University of Wisconsin - Madison

maiv

sarNie Hatchling
Have you heard about the Hmong Conference that is taking place at the University of Wisconsin - Madison on March 31st-April 1st, 2006?? Want to meet new people and listen to great speakers??

If so, check out: http://hasa.rso.wisc.edu/ and sign up today! Everyone is welcome to come. Hope to see you all there!

maiv

sarNie Hatchling
Check out the website and click on the "conference" button to find out more about it. The theme for the conference is "Traditionally Contemporary"

maiv

sarNie Hatchling
for those of you who came to the conference, THANKS FOR COMING!! Hope you enjoyed it. I thought the speakers were great! Plus, got a free poster of Yia "the bull" Mua and Mai-Mai.

maiv

sarNie Hatchling
did you go to the banquet? i was one of the ushers...the head person made it difficult so we ended up doing our own thing and letting everyone in.

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
I feel bad - I didn't go... but then I had other priorities that had to be taken care of first...
how was it?

kying89

sarNie Hatchling
actually, i didn't go to the banguet..i was planning to but since i didn't know anyone i thou it was better to stay home...what workshops did you go to?
i went to the pakou hang lecture, fire performance, and the tragic mountain book lecture, then lastly to the mai-mai..
i was the girl with like 4 other guys..they're my bro...

the conference was fun!!~and interesting..i learnt a lot it...i esp. liked the fire performance..it really touch me and i was going to burst crying because i have connections to it and it was so deep...but you know i didn't b/c ppl were there too...lol
i'm looking for another conference soon!!~

maiv

sarNie Hatchling
it would be wonderful if we could hold a hmong conference every year, but it's so expensive!! i wasn't able to make it to the first day because i had to work, but second day was great. i went to the fresno school district, yia "the bull" mua, and the ffc workshops. missed one so i hung out at the book selling table and the check-in counter. i know pakou hang from a couple of years back when we took hmong class together. she's so great! i've never gone to hnd before but she said our conference was so much better.