.

Edward sighed, but smiled a little, excited about his new found hope.

I will tell her exactly how I feel.. and this time, I won't let go. Edward thought and drove off.

The morning shone streamed through the window. Emily woke and realized she fell asleep on the floor. She must have veen so tired to not even bother moving to the couch. She stood up and went over to the window. The land was moist. glistening in the sun. The storm is finally gone! Emily was glad that rain was no where to be seen. Yesterday was sorrowful, but today is a new day, she thought. Now that she knew the truth about herself, she wanted to start over. She wanted to erase him forever from her heart.

Emily looked at her clock and was relieved to see that she has 2 more hours till class. She looked around the room and remembered Anna. Where's Anna? She thought. She was so busy with Edward that she forgot about looking for Anna.

You consumed my time, Edward. And for what? For nothing, nothing at all. Emily thought sadly, and decided to focus on other things that she thought was more important. Her heart hurts, but she decided to live and learn and forget everything that happened, or at least try to.

As for Robert's invitation, Emily decided against going with him. She wanted to pull herself away from them all. She thought she'll just mind her own business and stay away from them. After eveything's that happened, that's the vest thing to do.

Emily got dressed and was determined to find out once and for all where Anna was. Students were swarming around, going from one class to another. Emily stepped into the student information center and went to the woman at the counter.

"Excuse me.. " Emily asked politely.

"Yes?"

"Uhm, I need to ask a question about my roommate?"

"Okay? Name? And what room are you in?"

"My name's Emily Hickens, Ma'am. I'm in Room 57, 3rd floor." Emily replied.

"Gimme a minute, let me bring it up on my computer."

"Okay, thanks." Emily smiled politely and waited.

"Hmm.... " The receptionist raised her brows. "Those are the singles dorms. You didn't have a roommate assigned."

"Huh? But, I do. I haven't seen her a while now. Maybe you've got the wrong information. Could you check again?"
Emily said in a panic, wanting to know what's going on.

"Hmm, okay. Gimme a minute. Room 57, 3rd floor right?"

"Yes, ma'am."

The receptionist typed it in again as Emily waited.

"Nothing's change, hun. Look, it says here, single room." The receptionist pointed to the screen.

Emily scratched her, "That's impossible!"

"I'm sorry, Miss Hickens, but that's what it says here."
The receptionist looked at her weird.

Emily tried to remember Anna's last name, but realized that Anna didn't tell her. She held her

"Ma'am, I know it sounds crazy, but I swear I had a roommate." Emily said frantically.

"Miss Hickens, are you okay?"

Emily realized that she sounded like a crazy person, so she calmed down.

"Uhmm, I'm sorry. It must have been my mistake then. But... do you happen to know an Anna?"

The receptionist looked at Emily incredulously.

"Miss Hickens, there are literally tens and thousands of Annas that comes to this campus. Do you know her last name?"

Emily shook her head.

"Sorry...." Emily said almost inaudibly and was about to leave, but the woman called after her.

"Miss Hickens, why don't you try looking in the reference hall? There is a section with student alumnis there. Perhaps, you will find your friend's photo there."

Emily's face lit up and she quickly thanked the woman and made her way to the reference hall, desperately to find out where Anna was. That or go insane wondering if she was crazy.

ACT 29 COMING UP!

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
thank you Lome. So Emily was adopted, meaning her and Emmy could be twins. Yes Anna comes back to the story, I wonder what happened to her, did she fall prey to Robert and then got "erased" to be covered up but really she manage to stay alive but is in hiding??? lol sorry for my wacky imagination :D

sarN

sarNie Granny
:lol: i'm reading act 24, the rated r scene , i have to stop to fan myself for a sec .....

lady0fdarkness

ACT 29

Luckily the reference center doesn't have that many occupants; Emily didn't feel like explaining why she was going to go through those alumnis. Emily sighed as she walked towards the back. There were literally over dozens of shelves holding alumni books. How was she supposed to find Anna? It was like looking for a needle in a hay stack. But nonetheless, she has to find this Anna or she'll go crazy with doubts about her sanity.

Okay... think.. think.. Emily.. She told herself as she scanned the shelves. Emily breathed a sigh of relief when she realized that the books were in order of their year. The years dated back to the early 1900s. This is a really old college she thought.

Emily tried to recall any informatuin that Anna may have given her, but realized that it was very vague. She doesn't even know what year student Anna is.

She scanned the shelves with her index finger and tried to pinpoint the start of the millenium. And there it was year 2000. She grabbed the 2005 year book and scanned it quickly. There were faces that wasn't familiar at all. She placed the book back and grabbed the next in line; 2006. She took a quick scan at it, and nothing. Emily glanced at her watch; forty-five more minutes till her first class.

Where are you Anna? Emily sighed. By the time she got to year 2007, her fingers were already feeling the burn from flipping so many pages. Emily noticed that there were many photos of Robert. There were photos of him accepting trophies after trophies. There were even a photo of him where the entire football team lifted him up in the air. There were photos where robert had his arms around many girls while more girls gawked in the background. Emily shuddered at the thought of Robert. In the beginning, she was blinded. The girls in the photos look like the same kind of girls that would torment her back home. And just the thought of her becoming one of them was just unbearable. After seeing all the photos of Robert and his groupies, Emily placed the book back. She vowed to not have anything to do with him again. She was going to deny his invitation to that ball his family was hosting.

