The Undying Love :: Aum/Aff

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
haha... luckily you settled with one leg else it'll be very sad and cruel for them... haha
lol... I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

I am so behind on reading, I know..but my lovely lome..no worries I shall catch up this weekend, you know I love your work!!!!!!!!!! Gotta show my support!

Chenada! hey girl.. I miss reading your posts and your stories. I'm glad you're going to catch up..lol.. I dunno why, but I kinda slowed down in writing this one. Well hope you like the story,girl See you..

lady0fdarkness

Part 21 - The conclusion

When Thanatorn stepped into his home, a warmth washed over him. It felt so good being in a familiar place and with the women that he loves so much. The feelings were so overwhelming that he couldn't help, but cry. He stood there and wandered his eyes around, trying to take in as much as possible. Sayla saw that his tears were falling down, so she quickly wiped them for him. Being away at war took a toll on him. After watching everyone die around him, he knew that it was a glimpse of hell. And now that he's finally home, heaven was here again.

Sayla - P'Torn... ? Darling..?

Sayla wiped his tears and kissed his cheeks and wrapped her arms around him one more time.

Sayla - Let's go sit down. I'll get you something to drink okay.

Sayla helped Thanatorn sit on the couch and placed baby Nani on her rocker in front of him. When he sat down, he reached over to his daughter and carressed her face. Her skin feels so soft; it doesn't feel like the rough asphalt and dirt that he had to bury his face in for months just trying to escape the bombs and gunfire. When his daughter giggled and cooed back at him, that's when he knew he was home for good.

Sayla - Darling? What would you like to drink sweetie?

Thanatorn - Uhm.. anything you've got, baby..

Sayla - Okay.. I just made fresh sweet tea. I'll give you a nice cold glass okay?

Thanatorn - Thank you.

Sayla was beyond happy that her husband's home. But she did see that he has changed a bit. The Thanatorn that she met and married was vibrant and cheerful, but the Thanatorn she sees now seems distant and sad. She knew that perhaps she just needs to give him some time to adjust.

Sayla handed him the glass of ice tea and he thanked her with a smile. He took a small sip and placed it down on the coffe table. Though he is now in a familiar warm place, somehow he felt like a stranger in his own home. Everything looked exactly the same when he left, but after being surrounded by collpased buildings and busted metals and bombs and death, he felt a little uneasy. Sayla watched him as he tried to adjust himself. She knew he felt awkward, so she quickly tried to make him feel at home.

Sayla - Darling... I'm so happy today.. Seeing you makes me feel safe and at ease.

Thanatorn - I'm.. I'm happy too. Our daughter.. she got so big.

Sayla - Yes, hehe... she's quite the eater. I think she eats more than I do!

Sayla laughed and waited for Thanatorn to laughed too, but he just did a little chuckle and then held on to his own hands.

Sayla - Uhmm.. ohh.. here, let me take off your jacket for you.

Sayla took a hold of his jacket and allowed him to lean forward so she could take them off for him.

Thanatorn - Thank you.

Sayla - P'Torn.. While you watch Nani.. I'm going to continue preparing some things in the kitchen okay?

Thanatorn - Ohh? I..I watch Nani?

Sayla - Yes..

Thanatorn - But.. but.. I..

Sayla - Silly, you don't have to do much. All you've got to do is keep an eye on her for me.

Thanatorn - But what if she cries.. and I get save her??!!!

Thanatorn's eyes began to tear up.

Thanatorn - What if I let her slip and I can't save her? What if they come and get her???!!!

Thanatorn grabbed his head nervously and ran his fingers through his hair as if he was about to lose control. It looked as if he was afraid of something reliving a nightmare that he probably went through.

Sayla was a bit startled by his reaction. She moved over to sit by him and grabbed his shoulders.

Sayla - P'Torn??!! P'Torn??!! Darling!! It's okay! You're at home now!!

Thanatorn paused and then he looked around him to make sure he was safe. When he realized that he was indeed home, he searched Sayla's face frantically.

Thanatorn - I.. I.. What's happening to me??!!!

Thanatorn buried his face into Sayla's chest and weeped.

Sayla - Darlinng... you're... safe now. You're home with me.. with Nani.. and with Arrisa.

That's when Thanatorn felt the devices on her chest. He raised from her chest and took a hold of her collar, and started to unbuttoned it.

