Txhais Lus

mly

sarNie Hatchling
Txhais Lus use to be my favorite Hmong dubb team. Are they still around? I haven't heard or seen any of their dubb movies since I moved here. Where I live, Hmong store don't carry new dubb movies. They only sell old movies for the price it was back when it came out, or it'll be 2-3 dollars off. Sometimes they sell Hmong made movies, but I'm not really into Hmong movies.

danger

sarNie Hatchling
I believe they stop back in 02 or 03 because I remember my mom buying a movie from them and they stated that that the movie that my mom was going to buy was going to be their last one. Ever since then, I've never seen any movies dub by them anymore. Now, they're just selling the old ones only.

mly

sarNie Hatchling
I have never heard of them
They dubb alot of good movies back then. The Last Hero From China (Wong Fei Hung) "Hurt my heart, my lung too."
Kuv Hlub koj (india movie), Jet Li in the Master, and so on.

ruk_sornram4ever

sarNie Juvenile
I know for sure they are still selling movies but I don't know if they are still dubbing movies. I see them at the tournaments all the time. They were at the last Milwaukee event.

mly

sarNie Hatchling
I believe they stop back in 02 or 03 because I remember my mom buying a movie from them and they stated that that the movie that my mom was going to buy was going to be their last one. Ever since then, I've never seen any movies dub by them anymore. Now, they're just selling the old ones only.
Thanks, we moved to NC in 1996, so I just haven't seen any of their last ones then. There are so many dubbing team out there that it's so unreal. There are those who does it to make money and careless if the dubbing turn out good or bad. Not to hate, but I never liked Hmong Production (with a hmong hat as their symbol) or something like that. They were from MN or WS. Every movie they dubbed, made me hate the movie. I stop watching hmong dubb because I rather get the original with english dubb.

neena

sarNie Adult
they were THE BEST Hmong dubbing team!! I probably seen half of the movies they dubbed. They're good...and I do miss them dubbing. They're great! When I re-watch they're dubbed movies they bring good memories...and I would rather watch them dubbed the movies then actually watch the original version. :lol:

broasisken

sarNie Egg
I've wanted to get some of their dubbed movies for the longest time too. The last time I saw them around was back in 2001 when I was in the Twin Cities for the July 4th tourney. I really wanted to get some of their dubbed movies, in particular: "The flirtitious scholar" aka "Tong pak fu" with Stephen Chow and Gong Li. I loved the dubbed version so much better than the original Canto version. I loved the paj huam renditions :D...or when they break out into a random song out of nowhere...haha...

"Kuv nyiam noj kooj tis qaib kawg li...
Tabsis, koj niam twb tais koj twb yuag tuag lawm mag!
Yog vim li ntawd ntag nws thiaj noj ua ntej nws yuag tuag, yog nws tsis noj tsuag tsuag, nws yauv tsis mus os!
Puas yog koj twb yuav tuag?
Kuv yuav yeej yuav tuag, yog kuv tsis noj tsuag tsuag, cev kuv yuav tsis mus li os!"

Something like that, I forgot exactly what they were saying :D.

candi

sarNie Juvenile
They stopped a couple of years ago. My brother-in-law used to dubb movie with them too. I love that movie "ntxhais txiaj...mim.." Something like that..

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
I've wanted to get some of their dubbed movies for the longest time too. The last time I saw them around was back in 2001 when I was in the Twin Cities for the July 4th tourney. I really wanted to get some of their dubbed movies, in particular: "The flirtitious scholar" aka "Tong pak fu" with Stephen Chow and Gong Li. I loved the dubbed version so much better than the original Canto version. I loved the paj huam renditions :D...or when they break out into a random song out of nowhere...haha...

Yog vim li ntawd ntag nws thiaj noj ua ntej nws yuag tuag, yog nws tsis noj tsuag tsuag, nws yauv tsis mus os!
Kuv yuav yeej yuav tuag, yog kuv tsis noj tsuag tsuag, cev kuv yuav tsis mus li os!"

haha...

My favorite has to be...

