The Princess by Jude Deveraux

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Maya...you have to have an amazon account to download their books for free. It is so easy...and trust me I am so bad when it comes to computer. I go to hubby for the simplest things.

When you have the amazon account if you want free books, I type historical romance and the "best selling books from amazon" would pop up on the search. Just click on it and it'll get you to amazon. It'll show you the price ones but on top just click on free and it gives out a hundred of free books at a time. And if you like it just click on purchase (for $0)...and it'll automatically download to your kindle. I have about 350 books I got for free. I am picky though, even if they are free.

Out of a hundred I download about 3-4 books at a time. And they have different free ones everyday. I remembered I paid about $10 for a book I was searching for a long time only later to find it free on kindle. Ever since I have my kindle I rarely purchase any books. I can just read it off kindle if I don't like it I delete it and get more free ones.

Anyway...has anybody read outlander yet? I have heard so many good things about the book and was wondering if it's any good. I don't usually go by reviews all that much because not everyone is going to like the same thing as me.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Maya_Fantasy said:
Is "Legend" good?  I have the book here, but haven't got around to it yet, still got many more on my list that I want to read first.  I read the summary on the back cover and it sounded very interesting :dance1: I like the genre.

You should definitely go watch MYF when you're done with the book xOuner... it was a great lakorn and with Willy and Ann in it, made the lakorn 10times better. :drools:

Byebye why don't you download file from FUN to read for now and then get a hardcover for keepsake later. :wink:

My sister gave me kindle fire because she knows I love to read, but I really have no idea how to use it or how to download ebook into, so I never made use of it. :shrug: :no: LOL @myself :smack:

If you've read "A Knight In Shining Armor" and like it, then you'll definitely like, "Legend". The story is kind of a slow start, but it builds up to a great story. I like this genre, (time travel) very much. The first time I read it, I was so crazy about it. I read it in like a day and a half. There's an interesting "twist" to the story. I give it about 8.5/10.

I will keep, MYF in mind when I finish, "The Princess".

•  
byebye said:
Anyway...has anybody read outlander yet? I have heard so many good things about the book and was wondering if it's any good. I don't usually go by reviews all that much because not everyone is going to like the same thing as me.
  • I've actually heard very good reviews on Outlander also. It's at the top of the list for Historical Romances. I am actually very interested in reading it because it features time travelling.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Thank you FUN for starting this wonderful thread. I just started reading The Princess and honestly cannot stop smiling at the similarities of Willy and Anne from Manee Yard Fah. I love how I'm doing this backwards. I've watched how it played out onscreen and am just now starting to read the book. It's interesting how I'm having flash backs of scenes from the lakorn instead of picturing scenes from the book like how most fans would while watching a movie premiere of a book they love.

Man, J.T.'s description really matches Willy's. So far, they got chapter one correct in the lakorn from how J.T. wanted peace at his island to how he felt betrayed when Aria told him to not touch her after saving her life. I remember WIlly's face when Anne told him that and he was just appalled by her behavior and told her to find her own food. Lol.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Hahahahha....that is why I say no one will ever...ever come close to Willy. Because I am so hung up on my Hero being like those during this era.  The descriptions of the hero in historical romance is so swoon worthy and if they adapt it into a drama then Willy will always be perfect for the role.

I can so imagine him being a Duke or something along that line. Sigh, I always told my husband that if there's a time I want to go back to see how things are it would be that period where everything is so big and glamour and innocent in woman is still such a big deal. Lol...I know I would never survive that time period but still it's fun to dream.

I am going to have to get going on this book. I started to read Ashes in the Wind and forgot about getting the book. I probably will have to download it instead.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
byebye said:
Maya...you have to have an amazon account to download their books for free. It is so easy...and trust me I am so bad when it comes to computer. I go to hubby for the simplest things.

When you have the amazon account if you want free books, I type historical romance and the "best selling books from amazon" would pop up on the search. Just click on it and it'll get you to amazon. It'll show you the price ones but on top just click on free and it gives out a hundred of free books at a time. And if you like it just click on purchase (for $0)...and it'll automatically download to your kindle. I have about 350 books I got for free. I am picky though, even if they are free.