Sayla - Darling, what are you doing?

Thanatorn didn't answer her, but instead kept on unbuttoning her blouse. When he was done unbuttoning, he pulled her shirt open to expose her chest. To his horror, she was still wearing those devices. His eyes widened in shock and then he searched her face. Sayla quickly took a hold of her shirt and buttoned herself up.

Thanatorn - What's the meaning of this?!!

Sayla - Uhh... they.. they...

Thanatorn - I already gave those bastards the money!!! Why haven't you gotten a new heart???

Sayla - I-I-I've been seeing Dr. Wimun and he says I'm okay.

Thanatorn was furious and tried to stand up, but when he tried to grab his crutches, they feel to the ground, causing Nani to startle and cry. Sayla immediately picked Nani up and tried to comfort her.

Sayla - P'Torn.. please calm down. I'll get the heart eventually, please. You're scaring our daughter.

Thanatorn - I can't believe those bastards!!!! I gave them their God damn money... I went to war.. I paid for it, and you're still wearing those damn devices!! NO!!

Sayla - Darling!! Please!! Calm down! I'm fine!

Thanatorn grabbed his crutches and stood himself up in a rage. He couldn't believe his eyes wheh he saw his wife still wearing those devices. It's like everything he did was in vain. He almost lost his life, he almost lost his family and to only find out that nothing has change. Thanatorn walked towards the door and looked around for his keys.

Sayla - Where are you going, P'Torn?

Thanatorn - I'm going to the hospital!!!

Sayla - P'Torn... but.. what about your.. your.. leg?

Thanatorn looked down at himself and just remembered that he needed his right leg to drive, but his right leg is missing.

Thanatorn - Then you'll have to drive.

Sayla - P'Torn.. darling, please. I'm okay.. I'm fine. Let's talk about this later. Please sit down.

Thanatorn looked around in frustration and then continued to search for his keys.

Sayla - Darling.. you've just come home. Please sit down.

Thanatorn - Baby.. but I paid them.. I-I risked everything.

Sayla - But I'm okay right now, darling.

Just when Thanatorn was about to open his mouth, a beeping sound came from the beeper that sits on the kitchen counter. Sayla and Thanatorn looked at eachother in shock. That beeping sound meant that it was their que to go to the hospital for a transplant.

Sayla - P'Torn!!!! The beeper!!

Thanatorn wobbled over to the beeper and grabbed it and looked at it. The green light flashed on and off; that meant one thing, it was time to go to the hospital. Sayla ran into the nursery and grabbed Nani's diaper bag. And then to the kitchen to grab her milk supplies and baby foods. Thanatorn couldn't believe his ears. He made it just in time for her surgery.

Sayla - P'Torn, gimme a minute, let me call Arrisa to meet us at the hospital.

Sayla dialed Arrisa's number. She allowed it to ring for several rings, but it went to voicemail. Sayla left a message.

Arrisa.. the hospital beeped me. I've got a donor!! Your brother, Nani, and I are heading to the hospital. Please meet us there. Or call P'Torn's cell phone when you get this message, I'll probably be in surgery! K, love you. Bye.

When Sayla was done grabbing things, they headed to the car and Sayla drove them off to the hospital. Both their hearts were beating a mile a minute. This must be a dream come true, everything was coming into place. Thanatorn's back from war and Sayla's getting her new heart.

When they got to the Operation floor, a nurse greeted them right away.

Nurse - Mrs. Saylanee Thamadeth?

Sayla - Yes, that's me.

Nurse - Ma'dam come with me. We've go to prep you for surgery.

Thanatorn sat in the waiting room and craddled a sleeping Nani in arms and waited for the nurse to wheel Sayla out in the gurney on the way to surgery.

The nurse and crew members appeared from the prep room with Sayla on the gurney pushing her towards the operation room. Immediately Thanatorn stood up and hopped over to Sayla while still cradling his baby.

Thanatorn - I love you, baby.. I'll be right here waiting for you.

Sayla - I love you darling..

And then Thanatorn kissed her cheek and they wheeled her into the operation room. Thanatorn stepped back into the waiting room and sat down still holding on to Nani. He hugged her and then placed her in the stroller. He didn't realized how tired he was, so he rested his head on the seat and sighed. And after thinking about Sayla and the transplant, Thanatorn fell asleep. He was drifted in dreamland, wandering around white areas when some one shook his shoulders to wake him.

