The Undying Love :: Aum/Aff

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Part 17

It has been two months since Thanatorn's letter. Eventhough Sayla tried to stay positive about his whereabouts, she too was starting to become like Arrisa; an emotional wreck. Lately, Arrisa hasn't been able to eat. Evertime she opens up her mouth to eat, she'd start to cry and her apetite would subside and she just end up running to her room.

Within the two months that has passed, Sayla had to go see Dr. Wimun several times to get the heart devices monitored. So far, so good. Eventhough Sayla seemed to be going through a lot of stress, surprising, she is doing well. Dr. Wimun reassured her that they are working really hard on to donor heart. As a matter of fact, her name is almost at the top of the waiting list. Had, Thanatorn been home, he'd be upset about it, but what Thanatorn doesn't understand is that Sayla is on a waiting list just like everyone else.

Nani is almost 4 months old and is growing rapidly before Sayla's eyes. Not everyday that goes by that Sayla doesn't wish Thanatorn is home to see their baby girl. But no matter how gloom the situation may be, she still managed to put on a smile around other people. She just couldn't show them exactly how she felt, not when she has a baby girl that depends on her.

Sayla had an appointment with Dr. Wimun again, so she left baby Nani with Arrisa. After the appointment and all tests were cleared and had positive results, Sayla caught a cab and was on her way home. Eventhough she gave the cab driver a friendly smile, he still saw the sorrow in her eyes. Even a stranger could see that. While driving Sayla home, the cab driver just couldn't help, but wonder why such a beautiful woman looks so sad.

Cab driver - Uhh... I don't mean to pry, but.. are you okay Miss?

Sayla - Yes! yes.. I'm fine.

Sayla had to lower her head, a little embarrased that she answered that question too quick, trying to hide the truth. She also lowered her voice, wondering if it was that obvious.

Sayla - Why do you ask?

Cab driver - Because you look so sad.. as if you were at a funeral.

Sayla - Don't say that!

Cab driver - Oh....I-I'm sorry. So you did lose someone?

Sayla couldn't help, but wonder if perhaps the cab driver's words were just an interpretation of her true feelings, of the truth. What if Thanatorn is already dead and she doesn't even know it yet?

Sayla - No.. he's still out there... he's gotta be.

Cab driver - Ahh.. I see... so he was sent to war?

Sayla cringed and closed her, and all the tears that hid there fell down her cheeks. It was almost too painful to answer, but she answered anyway.

Sayla - Yes.. he went to war. And.. I haven't heard from him for two months now. No letters.. no calls.. no answer. I've even tried contacting the special armed forces unit to find out where he is and how he is, but nothing.

Cab driver - Ahh... I see. Believe it or not Miss, I'm also waiting on my son to come back. He's been there since that stupid war started. And.. I haven't heard from him either.

Sayla - I'm.. I'm sorry.

Cab driver - Don't be. We are all on the same boat. I understand your sorrow, because mine runs really deep too. But you know.....

Sayla sighed and wiped her tears.

Cab driver - We just have to continue living.. continue to be happy, even if we aren't. We just have to--for them. For their sake. Because if they knew that we are here waiting for them unhappily, they will feel awful not just being in a war, but because they will worry about us.

Sayla - I've tried to be.. but it's just getting unbearable. I-I.. miss him so much that it hurts more than any pain I've ever felt.

Cab driver - I understand, Miss.

The cab then turned on her street and pulled up in front of her house. Sayla grabbed her stuff and was digging into her purse to pay the driver, but he immediately stopped her.

Cab driver - Miss.. please, you don't have to pay me today. It will be on me today okay?

Sayla - Oh.. no! I cann't do that. I've used your meter and I have to pay. Here.. here, take this.

The cab driver smiled at her warmly and touched her hand to stop her from handing him the money.

Cab driver - Please.. it's on me.

Sayla starred at the man, and realized something. He reminded her a lot like her late father. She searched his face for reasurance and again, the man smiled at her, so she nodded and stuffed the money back into her purse.

Sayla - Thank you....

