The United States of America Vs Bogus Doctor Charles Cawv Thao!

slee00

sarNie Adult
http://images.bimedia.net/documents/thao_indictment.pdf

Kentwood supplement firm, owner indicted
by By Chris Knape | The Grand Rapids Press Friday February 29, 2008, 1:47 PM
GRAND RAPIDS -- A federal grand jury has indicted a former West Michigan man and his Kentwood-based company, alleging he was part of an illegal ring that sold nutritional supplements over the Internet by making bogus claims about their ability to treat diseases.

Tony Pham, 40, and his company, Techmedica Health Inc., are charged with multiple felony counts that could result in prison time and millions of dollars in fines and seizures.

Pham and Techmedica were among eight charged in the indictment released Thursday from a U.S. District Court in Missouri. The indictment said Techmedica sold nearly $12 million worth of unapproved drugs between February 2005 and September 2006.

The Kentwood office of the company's distributor, True Value Media, 3854 Broadmoor Ave. SE, was visited by Food and Drug Administration officials Thursday. A True Value employee named Vicky, declined to give her last name to a Press reporter or provide a company executive to be interviewed. She also said True Value and Techmedica are different companies with separate ownership, but declined to elaborate.

Techmedica's name appears on a mailbox outside the True Value office in Airport Industrial Park.

True Value is the distributor for at least some of Pham's companies, which marketed products under names like Glucolex, Diabeticine, Cholestasys, Diamaxol and others with claims that the products had high success rates in treating diabetes, high cholesterol, gout, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome and high blood pressure.

At least some products were the same pills repackaged under different names to treat different conditions, according to the indictment.

The government case said no clinical testing had been performed to substantiate those claims, making the dietary supplements unapproved and misbranded drugs. FDA regulations prohibit advertising medical benefits of drugs without such testing.

Also charged are Charles C. Thao, his wife, Mai Lor; Tong B. Vang, Shua G. Vang, Nutrapha Research LLC and Bio Nutrasource LLC.

Thao, Lor and Shua Vang owned or worked at companies known as Medicynex and Nutrapha Research in Springfield, Mo., that supplied Pham's Techmedica with the products, according to the indictment. Pham allegedly packaged and resold the products via Techmedica's Web site and several other sites.

The FDA began warning Techmedica about violations of federal drug law in August 2005, but nothing changed, according to the indictment.

Techmedica's Web site featured Charles Thao as a board certified naturopathic physician and chief cellular researcher for Techmedica. The indictment said Thao's credentials were bogus.

In May 2006, FDA performed an on-site inspection of Techmedica's Grand Rapids operations, at which point Pham said he would comply with the FDA's regulations.

Shortly after that, the FDA found Techmedica had begun offering "sanitized" versions of its Web sites, removing claims about its supposed medications when the pages were accessed from FDA computers, the indictment said.

Computers outside of the FDA's network were fed a site that continued to offer the misleading claims, the indictment said.

The FDA also linked several other sites to Pham and Techmedica, including faithmeds.com, livingremedies.com and micronutra.com, which it alleged were designed to direct traffic to Techmedica.

slee00

sarNie Adult
I want to comment on this Bogus Hmong Doctor Charles Cawv Thao guy and I want to do it here for my friends to read.

When I evaluated him I came to a few conclusions. He is a crook, a mastermind, he is sick mentally. He's got serious obssess for becoming successful without the hard work and will not care who's life he ruins to get ahead. He's so full of lies. For those of you who are related to this guy and still have great support for him, please don't take this personally. this is after all is a forum. This is the reasons for the statements above.

First of all, he is no doctor. All of this started here in Oklahoma, where there were on 10 Hmong families residing here. And those few Hmong families were very traditional families with great names and values. Hard working people with very little education. These parents work hard and dreamt someday they will send their kids to college and become someone greater than who they are now. They continue to work hard in the labor industries days and nights. Here was a young cunning man with dreams of his own. Dreams of becoming very successful, dreams of a good marriage, dreams of being the smartest kids in school, dreams of being a leader, dreams of becoming a millionair someday! For reasons unknown, his dreams and fantasies may have began to plan seed in him in ways that he must have felt he needs to make them real. But instead of going after those dreams the right and only way....go to school for it...he began to live them. He told everyone how smart he was....( and he is pretty smart too!) He helped lead the church, playing music, and sing in church. everyone loved him. He was a youth leader to many young people. Then he took his fantasies a step further...He once distribute newspaper clips of himself to the Hmong community, claiming he when he was in 3rd or 4th grade, he was #1 in his class and that the President of the United States of America personally FLEW down to shake hands with him...Honor him with great certifications! Shown them his bogus certificates too! He got the Hmong people eating out in his hands! He then began courting the parents of his ex- wife....This took him to the next level...his lies of being a doctor began here. He started wearing a pager ( Not everyone has pager back then), paged himself, He wore the doctor coat around the house with the heartbeat listening thing around his neck! When elder Hmong folks asked, he said his office was around the corner. and ye when they called a few numbers he gave out, no one there. He said he was busy in surgery! ( He lived with his elderly dad who received SSI and who lived in an Apartment in the poorest part of town! He later went further and distributed fliers in CA, MN New years claiming to be a general surgeon!, DR Charles C Thao, General Surgeon, board of US medical!

Just recently, he claimed he could cure people with cancers! But before he could perform he requested $5000 upfront, So a cancer patient who was so lost in hope, ask him to cure her...he went down to Texas, took her money, listened to her heart and gave her tylenol. She dies 3 days later. He then soon screwed his father in-law out of their retirements, house, and money and moved to MO. Leaving his father in-law penniless. A few years later, I heard he has done well for himself and his new wife. Heard they have a big house, maids, hummers, lands, etc.

I don't care about him. I do care about the Hmong reputation. I care about the people he hurt. I am fully support education and success in life and so when someone like him claimed to be a doctor, acted like one, pretend to be one, used the title that he is not, I dont feel sorry for what he is getting now. Is this story get you mad too? Imagine, you work hard to pay for school, study like crazy, took all your prescious time ( I mean 4-8 years) to become someone, and this joker pretend to be general surgeon! Life is never easy but life is worth it when you live it the right way!

He messed with the federal laws! This is the United States! From White House to Jail!

mly

sarNie Hatchling
lol...He's my MIL's Dr. Cawv. She's always talking about him. Dr. Cawv this and Dr. Cawv that. This has nothing to do with the Hmong, a man's wrong doing is his own fault, not his people. Hopefully, he gets what he deserve if proven guilty,

hlubkoj

sarNie Egg
wow
this guy is useless to hmong people............what a dck
instead of making hmong ppl going to the next lv, he is making the hmong ppl lose face.
that the things i hated about hmong ppl
they think they are all this and that...........example yea my Son is Doctor and yea he is top student in high school.............
it all about how u started and how u ended it..........
this guy really suck,did this guy even got his doctor degree or he just wanted to be 1 ..........

this guy sure have a nice goal...........but cannot believes he f it up..................

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
lol...He's my MIL's Dr. Cawv. She's always talking about him. Dr. Cawv this and Dr. Cawv that. This has nothing to do with the Hmong, a man's wrong doing is his own fault, not his people. Hopefully, he gets what he deserve if proven guilty,
I couldn't agree more. One man shouldn't make the rest of us look bad.

:( :( This breaks my heart.