vobsub

arun

sarNie Egg
Could some one please explain how to use the program to view sub?

i got this info...... but i still don't get it.

What does this mean?

Place sub file in the same directory as the video file. Make sure that they have the same filename.

what is submux and subresync?

What are softsubs?
Soft subs are subtitles that are distributed SEPARATE from the video file. They come as a text file, using extensions like .SUB, .SRT, etc. The reason for the different extensions is that there are different formats used for soft subs.

The purpose of soft subs is so that a single video file (referred to as the RAW file) can be distributed all over the world. Then the viewer can pick & choose which language he would like to view the subtitles in.

They're called soft subs because the other type are hard subs. Hard subs are subtitles that are rendered into the video itself. Some examples of files with hardsubs are encodes by Jem. Most fansubbing groups also choose to hardsub their works as well.

I have a subtitle file (softsub), how do I play it with my video?

1. Download and install VobSub. (Note: It is not necessary to do anything other than double-click the .exe file and to let it install. You don't need to manually load vobsub each time you want to view soft subs.)

2. Place sub file in the same directory as the video file. Make sure that they have the same filename.
WRONG
Koukou_Kyoushi_ep02.avi
Koukou Kyoushi ep02.smi
-----Your player cannot find Eng sub because of the file name.

CORRECT
Koukou_Kyoushi_ep02.avi
Koukou_Kyoushi_ep02.smi
-----Your player can find Eng sub automatically.

3. Play video and subs should be overlayed automatically.

credit to iceberri

arun

sarNie Egg
Darvil said:
Arun

Just do this.

Download BSplayer and use it to play the video file.  Keep it simple.  All that explanation is overkill for most people.

Here is BSplayer download  http://www.bsplayer.org/index.php?p=downlo...247842cdd0bd9f6
[post="56437"][/post]​
Thank you DARVIL for your assistance :loool: :loool: :loool:

But i'm still confuse, how will BS player allow to view the video and sub at the same time?

I could load the sub, but where do i get the video to load the sub on?
Don't i need to use vobsub.

Thank you so so so so so much for clarifying this.

darvil

sarNie Adult
arun said:
Thank you DARVIL for your assistance :loool: :loool: :loool:

But i'm still confuse, how will BS player allow to view the video and sub at the same time?

I could load the sub, but where do i get the video to load the sub on?
Don't i need to use vobsub.
Thank you so so so so so much for clarifying this.
[post="56683"][/post]​
all you have to do is to name the video and the sub file the same style like "whatever.avi" and "whatever.srt"

Just put them in the same folder and then play the video file with BSplayer.

BSplayer has a native support for subtitle. It will automatically play the sub. If not you can right right click on the video screen and look for the subtitle function.

Vobsub just allows you to play sub on ANY video player but you know its not worth the trouble. Just play everything with bsplayer.

darvil

sarNie Adult
arun said:
DOES BSplayer plays rmvb files?

I understand it now. Thanks for the tutorial
[post="57039"][/post]​
no rmvb is a real media format and it sucks. LOL

You can play subtitles with it but you will have to put some efforts into it.

Let me guess those files are chinese series?