"Saum lub roob muaj ib pab os..." haha...and the part where his friend painted "yaj yuam 5 puas xyoo."

mly

sarNie Hatchling

:lol: I always sing it to my hubby. He just laugh and calls me crazy. I like that movie too. One other one that I like was Phem Swb Zoo "The Last Hero in China" with Jet Li.

broasisken

sarNie Egg
haha...

My favorite has to be...

"Saum lub roob muaj ib pab os..." haha...and the part where his friend painted "yaj yuam 5 puas xyoo."

Ah!!! I forgot how the rest of that goes!!!

"Saum lub roob muaj ib pab os....

....all I remember is the last part....

...thaum rau npo mam mus nteev maum..."

I can go on and on about this movie and quote stuff ahaha....I want the movie :(.

I always sing it to my hubby. He just laugh and calls me crazy. I like that movie too. One other one that I like was Phem Swb Zoo "The Last Hero in China" with Jet Li.
Ah...Phem swb zoo, I like that one too. I bought it one year at Sacramento new year? A few years back, but it's now lost and all I have is the empty plaub ><.

Hmmm...some that I enjoyed were:

Soj Lim koom siab
Soj Lim thiab Vwm Ntoos
Tub ntsuj Wing Chun (one of my faves! I want this one too ><.)

mly

sarNie Hatchling
This past weekend, Ntuj Fwm Koob has come to our NY to sell medicines and his older movies. I didn't get a chance to ask him if they were still dubbing. But he looks so different. Right now, he's devoting his life or career into selling herbal medicines to the Hmong. As I heard him on the radio, he's been going to the Hmong NYs telling ppl he is a Hmong doctor and is selling those medicines to help the community.

cecilia

Staff member
^Hmm, interesting, i always thought theyr'e the best too ..all those poem are hilarious .. especially stephan fung's movies. anyway, they use to be call TXHAI LUS and then change their name to TIME .. after a few years, they stop, don't know the reason, but i still see they sell mvdo here and there .. as for being hmong doctor? .. that's intersting .. regardless, i like them back in the days.

i think this is how the poem go

"sawm roob muaj ib pab os
sib nraws nrog mus rau duab des
mus chaws ntes los tua cij noj
thaum rau npo mam mus nteev maum"

maiv

sarNie Hatchling
i grew up watching Txhais Lus movies...and the Flirting Scholar is still one of my favorite movies...i think the poem about the ducks went:

Nyob saum roob muaj ib pab os...
Sib raws npos los mus nruab dej...
Mus khaws ntses coj los ci noj...
Thaum ntsau npho mam mus deev maum...

their dubbed Indian movies we're pretty good too...Kuv Hlub Koj...where they dubbed over the song...

since moving to wisconsin in 98 i haven't really seen any of the movies from them but i do see them at the tournaments selling old movies like everyone too.

if u are looking for some old bollywood videos dubbed by P&P...Me Nyuam Yog Niam Nplooj Siab, Daim Ntawv Phem, Tiam Ntawv Phem...and some other ones are being sold at tournaments in DVD format

mly

sarNie Hatchling
^Hmm, interesting, i always thought theyr'e the best too ..all those poem are hilarious .. especially stephan fung's movies. anyway, they use to be call TXHAI LUS and then change their name to TIME .. after a few years, they stop, don't know the reason, but i still see they sell mvdo here and there .. as for being hmong doctor? .. that's intersting .. regardless, i like them back in the days.

i think this is how the poem go

"sawm roob muaj ib pab os
sib nraws nrog mus rau duab des
mus chaws ntes los tua cij noj
thaum rau npo mam mus nteev maum"
I'm not sure if they changed it to TIME, because Ntuj Fwm Koob, the owner of Txhais Lus keeps refering to him as the main voice of Txhais Lus. At his booth, he had "TXHAIS LUS" on his banner.

"Nyob saum roob muaj ib pab os
sib raws los mus rau nruab deg
mus raws ntes los tuaj ci noj
thaum tsau npo mam mus deev maum" (without cheating)

In the movie:
"Saum roob muaj ib pab os
Sib tsaws tsos nqis rau nruab deg
Mus raws ntes los tuaj ci noj
Thaum tsau npo mam mus deev maum."

I had to look it up because everyone keeps quoting it.