Cab driver - It was my pleasure miss...

Before the cab driver went back into his car, he gave Sayla another heart warming smiled and reminded her of something.

Cab driver - Remember Miss... keep him alive in your heart. He's out there... he'll be home soon. Take care of yourself...

He smiled, got into the cab, and drove off.

Sayla smiled to herself, feeling confident that Thanatorn was okay. Sayla turned around and headed inside the house. She was walking slowly, but soon quickened her pace when she heard cries not only from Nani, but also from Arrisa, She rushed inside the house to see if everyone was okay. When she got inside, she found a hysterical Arrisa pacing back and fourth with a crying Nani carried on her hips.

Sayla - Arrisa!! Arrisa!!! What's wrong??

Arrisa ran to Sayla and handed Nani over to Sayla and continued pacing back and fourth while crying out loudly.

Sayla - Arrisa?? What's going on?

Arrisa didn't answer, but instead she kept pacing and holdong on to her forehead, and ran fingers through her hair nervously.

Sayla - Arrisa!!! You're scaring me.. you're scaring your niece! What's going on?!

Arrisa then looked at Sayla with blood-shot eyes.

Arrisa - I-I-I just watched the news. They said the war is over. Sukham Sone is caught.

Sayla - Well.. that's great news!!

Arrisa sobbed and covered her face and tried to speak through her sobs.

Arrisa - It's good news, but... but..

Sayla - What is it??

Sayla was starting to feel panick. What if Arrisa got word that Thanatorn is dead?

Sayla - Arrisa!!!!!!!!!

Arrisa - But it's been 2 months since we heard from P'Torn. And.. on the news, they said.. a special unit that found Sukham Sone lost a lot of their men. So.. I'm.. I'm worried about P'Torn. What if he's .. he's not coming back?!? What if he's dead?!!

Sayla - NO! Don't say that. We don't know for sure.. he's not dead! He can't be. He promised us that he will come home to us! And I believe him! He's still out there. Watch, you'll see.

Arrisa - I-I- I don't know anymore. I just don't!

Arrisa covered her face and sat down on the couch. Nani continued crying while Sayla hugged her and tried to shush her by patting her butt.

Sayla - It's okay, my sweet angel. Mommy's here.

Arrisa - P'Say.. how can you be so sure?? The war is over God Damn it, but where is he!!! Why won't they call us.. those bastards. They got what they needed and they don't even care about the soldier's families!!!

Sayla - I'm.. I'm sure we'll know something soon.

Arrisa - When??!!!!!!!!

Sayla - I don't know, but I just know in my heart that he's alive. Arrisa.

Arrisa sighed and covered her face. While Sayla walked to the kitchen, paused in front of the sink, and had to hold on to the side of the sink for support, because she felt as if her knees were about to give out on her. Nani laid her head on Sayla's shoulders while Sayla looked out the window by the sink.

P'Torn.. please come back to me. Please keep your promise and come home, Sayla uttered softly to herself.

Part 18 Coming up!

lady0fdarkness

By the way.. I'm bringing this to a close in about 2 chapters-- lol... dunno how it happened, but at first I intended it to be two parts! Ahh... thanks for bearing with me guys.

lady0fdarkness

yea... sayla.. you must believe that thanathorn will be back... hehehe....
lol... imahinarygur... it looks like you put yourself in every fics. glad you're enjoying them.[/

keep the hope alive! awww... 2 chapters? i look forward to read more of your other fan fic~
yes.. hopefully I can fit everything in 2 chapters.. if not, then it'll be a little longer. In the meantime I'll try and update the other one too.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
oh so soon...only two more chapter.....that cab driver is so sweet...it's so cool how you meet people like that just when need it the most ^^

lady0fdarkness

oh so soon...only two more chapter.....that cab driver is so sweet...it's so cool how you meet people like that just when need it the most ^^

oops, I meant 3 chapters. I want try and end it at part 20. Yes.. I love how we have so many kind-hearted compassionate people in our world to lift us up at times like these. Sighh

lady0fdarkness

Part 18

Arrisa and Sayla felt as if they were walking on broken glass for the next two weeks. They waited anxiously by the phone and even checked the mail 5 times a day, hoping for some kind of miracle. Sayla, eventhough she was trying to stay optimistic, she was getting worried each day that her aching heart would give out on her and that she'll never get to see Thanatorn when he gets back. Her heart ached emotionally and literally. If only she could just run into his arms right now, her life would be complete. If only he were here to hold her, then all of her fears would vanish. And even if she were to die from complication, at least his face she'll get to feel for the very last time.