Arrisa - P'Torn.. P'Torn...

Thanatorn opened his eyes.

Thanatorn - Arrisa?

Arrisa - Yes.. P'Torn, it's me.

Thanatorn stood up and hugged his sister.

Arrisa - So happy you're home... P'Say is okay now. You don't have to worry anymore.

Thanatorn - Arrisa, thank you for watching over Sayla and Nani.

Arrisa - It was my pleasure P'Torn...

Thanatorn - I won't ever leave you guys anymore.

Arrisa - I know you won't.. you're the best father.. husband.. and brother... I love you. I've got to go now okay?

Thanatorn - Arrisa, where are you going?

Then suddenly, Thanatorn felt someone tap him on the shoulders. It was a nurse. He opened his eyes and looked around. He was still in the waiting room at the hospital. Weird. He thought Arrisa just woke him, but it was just a dream. Thanatorn looked at the nurse who was holding a laughing Nani. The nurse handed Nani back to him.

Nurse - She's a cutie.

Thanatorn - Thank you.

Nurse - Sir, the operation is a success. Your wife is in recovery right now.

Thanatorn - Thank you, when can I see her?

Nurse - Dr. Wimun is on his way to see you right now. Please have a seat sir.

Thanatirn nodded and thanked the nurse again.

And then a minute later, Dr. Wimun appeared and extended his hand and shook Thanatorn's hand.

Dr. Wimun - Mr. Thamadeth, would you please join me in my office?

Thanatorn placed Nani in the stroller and Dr. Wimun took the handle and helped Thanatorn push the stroller to his office.

Dr. Wimun - Please sit down.

Thanatorn - Thank you.

Dr. Wimun - First off, Mrs. Thamadeth's surgery is a success. The healthy heart has been implanted. It will take about 6-9 months to fully recover. Afterwards, she will lead a normal and healthy life.

Thanatorn - I thought I'd never say this, but thank you again doctor.

Dr. Wimun - You're welcome... Now, Mr. Thamadeth, I'd like to discuss something with you. Actually this is the very first time I will be discussing something that we normally keep confidential, however.. it is the donor's last request. And as a hospital of good faith, we have an obligation to carry the request on behave of the donor.

Thanatorn - That's great, because I'd like to have the name of the donor so I could thank the donor's family for extendeding my wife's life.

Dr. Wimun sighed. And then he reached into the files and pulled out some letters from the donor and placed it in front of Thanatorn. There were two letters, one to the administrator of the hospital and one to Thanatorn himself. By now Thanatorn was confused. He searched the doctor's face.

Dr. Wimun - There was a fatal accident near the mall. The donor had a head-on collision with someone who was driving on the wrong side of the road. A few minutes after arrival, she died.

Thanatorn searched the doctor's face again and then reluctantly looked down at the letter and started to read it.

VERY IMPORTED : OPEN AT TIME OF DEATH

To my dearest P'Torn,

It was an honor to have been born your sister. To know compassion and heart is to know you. You have been my backbone and my life. You have been my protector and my light. You are everything that I would have wanted if I were ever to marry someone. You are everything strong and wonderful, P'Torn. I love you forver. If you are reading this letter, then my life has been completed. I've always questioned my purpose in this world and I think this was one of them...

I am okay... Promise me that you will be happy and live on.

Please accept my last gift to you and P'Say and Nani. I love you guys with every ounce of my soul. My heart goes on...

Always your baby sister,

Arrisa

Dear Sirs,

In the event of my death. As my last request, please allow my heart to be donated to my sister-in-law, Saylanee Thamadeth. Your hospital holds my medical records. I am the perfect donor for P'Say. When the operation is a succes, please pass on my letters to my brother. If for some reason, Saylanee already has a new heart at the time of my death, please donate my heart to someone who needs it.

I am confident that you will do the right thing and carry out my requests.

Thank you,

Arrisa Thamadeth

By the time he was done reading, his face was soaked with tears and the letters were stained from his tears. He was so strickened with grief and sorrow that he didn't even care if snot was running down his nose.

Dr. Wimun - Mr. Thamadeth... Please excuse me for a minute.. The nurse will be here in a few to take you to your wife okay.. ?

