What's your religion?

This thread was inspired by beachboy777 aka Lucien. Lol.
As we all know, he is a huge believer and follower of Christianity.
Now, I'm curious to know everyone else's religion too.

This may shock some of you but I am...atheist.

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
you're what!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's okay, and yes I am in shock.. haha!

Im Jesus freak. Love the Lord with all my heart. Jesus is above all things of course. He is my true love.

But I truly respect other beliefs. If you ever want to talk to me about the Bible, I am willing to take the time and drop everything just to answer the questions. Also, I am a big fan of creation..  

We had a serious discussion regarding the Creator of this Earth once upon a time in the anthropology class that I took a few semesters ago. It went rather well and was full of interesting viewpoints, personal beliefs, and opinions.

I choose to stick with my belief though. I believe that this Earth was created by mother nature and that all religions exist to suppress human violence to create a more peaceful world. By believing in Jesus Christ, Buddha, Gandhi, Allah, or whatever, one must think "good", which relieves anger and/ or violence.

Here's why I am atheist. I am atheist because I believe that if you do good, good will return to you. If you do bad, then it will make you feel uneasy and think unclearly. In addition, if there was a God, then I believe the world will be a much better place to live in, in other words, we will all be living in paradise. There would be no suffering of any kind and crime of any sort.

That's just my viewpoint though! Lol.

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
There no good person on this earth.. no even 1.. why?? because we are a sinner. human nature we tense to sin. 
BS with the big bang theory and mother nature.. If you can explain to me the creation on this earth and how it got created from what?  I do not believe in Evolution at all.. for example: if you look at the painting, there always a printer behind it right?? and it's the same thing with the Bible.. we have an arthur and that is God himself. 

In the book of Genesis 1:2 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters" 

it means, God created the earth and  the universe without nothing.. Proof that He is the creator. 
And when he walk on earth for 33 years, died on the cross for the sin of the world, He defeated Satan, the confused falling angel that wanted to take God's children with him to Hell.  People that follow him will not be with God.. God didn't created the world to be like this, since He is a gentleman God, He gives all of us a free will.. Hell only designed for Satan and his people, but not for human kind.. they choose to be stubborn and blinded and believe what they think it is right.. but deep down inside they still feel confused and wondering what will happens to them if they die.. 

Being a believer like I am, I have hope.. love and patience for Jesus. oh man...once the Revelation kicks in I do not want to be left behind..

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
(ICR) 

In these pages we often identify evolution as the scientific justification for an anti-Christian mentality. This long war against God was on full display at the famous Scopes Monkey Trail in 1925, where humanistic forces gathered to strike a blow against God and the necessity of submitting to Him in life’s choices.

Well-known scientists prepared to bring evidence for evolution, but the law had obviously been broken and the judge refused to turn the case into a scientific debate. In a bizarre and unprecedented turn of events, the lawyer defending the creation law agreed to be a witness. He was tricked by the ACLU lawyer into defending creation and the entire Bible on the witness stand. Unfortunately, he himself had already compromised with long ages and local flood concepts, and couldn’t give a consistent defense of either creation or biblical inerrancy. Through it all, biblical doctrine and Bible believers were mercilessly ridiculed in the press, an assault which continues today.

The end result? Christianity largely retreated underground and withdrew from the public arena.
Interestingly, all the scientific evidences supposedly supporting evolution that were slated for use in the trial, and which were picked up in the surrounding media blitz, have been thoroughly discredited today. Even evolutionists no longer use them. Consider, among others:

1. Neanderthal Man—a fully human people group, with art, music, agriculture, weapons, etc.
  2. Piltdown Man—an embarrassing scientific forgery; an ape’s jaw coupled with a human skull-cap
  3. Nebraska Man—touted as an ape-man, but represented by nothing more than a fossilized pig’s tooth
  4. Embryonic recapitulation—forged drawings of embryos that supposedly show humans related to the animals
  5. Peppered moth—mere color shifts in a population that have now shifted back
  6. Vestigial organs—thought to be evolutionary leftovers, but now known to be functional
These discredited evidences are still repeated in school textbooks today. When confronted, evolutionists admit the faulty claims, but insist they still be used since there are no better claims that are so effective in teaching evolution. And so millions of American schoolchildren each year are indoctrinated in a false worldview.
Nevertheless, truth will win out. Christians are attempting to regain lost ground in the political, educational, and religious arenas. Interest in creation still flourishes today, spawning thousands of creation scientists, hundreds of creationist organizations, and millions of creation believers. Polls taken in America consistently show a majority of people hold to some form of creation, especially young-earth creation.
Things are not what they should be, but neither are they as bad as before. What a wonderful time to be a Bible-believing Christian/creationist recruit in the Lord’s army.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
I believe in shamanism. It's not really known but it's like believing in ur ancestors and other stuff. I'm hmong so I think where the only ppl that believes in shamanism. The reason shamanism isn't really known is Bc it's really old and some ppl hv change there beliefs.

