What Is Your Opinion On Dating Other Ethnicity?

143art

sarNie Egg
it fine to date other race. and honestly your parents won't like it, my parents just recently accepted me into dating other nationality. anyways just remember that your parents care for you and are afraid of the changes that is why they don't want you to date other race. just remember that this is a choice you know you want to make. it doesnt have to be the right one but its one you want to make.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
sometimes the main reason why some hmong parents reject the idea of dating someone who isn't hmong is because communication would be hard.. especially for the ones that have poor english.

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
my aunt told me straight out that she'll rather have me date a hmong thug/druggie rather than a nice clean good white man or another race. as long as he is hmong then she is okay with it.
the only problem is i can never meet a nice decent hmong man.
where they all at? please direct my attention to them. hahahahahahhahahaha

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
my aunt told me straight out that she'll rather have me date a hmong thug/druggie rather than a nice clean good white man or another race. as long as he is hmong then she is okay with it.
the only problem is i can never meet a nice decent hmong man.
where they all at? please direct my attention to them. hahahahahahhahahaha
sometimes what the OGs think are not the best things..
i'm not saying that you shouldn't listen to the elders..
but it is your marriage.. not theirs.

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
with what i see everyday now, i'm so convince that there is not a single good hmong man out there.
i have a feeling that my aunt just wants the best for me because of all the shit that i been though thats why its really crucial that i find myself a nice loving hmong guy
but honestly, i cant see myself marrying another race but a hmong guy

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
with what i see everyday now, i'm so convince that there is not a single good hmong man out there.
i have a feeling that my aunt just wants the best for me because of all the shit that i been though thats why its really crucial that i find myself a nice loving hmong guy
but honestly, i cant see myself marrying another race but a hmong guy
but remember this:

good guys do go bad
bad guys MIGHT go good

ahaha

ntxhais

sarNie Hatchling
I'm pretty sure you meant Race as in a different ethnicity but if you look at Race as in a different species like say a chimpanzee or dog or cat this thread would be quite interesting...I mean the Chimp has about 99.5-99.9% of the same genetic information as human...and lets say, as you all have stated in this thread that I love that particular chimp and that chimp loves me than its okay to marry him/her? LOL... that's funny... anyway i'm just going off on a limb here...

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
I'm pretty sure you meant Race as in a different ethnicity but if you look at Race as in a different species like say a chimpanzee or dog or cat this thread would be quite interesting...I mean the Chimp has about 99.5-99.9% of the same genetic information as human...and lets say, as you all have stated in this thread that I love that particular chimp and that chimp loves me than its okay to marry him/her? LOL... that's funny... anyway i'm just going off on a limb here...
who even thinks about "race" like you did.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
who even thinks about "race" like you did.
stranger lol; and to answer the question. I do..when people ask me "what race are you?" I answer "homo sapien" aka "human" then they go ok what nationality are you? "I'm asian" lol .....then they ask "what kind of asian?" I answer "did you mean what ethnicity?" lol ^__^ I don't know why i just like pulling people's chain hahaha

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
stranger lol; and to answer the question. I do..when people ask me "what race are you?" I answer "homo sapien" aka "human" then they go ok what nationality are you? "I'm asian" lol .....then they ask "what kind of asian?" I answer "did you mean what ethnicity?" lol ^__^ I don't know why i just like pulling people's chain hahaha
LOL...okay Race changed to Ethnicity.....

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
hahah im just messing with you girl don't change it :p i was just telling of my little sillyness towards other people lol but when im in a normal mood and not a mischievous mood i answer thailaobodian to race lol

ntxhais

sarNie Hatchling
PHew! For a moment there i thought that there are actually people out there that equivalent Race with ethnicity...but yeah majority of people do apply race as ethnicity...no changing require i still understood it...

ibsim820

sarNie Egg
Love comes in all size and color. Whether you're dating/marrying to a Hmong/non-Hmong guy, I think the most important thing is that you both love and respect each other. Life is too short to dwell on what other people may think of you. We cannot control what other people may think of us but we can control how we want to live our life. Our parents mean well but it's you that will live and sleep with the guy not your parents so you need to choose someone that you can do that with. ;-)

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
oh! no i juz changed it cuz i didn't want all ur writing to go to waste....LOL..that whole homo sapien tingie..LOL...but hey! race is correct to a certain extent..why would they call it "racism" wen it comes to people lashing against another group of people...

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
yeah it doesn't really matter what race you date as long as you like them enough to date them. as for the older generation some might be able to accept that the world around them is not like the one they grew up in where their is only the "same skin" ethnicity. when I started dating out of race. My parent was okay but my grandparent didn't like it at all. They still don't like it but like the old wording say "you could only raise their body but you can't raise their heart"

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
don't start throwing knifes but...I guess the moral and more modernized thing to say is it doesn't matter as long as they love each other...but I grew up in a VERY traditional family and I guess always having my parents tell me it's wrong or whatever, whenever I see a hmong woman with a non-hmong guy or vise versa, for a few seconds I get pulled into the "hmong parents'" mind and think, wow...but then I get out of that state of mind and I think, hell, they're all human beings, that color/race thing doesn't matter, as long as you love them and they love you...
and I myself right now am liking a non-hmong guy...I've liked him for four years now but am still hesitating to tell him cause I, I guess, am still stuck in that mind state of what my parents taught me that is traditionally right or the new western way of thinking...
so I don't know...I guess it's alright...we're all human beings...

annae

sarNie Hatchling
its fine with me... my parents don't like it as much..but my brothers have dated Laos and Korean girls before.