!!!VOTE!!!

kalaya

sarNie Egg
Should we, hmong people, vote for a new general or someone new who can lead us instead of General Vang Pao?

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
Yes, there show be a vote....

aychenneres Posted Today, 05:57 PM
asssuming the hmong people even have such a thing as voting?
Why not... Hmong people and community have proven to the world of it's people are capable of ..... A vote in the Hmong community is no difference and could be done....

Mae

sarNie Adult
Why should we? Seriously, I just don't understand why people hate General Vang Pao so much.....

kalaya

sarNie Egg
Mae said:
Why should we? Seriously, I just don't understand why people hate General Vang Pao so much.....
[post="30142"][/post]​
Actually, we don't hate him, we just think what it'll be like if we have a new General or someone new to lead us.

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
yeah me too because General Vang Pao isn't doing a very good job of leading his people i mean look at all the poor people back in thailand and laos and are alwayse depending on their family in the us cus they think that we are rich just cus we live in the us but that is not true at all if they were here they would know its not that easy

moonfaerrie

sarNie Hatchling
I don't know. No comment. I have no opinions about General Vang Pao. So many people talked about him collecting money from the Hmong families to help but just used it himself. So many people have their own opinions about him. But I don't know anything about him, so I refrain from commenting. Also, I don't know about voting for a new leader. i don't know anyone high up there. I'm pretty much cluesless when it coems to politics. Also, not many people knows how anyone is really like, all you hear is words. what if you choose someone you thought will be better for you but others don't like it. just like general vang pao. there's going to be alot of issues. But yeah, since he's getting old, there should at least be something about a new leader. not that i mean anything about him getting older.

jekki2chipo

sarNie Hatchling
Quick History Lesson

Hmong people don't have a leader, they only have elders who are appointed instead. therefore a vote would not help.
General Vang Pao is just a solider who most Hmongs look up too, but right now alot of people aren't trusting him much either, only those who are loyal to him. He is not the leader of the Hmong, so many people talk about how is helped the hmongs in vietnam war and all, he's the reason why we're all here aren't we.

vote or no vote, it doesn't really matter anymore to most hmong people, only the older generation, which is slowly dying out, so give it about another 20 years and people are gonna saw <Hmong who or General Vang Who?

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
Pepper_UHT said:
i agreee.....
[post="30465"][/post]​
If we don't find a new one, then who's gonna take his place after he's gone? One of his sons who has done nothing for the Hmong????

Chai Tea Vang

sarNie Egg
I don't really know him that much either.
But have you guys read that book "The Spirit Cathes You and you Fall Down"
It's a really good book and has a lot of hmong history in there as well.
Well in the book, they said that he forced a lot of hmong men to fight in the war and if they refused he would kill them or something like that. So some people who were richer paid other men to take their place.
I guess he's just a person, that SOME people look up to and isn't really a political representation of anythin, i think, so it won't matter much. And it's not like we live in a soverign country or have anything along that line.

cecilia

Staff member
i dont know..as in now..i think we shouldn't..cuz if you think about it..if general vang pao didn't come here..and push and pull the us govt ..then there wouldn't be that many of us here..so we should be thankful to that..

voting or no voting..maybe years from now..and beside..we got the US goverment to lead us..why should we vote someone to replace the current one..and beside..general vang pao have such loyal supporter..most of the elder family that i know..worship general vang pao...and i think it's okay to do that..for i know if not for general vang pao..

we're probably still in Thailand..be one of those ppl that experience alot of torture oversea now..i'm not saying that it's great to not be one of them..but i do know that they did tried and still trying to do all they can to bring more sufering ppl over here..it's actually those ppl that didnt' want to come to begin with..that's why they're stuck over there..so on this..we shouldn't blame..it's both side fault..

but overal..no..we shouldn't vote..what's the point of it..just cuz we cant' stand out idol who our parents look up to..and so we have to vote..

we got the goverment...and we're citizen of the states..why let such little thing like this bother..beside..no point..even if we vote for a new one..i'm pretty sure..thing would still be the same..cuz we gotta to reember..this is a FREE COUNTRY..ppl do what they want..THE US GOVERMENT IS WHAT WE NEED..so why waste time voting...

but with the issue of voting for new one..what's there to gain?..

(note:..i hate correcting my typo..so bare with it.. :loool: )

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
Sorry this might soon like I'm against the Hmong but it's my opinion...

we got the goverment...and we're citizen of the states..why let such little thing like this bother..beside..no point..even if we vote for a new one..i'm pretty sure..thing would still be the same..cuz we gotta to reember..this is a FREE COUNTRY..ppl do what they want..THE US GOVERMENT IS WHAT WE NEED..so why waste time voting...

Yes, it's true that Hmong got a government but not their own... If Hmong weren't worry then why worried when communist came into Lao... There are always a change to change.... It's a free country but it is really a Hmong country.. Not always... To back up the Hmong people when they could get their hands on the country US promise them with...Lao... It's not a waste of time to vote for your future....