Out of a hundred I download about 3-4 books at a time. And they have different free ones everyday. I remembered I paid about $10 for a book I was searching for a long time only later to find it free on kindle. Ever since I have my kindle I rarely purchase any books. I can just read it off kindle if I don't like it I delete it and get more free ones.

Byebye thank you so much for this info, greatly appreciate it.  Quite busy right now, I'll look into it see if I can do it in the next few weeks and let you know how it turn out. :thanks:
"Outlander" is written by whom?

Talk about hero descriptions, anyone here read "Tender Rebel" yet? Whenever I sees Grant Bowler from the TV show "Defiance" I always picture him as Tony/Anthony Malory :bhehe:  I think he'll be perfect to play the womanizer Anthony Malory.  There was even one steamy scene from the show that so much resembles one of the bookcover. :coverlaf:

XOuner, read "Remembrance" is time travel to 2 past lives, the heroin was hypnosis back into her past lives and then from there she was again taken back to another prior to it.
I read the book and I cried every time at when they sacrificed themselves :shutup: read the book to know what I'm talking about. :tearybye: It's just so sad.
(Again the beginning is very slow, but don't skip this part because you will not understand much of the story if you skip it :D When I first read the book, I got so bored with the first few chapters that I skipped it then in the middle of the book I had to went back and read the whole thing again hahahaha :loool: )

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I cheated and read ahead. Thank goodness Willy did J.T.'s character justice. This is one of those rare cases where the Thai's made the lakorn better than the book. I can't wait to hear you gals' thoughts on J.T. after a few chapters in. He's not as charming as Willy.  

cecilia

Staff member
Sounds fun .. I want to do this too but have one too many textbooks to read instead :( However, I'll tune in here to read all your comments___^

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
I've only read chapter 1 and a bit of chapter 2 so far because school is keeping me away from reading it. 555 I have to agree that Willy did bring justice to J.T. Montgomery & just the novel itself. I'm totally enjoying the novel so far. I can't help it but to picture Anne and Willy as J.T. and Aria instead, and the lakorn scenes. 

I would like to see a modern lakorn version of this lakorn but at the same time I don't, because Anne and Will played Aria and J.T. so well that I don't think I can see anyone play them both so good and sexy like that. 555 After watching MYF again, I really want to see Anne and Willy pair up again. Willy just need to shed off those pounds he's gain throughout the years and then he'll be all good again. 555 They really need to pair up these old couples again. I really miss them. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Ah so many good recommendation I don't know which book to pick up. 

I cheated too, I went ahead and read Ch2 and 3. But I will save it for the week discussion lol 

Mahalo, I was surprised that the island scene almost played out exactly like the lakorn. I too keep having image of Willy and Anne as my JT and Aria as I read. The script writer must have been a super fan of the book and has a deep understanding of the novel to have made the lakorn so awesome. I can't help but make the comparison because it is vividly done so well both in written form and in motion picture.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I was so excited that I kept reading up to chapter 12. There were some similarities to the lakorn but the book strayed away from the lakorn's portrayal into a more annoying read. I lost my patience and skimmed through towards the end. LOL. I dislike J.T.'s character. He's very rude and bipolar. I hate how they emphasize how to be an "American." This book portrays Americans as stereotypical Americans that always think that people should be more Americanized and have things done their way. Definitely not a good read in my opinion. I felt sorry for Aria more than I ever did for Anne in the lakorn and hated J.T. in contrast to how much I loved Willy onscreen. Good job scriptwriters for not adapting to the book completely.

x0unerthanlater

@Maya_Fantasy, Yes yes yes! I actually have and read "Remembrance". I looooove it. It's so..... different. I bawled my eyes out when they made that sacrfice too! I am looking forward to rereading that. ^-^

Now, I really need to read chapter 1 of The Princess. Lol *will be back to add my input

** So I just finished Chapter 1. I am liking JT already. Not too much happened, which is normal. I am looking forward to Chapter 2. The Princess and her snottiness. Hahaha

fun

Expired Sarnie
Mahalo I too was frustrated but knowing that the setting is in a different time period, I overlook it. Isn't it ironic that even till today, people still view Americans negatively?