I found this in believing in shamanism and it explains our religion better than I can.

Shamanism is a practice that involves a practitioner reaching altered states of consciousness in order to encounter and interact with the spirit world and channel these transcendental energies into this world. A shaman is a person regarded as having access to, and influence in, the world of benevolent and malevolent spirits, who typically enters into a trance state during a ritual, and practices divination and healing.

Shamanism encompasses the premise that shamans are intermediaries or messengers between the human world and the spirit worlds. Shamans are said to treat ailments/illness by mending the soul. Alleviating traumas affecting the soul/spirit restores the physical body of the individual to balance and wholeness. The shaman also enters supernatural realms or dimensions to obtain solutions to problems afflicting the community. Shamans may visit other worlds/dimensions to bring guidance to misguided souls and to ameliorate illnesses of the human soul caused by foreign elements. The shaman operates primarily within the spiritual world, which in turn affects the human world. The restoration of balance results in the elimination of the ailment.

I believe in evolution but only to a certain extent. Man exists from pre-existing man. There isn't an exact date as to when the Earth was created and until today, scholars still argue on the exact date, time, and year that this Earth was created.
I am convinced that this world was created by mother nature. Natural disasters have shaped our planet and is continuing to do so. Unless you believe in a God, there is no evidence that this world was created by one man, who created another and so on. Only biblical texts states that.

beachboy777 said:
There no good person on this earth.. no even 1.. why?? because we are a sinner. human nature we tense to sin. 
BS with the big bang theory and mother nature.. If you can explain to me the creation on this earth and how it got created from what?  I do not believe in Evolution at all.. for example: if you look at the painting, there always a printer behind it right?? and it's the same thing with the Bible.. we have an arthur and that is God himself. 

In the book of Genesis 1:2 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters" 

it means, God created the earth and  the universe without nothing.. Proof that He is the creator. 
And when he walk on earth for 33 years, died on the cross for the sin of the world, He defeated Satan, the confused falling angel that wanted to take God's children with him to Hell.  People that follow him will not be with God.. God didn't created the world to be like this, since He is a gentleman God, He gives all of us a free will.. Hell only designed for Satan and his people, but not for human kind.. they choose to be stubborn and blinded and believe what they think it is right.. but deep down inside they still feel confused and wondering what will happens to them if they die.. 

Being a believer like I am, I have hope.. love and patience for Jesus. oh man...once the Revelation kicks in I do not want to be left behind..
I must disagree on you that "there is no good person on Earth". I believe that as long as you believe in good deeds and well-being that there ARE good people on Earth. However, I also believe that all of us are sinned because otherwise, we wouldn't be born onto this Earth to repay our wrong-doing debts in previous lives. God is only here to help but that's only if you believe in it.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
I agree there is no "good person" on earth. I personally believe that we all are sin. Personally, I've heard a lot about Christianity and heaven. I mean if there is a heaven and if heaven is so good why did god send Adam and Eve to earth? Why not let them live happily in heaven? Me personally believe that the reason is to hv us pay our sins on earth. Earth is how he judges us. I think that us as ppl we all suffer in different ways and we all hv our own "demons" that we deal with. I mean living here on earth, being able to live and make our own decision and pay the price or not we all suffer. There is no define saying that we all will be living happily ever after. Bc if there is pls tell me. Earth is a place for us to to learn from our mistakes. Take the learning and make better admends from them. Bc this world is not a perfect place. We sin from every corner we take and we pay the price and learn from them.