Then 2008 came up. This must be it... Emily uttered. Anna has to be in here somewhere. Even if she isn't a graduate yet, her picture just has to show up, Emily thought. She flipped through every page and again, photos of Robert plastered everywhere. Emily started to panic when the book almost reached the end, and still no Anna. So either, she's crazy or....? And then the book came to an end.

That's impossible! Emily cried out. Emily grabbed all the books again in a panic and went through them again; eagered to see Anna, to prove to herself that she wasn't just seeing things, that Anna is real. Book, 2004, nothing. 2005, nothing. 2006, nothing. 2007 and 2008, nothing!!!! Noooo, Emily thought. And then again, she grabbed book 2008, flipped through it like a mad woman and was digusted when all she saw were photos of Robert. Just when Emily was starting to hyperventalate, a face in the background of one of the photos caught her attention. It was a photo of Robert laughing while girls were standing beside him. He was wearing a cape and had a crown on his head. The girls were also in costumes. Emily looked at the caption.

Halloween costume party; crown your prince!

There was a girl gazing at Robert with such admiration and wander. She looks as if she wanted to be one of the girls next to Robert, and not the ones admiring from afar. Anna's eyes widened and her lips curled into a smile.

There she is! Anna's right here. Emily cried. She scanned the book with her index finger to find a name. Anna Reid!! Emily uttered loudly. She couldn't wait to go back to the information center to locate Anna; that and she was now relieved that she wasn't crazy.

She quickly stacked the books back, and grabbed her belongings. When she stood up to leave, she caught a glimpse of old newpapers stacked neatly along side the wall opposite of her. Since there were so many things happening to her, she was curious as to what went on in this school long before she came.

She set her books back down and looked at her watch. She still had some time to look at those old newpapers. Emily grabbed a few and sat herself on the floor and went through them.

Nothing unusual; football, scholars, class information, articles, ads, and other current events that wasn't of interest. Emily tossed the newpapers back and grabbed older ones. She flipped through them and read a few old news about a student who commited suicide, and a student who got expelled for drugs. And then the very last page of a news paper that dated a year before she came here; it was a huge headline.

STUDENT'S PARENTS AND GIRLFRIEND DIED IN CAR CRASH NEAR CAMPUS; POLICED RULED ACCIDENT.

Emily's jaws dropped open when she read the article.

Three people killed instantly in car crash. They are identified as Mr. Phillipe Knight along with his wife, Mary Knight and Emmy Rose Connely, a girlfriend of one of the students here at Salem. It is not released yet as to what state the three are from, but they are visitors here visiting one of Salem's students; Edward Knight. Although, Knight claims that it wasn't accidental, police investigated the scene and ruled it accidental.

Emily looked up from the newspaper, and thought about Edward. After reading the article, her heart ached for him. Mo wonder, she thought. But still, she doesn't know how to face him. She felt like a fool, not knowing what really was going on inside of him; and waa ignorant to all of this.

Emily sighed. She couldn't help, but wonder about the sister that she never knew. And now when she found out, Emmy she was already dead. Emily had to take a minite to breathe. Just when she thought it was over, she realized that it just began. She closed her eye, and her heart betrayed her when suddenly it ached for him. She tried to stop herself, but now her mind couldn't stop thinking about him. And then, Emily remembered something that Edward said before, that Robert did something terrible.

Emily thought long and hard; she didn't know exactly what went on, but something tells her that Robert had something to do with the accident to have caused Edward to be so hostile everytime Robert is around.

And then it dawned on her that, even if she vows to not see him again, then maybe, just maybe she could do something to repay him for all the times that he helped her. Emily took a deep breathe and put the papers back. She grabbed her belongings and headed towards the door. She knew exactly what she needed to do.

When she left the building and headed towards class, a familiar voice called out to her.

Em!! Hey Em!! Robert shouted, trying to catch up with her.

Emily slowed down and waited for him to catch up.

Hey you, I've been looking all over for you, Robert said trying to catch his breathe.

I was in the library doing some research, Emily replied.

Oh so you're a nerdy girl huh? Robert said playful and smiled flashing his pearly whites. So uhh, have you decided yet?

Emily knew what he was referring to and smiled sweetly.

Yes, I'll go with you, Emily replied.

Robert grinned widely as if he had just shut his game. Fantastic, I'll have June pick you up later, and you girls can go shopping.

Okay, I'll be ready, Emily smiled, but inside she was ready to dig for answers.

ACT 30 COMING UP!

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
thank you Lome <3 i could picture Emily flipping through the pages..and hear an suspenseful orchestra playing in the background. At least she found her at last...well her last name :D she's going to go with Robert to the ball/dance, but it's for Edward ^^ I hope she doesn't do anything that's going to cause her to be in serious danger.

lady0fdarkness

thank you Lome <3 i could picture Emily flipping through the pages..and hear an suspenseful orchestra playing in the background. At least she found her at last...well her last name :D she's going to go with Robert to the ball/dance, but it's for Edward ^^ I hope she doesn't do anything that's going to cause her to be in serious danger.

you know, I was thinking about that suspenseful orchestra when I was typing. Next time I will include some background music for that kind of part. Thanks for reading RR. :D

chinkywinky

sarNie Adult
Me too. I hope Emily doesn't put herself in harms way but helping edward...
This is getting close to the truth! can't wait to read more.