Tradition of lao

noungning

Heartless
If you go to Laos P.D.R and did not go to "Moor Ladork Lork", then you did not visit Laos P.D.R haha...and if you go to Viengchan (Vientaine) and did not see the "Veritcal Run Way" and "Wat Pha That Luang" then you did not go to Viengchan haha...
Old slogan in SE Asia..."Vietnamese grow rice, Cambodians watch rice, and the Lao(tians) listen to rice"...
yeah my 5 day stop wasn't quite long enough to go and i went during rain season so it was advise to not travel on the muddy paths or i can be in danger... :ph34r:

i did stay in vientaine, but didn't get to go in the temple because of some kiddie frustration and their parent. but will likely try my best to explore more when i'm not traveling with unexploring people.

donna - i think it's because of the age difference that's why you don't call your aunt sao, i think it's normal.

as for not calling your siblings euy/ai - i think it's typical of a person who's grown up in the western society to just refer to someone by their name only.

Karen

Donghae and Siwon
Karen is Laos, right blackie? haha showing her some sister love here!

as for the eating after your parents, that all depends cuz for me, i eat before my parents. its cuz i eat and run, gotta go home to rest!

paternal grandparents - ya and poo
maternal grandparents - mae tao paw tao

i call anyone who looks older than my mom pah and loong
any old looking person mae thu or paw thu

older sis/bro - uey ai

i feel weird call my sister/bro uey/ai. i usually call them by their nicknames. when i talk about them to someone else, then i call them that

i don't say doi after i talk, only when i speak to someone older that i don't know

when i speak to my mom/grannie i say hao not koi when i refer to myself

i don't know if this happens in other ppls families but i don't call my auntie sao. we call her by her first name but when we introduce her to someone that we know, then we give her her props. it feels weird to call her sao when she not that much older than me and my older sisters.

when there are guests at the house, we take our food then go sit on the saat to eat. we let them eat at the table or sit on a chair
Not to sound mean or anything! But i'm LAOS!! NOT HMONG! Repeat! I'M LAOS!!!Don't mistake me for another Karen!

champthong

sarNie Hatchling
Not to sound mean or anything! But i'm LAOS!! NOT HMONG! Repeat! I'M LAOS!!!Don't mistake me for another Karen!
Wait your LAOS? How could that be? :tease: Isn't LAOS a country? How could a Lao person claimed to be who they are when they can't even get their own nationality correct? haha

Karen

Donghae and Siwon
shut up Donna!!

Champ:

Ok my bad! I should of put LAOTIAN instead of Laos! hehe!! Some people are mistaken me as a HMONG person!

noungning

Heartless
i think they are referring to Karen people, people who lives in the tribe, i don't think they were referring to Karen as a name of a person. But I can be wrong :unsure:

chonny

sarNie Egg
Ok my bad! I should of put LAOTIAN instead of Laos! hehe!! Some people are mistaken me as a HMONG person!
Dum,
Not to be mean or anything, but do you look like Hmong or Meo then because if people keep mistaken you as a Hmong or Meo person.

Karen

Donghae and Siwon
Dum,
Not to be mean or anything, but do you look like Hmong or Meo then because if people keep mistaken you as a Hmong or Meo person.

hey you can't call me dum!! hehe! u dont' know me like that!! hehe!! just playing!! ignore my sister Donna!! No i do not look like hmong! i'm to dark to look like a Hmong person. Someone has the same name as me and thought i was hmong but i was just telling them that i'm not hmong