Sayla sat on the rocker in the nursey with Nani fast asleep on her lap. Even though the baby's been asleep for hours now, she still rocked back and fourth slowly; empty and blank like a zombie, feeling completely numb. She looked onto the quiet nursery as tears fell down her face. A wave of guilt washed over her.

Maybe I was the one who killed you, Thanatorn?? Is it my fault? Why didn't I stop you! Sayla uttered to herself. Wait.. wait! What am I talking about, he's not dead!!!

Sayla bit her lip, trying to stop herself from saying such things. She rose from the rocking chair and placed Nani into her crib. She left the room and was about to go knocking on Arrisa's door, when she stopped herself, knowing that Arrisa is inside moping under the covers. It was already bed time, so she didn't want to bother her anymore. She wiped her tears and went into the bathroom and shut the door, and had to lean on it for support. Her legs and knees felt so weak, but it didn't feel as weak as her heart right now. What if Thanatorn never comes back? What will become of them? How will they afford this house? That will mean she will be a widow, Nani will be fatherless, and Arrisa--she'll be the only surviving member of her family.

Sayla cupped her aching head and ran to the sink. She felt her aching heart jump and literally feel the devices hanging from her chest vinrate. With shaken hands, she opened the medicine cabinet and searched for her medicine. As she went through the medicine cbinet, she just couldn't get through them fast enough to find the medicine she need, so she knocked them all down. Wheh she finally found her medicine, she opened it frantically, and popped two pills into her mouth and swallowed it dry. When she closed the cabinet, that's when she caught a glimpse of herself, and those devices hanging from her chest. She doesn't look like the Sayla she knew. The Sayla she knew was happy--was bright and energetic. Now the Sayla staring back at her has dark eyes, swollen from crying, face sunken in from losing weight, and lips quivering from fear of losing him. The Sayla staring back at her was sad and angry, and sickly. She could be dropping dead any minute now, but the Sayla staring back at her had to hold on, for him. He promised her--promised that he'll come home. She closed her tired eyes as tears streaked down the face that was already soaked from tears.

She gripped the medicine tightly inside her palms, clutching it to her chest, feeling those damn things vibrate. And then she couldn't hold it in anymore.

GOD DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She screamed at herself in the mirror. WHY WERE YOU BORN WITH A DISEASED HEART!!!!!!!!!!!???

That' when she threw the tube of medicine clutched in her hands at the mirror, shattering not only the mirror, but the tube of medicine all over the floor.

Sayla broked down and weeped like she hasn't weeped before. All the emotions and hurt flowed out like a waterfall. She grabbed a handful of pills that was laying around and threw it all over the bathroom.

This doesn't matter anymore!!!!!!!!! I might as well die if I lose you!!!!!!!

And then there was a bang on the door.

Arrisa - P'Say!! P'Sayy!!! Are you okay?????

Sayla closed her mouth with her hands and didn't say a word, hoping that Arrisa would just go away.

Arrisa - P'Say... What's wrong?? Are you okay?

Still nothing. Sayla weeped silenty into her palms. For the past long months, she was the one trying to be strong for everyone, but now-- it's been 2 weeks since the war ended and still no word. They haven't heard from him for over two months. Sayla was tired of lying to herself--maybe he is dead! And if he is dead, then all of her hopes, dreams, wishes; they are all shattered into pieces. There's no point of preyending anymore, she thought. Maybe if she rejected Thanatorn a long time ago when he wanted to court her, then none of this would have happened! He'd still be alive; he wouldn't feel obligated to give himself to war to save her, to only be told the same thing, that the donor heart doesn't come easily with a snap of a finger. Maybe if she had rejected his proposal, then he'd still be alive. Then maybe, she will deal with her diseased heart alone. Sayla cupped her head and thought of all these negative things. But Arrisa kept on disrupting her thoughs as she banged on the door.