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
As one of the most powerful nations in the world, people will always view Americans negatively due to their authoritative ways. I do admit that sometimes Americans are stuck up because they're more privileged than others, but not all. Despite the time period, I still cannot accept J.T.'s behavior towards Aria. I'm all for chivalry in romantic novels but he was no Willy McIntosh in this book. Haha. 

roselovesice

I haven't finish reading the book but I skimmed and skip around last night. I don't find J.T. that appealing with that rude personality of his. I prefer my Willy McIntosh wayyyyyy more. I actually prefer the lakorn more than the book itself! 

And dang. They had sex so much! LOLOL 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Sex is norm in English novels LOL 

I was actually siding with JT the first 3 episode but hearing you ladies, I think I might just end up disliking him too lol but as of now I find him reasonable. I would be pissed too if I was in his shoes. 

To my surprise since she is of royalty she should have been aware of "American" culture/attitudes. Just because she is of royalty she has no right to belittle people especially a country. I could careless if she was god. 

roselovesice

I understand where both of them are coming from. I mean, JT isn't all that bad nor is the book, but I prefer Willy and the lakorn so much more. :D

Yeah, sex in American books are a norm but I was totally not expecting it for some odd reason. 555 Maybe the lakorn made it seem too innocent in my eyes even though both the novel and lakorn is like 80% no where close to one another - similarity wise.
Regardless, I'm gonna continue reading it. I'm at the part where they're back in her country. Sorry if I spoiled. lol

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
:loool: LMAO @ roselovesice :loool: Is not so bad HAHAHAHA I'm sure if the lakorn was done by the English, all these scenes will be in it too, but it was not so in the lakorn, yet with the hot kisses between Ann and Willy you should have guess that the book version will be much more steamy. :lolyup:

FUN so glad to hear that someone is seeing J.T. point of views too, I thought I was the only one understanding him. :)  I sometime finding her gullible annoying.  No matter her expectation of the commoners she should have been raise better and with all that educations she should have been prepared to face with any situation possible.  If she can control her images/feeling/anger etc. then she should also be able to understand when she is not in her element she SHOULD NOT expect peoples to wait on her hands and foots in the situation she was in.  If I were J.T. on that island with her I'll probably let her starve until she come down from her high horse :lmao3: .

I don't know if you gals are bias because you still have the lakorn version in your mind or because you gals really don't like J.T.?  :scratchchin: I believe if you really dissect their situations (the book version that is), you will understand him more. I think he has dealt pretty well with her. Also he is physically attracted to her, and his sexually frustration probably causes all those rude comment and impatience to get her off of his hands to hide his true feelings.  Remember the night they slept together on the hammock, :coverlaf:  she'd let her guard down, loose hairs and all then being nice and smile to him, that's why he had to get away from  her and push her off the hammock instead. :drool: :yahoo:  hahahaha

Oh and sometime just blame his mannerism and arrogant attitude toward women on his Montgomery's linage.  If you'd read about his ancestors from the Velvet's series you'll be more frustrated with the Montgomery men than with J.T on here.  I think majority of JD's male characters has those alpha-male egos and Montgomery's privilege attitudes.  :D

roselovesice

Hahah I'm too shy to watch that steamy, hot kiss between Willy and Anne. I only remember seeing it as a child but as I grew up, my memory of that scene has become quite vague. I don't dare to go back and watch it. LOL I would love to see an American version of this novel, that's if there isn't any yet. 

J.T. did do a great job handling Aria and her way of doing things, attitude, and etc. I especially love the part when he bought her that blue swimsuit! He was such a sweetheart. 555 He pisses me off sometimes but at the same time he makes me laugh at his silliness. One thing I really like about J.T. is that when he loves someone, he loves them deeply with all his heart. All his past flings/ex's doesn't count. 555 Aria's gullible-ness can be quite irritating at times but whatever. I'll let it pass this time. :p

x0unerthanlater

Lol, I cannot read any of these reviews because I will start having a predetermined perspecitve on JT and probably detest everything he does and says.