Thanatorn continued to cry while Nani sat in her stroller, just looking at her daddy. Dr. Wimun opened and closed the door behind him, leaving Thanatorn to weep.

STAY TUNED for Epilogue. Coming up!!

imaginarygur

sarNie Adult
oh god... it's so sad... arrisa wad died... no.... while i'm reading the letter, i cried... how cruel to end her life.. she haven't even meet her brother for the last time... :(

lady0fdarkness

oh god... it's so sad... arrisa wad died... no.... while i'm reading the letter, i cried... how cruel to end her life.. she haven't even meet her brother for the last time... :(
I know... but someone had to die.. it's part of the storyline and the title... Arrisa had the undying love.. her heart lives on. As I typed this chapter, I was crying too. :(

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
omg that was so sad and sweet at the same time...arrisa gave up her life for her sister in law, sayla to live...awwwww....that's so beautiful...i'm crying right now too....she waited for her brother to come back so she could leave...

poor thanatorn...still having images of the war...sometimes people can't get over that....and losing a leg....now losing a sister :(

lady0fdarkness

omg that was so sad and sweet at the same time...arrisa gave up her life for her sister in law, sayla to live...awwwww....that's so beautiful...i'm crying right now too....she waited for her brother to come back so she could leave...

poor thanatorn...still having images of the war...sometimes people can't get over that....and losing a leg....now losing a sister :(
Poor Thanatorn... he lost so much, but gained so much too... it's bittersweet. :(

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
i know....you must lost something to gain something else in return....it's just so amazing how arrisa was willing to give up her heart, especially for having a big brother like thanatorn..i can see why...he has been there for her a lot..she felt like she wanted to repay them for everything....i wonder if i would be able to do that for my brothers too???

lady0fdarkness

i know....you must lost something to gain something else in return....it's just so amazing how arrisa was willing to give up her heart, especially for having a big brother like thanatorn..i can see why...he has been there for her a lot..she felt like she wanted to repay them for everything....i wonder if i would be able to do that for my brothers too???

you'll learn more about Arrisa's decision in the epilogue and I'll explain in the Extras and alternate Ending segment.

I have a little brother that I love so dearly.. I'll take a bullet for him. Sighh.....
my cousin thought I was crazy when I was crying while I typed out this chapter.. thanks for reading you guys..

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
awww that's so sweet lome....can't wait for the extras and alternate ending too OoOoo....

your cousin is crazy...even i cried reading the chapter....and when i was reading this, i was thinking about my aunt..she just died friday night too :( *sniff*

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
thanks....she's been battling with cancer for a long time....and i guess she felt it was time for her to go...still so sad...and what was is also really sad is that my other aunt that lives up north of us didn't even know until my mom left her a message...her own family didn't even tell her.. :( :(

lady0fdarkness

^^ sorry to hear about that RR... God bless your family and Aunt... times like these can be so overwhelming that it may confuse people. Sigh..

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
thanks again lome =) i'm just trying to find something to distract me for now....i can't even sleep right now either..

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
lol i tried to lome...i stayed up until 5 am just watching disney movies. sigh. i don't know. i am trying to write updates for my fanfics hopefully something comes to mind.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Are you trying to kill me? I cried my eyes out when I was reading the last chapter. Yeah it took me awhile to actually get to the end. Do write another fiction after this and hopefully it will be a happy cheerful one too.

RR sad to hear about your aunt. I wish you and you’re family the best.

lady0fdarkness

Are you trying to kill me? I cried my eyes out when I was reading the last chapter. Yeah it took me awhile to actually get to the end. Do write another fiction after this and hopefully it will be a happy cheerful one too.

RR sad to hear about your aunt. I wish you and you're family the best.
hello ms. fun, sorry for the sad chapter, but I'm glad you like the story.... as for the cheerful story.. I'll try... lol.. I'm not good with writing cheerful stuff. hehe

lady0fdarkness

Epilogue

Thanatorn held his breath as he stood there watching Arrisa's coffin being lowered into the ground. The weather didn't help much either. The grey skies were low and moved slowly as if it knew that someone's life was taken away. He couldn't believe that once again, he is burying one of his loved ones so soon. His heart ached to see her face just one more time; if he could just hug his sister right now, he'd give anything. It was awful that he didn't even get to see her since his return, and when he left to war, Arrisa was angry at him. He hoped and prayed that somehow Arrisa forgave him. Thanatorn took a deep breath and no matter how hard he tried to hold in his tears, it just fell down his cheeks as if they had a life of their own.