Arrisa - P'Say!! Open the door, please!!!

Sayla - What do you want?

Sayla spoke through shaken voice.

Arrisa - I want to talk to you.

Sayla - Go away Arrisa.. you're right, and I'm wrong. He's dead! It's all over now.. we've lost everything.

Arrisa - No.. don't say that, P'Say!

Sayla - I was a fool all along trying to hide the truth.. trying to hide the fact that P'Torn won't be coming back.

Arrisa - But like you said, we don't know for sure yet!

Sayla - Are you kidding me, Arrisa?? We havn't heard from him for over two months! I've been a fool for believing in such fables. You are right and I was wrong, so... just... just go away.

Arrisa - But you were the one who told me to keep him alive in hearts!

Sayla - I-I-was wrong.. I shouldn't have lied to you, Arrisa. I wanted to believe it myself, that's why I said those things. But now... I-I.. know for myself okay?

Sayla wiped her eyes and began to stand up.

Arrisa - P'Say... I'm sorry I doubted everything that you said.. you were trying to make things better for us, but I just acted like a fool. Please.. forgive me.

Sayla - I never foresaked you in the first place, Arrisa.

Arrisa - Then please come out. We've got to stay strong.. like you've always taught me.. if not for P'Torn, then at least for Nani's sake!

Sayla paused for a minute cause she knew that Arrisa was right. She can't give up now, she's got a little girl that's depending on her. And then after a long pause, she finally opened the door. The two women looked at eachother and cried. They reached for one another and hugged. Arrisa looked into the bathroom and saw the mess that Sayla did.

Arrisa - don't worry about that, I'll clean it up okay?

Sayla - I'm sorry.. I.. was looking for my pills.

Arrisa looked at the floor and saw the trail of pills.

Arrisa - Well.. it looks like you found them.

And then right away the two girls started to laugh at Arrisa's light joke.

Sayla - Well.. it's late, I think I'm going to join Nani in her nursey and go to bed.

Arrisa - Wait, P'Say, it's only 9:30, won't you join me? Let's just sit around and drink cofee and eat junk.

Sayla - Well.. you know I can't have that much caffeine.

Arrisa - Right! Okay, how about I make you a hot cup of coco?

Sayla - Okay... that sounds pretty good right now.

Just when the two ladies were about to walk to the kitchen, there was a knock on the door. They both looked at eachother and right away, they dodged to the door. When they got to the door, they looked at eachother again while the knocks kept coming.

Sayla - Who could that be at this hour??

Arrisa - I don't know, let's find out.

Arrisa reached for the knob and turned it. When she opened the door, there was a man in uniform standing at the door. Right away, the ladies faces flushed with all kinds of emotions. From anticipation to excitement to anxiety to nervousness. What is this man doing here? Is he here to deliver bad news or good news?

Arrisa - H-hi , how may I help you?

Officer - Are you Mrs. Thamadeth?

Arrisa - I'm Miss Thamadeth. That's Mrs. Thamadeth.

Arrisa pointed to Sayla who was standing next to her.

The officer then turned to Sayla.

Officer - Mrs. Thamadeth, I'm officer Jung San from special Unit stationed here in Khon Kaen. I've come to deliver news on your husband, Thanatorn Thamadeth.

Sayla's eyes widened and her heart beat faster than a clock ticking. Arrisa grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

Sayla - What is it?

Officer - Ma'am, Thanatorn was involved in a battle on ground zero. He was seeking survivors in an abandoned building when--

The ladies looked at eachother and their hearts were pounding, each could easily hear their hearts. Suddenly the ground underneath Sayla began to shake. She swallowed the hard lump in her throat.

Sayla - Is.. is he... okay?

Officer - Ma'am, Thanatorn were among the men who were hit by the flying ammo. But....

