Umrao Jaan (2006)

icemaiden

sarNie Egg
Saw the movie today at the NAZ 8 theater.

Pros: Aish did a great job portraying her character, the costumes and sets were so colorful and pretty, some of the songs are very beautiful in a classic old school kind of way

Cons: I thought the movie was waaaay tooo long! there were like 6 or 7 songs in the whole movie! the first part of the movie drag on and on!

rating: 6/10

NKAUJHMOOB

sarNie Egg
YEAH...I BOUGHT THIS MOVIE AT THE FLEA MARKET LAST WEEKEND AND I THINK IT'S OK, BUT TOO LONG. I'M ALWAYS A FAN OF ASH. I LIKE HER MOVIES ALOT BUT IT DEPENDS ON HOW THE MOVIE ALL GOES.

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
i absouluely loved this movie!!! ithought it was wayyyy long too...haha...but it's such a sad movie....very much like a GEISHA movie.....but it's soooo full of love and stuff like that.....as always, AISH did a WONDERFUL job.......

cecilia

Staff member
so i watched it a few days ago..aish did a wonderful job..her features are so gorgeous..HAHAH..and of course..Ahbishek..this man look so hot in here..i love that look on him..make him look so sexy and powerful at the same time..but omg..her life is TOO SAD..i feel so bad for her..everything that she run too..seem to give her bad luck..her only crime is the mistake of being born as a girl just like the song in the beginning..the love of her life..how could he just trash her like that without asking for justify..how could he..she bare so much pain just so she can be with him..but yet when she got closer to him..he just brush her away..and that faiza guy *sunil's character*..what the hey, for a moment i thought he was a decent guy..i thought that if he truly love her like he seem to be..he shouldn't hurt her..she told him already that she have someone else..if she's a corpse..he wont' take it..but why let her be a corpse..her crime toward him..a mistake for being a courtesan by force..i'm so mad that the the whole 3 hours have no happy ending..my only wish is for her to have sir sultan learn the truth and regret the decision to marry that girl of his uncle..i'm so mad at the ending..but aish..omg..this girl can just cry like crazy..her red teary eyes..her hunger for love is just too much to hold on..no wonder she keep her lamp light up most of the time..in the dark..she'll vanish..as if she didn't even exist..ppl sure hate her for no reason..i just hate the ending..it end too abruptly..:(

neena

sarNie Adult
this movie sucked....PERIOD. the storyline was crap and the music sucked...i'm picky when it comes to bollywood movies...not so good song choices=not much interested in it. ash DID not look the best in this one but her outfits were very nice...thats the only thing i liked.

i bought this too...a waste, really. :angry:

cecilia

Staff member
^really, i enjoyed the movie..infact..i still watch it from time to time..just dont' watch the ending..i only watch the beginning when they begin
their love story..plus the song is just beautiful..i know i'm picky when come to bollywood film too..but i thought the playback singer was just
great..i love all the song..especially pehle..phele..your first time..my first time..the way she sing it..just beautiful..i bought the two disc special
and i didn't think it was a waste..it's a pity that the ending suck thats' all..

mokka

sarNie Adult
This movie was alright...
it took me awhile to finish it, but yeah...
I was kind of upset about ending...I thought that they were gonna get together, only to find out that they weren't gonna get together...

I felt really bad for her... its like at the end, everyone turned their back on her....

max

sarNie Elites
I recently watched this movie. It was so long, but not that good. The best thing about this movie was the way that they dressed and the dancing parts... Other than that, I did not like it. There was no "real love".