veggie ppl?

dfemc

sarNie Adult
any vegetarians or vegans or pescanarians in the house? what do u consume within the southeast asian diet? got any suggestions on surviving as a vegetarian as a southeast asian?

share share...ur recipes, food courses, diet plans, nutrition secrets... :wub:

Linn

SarNworld Wonderer
I'm not a vegetarian..thu I want to but all my family isn't...so I go w/ da flow

I know someone who is...she survive on

Tofu
Beans/Nuts
Mushroom
Varieties of fruits and vegetables

if u want n can, fishes and eggs are good sources of protein too

fjs90630

sarNie Egg
firm tofu (smash and pan-fried to get rid of water)
lime of lemon juice
fish sauce
sugar
red onion
dried chilli (crashed)

mix lime/lemon juice and fish sauce (1:1) and little bit of sugar and dried chilli together, then tofu. Mix well and follow by red onion. That's it, isn't easy? You can eat with fresh vegetable. Enjoy!!

I'm not a vegetarian but I'm too lazy to cook meat. Tofu is easy to cook, so that's why I prefer tofu instead of meat. A lot of ppl told me not to completely skip red meat. Fish is a good sauce and also egg (just like what Linn said). Boiled egg is always good.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
yeah...i primarily live off of tofu. but i love that recipe above that u gave.

here's a few of recent ones:

//. deepfry beancurd (softfirm tofu) and sprinkly it with salt and chili; then dip it in hot siracha sauce --> this is purfect with papaya salad

//. protein shake: softfirm tofu, banana, oranges, some soymilk, a bit of sugar, cinammon all tossed in a blender. and blend away. add some water and ice.

//. warm soybean drinks

//. fish and mushroom soup

//. sweet and sour tofu soup: with tamarind and chinese mushrooms

//. tofu spring rolls

i've been collecting recipes. :)