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
Yes, 2000 and a little over years.. No such thing as million of years or else the world will be over populated. I believe the Bible 100%. Along with the prophecy and evidence all over the world! You need to look at creation very carefully and please observe it. Things around you scream out intelligent design !! Why does college and high school don't want teacher to teach real Biology?? Use the word intelligent?? Because that will prove Darwin's theory a BS. Even though we all know he's wrong.. If you google online and see how many professors got fired from using the word intelligent design??

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
Knowing the truth.. Not blinded by Darwin theory and society.. I don't feel confused because my God is a faithful God.. Not a confused God.

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
I grew up as a Shaman but found God during my freshman year of high school. Before I became a Christian, I was always really rebellious but not to the extreme. lol My family was never close, but when when I became a Christian, my life changed dramatically. My family got closer and we rarely fought/argue. When I said my life changed dramatically, I mean it. I stopped swearing, I argue less with my parents, I learned to love and care for the world and the people itself, be less judgmental, etc. I'm not saying that I became perfect or am perfect. I have to admit that I still do make mistakes and sin here and there but it doesn't define me. I know that if I repent and is sincere about it, my God would and will always forgive me. I have encounter many things in my life thus far that God has helped me through. When I couldn't find my birth certificate and was in major need of it, I prayed before I went to sleep and woke up the next morning with a text from my sister saying that she found it. When I lost two friends last year, God showed me love when I needed it the most. He was my love and comfort. I made it through all that was going on without killing myself. lol I received my letter that I wrote to myself earlier that year that my school made us write to ourself. I was totally not expecting what I wrote on my paper. I was surprise because on my paper that I wrote to myself by asking God to help me through everything that I may encounter that will hinder my faith in Him. He took out those two friends from my life because they were a distraction to me. I really appreciate it because if that didn't happen, I wouldn't be where I am today. It wasn't God's fault either because I had prayed for Him to take out anything that was hindering me from moving closer to him, grow my faith in him, and he did - my two friends. Even if my two friend and I didn't end on good terms, I still loved them unconditionally. But who knew that a few months later one of them would comeback into my life. It was all according to God's timing because every time I went according to my time, it never worked out. Whenever He does it, it was always at the right time. There have been many times when God has done so many things to me unexpectedly - when I needed the housing department to approve my appeal for the apartments because I didn't meet the requirements. I was declined because I didn't depend on God about it, but when I had to re-appeal, I prayed really hard for them to approve it and finally it did even though I said the exact same thing I said on the first appeal. He made a way for me because I believed that He will and He did. I don't believe that the whole "if you do good, you will receive good, and if you do bad, you will receive bad" only belongs to one or few religions or whatever. Forgive me if that didn't sound right. lol I also believe in it also to an extent even if I am a Christian. As a Christian, I believe that we are all sinners but because Jesus died for us, we have been set free from that despite the fact that we are still sinners and not perfect. If you knew me before I became a Christian, you would see how much I have changed after I changed from shamanism to Christianity. A lot of my friends have told me that I have changed and gotten a whole lot nice and wiser than I used to be. lol I get really upset when other Christians put down other people just because they don't believe in God. Because so many of them behave that way, a lot of other people labels Christians to be this and that and that they're always shoving the Bible down their throat. I want to say that that's not true for all. I am definitely not one of those people and all my Christian friends and family aren't either. 
I really respect a lot of you guys and your religion, and I hope to receive the same in return even if you believe me or not. To make it clear about Adam and Eve, they weren't from Heaven. God created them. I understand that nothing is definite, but for me, I would always believe that God created the earth, Jesus paid the price for me when I didn't deserve it, and that there is eternal life after the Second coming of Jesus. 

Hopefully I didn't bore any of you guys or stir anything. Just wanted to put my perspective and belief out there. I am very proud of whom I have become to this day because of this decision I made - converting to Christianity on my own will. 

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
I grew up in Christian home all my life. Went to grade school thru 12, and continue Bible College, now working on Masters in anohher Christian university .. Therefore I have strong faith..; if Im coming out strong, please forgive me.

Chalidaluvprin

sarNie Adult
I was born as shamanism and stayed with it till today but I want to be a Christian so I read bibles and pray everytime. In my culture I girl has to follow there parents until there married so
Hoping to find a Christian husband or a Buddhist husband.