That's when Sayla couldn't hold onto herself any longer. The floor spun underneath her and everything went blurry. She then collapsed, but fell right into Arrisa's arms. She fainted before hearing the west of the news.

Officer - Ma'am!!! Ma'am!

Arrisa - Quick! Help me get her inside onto the sofa. I need to grab the vapor stick!!!

The officer grabbed Sayla's torso while Arrisa took her legs and they rested her on the spfa. The officer took off his hat and shook his head while Arrisa ran into the bedroom to get the vapor stick.

Officer - So sorry ma'am, I came to deliver good news. I didn't mean to make you faint.

The officer uttered to himself.

Part 19 Coming up!

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
that was so good...poor sayla..blaming herself..gasp i hope sayla wakes up and hear the good news...

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
oh no... she faint before she heard the good news... hope she's fine... can't wait for them to be back together.. it's sad seeing how sayla trying to be strong...

lady0fdarkness

that was so good...poor sayla..blaming herself..gasp i hope sayla wakes up and hear the good news...

oh no... she faint before she heard the good news... hope she's fine... can't wait for them to be back together.. it's sad seeing how sayla trying to be strong...
for me.. I thought that scene was kinda funny cause she fainted and the guy was there to give her good news, but the guy was being too dramatic I guess. lol..

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
for me.. I thought that scene was kinda funny cause she fainted and the guy was there to give her good news, but the guy was being too dramatic I guess. lol..

haha... maybe... but the guy should just tell it's a good news... it's already nerve-wrecking waiting for their loved one news...

lady0fdarkness

Part 19

The officer stood nervously holding his hat and shifted his weight left to right, not knowing what to do. He felt guilty for making Sayla faint. He should have just spit out the good news right when they opened the door for him. And now there's a lady unconcious before him. When Arrisa found the vapor stick, she quickly took it to where Sayla laid unconcious. She looked at the officer angrily.

Arrisa - See what you've done?? All this time we've been waiting for you people to contact us about Thanatorn, but nothing. And now you show up at our step in the middle of the God damn night. Why didn't you contact us earlier or came earlier in the day?? Can't you see that my sister-in-law is a sick woman!!!!!!

Arrisa held the vapor stick to Sayla's nose so that she could inhale it as she breathed in.

Officer - Miss, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make Mrs. Thamadeth faint. I've just come deliver news, I came as I was told!

Arrisa - Well! You people got some nerves, coming here. First you start a war, then you take my brother eventhough you don't need him, and now??? Please just leave! You've done enough okay???

Officer - But Miss.. Don't you want to--

Arrisa - Where is your office?? And what is your name? I will go there first thing in the morning to straighten this out, but right now, I've got to make sure my sister-in-law is okay!!

Officer - Miss, is she okay? Maybe we should take her to the doctor. Please let me drive you there.

Arrisa - You think it's tht easy to just pick up and leave??? Do you realized that there is a baby sleeping in the nursery??? Do you realized that you took a new father to war?? Leaving his baby here without him??? Leaving his sick wife behind?

Officer - Miss Thamadeth, I'm just a messenger. I don't have--

Arrisa - That's right!! So I want you to take my message to the guy in charge, you hear me?? Now leave!!!

Officer - But Miss Thamadeth! I've got important news to deliver to you.

Arrisa - I told you, you people have done enough. Just leave me your name and I will see to that your superiors be notified of your so-called message. You' nearly killed my sister-in-law!!!

While Arrisa showed the officer her disapproval of the army, she kept the vapor stick under Sayla's nose and didn't realized that Sayla was moving slightly, almost coming to conciousness.

Officer - Again, Miss Thamadeth, I am just the messenger. I am truly sorry for what just happened. But please let me help. Will Mrs. Thamadeth be okay or shal I need to call an ambulance?

Arrisa - No! I can call the ambulance myself. Now, please.. just leave.

The officer put on his hat, tipped it, and apologized one more time. But as he was about to walk out the door, Sayla sat up and called out to him.

Sayla - Wait!!

