UNLOCKING PHONES

NiTha

sarNie Adult
I don't know if this goes here but it can be removed or placed in an apporpriate place. Anyways i have this phone that is locked to Cincinnati Bell Wireless. It is a Nokia 6682 and i need to unlock it because i have at&t. Any ideas how to do so or who i can find that can help me. I found other forums but yet to ask them.

Thanks.

noungning

Heartless
yeah i think ur best bet is to google for this lol... i have no clue but maybe someone will, this is the right section by the way ;)

ijohn

sarNie Adult
try this: http://www.lur.nu/unlock/nokia_eng.php or this: http://www.unlock.nokiafree.org/

ps. i just unlocked 3 nokias (2ea 3220B's and 1ea 3595) using this unlock code generator!!!

pss. oh' remember you only have 5 tries then it permanently locks the phone and then it takes a pro to do it!!!

update:
sorry checked into it and that model phone is a BB.5 type phone and can only be unlocked by the provider or at an exspece by a cell phone repair center equiped with the hardware capable of doing so!!! :(

NiTha

sarNie Adult
From where i live i have no idea where to find a cell phone repair place. I live in the central valley of cali. I would have to go to the bay or something...eeek!

Thanks guys!

sirena

sarNie Adult
wat does it mean to unlock phone and stuff??

im sorry im just very slow with these thing =_="

NiTha

sarNie Adult
Having an unlocked phone means you can use it that phone with any carrier. Like if your wireless carrier is At&t and purchased a phone from them, you can only use their sim card. You can't insert any sim card into At&t phones. You usually know when a phone is locked when it has the wireless brand on the phone.

AN update: I found someone in the Central Valley to do it but they can't because my phone was locked to a carrier that wasn't on their list of carriers that they could unlock. :(

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
I think you could call the place you got the phone and have them give you a code to unlock it. I know t-mobile will do it for you for free. :)

NiTha

sarNie Adult
An update: I unlocked my phone!!!

So if you have any questions relating on how to unlock Nokia's BB5 phones using DEJAN's BB5 unlocker software. Ask away. I'll try my best to help.
To find ths software, just google BB5 Unlocker.

List of Nokia's Base Band 5 phones:

Nokia 3250
Nokia 5500
Nokia 6125
Nokia 6126
Nokia 6131
Nokia 6136
Nokia 6233
Nokia 6234
Nokia 6270
Nokia 6280
Nokia 6630