A country...

Yes there might not be written fact that the US government say that... But elder know from both side Hmong and Laotian that the Hmong will gain a country....if the communist was over thrown...

aychenneres

sarNie Hatchling
cecilia said:
voting or no voting..maybe years from now..and beside..we got the US goverment to lead us..why should we vote someone to replace the current one..and beside..general vang pao have such loyal supporter..most of the elder family that i know..worship general vang pao...and i think it's okay to do that..for i know if not for general vang pao..

(note:..i hate correcting my typo..so bare with it.. :loool: )
[post="31819"][/post]​
i have to disagree here. just because we live in the united states doesn't mean we can rely on the u.s. government to treat us right. if we don't have someone representing us, no one's going to listen. you think the civil rights movement would have worked if martin luther king, jr. didn't lead them (or any leader for that matter)? someone had to organize everyone/thing or else it would just look like random acts instead of a unified whole. i for one wouldn't put my trust and faith into the united states government. they can't even help themselves. why would they bother with a bunch of refugees who seem to be bleeding their treasury dry with their need for public assistance?

note: i'm not attacking you personally; i'm just disagreeing.

aychenneres

sarNie Hatchling
vilasaeng said:
To back up the Hmong people when they could get their hands on the country US promise them with...Lao... It's not a waste of time to vote for your future....

A country...

Yes there might not be written fact that the US government say that... But elder know from both side Hmong and Laotian that the Hmong will gain a country....if the communist was over thrown...
[post="31888"][/post]​
i don't agree with taking over another country just to give ourselves a country. that goes back to imperialism, and that's just not a future i'd invest in.

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
^i know! im pretty sure imperialism isn't the way the world is headed :lmao:

aychenneres said:
i have to disagree here. just because we live in the united states doesn't mean we can rely on the u.s. government to treat us right. if we don't have someone representing us, no one's going to listen. you think the civil rights movement would have worked if martin luther king, jr. didn't lead them (or any leader for that matter)? someone had to organize everyone/thing or else it would just look like random acts instead of a unified whole. i for one wouldn't put my trust and faith into the united states government. they can't even help themselves. why would they bother with a bunch of refugees who seem to be bleeding their treasury dry with their need for public assistance?

note: i'm not attacking you personally; i'm just disagreeing.
[post="32113"][/post]​
Yes, true but do you think that GVP is our representative? I don't think he is qualified in this day and age to represent the Hmong people. I know for sure that there are groups down in Washington DC working for the rights of Hmong people. Their purpose to is spread the word out about who the Hmongs are and what they are going through, both the ones here and the ones back in Laos/Thailand. They are there to get support and to spread knowledge because not everyone in the US know what "Hmong" is so you can't count on diplomats understanding your situation. I remember there was this one girl I met from someplace (can't remember where at the moment) but she had never heard of Hmong before. That was the first time that it hit me that the Hmongs have no exposure to the communities outside of the main three states that they widely populate. Therefore, I think that someone like GVP shouldn't be our "leader." These groups are there for a reason and they are the ones that are leading the way for us.

aychenneres

sarNie Hatchling
JaM said:
^i know! im pretty sure imperialism isn't the way the world is headed :lmao:
Yes, true but do you think that GVP is our representative? I don't think he is qualified in this day and age to represent the Hmong people. I know for sure that there are groups down in Washington DC working for the rights of Hmong people. Their purpose to is spread the word out about who the Hmongs are and what they are going through, both the ones here and the ones back in Laos/Thailand. They are there to get support and to spread knowledge because not everyone in the US know what "Hmong" is so you can't count on diplomats understanding your situation. I remember there was this one girl I met from someplace (can't remember where at the moment) but she had never heard of Hmong before. That was the first time that it hit me that the Hmongs have no exposure to the communities outside of the main three states that they widely populate. Therefore, I think that someone like GVP shouldn't be our "leader." These groups are there for a reason and they are the ones that are leading the way for us.
[post="32566"][/post]​
i've always known that hmongs aren't well-known. you can't expect hmongs to be when they don't have a country to identify themselves with.

and to answer your question: no, i don't think general vang pao should be our representative. nowhere did i say he was or should be. i was disagreeing with cecila's comment: "we got the US goverment to lead us..why should we vote someone to replace the current one". i was just saying that hmongs do need a leader to lead them. i never said it had to be general vang pao. call me cynical, but i'm not comforted in knowing that there are people down in DC working for the rights of hmongs. first of all, i have no idea who these people are, and if they know anything about how politics works in america, they would try to get themselves known, especially to the hmong communities to get support from them. the bigger the organization, the more they'll be heard because money talks in american politics.

rainie_vang

sarNie Juvenile
i don't know what to say now...it's all confusing and stupid at the same time... I don't think we need all these...Like general vang pao... he can consider a general but what can he do? i still have an uncle and his whole family (8person) still bac at thailand... I wish he can come to the U.S.