The officer turned around and was glad that Sayla awoke.

Arrisa - P'Say, I think he needs to leave. We need to make a comp;aint tomorrow!

Sayla - No, Arrisa. It's okay.

Sayla then turned her attention to the officer. Bu now Arrisa crossed her arms and refused to look at him. In her mind, she feels like the army stole her brother from her, so she resents them.

Sayla - Sir? Please continue where you left off. I'm okay now.

Officer - Mrs. Thamadeth, my apologies. It is our policy to explain to you in detail of the sitation, so I was only doing my job.

Arrisa - Oh, so your job is to scare people and make then faint??!!

Sayla - Arrisa.. it's okay. Let's let the man speak.. please. If it's about Thanatorn, good or bad.. I'm all ears.

Sayla then nodded at the officer to let him continue.

Sayla - Sir, please.. what kind of news do you have for us? Start from the beginning.

Officer - Thanatorn was shot.

Sayla and Arrisa gasps and closed their mouth with their hands. Arrisa then took the vapor stink and sniffed it herself, trying to prevent herself from fainting this time. Sayla somehow remained calm.

Officer - He was shot by the enemy, however..... he got lucky.

That's when Sayla and Arrisa took a sigh of relief.

Arrisa - So are you saying that P'Torn is alive and well???

Officer - Yes..... fortunately, the bullet missed vital artieries and major organs.

Sayla - So where is he now????

Officer - He is resting in Saifa city hospital.

Arrisa - How long has he been there????

Officer - For two months now. He's been recovering there for the past two months.

Sayla - That's why we didn't hear from him.

Arrisa looked at Sayla with a lot of excitement in her eyes. She then stood up and jumped and cheered. She was sorry to think that he was dead all this time.

Sayla - Since the war is over, can we go visit him????????

Officer - No.

Arrisa - What?? Why??????????????

Sayla - Sir?? Why not? We want to see him.

Officer - Because you don't need to travel hundreds of miles to see him.

Arrisa - Huh??

Officer - Because he's coming home tomorrow evening.

Sayla and Arrisa looked at eachother disbelief. It was so suureal, they thought this moment would never come.

Officer - I've come to deliver some paperwork and special orders in order to care for him.

The officer handed the girls a stack of paper. They took it and skimmed it. It was instructions on the care of a wounded soldier. There was also a list of things they needed to buy.

Arrisa - Oh my God, P'Sayla!!!!!!

Sayla - Thank you for the news, sir.

Officer - It was my pleasure. Well.. I better get going. You ladies have a good night. Again, I'm sorry about earlier.

Sayla - That's okay,, goodnight.

Arrisa hesitated, but said goodnight to the officer as well.

When the officer left, the girls cheered and hugged. This was the best news ever.

Sayla - Looks like we've got to get up early and prepare for hs return. I'll go to the market tomorrow to but the things he needs and also I want to make his favorite food and deserts.

Arrisa - P'Say!! I'm so excited. How about you stay here and get things ready here and I'll go pick those things up?? Besides, I want to pick him up a little welcome home gift.

Sayla - Okay.. sounds like a good idea; I've got to get this place tidy up, so he feels welcomed.

Arrisa - This is the a dream come true P'Say. Thank you so much for putting up with me and for getting me through these tough three months. I feel so bad.. I mean... I should have been the one to comfort you since you're also going through medical st--

Sayla interrupted her, not wanting to be reminded of her heart condition.

Sayla - I'm glad I was able to be there for you Non'Arrisa. You were there for me too... whether you believe ir or not. So let's be happy and get ready for his return.

Arrisa nodded and hugged Sayla.

Sayla - I think we all should head to bed.. it will be a long and exciting day tomorrow.

Arrisa - Okay, P'Say...

Sayla - Goodnight nong Arrisa.

Arrisa - Goodnight, P'Sayla.

Sayla walked to the nursery to kiss Nani and sleep there with her, while Arrisa twirled around and went ahead and dimmed all the lights. Tomorrow will be a good day indeed.

Stay tuned for the conclusuon of The Undying Love, coming up!