What is the craziest/strangest food you have tasted till now?

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
Ok I had also ate some of the things some of you mentioned above. I don't see anyone mentioned about silkworm pupae.

I liked them when I was young probably because they were fresh but the last time when I ate it again, gosh it tasted awful :yuck: probably because they were not fresh, were frozen before they were cooked. I don't eat them anymore.

I also like to eat shrimp paste, gosh I love it with lime juice :yummy:, its taste & smell lol.

Cr to rightful owners

Prakaidao

sarNie Adult
Or eat it with some chilli with Pho, that's what my parents always do, but I can't stand the smell of shrimp paste.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
OMG...I love shrimp paste. I can eat that with those small baby sour apples, mango, bamboo. All the stuff that's not healthy but so good.

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
LOL. I love shrimp paste also. I'll just it with rice. I've also eaten silkworm too. I like them fresh though because the frozen ones take out the taste.

Prakaidao

sarNie Adult
You're so brave to eat silkworms, I would've died, I just get super creeped out when they move, or just imagine the texture of it.

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Prakaidao said:
You're so brave to eat silkworms, I would've died, I just get super creeped out when they move, or just imagine the texture of it.
It's not that bad. When i eat it, it's not moving anymore. LOL. And the feeling isn't that bad either because it is cooked as a soup dish, so you can't feel it. It'll just be like egg soup with rice or something. LOL :)

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Soup dish? So it's soft not crunchy? I think I can do crunchy but I don't know about soft.

Anyone tried stinky tofu? I tried it once and it made me gagged so bad.

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
I like crunchy silkworm pupae, have not tried them in soup. Somehow these little insect kinds are mostly prepared as crunchy, easy to consume such as crickets, ants & etc.

Oh I heard a lot about stinky tofu, I have not tried them yet. I do want to try them.

Fermented tofu, I think they are better than stinky tofu. Sometimes I eat them when I am on a strict vegetarian diet.