Sayla held on to her chest where Arrisa's heart rests and cried. She felt honored to have Arrisa's heart. She felt grateful, but if it meant that Arrisa would still be alive today, she'd rather give it back. And no matter how many times Thanatorn reassured her, Sayla felt guilty for everything that has happened in their family. But how can she help having a bad heart? And how can she help having such a wonderful family that loves her so much that they would give up even their hearts? Sayla vowed that Arrisa's death wouldn't be in vain. She vowed to guard Arrisa's heart with her life and take care of it forever.

It has been concluded that Arrisa died in a car accident. The other driver lives, but have since been charged with manslaughter. At least some kind of justice was served, but that wasn't what Thanatorn wanted. He'd rather have her here with him.

After the funeral, Thanatorn and Sayla went into Arrisa's room to clear some things out. They wanted to keep things the way it was, because it felt like any day now Arrisa would just walk through the door, but they knew it was impossible. Sayla stood there and looked around and couldn't help, but tear up.

Sayla - P'Torn... I-I-can't.. it's too hard for me. Is it okay if you continue by yourself?

Thanatorn - Yes.. just go get some rest baby.. I'll continue here.

Sayla - Thank you darling... I love you.

Sayla wiped her tears and left Arrisa's room, leaving Thanatorn to go through Arrisa's things and try to decide what to do with them. Thanatorn could almost feel her presence as he stood there, wondering what to do next. And then when he looked over to the bed, he caght a glimpse of picture frames on both sides of the bed. On the left side was a photo of Sayla and Nani and on the right side, there was a picture frame of Thanatorn and herself. Thanatorn smiled and tears fell down his face as he appraoched the bed and sat down next to the picture frame. He took a hold of the frame and stared at the picture. He could remember that moment that it was taken. It was during his birthday last year. the picture was snapped while Arrisa was putting cake icing all over his face. After looking at the photo, he placed it back on the drawer.

Thanatorn sighed and pulled open the drawers. There were a few documents in there. He took a deep breath and pulled out the documents to read them. They were medical papers and a driver's licensing change. Those papers revealed that just a month after Thanatorn left for war, Arrisa went to the clinic and took a bunch of tests. He couldn't believe that she was the perfect match for Sayla. And then it looked like Arrisa went and updated her driver's license to become an organ donor. Now he knew for certain that Arrisa went and did all of this in case she died. She wanted Sayla to have her heart, so that her heart can be with them always. Thanatorn placed all of her paperwork back in the drawer and decided not to touch any of things for now. He stood up and looked around one last time and left the room.

2 years later..........

Nurse - Push!!!! Mrs. Thamadeth!! Take a deep breath.. push!!!!

Thanatorn held onto his wife's hand, trying to encourage her to push.

Dr. Thanh - I see her head!!! One more push!!!

Thanatorn - C'mon baby.. we're almost there, push baby!

Sayla - Ahhhhh!!!!!! Darling!!!

Thanatorn - I'm here baby.. I'm here.

Thanatorn bent down and kissed her forehead.

Dr. Thanh - She's coming!! I see her!!!

And then within a second, Thanatorn and Arrisa's second child was delivered. The nurse and doctor quickly worked on the baby girl and got her cleaned up. The nurse wrapped the baby in a pink blanket and then handed her over to her happy parents.

Nani and one of Sayla's friend was waiting anxiously when a nurse poked her head out from the dilivery room and signalled to them that they can now come in.

Carrie - You hear that Nani?? Your sister is here! Let's go.

Nani - Otay.. I want to see my sister.

When they got inside the room, Nani ran into her daddy's arms.

Thanatorn - Look sweetheart, your little sister.

Nani - Wow!

Sayla held onto her baby and kissed her cheek.

Nurse - Mr. and Mrs. Thamadeth, I'm preparing the birth certificate right now. Do you have a name for your new baby girl?

Thanatorn and Sayla looked at eachother and smiled warmly and both told the nurse the name of their baby at the same time.

Arrisa Thamadeth is her name.

THE END

Stay tuned for EXTRAS and Alternate ending COMING UP! Thanks for reading.